HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates

Old
02-25-2013, 02:50 PM
oilersrock99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
I agree The Hilton may be a little more pricey but no transportation issues. And in Three block area there is all the entertainment and food you could want.

Shoot you might just want to stay after a game at the bridge, But if you do please bring Eberle, Hall and RNH along Oh and maybe Yakupov too.
Lol, I'll try to bring them out. The trip is the 4th annual trip for my buddy and I, and we usually sit right behind the Oilers bench at the games - and will be in Nashville. We get all decked out in our Oilers gear and we usually manage to talk to the coaches and management - they all recognize us now. We did Dallas and St. Louis last year behind the bench, Colorado the year before, and then LA and Anaheim 3 years ago (although in Anaheim we weren't behind the bench).

oilersrock99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:41 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersrock99 View Post
Lol, I'll try to bring them out. The trip is the 4th annual trip for my buddy and I, and we usually sit right behind the Oilers bench at the games - and will be in Nashville. We get all decked out in our Oilers gear and we usually manage to talk to the coaches and management - they all recognize us now. We did Dallas and St. Louis last year behind the bench, Colorado the year before, and then LA and Anaheim 3 years ago (although in Anaheim we weren't behind the bench).
Maybe I'll see you out n about Friday night. We are staying down there Friday night as well instead of driving 1 hour back home then doing it all over again Saturday. Me and my buds usually do a road trip every year but not this year, short season and all.

kypredsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:25 AM
oilersrock99

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Maybe I'll see you out n about Friday night. We are staying down there Friday night as well instead of driving 1 hour back home then doing it all over again Saturday. Me and my buds usually do a road trip every year but not this year, short season and all.
Sounds good! We won't be difficult to spot - I'm a 6'4 brown guy with a beard and I'll be wearing a blue wig and cape (see picture to the left), and my buddy will be wearing an orange wig

Old
02-26-2013, 10:55 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Sounds good! We won't be difficult to spot - I'm a 6'4 brown guy with a beard and I'll be wearing a blue wig and cape (see picture to the left), and my buddy will be wearing an orange wig
haha, I'll look for the tall guy then.

You may or may not receive a beer on me.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:36 AM
oilersrock99

Hey all. I'm arriving tomorrow around 5:30/6. The Oilers are playing Detroit tomorrow and I was wondering if there's a good bar close to Vanderbilt that you'd recommend (I'm staying at the Holiday Inn) that shows out of market games - somewhere I can catch the Oilers/Detroit game.

I've heard that Sams is a good place, and its not far from the hotel I'm staying at.

Last edited by oilersrock99: 03-06-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old
03-07-2013, 12:41 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Hey all. I'm arriving tomorrow around 5:30/6. The Oilers are playing Detroit tomorrow and I was wondering if there's a good bar close to Vanderbilt that you'd recommend (I'm staying at the Holiday Inn) that shows out of market games - somewhere I can catch the Oilers/Detroit game.

I've heard that Sams is a good place, and its not far from the hotel I'm staying at.
Honestly, I'd just head on down near the arena and there's a Bailey's on Broadway less than a block from the main entrance and it's 2 stories and plays hockey games.

Old
03-07-2013, 06:44 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Piranhas on 2nd I can promise you will have the game on.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:40 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Has anyone ever stayed in the Guesthouse Inn about a mile west of the arena? It's not fancy at all, but we won't be there much.

FYI, everything the weekend of the 23rd (CBJ's) is mostly booked or has a 2 night minimum. A couple big concerts are also in town. Maroon 5 and someone else I think.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:17 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Has anyone ever stayed in the Guesthouse Inn about a mile west of the arena? It's not fancy at all, but we won't be there much.

FYI, everything the weekend of the 23rd (CBJ's) is mostly booked or has a 2 night minimum. A couple big concerts are also in town. Maroon 5 and someone else I think.
Some guy named Eric Clapton is playing on the 22nd with the Walflowers, Maroon 5 is the 24th, Alan Jackson is playing the Grand Ole Opry, Vanderbilt baseball plays Florida, Rockettown is hosting the battle of the bands and Flashdance is opening at TPAC.

It's a pretty eventful weekend that weekend, I'm not surprised rooms are full. I'd check the Cool Spring and Franklin area hotels and cab ride to downtown.

Event calendar

http://eventful.com/nashville/events...200-2013032523

Old
03-07-2013, 09:01 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:

We are staying at the Guesthouse Inn & Suites tomorrow night in Midtown. My brother has stayed there before and said it's decent for the price.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:50 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 50
Hey guys, my GF and I are heading down to Nashville April 9th for the Blues-Preds game and I have a couple of questions. First, any great restaurants that you would recommend near the stadium? Also, is there any parking lot I should avoid(like break-in problems, unreasonably high price etc.). Thanks in advance guys.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:51 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Parking is everywhere, never had issues. Restaurants are all right in front of arena, just walk into wherever you feel like. You don't have to go far.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Hey guys, my GF and I are heading down to Nashville April 9th for the Blues-Preds game and I have a couple of questions. First, any great restaurants that you would recommend near the stadium? Also, is there any parking lot I should avoid(like break-in problems, unreasonably high price etc.). Thanks in advance guys.

Anywhere within 5-10 blocks you will be cool for parking.

There are lots of different restaurants, what are you looking for? I personally prefer Jack's (BBQ) and Pirahna's (bar with great sandwiches).

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:27 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

If you're buying I prefer Flemming's or PF Changs

If I'm buying Piranha's...

Old
03-16-2013, 11:12 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
We are staying at the Guesthouse Inn & Suites tomorrow night in Midtown. My brother has stayed there before and said it's decent for the price.
How was the stay?

Old
03-16-2013, 07:59 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Anyone suggest a good cigar bar near the arena?

Old
03-17-2013, 12:17 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
How was the stay?
Just fine. Close to downtown.
Quote:
Anyone suggest a good cigar bar near the arena?
Flying Saucer, only a couple of blocks up broadway.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:34 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Just fine. Close to downtown.

Flying Saucer, only a couple of blocks up broadway.
Awesome...thank you for both

Old
03-17-2013, 10:35 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Is Flying Saucer a cigar bar? Their website doesn't make it look like one.

Old
03-17-2013, 07:43 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

There's a section specifically for cigars in there. Atleast last time I was in there.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:33 PM
Nitrous Mafia

the section you walk through to get to the main bar, that has all the picnic style tables, is the cigar area.

i know there is a cigar bar on 2nd, just not sure where.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Steeltown Jacket
FanFromPensTerritory

Hey Preds fans, a few buddies and I randomly decided to take a weekend trip to Nashville from Columbus from Thursday-Sunday to visit another buddy of ours. Just so happens to be that the CBJ will be in town on Saturday. As far as tickets are concerned, how does the ticket scalping situation stand for home games? Is it strictly enforced? Many sellers? Price +/- face value? I went directly to the official Predators/Ticketmaster website and all the "cheap" seats are sold out in pairs, only single seats left. Any on top of that, face value is way higher than Nationwide Arena.

Any info you guys can provide would be great. Thanks.

Steeltown Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:45 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeltown Jacket View Post
Hey Preds fans, a few buddies and I randomly decided to take a weekend trip to Nashville from Columbus from Thursday-Sunday to visit another buddy of ours. Just so happens to be that the CBJ will be in town on Saturday. As far as tickets are concerned, how does the ticket scalping situation stand for home games? Is it strictly enforced? Many sellers? Price +/- face value? I went directly to the official Predators/Ticketmaster website and all the "cheap" seats are sold out in pairs, only single seats left. Any on top of that, face value is way higher than Nationwide Arena.

Any info you guys can provide would be great. Thanks.
scalping is legal at any price and you can probably get tix for below face if you are patient.. it all depends on how early you want to get inside the arena, as you might expect the price drops closer to game time. most of the scalpers work together so the prices will probably be the same on any street corner. you can occasionally find an actual fan selling thier tix but most people just go straight to the scalpers to unload their extras early

the way the preds are blowing goats I suspect there will be plenty of tix available on the street

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:55 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Scalping is legal anywhere but on the arena property.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:01 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

IMO, Stubhub (or any similar site) is the best way to go. You get discounted tickets and don't have to worry about that crap. Plus, the game will be sold out, so scalpers won't be throwing out many discounts unless you wait until close to the end of the 1st. Currently, there are tons available in the low to mid $40's.