Lucic and Horton

Old
03-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Derp?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
They were dominate today, they won't be dominate every night.
They were dominant because the Capitals are soft and didn't fight back. They need to bring that same intensity every night. Especially against the teams that will fight back.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 08:00 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
They were dominant because the Capitals are soft and didn't fight back. They need to bring that same intensity every night. Especially against the teams that will fight back.
Caps are a big team, and one we've recently seen come out on top versus a pretty stale Bruins club. Makes me think Horton and Lucic went ******* not because they were facing the Caps, but because they were called out specifically by Julien and the media.

Good to see, but not sure we can expect that type of game from them every game, especially on the physical side. Lucic was already one of the top hitters before today's game, I suppose he could fight more but I'd rather see him on the ice hitting people personally. A couple of nice passes from him, but we've been seeing that all year (very underrated part of his game imo). Horton was riled up, but I think we can thank Hendricks for putting that bee in his bonnet, guy was after him right from the start (or at least the Fehr hit). That isn't the norm for him, he's a skilled guy that uses his size well but no one that often throws the body around.

Tonight they produced, they need to keep doing that. As we've seen from that line though they are all very up and down in that regard. Hopefully it kicks Horton's production funk and he starts getting more bounces go his way. It'll come back for him, but I think it will take a bit more time.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 08:01 PM
Lordstanley
Playoffs!

Yes lets get rid of that pathetic 1st line as well as the 2nd , 3rd , and the useless fourth ...... maybe we can bring in some great talent at 2 - 3 million per player

Lordstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Can we have a Fire Clode thread next?

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 08:28 PM
PsychoDad

We're an godawful terrible team. That 1st line.. sucks.. that 3rd line.. jeez.. no D prospect deptch. We need a major reshake.

Am I doing it right?
Or maybe, just maybe, you could think about who exactly is available to actually UPGRADE the team, doesn't cost more money and doesn't screw up the already thin prospect pool.

PsychoDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 09:02 PM
whatsbruin

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoDad View Post
We're an godawful terrible team. That 1st line.. sucks.. that 3rd line.. jeez.. no D prospect deptch. We need a major reshake.

Am I doing it right?
Or maybe, just maybe, you could think about who exactly is available to actually UPGRADE the team, doesn't cost more money and doesn't screw up the already thin prospect pool.
You forgot to mention the goaltending which has been abysmal.
We should trade both now while they are hot, get max return.

whatsbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
I actually think he looks faster this year.
He is a bit. Looch's skating has improved incrementally each year he's played.

Once he tops out, he's as fast as any big guy. It's his acceleration, or lack thereof, that kills him when he's flat footed.

Looch is what makes that line go. The 3 of them have to do it consistently. This team isn't going far w/ 2 scoring lines, and 1 that's prone to inconsistency. They better have all 3 squared away, or it's going to be an angry summer around here.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

vCash: 800
It was obvious the Cap's defenseman tried to pass the puck from behind the net (when it appeared Lucic passed the puck to Krejci for the goal) either to one of his teammates or just to get it out of their end. I never heard anything from any of the Bruins analysts about it. Looch didn't make that pass if you watch it closely. Just wondering if you guys noticed it.

Bruinswillwin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 09:33 PM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
I'm starting to think that the team as a whole looks dominant when Lucic and Horton play like ***holes. I don't know if there's a trickle down effect that allows the Bergeron line to run wild or what, but the team in general just looks so much more in synch when the Krejci line plays well.

That's all well and good...if Lucic/Horton can be more consistent

chuckdobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 09:35 PM
Bruinator

Teams that are considered stanley cup contenders trade for UFA's like Horton, they don't deal them away. Horton was one of THE most clutch individuals of our Cup Run and when he wasn't there last year, how'd we do. Exactly. Lucic epitomizes what a Bruin should be which is why the Bruins signed him to such a lucrative contract extention this year. Not sure what he has done that would change anyone's mind about him.

Bruinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 09:43 PM
BklyNBruiN
HFBoards Sponsor

This is another one of those threads to try and stir up some bs. An honest assessment he says lol BS!

BklyNBruiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 09:58 PM
EastCoastNiner

When the Lucic-Kreji-Horton line is going, the rest of the team is going most of the time. That doesn't necessarily mean that the other lines are going to be scoring a ton, but they are usual not going to be a liability as they are very defensively sound.

When Horton rips one, there's smoke coming off the puck. However, I wish he could handily psses near the middle of the zone a little better. He has trouble with that, but when he gets a great shot off, it's money.

EastCoastNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 09:58 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Quote:
Me too. We were just saying ( today at the game) how fast he can move for a big guy. Looch made a couple of beautiful passes from behind the net.

I like him He can stay.

03-16-2013, 11:22 PM
unifiedtheory

I've been bashing Lucic for a month and Horton for 2 weeks.

They were EXCELLENT today. When they play like that, physically involved (although I think Lucic passed up a lot of hits early) and hard on the forecheck they are simply a horror show for other teams to handle.

I think when they play like they did today, we are the best team in the league. Period.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:05 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Caps are a big team, and one we've recently seen come out on top versus a pretty stale Bruins club. Makes me think Horton and Lucic went ******* not because they were facing the Caps, but because they were called out specifically by Julien and the media.

Good to see, but not sure we can expect that type of game from them every game, especially on the physical side. Lucic was already one of the top hitters before today's game, I suppose he could fight more but I'd rather see him on the ice hitting people personally. A couple of nice passes from him, but we've been seeing that all year (very underrated part of his game imo). Horton was riled up, but I think we can thank Hendricks for putting that bee in his bonnet, guy was after him right from the start (or at least the Fehr hit). That isn't the norm for him, he's a skilled guy that uses his size well but no one that often throws the body around.

Tonight they produced, they need to keep doing that. As we've seen from that line though they are all very up and down in that regard. Hopefully it kicks Horton's production funk and he starts getting more bounces go his way. It'll come back for him, but I think it will take a bit more time.
Great post, best game for that line for sure but your right, to play that way each and every game is impossible, these boys aren`t robots.
Horty, for the first game in a long time, looked engaged all over the ice, and if he did that more consistently, I`d be less hard on him, he was floating for weeks up to yesterday. No need for him to drop the mitts too often with his history, but there was no excuse for him having, I believe, 19 hits this season, totally unacceptable. Let`s hope yesterday gave him the confidence that he could play that way still and he does

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:00 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Great post, best game for that line for sure but your right, to play that way each and every game is impossible, these boys aren`t robots.
Horty, for the first game in a long time, looked engaged all over the ice, and if he did that more consistently, I`d be less hard on him, he was floating for weeks up to yesterday. No need for him to drop the mitts too often with his history, but there was no excuse for him having, I believe, 19 hits this season, totally unacceptable. Let`s hope yesterday gave him the confidence that he could play that way still and he does
That's actually pretty much par for the course for Horton physically. And I don't mind that one bit, not at all. Rick Nash is the exact same type of player.

There are two types of physically dominate guys, those that leave a trail of bodies all over the ice and those that are big enough, and use their size well enough that they can exert their will all over the ice. Horton falls into the latter category when he's on his game.

Problem with Horton imo has been production or lack thereof, but that's a symptom of the concussion more then lack of desire. He's always produced. He's still a fraction of a second behind where he usually is and for offensive production that fraction of a second is a killer. It'll take time, but he'll be right as rain eventually.

I'm not sure why Lucic was getting crapped on. Guy leads the team in hits by a large margin and is producing at a similar clip to what he usually does offensively. He's really been our only physical presence of any significance up front.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Derp?

Quote:
I'm not sure why Lucic was getting crapped on. Guy leads the team in hits by a large margin and is producing at a similar clip to what he usually does offensively. He's really been our only physical presence of any significance up front.
Do you feel he's producing enough to justify the $6M cap hit he will have starting next season? I don't mean anything by that question, just want to know your opinion.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
Do you feel he's producing enough to justify the $6M cap hit he will have starting next season? I don't mean anything by that question, just want to know your opinion.
He isn't making 6 mill per yet, but to answer the question I think Lucic is a player worth that, yes.

If all he was counted on for was production then I would have issue even at 1 million lower, but that's not why he got that 6 million dollar extension. He got it because he puts up 60'ish points a season (which is as good as anyone else on this team including Krejci and Bergeron) while being one of if not the most physically dominating top 6 forwards in the league. That line has struggled to produce, but again there are 3 players that make up that line. Lucic is still doing what he always does, he's creating havoc around the goal, punishing the opposition physically, and causing turnovers by doing so. I think he's very consistent in this regard.

Yes, i believe he is right now worth that 6 million price tag, even though he is not yet making it. You take Lucic out of this lineup and the Bruins forward corps are a bunch of ***** cats outside Thornton. He's the main reason the moniker Big and Bad sticks.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:32 AM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinswillwin77 View Post
It was obvious the Cap's defenseman tried to pass the puck from behind the net (when it appeared Lucic passed the puck to Krejci for the goal) either to one of his teammates or just to get it out of their end. I never heard anything from any of the Bruins analysts about it. Looch didn't make that pass if you watch it closely. Just wondering if you guys noticed it.
Dude, you've been posting this in every thread.
What are you looking for... the Pulitzer?

Spooner st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Spooner st

Quote:
Lucic was already one of the top hitters before today's game, I suppose he could fight more but I'd rather see him on the ice hitting people personally. A couple of nice passes from him, but we've been seeing that all year (very underrated part of his game imo).
Lucic could pile up points if he had someone like Marchand to finish his play.

Spooner st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:43 AM
mashmont

How quickly we forget..

Nates a great player.. I would love to see him back.

mashmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner st View Post
Lucic could pile up points if he had someone like Marchand to finish his play.
Lots of players could. Marchand is a strong finisher and he's fast.

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Hit the search party

Quote:
same, Lucic to me looks like he's got a jump in his step. flys down the wing with the puck

Hit the search party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:57 AM
maahchand10

I know Clode called his two big wingers out and it seemed to work..for that game. What I don't understand is how a coach can be so stubborn as to know shake lines up. Oh I'm sorry he put Krejci and Seguin together for a few shifts, they lit itup then he went back to his cofort zone...Does he think he is hurting guys feelings by splitting them up? If Chia doesn't get him some help and he honestly can't figure out a decent line shakeup needs to happen; i don't care if he won a cup and he has einsteins version of a hockey system it's just BS.

P.S. I am sick of the Pandlfo, Rolston Whitfield Plugs being asked to do to much.

Last edited by maahchand10: 03-18-2013 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Sorry for my speling I must be losing it!
maahchand10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:45 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by maahchand10 View Post
What I don't understand is how a coach can be so stubborn as to know shake lines up. Oh I'm sorry he put Krejci and Seguin together for a few shifts, they lit itup then he went back to his cofort zone...Does he think he is hurting guys feelings by splitting them up?
The concern over splitting players up and redistributing them throughout the lines has nothing to do with "hurting guys feelings". It has everything to do with maintaining productivity with lines that are producing.

Right now, one line is consistently producing: Marchand, Bergeron, Seguin. Two lines are consistently producing if you also count the fourth line.

Marchand recently posted in his personal blog how his linemates are clicking because they have been playing together for some time now and they are able to depend on each other, knowing where each other is going to be, almost intuitively working together as a well-oiled machine.

Breaking this line up and redistributing the talent will not result in immediate, or even short term, results. We've seen this in the past and frankly, I'd prefer to not see this now.

The Krejci line needs to figure out what their issues are and correct them. Moving pieces around is not going to resolve that. Coach Julien has been recently forced to compensate for the missing third line center by occasionally moving different players around at different times throughout the games, but they aren't permanent moves by any stretch.

His preference seems to be -- and I hope it remains his preference -- to keep the lines together as much as possible. The first line needs to figure their issues out and resolve them. The only real holes that need to be resolved are third line related: center and wing. The solution to that will come out of either Providence or the UFA market. But the coach shouldn't be dismantling lines to address it in the long term.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote