HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours Thread Part V: Gaborik "available"; LeBrun: NYR interested in D. Boyle

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
I actually kind of love this idea.

To San Jose:
Marian Gaborik

To Rangers:
Dan Boyle
SJ 2nd round pick

To Rangers:
Jason Chimera

To Washington:
SJ 2nd round pick

Rangers grab another top six forward as a rental. Boyle and Chimera's 2013-14 salaries approximate Gaborik's. Gaborik can block a trade to 10 teams, Boyle to 8. Doubt either could block this trade if they wanted to.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
If they don't at least throw in the mayo I'm gonna be pissed.
Would you do lite mayo?

Old
03-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris Creider View Post
We need offense not defense. I do not want Dan Boyle.
Yeah, a right-handed powerplay quarterback is totally redundant pause not.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:30 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

vCash: 500
We need a top four right handed D on the PP, help on the bottom six, and Brad Richards to wake the **** up.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:32 AM
NYR Viper

Boyle is not a player who the Rangers should key in on. This is one of their only shots to bring back considerable young assets.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:38 AM
RangersChamps2417

What do you guys think the Rangers could get from St. Louis for Gaborik and maybe Boyle?

Edit: Maybe Berglund, Polak, Andy McDonald and a pick for Gabby and Boyle? Idk something along those lines?

Old
03-18-2013, 11:39 AM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
So? I live in Pittsburgh and people rip players all the time for no reason in particular. Rangers fans do it as well. Carter is a competent defensive player. Is he Patrice Bergeron? No, but he's certainly not a liability. He's had several stints where he's getting regular time on the PK.

my point is, that unfortunately i'm surrounded by Flyer fans, and the consensus always was that Carter was only good when he was scoring, when he wasn't he really didn't contribute much, and was soft.

Gaborik, wasn't a defensive liability either. It seems you're implying that Carter was more a complete player than Gaborik?

Old
03-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersChamps2417 View Post
What do you guys think the Rangers could get from St. Louis for Gaborik and maybe Boyle?
I don't see St. Louis being interested in Gaborik.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:43 AM
IHeartZherdev

Quote:
If they were interested in Danny Briere, wouldn't Gaborik be an even better option?

Old
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
my point is, that unfortunately i'm surrounded by Flyer fans, and the consensus always was that Carter was only good when he was scoring, when he wasn't he really didn't contribute much, and was soft.

Gaborik, wasn't a defensive liability either. It seems you're implying that Carter was more a complete player than Gaborik?
I get what you're saying, but my point is that all fan bases say that about the majority of scoring forwards. However, yes, Carter is a more complete player than Gaborik. He's also a RH shot, plays two positions, and carries a low cap hit despite a lengthy term.

Old
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
If they do that, I want Clifford.
add him as well as Colin Fraser to the players i wouldnt mind from Kings that might get dealt.

Colin Fraser has 2 cups and can do what Boyle does for cheaper and has more of a complete game with the same amount of offense.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:44 AM
RangersChamps2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
If they were interested in Danny Briere, wouldn't Gaborik be an even better option?
Quote:
I think that they would be. They're a team that is missing that one great sniper. Gaborik could really be that for them. They have a lot of gritty forwards and defensemen so they actually matchup well with us IMO

Old
03-18-2013, 11:45 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I actually kind of love this idea.

To San Jose:
Marian Gaborik

To Rangers:
Dan Boyle
SJ 2nd round pick

To Rangers:
Jason Chimera

To Washington:
SJ 2nd round pick

Rangers grab another top six forward as a rental. Boyle and Chimera's 2013-14 salaries approximate Gaborik's. Gaborik can block a trade to 10 teams, Boyle to 8. Doubt either could block this trade if they wanted to.
Certainly one of the more feasible proposals around here.

Digresses from the pipe dream that the Rangers are going to turn a 31 year old declining Gaborik w/ 1 year - $7.5M left on his deal into multiple prime young assets.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:46 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
I get what you're saying, but my point is that all fan bases say that about the majority of scoring forwards. However, yes, Carter is a more complete player than Gaborik. He's also a RH shot, plays two positions, and carries a low cap hit despite a lengthy term.
I don't know I wouldn't say Carter has a more complete game than Gaborik. I've watched Carter a lot over the years, I've always liked him, but he is very, very similar to Gaborik in that he can disappear from the scoresheet and his two-way game isn't exactly fantastic. However, the one benefit is yes he plays two positions and he has a lower cap hit.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:46 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Certainly one of the more feasible proposals around here.

Digresses from the pipe dream that the Rangers are going to turn a 31 year old declining Gaborik w/ 1 year - $7.5M left on his deal into multiple prime young assets.
I actually think they could, but don't think they should or would want to.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:47 AM
NikC

Quote:
i know they do, but Flyer fans know their hockey and i've picked up a thing or two in 20 yrs myself.
I've watched Carter play quite a bit... I didn't just overhear someone say it in the bathroom one day and take it as fact.

He was largely regarded as persistently lazy, disinterested, and soft. He was called out constantly for dogging it and giving half-hearted efforts, not to mention his party going ways....

but as you mention he did have a favorable cap hit, usability...

Old
03-18-2013, 11:47 AM
IHeartZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Boyle is not a player who the Rangers should key in on. This is one of their only shots to bring back considerable young assets.
I don't think "considerable young assets" is realistic, nor does that really help the Rangers. They are flush with young talent and prospects, but have enough veteran talent to win now. Losing Gaborik and only adding future pieces hurts them this year and next, when you still have Callahan, Nash, Lunqvist in their primes.

I actually think the Jeff Carter trade is a good comparison. Yes, Gabby is a better player - but Carter was 27 and locked up long term with a friendly cap it, Gaborik is 31 with a year until UFA. And though he has been awesome for most of his time in NYR, the inconsistency/injury prone tag stigma is still on him.

If they could get back a solid roster player that fits a need with a decent size contract, along with a pick and a maybe a depth player, that seems more realistic

Old
03-18-2013, 11:48 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Briere has a low salary next season. The Blues have four players to re-sign. Petro. Shattenkirk. Berglund. Stewart. For the Blues to take Gaborik,need to match up salaries.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:49 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
Briere can play center. Gaborik cannot.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:49 AM
IHeartZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersChamps2417 View Post
I think that they would be. They're a team that is missing that one great sniper. Gaborik could really be that for them. They have a lot of gritty forwards and defensemen so they actually matchup well with us IMO
I agree - I was saying before, the St. Louis Blues, Phoenix Coyotes, and Nashville Predators are the best fits.

All playoff teams that have lots of depth but lack a true big time scorer.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
i know they do, but Flyer fans know their hockey and i've picked up a thing or two in 20 yrs myself.
I've watched Carter play quite a bit... I didn't just overhear someone say it in the bathroom one day and take it as fact.

He was largely regarded as persistently lazy, disinterested, and soft. He was called out constantly for dogging it and giving half-hearted efforts, not to mention his party going ways....

but as you mention he did have a favorable cap hit, usability...
But again, this is the kind of thing most fans say about scoring forwards. Very few of them are proficient in every facet of the game, and even fewer maintain a physical presence when they aren't scoring. I still maintain that Carter brings more to the table than Gaborik does. Versatility is very important, and it's sought-after by the powers that be.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:53 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
But again, this is the kind of thing most fans say about scoring forwards. Very few of them are proficient in every facet of the game, and even fewer maintain a physical presence when they aren't scoring. I still maintain that Carter brings more to the table than Gaborik does. Versatility is very important, and it's sought-after by the powers that be.
Gaborik at 27 > Carter at 27.

I think you are looking at Gaborik @ 31 vs Carter @ 27.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:03 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Boyle to Bawstan for ken Hodge and Espo and a Milbury autographed shoe

Nope, want nothing less than the return of Brad Park

Old
03-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Miz

We need to get back a top-6 center prospect for gabby, someone who can replace Richards when we buy him out in 2014. Miller seems more of an 2-3 line tweener with step being a 1-2 line centerman. If we can get someone and slot him in that 2nd line center spot behind stepan we should be gold.

But really...how many of them are out there that are available? The pick is a moot point. If we can get the RHD with an offensive C, i'd call it a win.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:12 PM
RangersChamps2417

We should trade Brian Boyle straight up for Tootoo

Closed Thread