HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vail to join the Bulldogs on Tuesday

Old
03-17-2013, 11:16 PM
bib
#believe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Gotta feel bad for this kid. I remember in interviews he was really aiming to up his +/-, not that it means all that much given context, but that was what he wanted to focus on. He wanted, iirc, to have his +/- somewhere around +20. Finished -22. Feels bad man.
Check out his team's +/- stats though.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...008412013.html

Hoping he'll make the jump to the Dogs next year, along with a bunch of our other prospects.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:26 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Good for Brady, some good experience going forward for him

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:44 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Interesting, to my knowledge, this is the first time the Habs have ever done this by sending a player to the AHL after there junior season ended while still having to return to the CHL the following season.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Akipa
HFB Partner

While i have not watched him consistently I know many people who have. They have for the most part been very impressed with how he has played despite the previously stated numbers. In this case numbers don't tell the entire story. It is an encouraging sign to see plenty of young Canadiens prospects growing within the system. The future of this team is looking very bright.

Akipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Mad Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Interesting, to my knowledge, this is the first time the Habs have ever done this by sending a player to the AHL after there junior season ended while still having to return to the CHL the following season.
I believe the Habs did this with Turner Stevenson way back when.

Just looked it up. Turner played 4 games in the AHL playoffs for the Fredericton Canadiens in 1990-91 collecting no points but 5 minutes penalty.

The following season he went back to juniors in Seattle. Those were the years where Montreal only drafted for first rounders the big western beef that had played in Seattle. Lindsay Vallis, Turner Stevenson, Brent Bilodean, David Wilkie.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:49 AM
KadoCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akipa View Post
While i have not watched him consistently I know many people who have. They have for the most part been very impressed with how he has played despite the previously stated numbers. In this case numbers don't tell the entire story. It is an encouraging sign to see plenty of young Canadiens prospects growing within the system. The future of this team is looking very bright.
Definitely, 2nd best defensive forward in the Western Conference coaches poll is a nice a little honour on such a poor defensive team. Especially for an 18 year old to get.

KadoCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Scotianhab

Is Windsor supposed to be good next year? I wonder if he gets traded to a better team to help continue the rebuild.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Bullsmith

Man did he have a tough year in Windsor. Not his play so much as that team just being a train wreck. When you're shut down center has to play D to ice a lineup, things aren't good.

Getting a chance to join the dogs for a stretch hopefully gives him a chance to end his season on a better note. He's a prospect I like a lot. Type of guy we don't have a ton of.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 01:48 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
Is Windsor supposed to be good next year? I wonder if he gets traded to a better team to help continue the rebuild.
It seems like it could go either way. On paper, they seem to have the talent to be a good team, but it looked that way this year too. The defence looks strong with 19 year olds Koekkoek and Sieloff anchoring their unit, they missed most of the 2nd half this year, which really hurt. 19 year olds Rychel, Vail and Johnson up front. Ho-Sang should be a top 10 pick in the 2014 draft and could be an offensive force as a 17 year old. They don't have their 1st rounder as it was taken away due to sanctions, but they have 2 pretty high picks in the import draft. They probably need a goalie above all.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Dogs need all the depth they can get. He brings it.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:38 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Really like this move by the organization. Give him some pro-experience heading into next year in the CHL and he will have a better understanding of what he needs to improve.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:47 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
I watched Vail a number of times - including a game against Sarnia, in which his line dominated Galchenyuk's line. Vail has potential written all over him. I'm really happy that they are boosting up his morale and confidence by giving him a shot with the Bulldogs.
EXACTLY I saw him in Brampton one day , he is a solid alround player

we will be an NHL`er one day

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:05 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Too bad we won't see Kirby Rychel in the PO i was looking forawrd to watch at least a game of his.
Drafting Rychel would be a major mistake by Timmins, which is why he likely isn't going to do it.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:51 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Excellent news. Since he isnt one of the high radar prospects he can take all the time he needs in Hamilton and become a shutdown center.
Agreed. With his size, if he can become a solid 3rd or 4th line center, it would be great

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:53 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Drafting Rychel would be a major mistake by Timmins, which is why he likely isn't going to do it.
Real daring post

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:57 PM
dcyhabs

Did I see Gorges on the PP in previous posts? Makes about as much sense as dumping Markov. Tinordi may be ready, give the other kids some AHL time. Have to see when Diaz can be ready and whether he can avoid further head injuries.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 07:33 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Only saw one game but I was surprised by his play with the puck. Didn't think it was going to be bad but definitely didn't think he'd be as skilled as he was considering he's more a defensive forward. Seemed like a really good skater too. Man did Timmins smash that draft.

Seemed like a blend between Leblanc and Bournival. Not quite as skilled as Leblanc and not as fast as Bournival.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:45 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Habber View Post
I believe the Habs did this with Turner Stevenson way back when.

Just looked it up. Turner played 4 games in the AHL playoffs for the Fredericton Canadiens in 1990-91 collecting no points but 5 minutes penalty.

The following season he went back to juniors in Seattle. Those were the years where Montreal only drafted for first rounders the big western beef that had played in Seattle. Lindsay Vallis, Turner Stevenson, Brent Bilodean, David Wilkie.
nice catch, that was a little before I started getting into watching/following prospects but interesting to see.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:11 PM
IcemanTBI

Great to see bim plying with the Dogs! Ive seen him play a few tines this season, Vail has potential written all over him. He works hard, plays smart and can put up points. I am confident to say he will play with the Habs within a couple of years.

IcemanTBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:15 PM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
So he never signed a two-way just some kind of tryout contract?

Sounds like he replaces Dumont for Hamilton

BrimStone64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:23 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
So he never signed a two-way just some kind of tryout contract?

Sounds like he replaces Dumont for Hamilton
http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/pres...article_id=323

He signed an ATO contract with Hamilton.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:22 AM
OHLTG

Vail is going to be a good one sooner, rather than later. He's not going to put up 30 goals in the NHL, or even the AHL, but he'll be a gritty, two-way forward that you don't want to play against in the final few min. I'm looking forward to following his career after it gets started once he leaves Windsor.

OHLTG is offline   Reply With Quote