HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The All-Purpose Goaltending Thread #9

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-16-2013, 10:52 PM
  #251
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,874
vCash: 500
Well, if Bobrovsky does indeed turn into a bona-fide starter, you know what that means, right? We've got excellent scouting

Ryker is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 01:30 AM
  #252
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,355
vCash: 500
While it is good for Bob that he is proving himself as a legit goalie in this league...it really is a sad indictment of the Flyers. What Bob is doing is exactly what we thought we would get with Bryz....

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 02:33 AM
  #253
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,991
vCash: 50
At least it shows that Philly finally drafted a good goalie

Reminds me of a few trades the canucks made

Lucbourdon is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 02:36 AM
  #254
ahthorne
Registered User
 
ahthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
At least it shows that Philly finally drafted a good goalie

Reminds me of a few trades the canucks made
He wasn't drafted, but yeah. Bob could easily fizzle out, too. Goalies in general are way to unpredictable and unreliable (big reason why I don't think huge money and term should be given to goalies). There are and have been a few exceptions though.

ahthorne is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 03:44 AM
  #255
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahthorne View Post
He wasn't drafted, but yeah. Bob could easily fizzle out, too. Goalies in general are way to unpredictable and unreliable (big reason why I don't think huge money and term should be given to goalies). There are and have been a few exceptions though.
He could fizzle out, but I doubt he does. Bob has all the tools to be a stud, still don't understand why management immediately gave up on him after his rookie year.

Mgkibbles is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 09:29 AM
  #256
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,073
vCash: 500
For those of you who have seen Bob play a few games, has he improved on making himself more vertical? That was the primary knock here; his stance was wide and he hunched down so much that he was vulnerable to the high-corner shots.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 09:36 AM
  #257
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
For those of you who have seen Bob play a few games, has he improved on making himself more vertical? That was the primary knock here; his stance was wide and he hunched down so much that he was vulnerable to the high-corner shots.
Definitely. And he doesn't go straight to the butterfly either. Looks much more positionally sound.

FLYERSFAN18 is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 09:51 AM
  #258
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
Definitely. And he doesn't go straight to the butterfly either. Looks much more positionally sound.
Fire Reese!

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 10:09 AM
  #259
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,347
vCash: 500
Also since we are talking about the jackets, they hav a point in their last 10 games. I remember someone saying how much they suck and we are better. Ya well maybe we can win more than 2 games in a row.

sa cyred is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 10:10 AM
  #260
ClarkeRuled
Registered User
 
ClarkeRuled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Erie, Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 53
vCash: 500
Bob's been nothing short of amazing lately. Coaching? Probably.

ClarkeRuled is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 10:14 AM
  #261
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,769
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Also since we are talking about the jackets, they hav a point in their last 10 games. I remember someone saying how much they suck and we are better. Ya well maybe we can win more than 2 games in a row.
Box score watchers. I have watched a decent amount of their games and they fight til the bitter end. They're in almost every game. If they had a legit finisher they'd be a force in the west right now.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 01:05 PM
  #262
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,039
vCash: 500
even thou it stings, its great to see Bobo having success doing something the clearly loves to do.

all the best to him.

Flyerfan4life is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 03:01 PM
  #263
Rolex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Bob's $1,750,000 cap hit is why he no longer is in Philly. Once Snider got the deal for Bryz, Bob's cap hit was too much for a back up goalie. He is a RFA this summer. Conceivably he could be brought back and Bryz bought out.

Rolex is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 03:21 PM
  #264
Codith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 722
vCash: 500
Snider told homer to get rid of the Russian goalie......he should have been more specific lol

Codith is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 03:22 PM
  #265
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
Bob's $1,750,000 cap hit is why he no longer is in Philly. Once Snider got the deal for Bryz, Bob's cap hit was too much for a back up goalie. He is a RFA this summer. Conceivably he could be brought back and Bryz bought out.
Yeah, I'm sure he's just itching to get back to Philly, and I'm sure Columbus will also just lowball him with an offer

Ryker is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 09:45 PM
  #266
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Bob at the 2 GAA threshold.
Also sporting a .932 save which is good for second in the league.


hckyplayer8 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:30 AM
  #267
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa
 
Sniped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 1,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Bob at the 2 GAA threshold.
Also sporting a .932 save which is good for second in the league.

That stings compared to Bryz's .899 Save % (38th in the NHL) and 2.78 GAA (30th in the NHL)


Sniped is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:33 AM
  #268
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,769
vCash: 50
I'm happy for Bob. That is great. However, STOP. I am getting sad.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 12:16 PM
  #269
Devastate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,422
vCash: 500
So i just read the Khudobin will be a UFA after this season.

What do people think about signing him?

Figure we can give him another year to develop with Bryz next year and then if/when we amnesty Bryz, we can hand him the reins.

I know he's unproven, but he could probably come a lot cheaper than Bishop, Lehner, or Bernier.

Devastate is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 12:26 PM
  #270
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I'm happy for Bob. That is great. However, STOP. I am getting sad.
I'm not. I'm thrilled for the kid.

Shame on the Philly management and any fan who gave up on the rookie who was responsible for helping us get off to such a great start in the 2011 season.

hckyplayer8 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 02:57 PM
  #271
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
He looked tonight how he looked at the start of the season.
he sure did. still disturbing how this team can give up odd man rushes in the 1st 2 minutes of every game .....

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 03:43 PM
  #272
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
well while everybody is on here suckin bob's bobaganoosh i still thing we have a workhorse of our own who starts every game and plays pretty good for being on a suck ass inconsistent team in disarray. the more i think about bryz the more i realize we aint doin any better any time soon. and bob changed his style cause of their goalie coach not because he figured this out on his own, which tells you where one of our weaknesses lies.

funghoul is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 04:42 PM
  #273
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
well while everybody is on here suckin bob's bobaganoosh i still thing we have a workhorse of our own who starts every game and plays pretty good for being on a suck ass inconsistent team in disarray. the more i think about bryz the more i realize we aint doin any better any time soon. and bob changed his style cause of their goalie coach not because he figured this out on his own, which tells you where one of our weaknesses lies.
The first bold item is laughable at best. The guy hasn't finished inside the top 20 in either GAA or save % his first year here and it doesn't look like its gonna happen this season.

The second bold you have zero proof of. The kid was phenomenal 3/4 of his rookie season and this organization bailed on him. I fault Lavi for the goalie circus in '11. Should have never benched Bob.

Then he gives Bob the WC start and just because we lost that he benches Bob again.

Bob gets traded and is given the starter position again and goes back into beast mode.

No surprise.

hckyplayer8 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 05:24 PM
  #274
SchennSational1022*
The Future
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Island New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
So i just read the Khudobin will be a UFA after this season.

What do people think about signing him?

Figure we can give him another year to develop with Bryz next year and then if/when we amnesty Bryz, we can hand him the reins.

I know he's unproven, but he could probably come a lot cheaper than Bishop, Lehner, or Bernier.
Khudobin will never be a starter in this league, or a good one at least

SchennSational1022* is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 05:49 PM
  #275
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Khudobin will never be a starter in this league, or a good one at least
I believe there's a good chance he'll be playing back in Russia next year.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.