HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jonathon Blum

Old
03-17-2013, 05:26 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Jones/Josi

vCash: 500
blum + pick for drew stafford

yes I know he is on buffalo

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:47 PM
thecloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
blum + pick for drew stafford

yes I know he is on buffalo
I'm down for this. except blum could maybe bring a better return but then again Stafford could thrive with a change of scenery. He'd be a good pickup.

Kostitsyn needs to be traded for a pick, just get him out.

Andddd I've heard from CGY friends that we could get Cammalleri for a pick. I'd be down for that. He created multiple chances when we played them a couple nights ago.

Time to make trades now!

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:28 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
I'm down for this. except blum could maybe bring a better return but then again Stafford could thrive with a change of scenery. He'd be a good pickup.

Kostitsyn needs to be traded for a pick, just get him out.

Andddd I've heard from CGY friends that we could get Cammalleri for a pick. I'd be down for that. He created multiple chances when we played them a couple nights ago.

Time to make trades now!
He created multiple chances because Hannan didn't care a think in the world about stopping anyone.

Preds33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:49 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Hate seeing anyone hurt, but..... glad Blum should see a chance at some regular minutes in a pairing that he seems comfortable with. (although Trotz will now juggle D pairs and Bartley will end up with Ellis just because...)

deanwormer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:55 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Hate seeing anyone hurt, but..... glad Blum should see a chance at some regular minutes in a pairing that he seems comfortable with. (although Trotz will now juggle D pairs and Bartley will end up with Ellis just because...)
Watch them call up another D from Milwaukee just so they can sit Blum. That is how much Trotz seems to hate Blum.

Preds33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:29 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

The bad thing about the Blum-Ellis pairing is they will get cycled on if the line they're up against has any size. They're both undersized for the position.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
The bad thing about the Blum-Ellis pairing is they will get cycled on if the line they're up against has any size. They're both undersized for the position.
This is a big consideration to why Blum has been scratched often. One smaller defenseman can be worked in but two presents issues. Blum has not been better than Ellis.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:23 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
This is a big consideration to why Blum has been scratched often. One smaller defenseman can be worked in but two presents issues. Blum has not been better than Ellis.
I agree. What makes it real bad is our only answer seems to be Hannan. Then you're not getting cycled on because teams are skating around him on the rush.

Bartley, Blum and Ellis are offensive defensemen, that aren't overly physical.

Josi has a good 2 way game and doesn't seem to get pushed around much, Weber is a beast and Klein can handle his own in the defensive zone. What we need is Ekholm to pan out and be able to replace one of the 3 listed above.

Josi-Weber
Klein-Ellis (actually isn't bad because of Klein's speed and defensive play and Ellis offense and passing.
Ekholm-Blum/Bartley

Old
03-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Byrddog

I would like to try
Weber-Ellis
Josi- Blum
KK- Bartley

For the simple reason of seeing if Blum could have a top 4 bone in him. He shows flashes then makes bigger bonehead moves than KK did when he was in his first couple years on the big team.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:39 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Klein has earned his spot in the top 4, and right now, is one of our top defensive defensemen.

It's funny though, now it seems he is always ahead of the play in the defensive zone and it shows on his penalty minutes (not a minor all season). He seems to make smart plays and correct reads most of the time.

When he was coming up though he was a mistake waiting to happen.

He still has some brain farts in the offensive zone, but even those have cut down.

I really like Klein's game now, he's really developed. Which is great, a defensive defenseman with speed is tough to find and he's still an incredible skater.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Byrddog

I agree KK has earned the spot but right now the team must have a evaluation on Blum in the top pair and for that matter Ellis as well. Play them there a few games before the trade deadline. This could elevate there worth if a trade presents. Hannan nor Gill will get nothing more than 3rd rounder as a rental.

Maybe im just grasping at straws trying to squeeze the assets we have into getting some offensive help.

Old
06-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

I remember making this topic earlier in the year. With the new announcement that Nashville is essentially done with Blum altogether, I am still interested in the potential for Ottawa to look at him. What do you think his value would be now from Ottawa?

I mean, I know that the chances are that they aren't going to even qualify him so Ottawa may not even need to spend an asset. However, if Ottawa wanted the chance to be an exclusive negotiator/qualifier...

Maybe a boom/bust prospect like Andre Petersson or the rights to Nikita Filatov?

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:27 PM
braindead

Yes, thanks, we will take it. Good trade. Oh, I didn't bother to read what you are offering. We will take it. Deal. Done.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:32 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I think at this point anything would suffice.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 02:20 PM
preds1

vCash: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
I remember making this topic earlier in the year. With the new announcement that Nashville is essentially done with Blum altogether, I am still interested in the potential for Ottawa to look at him. What do you think his value would be now from Ottawa?

I mean, I know that the chances are that they aren't going to even qualify him so Ottawa may not even need to spend an asset. However, if Ottawa wanted the chance to be an exclusive negotiator/qualifier...

Maybe a boom/bust prospect like Andre Petersson or the rights to Nikita Filatov?
If memory serves me right, Labatt Blue is produced in Toronto so that wouldn't work.
Maybe a case of Ottawa's finest or whatever you might recommend.

I would say probably a 3rd, but a 4th would get it done too.
Blum's still a good bottom pair D-man with 2nd pair upside if he was more consistent.
Change of scenery might be good for him.

preds1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 02:39 PM
Byrddog

Looking back on the thread it would have been best for the Preds to have traded Blum before the lockout. Now we will trade his rights for little to nothing or put the rights into a package, there will be another team out there that will take a chance on him. But his value now is pretty low.

Old
06-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Tripod

Philly offers you a 4th rounder this year. Deal?

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:15 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Philly offers you a 4th rounder this year. Deal?
we'll need a 2nd if he goes to philly

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:01 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Looking back on the thread it would have been best for the Preds to have traded Blum before the lockout. Now we will trade his rights for little to nothing or put the rights into a package, there will be another team out there that will take a chance on him. But his value now is pretty low.
before the lockout he had been demoted to Milwaukee and his trade value was pretty low. I think it was the right call to hang onto him and see if he could get his act together. the little return we could have got for him before the lockout wasnt much to gamble...

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 07:42 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
we'll need a 2nd if he goes to philly
Haa...this. Any other team, 4th is fine.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 03:12 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I really hope Poile has something up his sleeve. I am generally a very vocal fan of his, but I see Blum and Halischuk both as players with pretty decent potential. The loss of both of them for absolutely nothing would be a big blow to my opinion of him.

Halischuk once scored 15 goals with the least ice time on the team. Blum once was our #3D. Losing them both for literally nothing is truly unacceptable.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 03:35 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I really hope Poile has something up his sleeve. I am generally a very vocal fan of his, but I see Blum and Halischuk both as players with pretty decent potential. The loss of both of them for absolutely nothing would be a big blow to my opinion of him.

Halischuk once scored 15 goals with the least ice time on the team. Blum once was our #3D. Losing them both for literally nothing is truly unacceptable.
Poile isn't Nostradamus ... these two didn't exactly fit the long range plan of "getting bigger" throughout the line up ... Blum doesn't have enough talent to not be able to just play positional defense (aka he doesn't like getting hit and pretty much admitted to that in an interview)

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 03:48 PM
predfan24

Blum sucks I'm sorry and Hali isn't really a bottom six player but he's not good enough to crack a team's top 6. I think Blum needs to go but keeping Hali as depth isn't a bad idea.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 04:48 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post

Think about what you are saying. They both did those things two seasons ago. If poile had traded them then, yes he would have got something for them. But then we would have been saying what an idiot poile was fir trading talented young players. But now the have both played themselves into the crapper. Poile could have dumped them when they first started to decline but by then the return would have been a low pick or another failing prospect, so instead he chose to hang on to them when they began to decline in hopes that they would return to form. It was a good gamble that didn't pay off. You can't go back and retroactively blame poile for not trading a player when they were playing well because at that time nobody thought they would end up being useless. It truly makes about as much sense as blaming poile for not getting anything for JP Dumont

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 05:04 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Listening to Poile talk, he's not saying he's going to let them walk, he's just saying they're not part of our plans, they might even still get a qo, but Poile wants to trade them both.

Let's wait and see what happens first. I'll be both get traded if for nothing more than FC or late round picks.