HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

LatvianTwist's 2013 Mock Draft 1.0

Old
03-17-2013, 11:20 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
I was just kidding. Trust me, I'm still definitely on the "we need a top 6 winger" bandwagon but Beau has done very well filling up the space on the Malkin line.
I don't think Malkin's wingers are the issue anymore. Neal and Bennett are more than capable there.

I shudder to think of what Crosby could do with legit top 6 wingers though. Just look at Kunitz this year, and most wouldn't consider him anymore than a good 2nd line winger.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:16 AM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Love the pick LT but god I wish Dallas could get Lindholm or Monahan. Barkov is my pipe dream.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:25 AM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
I don't think Malkin's wingers are the issue anymore. Neal and Bennett are more than capable there.

I shudder to think of what Crosby could do with legit top 6 wingers though. Just look at Kunitz this year, and most wouldn't consider him anymore than a good 2nd line winger.
Kunitz has looked like a definite 1st liner this season. Judging by stats only Dupuis looks like one this season... but he still blows a couple of chances per game. I would love to acquire a legit first line guy (whether it be a young guy like Chris Stewart or an elite rental like Iginla) and put Dupuis into a third line role (which he will probably shine on).

It pisses me off when people say that we don't need any top 6 wingers and instead need more defense - we have one guy who has been mediocre this season and two guys that should start sitting in the press box.

Kunitz - Crosby - Flavor of the Month
Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Kennedy - Sutter - Dupuis
Cooke - Vitale - Adams

Despres - Letang
Martin - Orpik
Eaton - Niskanen
Bortuzzo

Fluery
Vokoun

I'd trade Kennedy + Maatta + 1st for Iggy, Niskanen for Setoguchi, and a 3rd for Douglas Murray. Gives us 4 solid lines and a shut down line in Bortuzzo - Murray.

A man can dream.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 01:02 AM
BarDownMcBobo

vCash: 512
That's gotta be close to the worst possible scenario for the Oil. They need either Barkov or Monahan. I'd think they'd either try hard to trade up there, or move down to around 10 and pick one of Nurse, Zadarov, Pulock or Ristolainen.

BarDownMcBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 07:01 AM
ManByng
It's Me OilTastic

the play of Sam Gagner this year may make it less urgent for the Oilers to get a center...no longer "slow, weak" as some have put it, took a conditioning course and added a lot of strength to his body and it shows, he's not so easy to knock off the puck anymore, and also apparently took power skating over the summer and it shows in that he's noticeably quicker this year and now, with these physical improvements, seems able to use his talent a lot better.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1815
Mantha has to be one of my favourite players of the draft. Would absolutely love it if the Canucks got him.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:05 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
That's gotta be close to the worst possible scenario for the Oil. They need either Barkov or Monahan. I'd think they'd either try hard to trade up there, or move down to around 10 and pick one of Nurse, Zadarov, Pulock or Ristolainen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
the play of Sam Gagner this year may make it less urgent for the Oilers to get a center...no longer "slow, weak" as some have put it, took a conditioning course and added a lot of strength to his body and it shows, he's not so easy to knock off the puck anymore, and also apparently took power skating over the summer and it shows in that he's noticeably quicker this year and now, with these physical improvements, seems able to use his talent a lot better.
Just not sold on Gagner, and Lindholm is easily up there with Barkov and Monahan.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:30 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Rychel. Not bad. Good format.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 06:38 PM
virothepyro
#lydia2012

i could see the players going in a order similar to this, have to wonder if the pens would use their second rounder on Oliver Bjorkstrand.

they do seem to love drafting players from that team and they will have got a good look at him from just watching Pouliot play.

Would help the Organizational depth out alot, but if they take a forward in R1 they likely take another defenseman in R2

virothepyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:52 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by virothepyro View Post
i could see the players going in a order similar to this, have to wonder if the pens would use their second rounder on Oliver Bjorkstrand.

they do seem to love drafting players from that team and they will have got a good look at him from just watching Pouliot play.

Would help the Organizational depth out alot, but if they take a forward in R1 they likely take another defenseman in R2
Don't think they should be taking any defensemen in the first two rounds any time soon unless they fall hard.

Old
03-21-2013, 04:13 PM
txomisc

i'd personally prefer Pulock over RR for Dallas in that scenario but not by alot.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:47 PM
PriceIsGod
#TokarskiTime

Quote:

Niskanen for Setoguchi.
A man can dream.
Yes , a man can dream , even though im a habs fan ... why the hell would Minny trade Setoguchi who is doing great this year for ... Niskanen ? he looked terrible in Dallas and imo is a #4 D on the pens. Setoguchi is a 2nd line winger with the potential 1st line of Parise/Heatley - Koivu - Seto.

PriceIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:48 PM
virothepyro
#lydia2012

Quote:
Don't think they should be taking any defensemen in the first two rounds any time soon unless they fall hard.
Yea, just seems shero normally works that way

virothepyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:51 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
i'd personally prefer Pulock over RR for Dallas in that scenario but not by alot.
I see some OEL in RR, and I think he could end up being a similar player. I personally think he's the best player outside of the top 6.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:27 AM
I am Canadian
Foreverly Hopeful

Quote:
Kunitz has looked like a definite 1st liner this season. Judging by stats only Dupuis looks like one this season... but he still blows a couple of chances per game. I would love to acquire a legit first line guy (whether it be a young guy like Chris Stewart or an elite rental like Iginla) and put Dupuis into a third line role (which he will probably shine on).

It pisses me off when people say that we don't need any top 6 wingers and instead need more defense - we have one guy who has been mediocre this season and two guys that should start sitting in the press box.

Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Vitale - Adams

Despres - Letang
Martin - Orpik
Eaton - Niskanen
Bortuzzo

Fluery
Vokoun

I'd trade Kennedy + Maatta + 1st for Iggy, Niskanen for Setoguchi, and a 3rd for Douglas Murray. Gives us 4 solid lines and a shut down line in Bortuzzo - Murray.

A man can dream.
You must have been happy.

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:24 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Planning on updating it this weekend. New thread or stick with this one?

Old
04-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Water Knight

Quote:
Planning on updating it this weekend. New thread or stick with this one?
I say do a new thread.

Water Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:14 AM
ManByng
It's Me OilTastic

Quote:

Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Vitale - Adams

Despres - Letang
Martin - Orpik
Eaton - Niskanen
Bortuzzo

Fluery
Vokoun

A man can dream.
funny how the Flames didn't get anything close to that for Iggy, but did get the Pens 1st rounder, while Dallas got Joe Morrow for Brendan Morrow....

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Irish Eric
Rookie User

No way on Fucale

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
I have no problem with Toronto picking Rychel, but as a Mooseheads fan, I would want Fucale at that spot.
The very last thing the leafs need in the first round is a goalie prospect! get a clue Rey.

Irish Eric is offline   Reply With Quote