HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Slugs VS Duds - The Joke Continues 3/17/13 - 7PM @ The House of Jokes/Verizon

Old
03-18-2013, 09:16 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
missed the game for travel. saw the box. come here and.....its all about missing the empty net? ok.

so, is the good johansson back now? was he injured all along?
OV missed an empty net from the blueline. So a long shot, but he should of made it. Between that and his many mis-handles of pucks makes me wonder if he needs his eyes checked, but I am not to excited about him missing the EN.

As for Mojo, he looks the same prior to injury accept for a slight sence of urgency in his play. Almost like he knows changes are coming and if he doesn't pick up his play he will be a part of said changes. Just a guess on my part though.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:19 AM
g00n
Global Moderator
๑۩۞۩๑♩♪♫♬๑۩۞۩๑

Calm down, people. It's the Sabres. You know, in the basement with us, and the only team in the league with a coach that's greener than ours.

g00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Ovechkins Wodka

wouldnt be shocked if we drop the next 4 on the road Pitt, Jets, Jets, NYR. Doubt this win has any effect on our "tank".

Ovechkins Wodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:42 AM
Vladiator16*

Glad we won... Dont wont them to tank on purpose. Also, who gives a **** about missed empty net/dump in by OV, aside from fantasy people. If you actually watched the game you would notice a lot of good in OV's game, especially stepping in for Backstrom vs that ***** Ott, looked like old times to me.
Need to beat Jets twice and Rangers or Pitts this week and we are in business...

Last edited by Vladiator16*: 03-18-2013 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Mistake on schedule
Vladiator16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:44 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
missed the game for travel. saw the box. come here and.....its all about missing the empty net? ok.

so, is the good johansson back now? was he injured all along?
That whole sequence was a comedy of errors. Sabres giving the puck to the Caps in their zone, Caps missing the empty net. Summed up both teams just perfectly, I think. I found it highly enjoyable.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:54 AM
g00n
Global Moderator
๑۩۞۩๑♩♪♫♬๑۩۞۩๑

At that point the game was over, and I think the Caps didn't want to risk being too aggressive and maybe facing more funny schtuff. Just killing the clock.

g00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:55 AM
txpd

ok...and? ive seen good players miss empty nets and open nets from a lot closer.

and....johansson??

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:00 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
wouldnt be shocked if we drop the next 4 on the road Pitt, Jets, Jets, NYR. Doubt this win has any effect on our "tank".
I'll go even further. TDL is April 3rd and we have 8 games before the TDL, 7 on the road and 1 at home. The home game is against the Islanders, the 7 road games are against the Penguins, two against the Jets, Rangers, Flyers, Sabres and Hurricanes. I'd say there's a good possibility that we lose all 8. Should remove all doubt about if we are sellers and tanking.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:06 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Don't know if it was Joe B or Locker that made an interesting observation/comment towards the end of the game about Ribeiro. The comment was that Ribeiro's point totals would make him the team's point leader on 19 other NHL teams. I found it interesting in that it was something we would write on thes boards when inflating the value of a player for trade purposes, just thought it seemed odd coming from these guys unless they also see what the returns might be for Ribeiro.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:07 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
OV missed an empty net from the blueline. So a long shot, but he should of made it. Between that and his many mis-handles of pucks makes me wonder if he needs his eyes checked, but I am not to excited about him missing the EN.

As for Mojo, he looks the same prior to injury accept for a slight sence of urgency in his play. Almost like he knows changes are coming and if he doesn't pick up his play he will be a part of said changes. Just a guess on my part though.
I wouldn't see the harm in this at all.

Thats like the 3rd or 4th time he's missed an EN this year alone! At least once he hit a post though.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:29 AM
BrooklynCapsFan

Quote:
ok...and? ive seen good players miss empty nets and open nets from a lot closer.

and....johansson??
Johansson had two points but he still doesn't look as good as he did last year when he was a bad player. If you want to keep not watching and project him at a goal and an assist per game, knock yourself out.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:38 AM
SlappaDaBass

I laughed at Holtby trying to score one on the empty net. There was some good goals in this game, Chimera's, Johann's, and Matty's were all impressive, who knew that crashing the net would result in such a great outcome?

SlappaDaBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
I think he could use some laser eye correction. Seriously.
I've been saying they need to get his eyes checked for a couple years now.

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:59 AM
tycoonheart

Another highlight reel goal for MP. Dude's been bringing it recently.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:32 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Johansson had two points but he still doesn't look as 2 as he did last year when he was a bad player. If you want to keep not watching and project him at a goal and an assist per game, knock yourself out.
knock myself out? love the ny attitude, dude. but....the guy has been back in the lineup for 5 games now. this is what i am referring to. the 5 games. not just the one game. 5 games. five games. 2 goals. 2 assists. 4 pts. in 5 games.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:01 PM
bonzilla

Mojo's highlight compilation for this season would be pretty funny. Trasher, trasher,closest player to a Bruins own-goal, missed empty net.

bonzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:07 PM
txpd

alright. i have learned my lesson. watch the games or dvr the games and watch them myself. if i dont see them, dont bother asking anyone here for some *** feedback on what happened.

geez...i have to say. i am not missing watching the games right now and i know realize that i dont really miss these boards either.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:09 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
alright. i have learned my lesson. watch the games or dvr the games and watch them myself. if i dont see them, dont bother asking anyone here for some *** feedback on what happened.

geez...i have to say. i am not missing watching the games right now and i know realize that i dont really miss these boards either.
That's not nice. We miss you

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:11 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Closet Las Vegas fan

Quote:

Don't let the logout button hit you on the way out!

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:13 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Closet Las Vegas fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzilla View Post
Mojo's highlight compilation for this season would be pretty funny. Trasher, trasher,closest player to a Bruins own-goal, missed empty net.
At least he has a few highlights now. Not so long ago...they were all lowlights.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:53 PM
bonzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
At least he has a few highlights now. Not so long ago...they were all lowlights.
Yea, he's snapping out of it - looking better every game! But Chimmer is now the real problem..My god how many off balance poor angle shots did he attempt yesterday after his goal? 10?..Oates need to have a word with him on that s*!.. or just let him do that on the 4th line..

bonzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 01:08 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Johansson had two points but he still doesn't look as good as he did last year when he was a bad player. If you want to keep not watching and project him at a goal and an assist per game, knock yourself out.
He didn't suck last year and he has looked good in the last few games. Generating a good amount of O. Just needs to finish a bit better. He is still very young and raw.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 03:31 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

I thought Mojo looked good. He was making some nice plays off the wing, and unlike everyone else used on 19 and 8's line the puck doesn't die on his stick.

OTOH Fehr has been terrible ever since the Bruins game. He looks slow and out of shape, and isn't as aggressive on the puck. He also has been turning the puck over a **** load on the rush, trying to be too fancy. I think he's a guy that should be on the 3rd line. He's gotten away from what was making him successful because he's been way too fancy lately.

90-19-8
21-9-20
25/16-85-42
26-83-25/16/15

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Dream Big

Quote:

Yeah the boards have been pretty harsh lately. Not much worth reading.

Still value your input whether I agree or don't agree, so keep coming back. Please.

Dream Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Capsman

Quote:
knock myself out? love the ny attitude, dude. but....the guy has been back in the lineup for 5 games now. this is what i am referring to. the 5 games. not just the one game. 5 games. five games. 2 goals. 2 assists. 4 pts. in 5 games.
Txpd, he has looked good. Some people see his occasional gaffes as defining him, but I think he has been much more. He has been a little braver and more effective on the boards. He's going to the front of the net. And, importantly for this team, he has been a guy who can break neutral zone defenses and get a possession set up in the offensive zone. He has reminded me why I and everyone else needs to be patient with him. I think earlier in the year he was caught in the general dysfunction of the team.

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote