HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated"
Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated" Rated PG13, unmoderated but threads must stay on topic - that means you can flame each other all you want as long as it's legal

CPAC Controversy: Audience Member Defends Slavery, Segregation

Old
03-17-2013, 07:34 AM
Ugmo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
They still own half of Congress, over half of the state legislatures and governor's offices
True, but midterms are all about which voting block is angriest enough at the other party to show up in strength, and the GOP will have always have better cards in that regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
and got about 47% of the popular vote in the last presidential election despite pandering heavily to the far right and having birthers, more overt racists, and other whackjobs constantly being vocal inside and outside the party for them.
It has to be said though that America was and remains in a precarious situation economically, and any incumbent would be expected to have a tough time in view of that.

Not that I don't agree with you... I don't understand how the GOP gets more than the wealthiest 2 percent of the vote in any election, but clearly they are a lot better at framing their message to poorly educated whites than the Democrats are.

Ugmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:17 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
Lots of people actually believe thiss tuff. Almost everybody in my family is a hardcore conservative, and its unreal the stuff they buy into.

Helton4Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Ozamataz Buckshank

If it wasn't for slavery, black people would still be in Africa. Essentially slavery was white people just doing them a favor bringing them to America. Us whites don't get the credit we deserve for doing something so noble.

Ozamataz Buckshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:16 AM
theotis77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Lots of people actually believe thiss tuff. Almost everybody in my family is a hardcore conservative, and its unreal the stuff they buy into.
More people believe it than most want to admit. I can take any 10 born and bred Southern, white, religious conservatives around me, of which there are a dime a dozen, and present them with this loon's statement at CPAC. At least 2 would agree, openly and outright. Another 4 or 5 would happily agree, but only if they thought you were "one of them" and were in private company. The rest would range from not believing it but not wanting to cause problems by opening disagreeing, to one or two who would dare to openly mock and criticize it.

I mean, I suppose that's progress from the 60s, when it would have been 9 out of 10.

theotis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
God do I love the CPAC.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:34 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

I admit, I thought the guy was trolling Colbert style. But ya gotta love CPAC, between that and Sarah using the old "Obama uses a teleprompter!!! Oh lololol noez!!!" while reading OFF A TELEPROMPTER, it's the gift that keeps on giving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
LOL Didn't watch.
Of course you didn't, you were probably the dick in Confederate t-shirt.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Doppler Drift

Halftime entertainment.

Doppler Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:09 AM
Eisen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this guy was trolling?
Don't care. Some trolls are not in good taste. They deserve to be ridiculed. And thrown out of society.

Eisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:53 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselForSelke View Post
If it wasn't for slavery, black people would still be in Africa. Essentially slavery was white people just doing them a favor bringing them to America. Us whites don't get the credit we deserve for doing something so noble.
If it wasn't for the European nations, Africa wouldn't be wrecked apart in ethnical struggles because country lines wouldn't set based on culture or ethnicity.

If it weren't for the African slaves, the southern part of the US would have been underdeveloped for years due to lack of cheap labour. Washington City wouldn't have been built so cheaply.

The US owes a big part of their history and riches to slave labors. Be it past or actual, sanctioned or unsanctioned.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 06:33 AM
Ugmo

I'm not so sure about that guy being a troll. We've seen Obama bring out the worst kind of racism in a lot of people... without remorse and without irony. But all of a sudden the guy at CPAC is supposedly a troll just there having a laugh? I think it's a lot more likely that the guy is not a troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch
If it wasn't for the European nations, Africa wouldn't be wrecked apart in ethnical struggles because country lines wouldn't set based on culture or ethnicity.

If it weren't for the African slaves, the southern part of the US would have been underdeveloped for years due to lack of cheap labour. Washington City wouldn't have been built so cheaply.

The US owes a big part of their history and riches to slave labors. Be it past or actual, sanctioned or unsanctioned.
Time to adjust your sarcasm meter dude...

Old
03-18-2013, 07:10 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post

I did suspect a sarcastic comment, but with some of the bonehead posters of this board, I wasn't willing to let such offensive comment go unchallenged.

Old
03-18-2013, 07:46 AM
Ugmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I did suspect a sarcastic comment, but with some of the bonehead posters of this board, I wasn't willing to let such offensive comment go unchallenged.
Well he does have Elizabeth Warren in his avatar, so you could have put two and two together.

Old
03-18-2013, 08:07 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Well he does have Elizabeth Warren in his avatar, so you could have put two and two together.
I use the mobile version of the site; no avatar

Old
03-22-2013, 09:34 AM
Ilkka Sinisalo
Amazing American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBryanRoleModel View Post
I have that very George Wallace button!!! I wore it at an election party for the lulz. My favorite response was "It's funny that pin says 'Stand up for America' considering he would eventually end up in a wheelchair."
"You know, I tried to talk about good roads and good schools and all these things that have been part of my career, and nobody listened. And then I began talking about n*****s, and they stomped the floor." -George Wallace

Ilkka Sinisalo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

Quote:
You mean Alex Jones is an Alex Jones fan?

Just in case:

"This is not a nick or a scratch, this is an open wound" - Doug Wilson.
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
I am really am, dude is a riot.

Helton4Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkka Sinisalo View Post
"You know, I tried to talk about good roads and good schools and all these things that have been part of my career, and nobody listened. And then I began talking about n*****s, and they stomped the floor." -George Wallace
I will be fair to Wallace in respect to infrastructure; he did also develop Alabama's educational system so that it wasn't a total embarrassment, too bad he intended the schools to be segregated. He did change his ways after he was shot though, which was pretty good.

Concordski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:20 AM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post

If it wasn't for the European Nations and African Tribes enslaving Africans, human beings wouldn't have been treated like economic assets.
These people do not represent conservatism. Let us remember there are fringe lunatics on both sides.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Ugmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
If it wasn't for the European Nations and African Tribes enslaving Africans, human beings wouldn't have been treated like economic assets.

Quote: