HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PPM Part VIII: Sponsor Offers are in for Hockey!

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2013, 06:02 PM
canucks357

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
LM looks to be a position I will target (although not as important as CF).

[...]

I was looking forward to the new IGRs as well. After looking at them, it just seems to identify places where an upgrade may be needed. Both positions that stand out have solid, younger players approaching the current starters. I'll be interested to see how the rest of my team does after rebuilding my chemistry from running 2 camps at the end of the season. Hopefully the added chemistry bumps a few IGRs up as well.
Mine are in:

GK - 27
LD - 28
CD - 35, 30
RD - 28
LM - 28
CM - 27, 26
RM - 29
CF - 41, 40

Not too bad. My strikers jumped a solid 9 points each. Can't complain about that.

Also, if you need a LM I have a solid one coming up the ranks. Will likely want to sell him when he is 20. 88AQ, just turned 19 and nearly 1,000 OR. Likely will be Canada's U20 LM.

Old
03-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Mine are in:

GK - 27
LD - 28
CD - 35, 30
RD - 28
LM - 28
CM - 27, 26
RM - 29
CF - 41, 40

Not too bad. My strikers jumped a solid 9 points each. Can't complain about that.
Your defense and forward IGRs are fairly close to mine, with your LD having a (1 point) higher IGR than mine.

Quote:
Also, if you need a LM I have a solid one coming up the ranks. Will likely want to sell him when he is 20. 88AQ, just turned 19 and nearly 1,000 OR. Likely will be Canada's U20 LM.
My LM posted a 34, with his backup posting a 25 yesterday (i.e. last season).

I'll probably have to wait until after the U17 and U20 rosters are announced/selected to make a big purchase, but I would like to include that information in my analysis. I wouldn't want to bring in a LD (for example) if I end up with 3 USA junior team SDs.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:16 PM
tujague

Damn. I forgot all about getting the IGRs today. I just used my regular friendly lineup. The only starters who played were:
G Shipp 25 (only 3 behind Spicer is nice)
CDs Racvolgyi and Carpenter are both a 23 (this is the position that needs upgrading for this season)
New RM Krajco is a 29 (OBJ's Max Mark is a 36!)
Svorad played as a CM (22igr) but is really a SM

The surprise is 19yo Colt Diaz pulling a 28 at CF!

Today's purchase, 20yo Danny Crabbe from Germany, didn't play for the Atomics, but did play for his old team. He potted both goals in that game and managed a 27 rating as a CM. so the new guys aren't spectacular upgrades, but the age difference will be huge going forward.

Only 69M in the soccer bank. Woe is me

Old
03-11-2013, 10:10 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Only 69M in the soccer bank. Woe is me
Indeed. I haven't broke 30M since mid last season. I was bouncing around 0 for awhile too. Looking forward to the raise this year. Also want to see who the heck I face in the ChL!

Old
03-12-2013, 12:58 PM
canucks357

Curiosity

Huge news from Curiosity. Obviously not PPM-related however still could be the news of the decade:

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.ph...lease_2013-092

Old
03-12-2013, 05:03 PM
cody275
HFBoards Sponsor

Hello all.

I'm back after taking who knows how many seasons off. Re-made my old hockey team, got placed in III.5 Canada. Hoping to get them back to where I was when the game first started.

Any major changes that I should know about in the last 2 years or so in regards to the hockey?

Old
03-12-2013, 07:31 PM
tescosamoa

goals this season for football.

Finish top 4 in league 3.12

HR 8 and start on HR 9 .. If possible start 10

Finish off the large standup's and get 1 to 3 large with seats done before finance sponsorship deadline.
Those are my goals for my first full season of football.

I am happy to have 5m a week in sponsorship and 1m a week from media.
Up from 2m and 120k so rather happy on that.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:40 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Pretty good idea. I did a simulation to show how tiered OTR gain would induce teams to want to promote (OTR gained is a function of the other team's OTR ratio to yours). I could modify my simulation script to take this into account and see if there is a more normalized effective OTR (sOTR) that sponsors would see reducing the financial disparity.
Can't find my old script on my work laptop. I'll check to see if it is on the one at home before I start from scratch.

Old
03-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Emerald76

I'm looking for some thoughts off you guys.

Basically what is everyone's opinion on what chemistry and experience does to a player.

Do you have a formula that includes this in say, a spreadsheet for your players?

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Old
03-14-2013, 02:34 AM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post

Basically what is everyone's opinion on what chemistry and experience does to a player.

Do you have a formula that includes this in say, a spreadsheet for your players?

I do use a spreadsheet, I try and use it to track how far behind my prospects are from cracking a starting job, but I've only really been doing so for a season. I feel that everything is accurate except energy, since its non-linear it screws everything up. But the consensus seems to be that 100 energy or chemistry is a 20% boost. So my formula is OR * (.2chem/100 + .2exp/100 + 1). I only include the positional primary in the OR, and don't weight any of the secondary attributes as its only used for comparison of players trained under the same ratio.

So a player with 1000 OR, 100 Chem, 100 Exp would be the same as a player with 1400 OR, 0 Chem, 0 Exp.

Energy is the big mystery, I tried just multiplying the entire thing by energy/100, but IGRs refute that while energy is in the 90s and high 80s. It doesn't have that great of an effect until energy drops to 85-82.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:27 AM
tujague

Quote:
Huge news from Curiosity. Obviously not PPM-related however still could be the news of the decade:

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.ph...lease_2013-092
So they've fulfilled their objective. Time to come home?

I can't wait until we find some life. I know it's not possible , but I want it anyway. There has to be something living under one of those rocks

How long before we start introducing our own organisms to Mars? And let's start terraforming a crater. Pop a bubble on top and get some oxygen producers in there. Or do it on the moon first. But let's do something crazysexycool. Get people really excited about the space program again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody275 View Post
Hello all.

I'm back after taking who knows how many seasons off. Re-made my old hockey team, got placed in III.5 Canada. Hoping to get them back to where I was when the game first started.

Any major changes that I should know about in the last 2 years or so in regards to the hockey?
Welcome back, cody Not big changes in either sport except for the new match broadcast in hockey. That's pretty cool, but I'd only watch important games.

What are your plans for the team going forward? I've always wondered what I'd do differently if I had to start over. I still love the ole knucklepuck plan, but I'd probably tweak it a bit.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Emerald76

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
I do use a spreadsheet, I try and use it to track how far behind my prospects are from cracking a starting job, but I've only really been doing so for a season. I feel that everything is accurate except energy, since its non-linear it screws everything up. But the consensus seems to be that 100 energy or chemistry is a 20% boost. So my formula is OR * (.2chem/100 + .2exp/100 + 1). I only include the positional primary in the OR, and don't weight any of the secondary attributes as its only used for comparison of players trained under the same ratio.

So a player with 1000 OR, 100 Chem, 100 Exp would be the same as a player with 1400 OR, 0 Chem, 0 Exp.

Energy is the big mystery, I tried just multiplying the entire thing by energy/100, but IGRs refute that while energy is in the 90s and high 80s. It doesn't have that great of an effect until energy drops to 85-82.
Thanks for your insight.

Energy is the big mystery alright, can't get my head around it at all.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:04 AM
tujague

Are we underestimating the importance of speed on a CM? Here's two very similar players. Stamper has been on the team for a while, and Svorad is a new guy. Svorad was actually purchased to play LSM, but I'm using Bamburg out there in important matches until his chemistry is up a bit. So Svorad was moved inside to build chemistry when Bamburg plays.

Stamper|Svorad
Mid- 283|269
Shot- 128|121
Pass- 185|157
Tech- 212|165
Speed- 43|187
Head- 95|54

Exp- 38|31
Chem- 78|10

IGR 21|22

What the? Anyone else surprised by that? I would have thought Stamper was a better CM by a long shot. Assuming my thoughts below hold true, Stamper is actually gaining ~2 IGR just from his chemistry. So why is his IGR so low if not for the low speed? They wouldn't penalize him because his pass & tech are so far apart, would they?

Quote:

I don't have a spreadsheet. I pick the players I like the most and I play them no matter what

But maybe I can help with the chemistry bit. I'm assuming my recent purchase had over 75% chemistry. He didn't play enough to earn 100%, but he was with the team a long time. He played the first friendly game of this season with his old team, then I bought him and he played my first league game the next day. He had a 27 rating for his team, but is only pulling a 25 rating for mine. So I'm guessing 75% chem is good for a couple of IGR points. Hopefully this is true. Because I'd be a lot happier with the recent purchases if they were getting 2-3 more IGR.

Could 100% chem = a 10% improvement like that AzGift guy said?

Should we assume experience has the same effect?

Old
03-14-2013, 11:48 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Typical presumption is 20% boost for every 100 chem and same for 100 EXP (linear growth).

Quote:
Get people really excited about the space program again.
Don't have to convince me. There was a time where space exploration was in the culture of the USA. In turn people wanted to go into science, engineering etc. There was a cultural identity and pride. In turn the economy boomed. We've since lost sight of that and look what's followed. Neil deGrasse Tyson has ranted on this topic many times and I echo his opinions. I can rant much more if you so desire

Old
03-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Emerald76

Quote:

Stamper|Svorad
Mid- 283|269
Shot- 128|121
Pass- 185|157
Tech- 212|165
Speed- 43|187
Head- 95|54

Exp- 38|31
Chem- 78|10

IGR 21|22
This is extremely interesting..
I don't think a CM would need to go as far as Svorad has with the speed, but an increase in speed seems like it is needed.
Hmmmm...

Quote:
I don't have a spreadsheet. I pick the players I like the most and I play them no matter what

But maybe I can help with the chemistry bit. I'm assuming my recent purchase had over 75% chemistry. He didn't play enough to earn 100%, but he was with the team a long time. He played the first friendly game of this season with his old team, then I bought him and he played my first league game the next day. He had a 27 rating for his team, but is only pulling a 25 rating for mine. So I'm guessing 75% chem is good for a couple of IGR points. Hopefully this is true. Because I'd be a lot happier with the recent purchases if they were getting 2-3 more IGR.

Could 100% chem = a 10% improvement like that AzGift guy said?

Should we assume experience has the same effect?
I actually think 10% is more likely, as opposed to the 20% I keep hearing.

Old
03-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Emerald76

These are rough ratios for Tujagues 2 guys...

Stamper Ratios:-
100/45/65/75/15/35

Svorad Ratios:-
100/45/60/60/70/20

I've jut noticed how low you actually train Stamper in speed, I didn't notice it until I done up the ratios but I would say yes, you are training your CM's speed quite low, compared to me anyway.

I go with 35% of the primary.

Old
03-14-2013, 01:47 PM
cody275
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Welcome back, cody Not big changes in either sport except for the new match broadcast in hockey. That's pretty cool, but I'd only watch important games.

What are your plans for the team going forward? I've always wondered what I'd do differently if I had to start over. I still love the ole knucklepuck plan, but I'd probably tweak it a bit.
Not really sure to be honest. I'd kind of like to build like last time, but I think I'll need to just be patient with it. Going to take a little while to even remember everything again, and I'm sure I'll end up making a bunch of beginner mistakes again like last time.

I'll probably end up picking up some older players off the market first (unless I find some younger guys with higher quality cheap some times), to improve my team since I don't have the training facilities and such to make it worth dropping 10 million on somebody like I did the first time through. At that time I was kind of on an equal playing field with everybody else, to far behind at this point for it to be worth it.

Old
03-14-2013, 02:17 PM
canucks357

Quote:
What the? Anyone else surprised by that?
What are their energies (redundant now that it is the start of the season) but most important what are their preferred sides and where were they played? Us get higher IGRs than Ls or Rs in the middle...

Old
03-14-2013, 03:27 PM
tujague

Quote:
Don't have to convince me. There was a time where space exploration was in the culture of the USA. In turn people wanted to go into science, engineering etc. There was a cultural identity and pride. In turn the economy boomed. We've since lost sight of that and look what's followed. Neil deGrasse Tyson has ranted on this topic many times and I echo his opinions. I can rant much more if you so desire
Yeah. He's great. I've seen some of the videos you've posted

Quote:
This is extremely interesting..
I don't think a CM would need to go as far as Svorad has with the speed, but an increase in speed seems like it is needed.
Hmmmm...

I actually think 10% is more likely, as opposed to the 20% I keep hearing.
I think we have to go with 10%.

Quote:
These are rough ratios for Tujagues 2 guys...

Stamper Ratios:-
100/45/65/75/15/35

Svorad Ratios:-
100/45/60/60/70/20

I've jut noticed how low you actually train Stamper in speed, I didn't notice it until I done up the ratios but I would say yes, you are training your CM's speed quite low, compared to me anyway.

I go with 35% of the primary.
To be honest, I haven't really tried very hard over the last few seasons. I rarely look at other teams players outside of IGR. I just do what I want to do and let things fall where they may. Years ago I would train speed, shot & heading for CMs and they were falling way behind. I switched to just training Tech & pass and haven't looked at anyone else since. That's my bad. Obryantj's CMs both have around 100 speed. I guess I'll have to start training it again.

I'm still surprised to see Svorad get the better rating.

Quote:
What are their energies (redundant now that it is the start of the season) but most important what are their preferred sides and where were they played? Us get higher IGRs than Ls or Rs in the middle...
Same energies and, here's another shocker, Stamper is a U and Svorad is an L. Not at all what you expected, eh?

Old
03-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
Are we underestimating the importance of speed on a CM? Here's two very similar players. Stamper has been on the team for a while, and Svorad is a new guy. Svorad was actually purchased to play LSM, but I'm using Bamburg out there in important matches until his chemistry is up a bit. So Svorad was moved inside to build chemistry when Bamburg plays.

Stamper|Svorad
Mid- 283|269
Shot- 128|121
Pass- 185|157
Tech- 212|165
Speed- 43|187
Head- 95|54

Exp- 38|31
Chem- 78|10

IGR 21|22

What the? Anyone else surprised by that? I would have thought Stamper was a better CM by a long shot. Assuming my thoughts below hold true, Stamper is actually gaining ~2 IGR just from his chemistry. So why is his IGR so low if not for the low speed? They wouldn't penalize him because his pass & tech are so far apart, would they?
Quote:
To be honest, I haven't really tried very hard over the last few seasons. I rarely look at other teams players outside of IGR. I just do what I want to do and let things fall where they may. Years ago I would train speed, shot & heading for CMs and they were falling way behind. I switched to just training Tech & pass and haven't looked at anyone else since. That's my bad. Obryantj's CMs both have around 100 speed. I guess I'll have to start training it again.

Same energies and, here's another shocker, Stamper is a U and Svorad is an L. Not at all what you expected, eh?
I'd say its definitely the speed. By "both" of my CMs are you referring to Piposiar and Taganovich? When I saw your post, I immediately thought of Tim Hammons (universal). Here's his stats:

Stamper|Svorad|Hammons
Mid- 283|269|289
Shot- 128|121|127
Pass- 185|157|204
Tech- 212|165|187
Speed- 43|187|102
Head- 95|54|100

Exp- 38|31|14
Chem- 78|10|76

IGR 21|22|26

--------------------------------

I'm looking forward to soccer pulls due to having a fairly fresh SA-15 (only 1 week of pulls at 15) with max sporting directors. It's probably going to be a huge letdown, but, for now, the possibility of greatness is there.

Also looking forward the junior NT elections finishing and seeing what my team's representation will be like on those teams. Champion's Leagues groups would be nice to see as well....

In other words, I'm pretty excited about this part of the season.

Old
03-14-2013, 07:20 PM
suprvilce

I have gotten pretty lucky, got 3 players in the last 4 days, 26 year old RFAs, each over 1000 OR and each for only 25k. The bad news though is i'm running out of spots on my team and since their salaries are pretty high i don't want to go over 40 players, so i'll slowly selling my lower OR guys. My transfer fee is almost 30% and i will still have to sell at least few more players as i'm expecting more players to join my team. Now i'm not sure if i should even continue to send offers to get more lucky purchases as that means i'll have to move more players and transfer fee will go up through the roof.

Old
03-14-2013, 08:41 PM
canucks357

Quote:
I suspect the low speed (15%) is actually a detriment and hindering the one guy rather than the excess speeding helping the other.

Old
03-15-2013, 11:08 AM
canucks357

Soccer Firesale

Just a heads up guys, I was just made sitter of Ragateene Rabbits and have been instructed to sell (only, no buying) his players off. He has a few gems. I'll likely toss them on the market middle of next week to give everyone a chance to accumulate some funds. After that I'll check his pulls until the sitter assignment ends at which point they'll fold and we'll lose his 80,000 seat stadium

Old
03-15-2013, 06:36 PM
canucks357

New PR... based off Wednesday when I saw JoruneZephyr play in his men's league:
http://hockey.powerplaymanager.com/e...tml?data=21442

Old
03-18-2013, 10:27 AM
tujague

Whew. Almost suffered a miserable tie in soccer. Total domination in the first half, but no goals. Switched to high in the second and still didn't score until the last few minutes. I hate wasting that energy playing on High, but at least I got the points. Dammit.

IN NT news, the US is the only bid to host the World Cup tourney. Umm, Div 2 and U18. Or something crazy like that I helped with the Mascot's story just to help capsaicin's effort. Apparently I might be getting some credits for that. I wasn't on the official team though, so maybe not.

Hopefully I get something. redcard picked The Crater for the U17s. So I spent a few minutes customizing my stadium. I like what I came up with. But I'm four stinking credits short. Durp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
I'd say its definitely the speed. By "both" of my CMs are you referring to Piposiar and Taganovich? When I saw your post, I immediately thought of Tim Hammons (universal).
Hammons is very nice, but I fell in love with Taganovich a while ago. He's such a solid productive player in a very important position. Always wanted someone like that. I'm not sure why I didn't train my CMs exactly the way he's trained. I'm fixing that asap.

Quote:
I suspect the low speed (15%) is actually a detriment and hindering the one guy rather than the excess speeding helping the other.
Stamper trained speed for a day or two and is now tied with Svorad at a 22 igr. I really effed up my midfield by not paying any attention to this

As for your other two posts. bad timing on the Rabbits sale. No way I'll have enough money for any of those guys. And what the hell was that press release about?

Closed Thread