HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All encompassing value of Mike Ribeiro thread

Old
03-17-2013, 12:33 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
How about Matteau and one of our D prospects not named Merrill or Gelinas? Like Matteau, Urbom/Burlon, 3rd
I'd probably do it. I really like Matteau. Big. Strong. Left-handed. Him and Wilson or Brouwer on the same line would make life miserable for any opponent.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:40 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

How long is Ribeiro signed? Just this season? If so I'd change that to a conditional 3rd

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:44 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Wasn't he acquired for a late 2nd + B (ish?) prospect last year? (I'm not sure how to characterize Eakin c. last June. A good prospect, I guess?)

Not sure his value has increased that much.
He was acquired when the lockout was looming and his value certainly didn't go down since - he's been excellent in DC.

Old
03-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
He was acquired when the lockout was looming and his value certainly didn't go down since - he's been excellent in DC.
On the other hand, he was acquired for a full season (they wouldn't have made the trade assuming a lost season, right?), and now he's a rental.

I'm not saying his value is lower than at the draft--though I think it probably is--but even if its the same, a 1st + a good prospect just seems like a pretty big ask.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
What would we need to add to Ribs to get Rakell?
Rakell is unlikely to be traded.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:57 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
On the other hand, he was acquired for a full season (they wouldn't have made the trade assuming a lost season, right?), and now he's a rental.

I'm not saying his value is lower than at the draft--though I think it probably is--but even if its the same, a 1st + a good prospect just seems like a pretty big ask.
I don't see much difference between "a full year" with a shortened pre-season and playoff run.

If CBA wasn't expiring, he'd fetch WAY more than he did. But the Stars felt like they're afraid of losing him for nothing and Caps felt like the 'sale' price is worth a risk.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Seabound117

Tbh speaking as a Caps fan I'd rather do whatever it took to resign Ribs. I'm really growing tired of constantly hearing how much "potential" this or that young player has, to be fair I don't follow other team's prospects to know who is legit or not but I'm just weary of hearing how elite we will be in 3 seasons or so once all these "potential" superstars are up. You can keep your first I'll keep one of the few players to actually act like they care.

Seabound117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:02 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
How about Ribeiro and third for Rakell? Or Ribeiro and Chandler Stephenson? Actually, Ribeiro and any prospect not named Kuznetsov/Forsberg/Wilson/Grubauer/Schilling/Kundratek/Orlov/Barber. That leaves , among others, Wey, Galiev, Mitchell, Djoos, Stephenson, DiPauli, Carrick available. Solid bunch. Pick one, package with Ribs, send Rakell.
P.S. If I'm the Ducks, I'm taking Ribs and Mitchell for Rakell and run away.
Rakell isn't going anywhere, the transition to center has really worked and he has a chance to be a tremendous 2 way guy, also we're not deep at center long term, he won't be moved

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:16 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

So if any bruins fans see this... If krejci is out for a while, any interest in Ribeiro as a replacement?

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

The main reason Ribeiro's value has increased so dramatically is supply and demand. Here's a list of the pending UFA centers this year. Who on that list aside from Ribeiro is a bonafide top 6 center on a team that'll be selling at the deadline? With Weiss out for the season, that list is basically just Roy, and even he's doubtful. The Stars are just 3 points out of a playoff spot, who knows if they'll be sellers at the deadline.

Now, how many teams want to add a top 6 center? Chicago, Anaheim, and NJ just in this thread. Pretty sure I've seen NYR, Ottawa, and Vancouver ask about him in others. Might add the Bruins to this list if Krejci's knee is in bad shape. There are some other teams I think could be interested, but I think you get my point. If even half those teams make serious offers for Ribeiro, it's enough to drive up the price significantly. I don't expect high profile prospects like TT, Rakell, or Merrill, but I think 1st + B prospect (i.e. McNeill, Karlsson, Matteau), with maybe even a conditional added on like in the Kaberle trade, is probably what it'll take to land him.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Slappy

This is probably a moot point because the Hawks probably wouldn't trade him anyway, but if the Caps really wanted Teravainen they would've taken him in the draft when they had a chance (and took Wilson instead).

Slappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 03:29 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy View Post
This is probably a moot point because the Hawks probably wouldn't trade him anyway, but if the Caps really wanted Teravainen they would've taken him in the draft when they had a chance (and took Wilson instead).
GMGM doesn't draft Finns.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 03:39 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy View Post
This is irrelevant. They could've really liked TT but just liked Forsberg and Wilson more and felt they were better fits. It doesn't mean GMGM wouldn't want to trade for TT.

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
The main reason Ribeiro's value has increased so dramatically is supply and demand. Here's a list of the pending UFA centers this year. Who on that list aside from Ribeiro is a bonafide top 6 center on a team that'll be selling at the deadline? With Weiss out for the season, that list is basically just Roy, and even he's doubtful. The Stars are just 3 points out of a playoff spot, who knows if they'll be sellers at the deadline.

Now, how many teams want to add a top 6 center? Chicago, Anaheim, and NJ just in this thread. Pretty sure I've seen NYR, Ottawa, and Vancouver ask about him in others. Might add the Bruins to this list if Krejci's knee is in bad shape. There are some other teams I think could be interested, but I think you get my point. If even half those teams make serious offers for Ribeiro, it's enough to drive up the price significantly. I don't expect high profile prospects like TT, Rakell, or Merrill, but I think 1st + B prospect (i.e. McNeill, Karlsson, Matteau), with maybe even a conditional added on like in the Kaberle trade, is probably what it'll take to land him.
Typically, rentals bring back projects, even at the highest ends(they get the highest end projects usually).

Old
03-17-2013, 06:59 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Typically, rentals bring back projects, even at the highest ends(they get the highest end projects usually).
For example...

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:00 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Ribeiro 28GP 10Goals 21Assists = more than a ppg

Ribeiro would be the top point producer on 19 other teams right now.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:15 PM
TwistedWrister90

Frolik, Pirri, and a first for Ribeiro/Hendricks

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
For example...
Colborne, Esposito, Cormier...

Old
03-17-2013, 10:15 PM
jeffl97

I'd definitely like Ribs on the team. I'd do the 1st+dsp trade, or maybe something like 2nd + Bonino?

Palmieri - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Ribeiro - Selanne
Winnik - Koivu - Cogliano
Beleskey - Steckel - Etem/Staubitz

We should go all in this year to win the cup. Will most likely be the last time we have Perry on our team, and if he walks we have plenty of space to re-sign Ribeiro which would help fill some of the gap Perry leaves behind next year.

Ryan-Getzlaf-x
Palmieri-Ribeiro-x
for next year.

jeffl97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:16 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Colborne, Esposito, Cormier...
All three were traded as part of larger deals that involved significantly more valuable pieces than the players mentioned. Each of those deals involved 1st round picks. Your statement implied that rentals primarily return project prospects, not that they were throw-ins (Esposito) or parts of larger deals, of which they are usually the second or third most valuable part of the trade.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
All three were traded as part of larger deals that involved significantly more valuable pieces than the players mentioned. Each of those deals involved 1st round picks. Your statement implied that rentals primarily return project prospects, not that they were throw-ins (Esposito) or parts of larger deals, of which they are usually the second or third most valuable part of the trade.
Sorry, I didn't realize that Caps fans had given up on getting a first round pick and were just looking for a prospect. Tell me, which past rental trade are you trying to match?

Old
03-17-2013, 10:44 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Frolik isn't coming the Capitals. The Capitals were adamant in their defense Green didn't elbow Frolik in 2010 and the video showed he didn't and while the NBC and TSN slandered Green, Frolik didn't come out and say he didn't elbow him.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:48 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't realize that Caps fans had given up on getting a first round pick and were just looking for a prospect. Tell me, which past rental trade are you trying to match?
I'm not a Caps fan. In any case, I read your comment to mean "primarily" rentals return a project prospect. Moving along...

Old
03-18-2013, 08:01 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
I'm not a Caps fan. In any case, I read your comment to mean "primarily" rentals return a project prospect. Moving along...
That is what it meant. I stand by the fact that no GM, no matter how bad they are, goes into trading those players saying to themselves, 'I want projects, spare parts, and maybe a pick or two'.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:18 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Or, the Caps could trade him to a team that wants to sign him longterm to maximize the return AND help the new team in the playoffs THIS season.

IF he's moved (and that's a BIG IF), he'll get a 1st and a decent prospect, minimum.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote