HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Live and Let Die" - Predators @ Oilers 7:00 CST

Old
03-18-2013, 12:11 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

vCash: 500
Not sure what to say about that game. I'm all for tanking but sk made it obvious that's his plan too. I'm glad I've been emotionally checked out of this mini season before it started so the end result isn't gonna rub me the wrong way for this year. I want a top pick in the draft.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:12 AM
token grinder

not erat's back......

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:15 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Oh, and Legwand was just as bad as SK, if not worse. Passing to a guy 15 feet away at 100mph so it flies right past him. Lazily can't hold the puck at the blueline on a PP. Just a pathetic effort from our first ever draft pick.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:59 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225

Officially on the tank team now. I can't believe I stayed up until 2 AM watching this ****. SK74 may have had the worst play I've seen since Legwand caught the puck in the playoffs and threw it into our own crease.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 03:58 AM
oilinblood

just wanted to say couple things about SK. dont like him, never have... lazy play BUT there were 2 guys that could have covered petrell but dropped him.
Lazy play by SK... but the OIL were the ones who were fatigued and on the PK. There is a whole lot of lazy gliding goin on out there from the rest of the preds team that wasnt hung out to dry.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 06:35 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Sk's play, Erat's perfect pass to the Oiler in the high slot.

WTH, we usually play smarter than this.

We need to regroup. Rethink some things.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 07:11 AM
PFL615

Who wants to bet SK is in the lineup as normal Tue and one of the young guys gets scratched as the sacrificial lamb for SK? Not sure why he played another shift last night ir why i haven't seen where he is on waivers yet. So sick of that guy.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 07:15 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
I'm thinking Erat might still be injuried or so I'm hoping w/ his bad play lately and turnovers.

Here is the list of injuries this year and Erat is on it. So maybe he hasn't fully recovered from his back issues. Anyways, still doesn't help the team either way though but at least it might be a reason for his bad play.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=37106
His injury this year was actually for his foot. He somehow hurt it in practice on that first long road trip.

Preds33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 07:57 AM
deanwormer

I'm willing to cut Marty some slack on the physical side of things because he may be playing with lingering injury effects - and has done so before - and he's never been a slacker. But the mental side of the game - the passes that have just been WTF - these are not excusable.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
Trade SK now why wait for the deadline. That had to be the dumbest play I have ever seen by a player. Go to the bench when the other team has a 2 on 1. Just give them the goal why don't you. Then another turnover causes another goal.
He shoud be traded or waived TODAY. The team will be better for it.

Jacob582 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:13 AM
preds1

vCash: 50
Watched the game, couldn't bring myself to post on here tho.

Already have great seats for the home game Thursday.
Seriously considering two brown bags that night; one for my liquor and one for me.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:26 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by preds1 View Post
Watched the game, couldn't bring myself to post on here tho.

Already have great seats for the home game Thursday.
Seriously considering two brown bags that night; one for my liquor and one for me.
I have tickets as well but not sure if I want go through the trouble of going to the game after the way this team has performed as of late.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:35 AM
glenngineer

What SK did was not the best move but it's funny that he was back out there for his next shift. How can Trotz hold any of his players accountable when he can't even do it himself? SK should have sat for the rest of the game but didn't. I realize we were down a forward from dressing only 11 but still, you make a play like that, you sit. If it were any of the youngsters they'd be sitting for the rest of the game and probably watching from box the next few games as well. This is what's maddening. Make mental mistakes but depending on what they are, Trotz justifies who he sits or doesn't sit on only what he thinks, as opposed to being consistent with every single player on the team.

You see a move like that and that's a player who either honestly messed up, a player who wants a trade or a player checking out in the hopes that the coach is fired because guys aren't playing for him anymore.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:40 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
What SK did was not the best move but it's funny that he was back out there for his next shift. How can Trotz hold any of his players accountable when he can't even do it himself? SK should have sat for the rest of the game but didn't. I realize we were down a forward from dressing only 11 but still, you make a play like that, you sit. If it were any of the youngsters they'd be sitting for the rest of the game and probably watching from box the next few games as well. This is what's maddening. Make mental mistakes but depending on what they are, Trotz justifies who he sits or doesn't sit on only what he thinks, as opposed to being consistent with every single player on the team...
EXACTLY where I was coming from last night. You have a couple of days off. Who cares if the rest of the guys on the bench get a few extra minutes at that point? If you are Trotz, behind your brave public face, you gotta know this one is done. Show there are consequences!!

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
What SK did was not the best move but it's funny that he was back out there for his next shift. How can Trotz hold any of his players accountable when he can't even do it himself? SK should have sat for the rest of the game but didn't. I realize we were down a forward from dressing only 11 but still, you make a play like that, you sit. If it were any of the youngsters they'd be sitting for the rest of the game and probably watching from box the next few games as well. This is what's maddening. Make mental mistakes but depending on what they are, Trotz justifies who he sits or doesn't sit on only what he thinks, as opposed to being consistent with every single player on the team.

You see a move like that and that's a player who either honestly messed up, a player who wants a trade or a player checking out in the hopes that the coach is fired because guys aren't playing for him anymore.

Just watch Trotz blame Blum and Boychuk (yes I know Boychuk was scratched) on SK's move.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:29 AM
april

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Just watch Trotz blame Blum and Boychuk (yes I know Boychuk was scratched) on SK's move.
Hahahah wouldn't put it past him! Oh and I bet he's already planning on sending Mueller down because of SK's move too...gotta be his fault somehow too.

april is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:38 AM
token grinder

been trying to think through sk thought process here,

and the only thing I can think of is that he thought the player that beat him would chip it in the zone since they were gassed. That is the only thing that could have run through his head. not the BS he said postgame.

anyway, I would have waived him last night. During the game.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:21 PM
preds1

Sure, bonehead play by SK. He's a forward and used to changing once the puck drops back into our D zone. He's not accustomed to being a defender.
He just probably forgot we were on the PP, who knows.

Part of the blame should on Trotz too though. SK at point has never worked....it should be painfully obvious by now.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:24 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by preds1 View Post
Sure, bonehead play by SK. He's a forward and used to changing once the puck drops back into our D zone. He's not accustomed to being a defender.
He just probably forgot we were on the PP, who knows.

Part of the blame should on Trotz too though. SK at point has never worked....it should be painfully obvious by now.
That's a horrible excuse. You don't change on a transition like that regardless if your a defenseman or forward.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:33 PM
preds1

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
That's a horrible excuse. You don't change on a transition like that regardless if your a defenseman or forward.
Oh I agree, no doubt about it. Hence the bonehead remark.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:44 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
been trying to think through sk thought process here,

and the only thing I can think of is that he thought the player that beat him would chip it in the zone since they were gassed. That is the only thing that could have run through his head. not the BS he said postgame.

anyway, I would have waived him last night. During the game.
The problem is he generally lacks any thought process been like that from his days here in London on through to now.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 02:39 PM
token grinder

disappointed that he isn't on waivers yet. They could just kick him out the emergency exit on the plane and let him land in colorado and call it a day too.

Old
03-18-2013, 04:13 PM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
EXACTLY where I was coming from last night. You have a couple of days off. Who cares if the rest of the guys on the bench get a few extra minutes at that point? If you are Trotz, behind your brave public face, you gotta know this one is done. Show there are consequences!!
Why didn't the coach pull a "Norman Dale", remember when he went with 4 players on the court and said, "my team's on the floor".

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 07:28 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Saw on NBCSN's pregame that Kostitsyn is going to be a healthy scratch next game and Milbury said if he was making the decision it would be at least 5 games.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:54 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

If Milbury were making the decision there would be a shoe involved, and he'd end up trading SK and Rinne for a bag of pucks.