HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread pt. II

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
A lot of people think that the soundbyte of Murray talking to Burke was a display of Burke's frank talking style but it was really Murray trolling Burke in thinking Ottawa wanted Kadri. Great stuff Murray!
What exactly was he "trolling" about if they both got the guy they wanted?

Old
03-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Wham City

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2010 View Post
http://autopod.ca/chum/22/podcasts/

From this Pierre McGuire interview you get to hear after a question at 14:20 what BDP has said all along that Ottawa did in fact want Cowen over Kadri.
I can remember prior to the draft that Pierre thought Ottawa was taking Kadri.

And I know it's Garrioch, but at least on Sens stuff he's pretty plugged in. But after the draft he said Ottawa wanted Kadri as well.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Cujomi
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2010 View Post
http://autopod.ca/chum/22/podcasts/

From this Pierre McGuire interview you get to hear after a question at 14:20 what BDP has said all along that Ottawa did in fact want Cowen over Kadri.
Maybe we listened to a different clip. At first he says that Murray said 'he got the guy he wanted' but then later he goes on to say that Brian always told him that he wanted Kadri.

Feels like he is saying both?

Old
03-13-2013, 11:17 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Maybe we listened to a different clip. At first he says that Murray said 'he got the guy he wanted' but then later he goes on to say that Brian always told him that he wanted Kadri.

Feels like he is saying both?
I think the problem is that we're talking about two Brian/Bryans here. That last comment about Kadri could have been referring either to Burke or Murray, it was kind of vague.

IMO.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Cujomi
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I think the problem is that we're talking about two Brian/Bryans here. That last comment about Kadri could have been referring either to Burke or Murray, it was kind of vague.

IMO.
It seemed to me to be following his thought of speaking with Murray. It at least sounded to me like he was talking about Murray telling him he always wanted Kadri. I don't see why he would have said Burke was saying that.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:10 PM
Ohhh Franco

Did Dave Gross get the boot or what? Lee Versage has been filling in for the better part of a week or more and is even part of "The Drive" intro.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Did Dave Gross get the boot or what? Lee Versage has been filling in for the better part of a week or more and is even part of "The Drive" intro.
All they said was personal stuff that hes dealing with.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:56 PM
FreakyBunny

All I know is the show is much better with Versage hosting it. Gross sounded so forced to me and very, very unfunny. I've said it before: "Gross Misconduct" was an embarrassment. Everyone who was on it tried to be hilarious, but they mostly came across as rude and arrogant.

I would never wish anyone out of a job. But I think Versage is better.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:57 PM
Alfieghetti
inflamed

Lets hope it's serious and he never comes back. To bad it wasn't Simpson.

Old
03-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

If there's one person I never want to have to listen to on Ottawa radio again it's Garrioch.

Old
03-18-2013, 06:19 PM
SenatorsHockey
Sweet hockey body

Quote:
If there's one person I never want to have to listen to on Ottawa radio again it's Garrioch.
He even manages to be unbearable on Twitter...

Old
03-18-2013, 06:19 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Add Brennan also.

Old
03-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
I love Garrioch!!

Old
03-18-2013, 06:35 PM
R2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post

IMO.
After listening to it a bunch of times.
He's completely answering from Brian Burke's point of view for some reason (remember Pierre worked with Burke before). He says that Brian Burke got the guy he wanted and that Burke always felt that Ottawa wanted Cowen. Couple this with that BDP says we wanted Cowen and that Pierre McGuire and Garrioch kept saying Ottawa wanted Kadri - I think the implication is that they put Kadri's name out there but the guy they wanted was Cowen. Maybe to mislead others I don't know

Old
03-18-2013, 08:56 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieghetti View Post
Lets hope it's serious and he never comes back. To bad it wasn't Simpson.
That's some real bull **** right there man. What's wrong with you?

Lee is doing a better job and it keeps Simpson a little less of a jokester.

Having Galley on really makes for good radio with Simpson.

Old
03-18-2013, 08:59 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

I like hearing Brennan and Garrioch. Wish they would come on more. I don't always agree with them especially in print, but the do come across as journalists with with points of view. I want more Mendez and Duthie. Marcotte is a pimp.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:31 PM
Ron Jeremy

I liked Brennan too.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:32 PM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Add Brennan also.
Versage did read an email on the air that i sent in last week accusing Brennan of being a sensationalist douchecanoe in his column. Gotta give him credit for that!

Old
03-18-2013, 10:24 PM
Inkling
Proud to be a Mammal

http://SaveTSN690.ca

I would normally not be inclined to help Bell grow their empire, but in this case I do appreciate having a choice of sports radio stations in the Ottawa area.

The competition board approved the merger between BellMedia and Astral, which would leave Bell with one more station than it is allowed by the CRTC. They're asking for an exemption. If they don't get it, they might be forced to sell TSN 690 and the purchaser might not keep it as a sports radio station.

I'm not sure I understand their fixation with Chris Nilan, but overall I enjoy listening to 690. It's nice to have Canadian sports content (usually hockey) as an alternative to Jim Rome in the afternoons, or in the evenings or at night when the Team 1200 piped-in McRadio show is talking about Division III US College men's volleyball or something I have no interest in.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkling View Post
http://SaveTSN690.ca

I would normally not be inclined to help Bell grow their empire, but in this case I do appreciate having a choice of sports radio stations in the Ottawa area.

The competition board approved the merger between BellMedia and Astral, which would leave Bell with one more station than it is allowed by the CRTC. They're asking for an exemption. If they don't get it, they might be forced to sell TSN 690 and the purchaser might not keep it as a sports radio station.

I'm not sure I understand their fixation with Chris Nilan, but overall I enjoy listening to 690. It's nice to have Canadian sports content (usually hockey) as an alternative to Jim Rome in the afternoons, or in the evenings or at night when the Team 1200 piped-in McRadio show is talking about Division III US College men's volleyball or something I have no interest in.
This has been my opinion ever since.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:49 AM
otown

Can't stand Jim Rome's program with the scripted phone calls from the "clones", and the diatribes from the host. I have also been listening to 690 more and more.

Give Nilan some timeas a new 690 host. As long as he has someone to push all of the right buttons in the studio he will be entertaining and provide some great insight into the life and times of an NHL'er. I don't think he will hold back.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:56 AM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
I like hearing Brennan and Garrioch. Wish they would come on more. I don't always agree with them especially in print, but the do come across as journalists with with points of view. I want more Mendez and Duthie. Marcotte is a pimp.
They're so terrible Brennan and Garrioch..... So bad and stupid.... They're reporters and can barely spell or read.

so bad just ugggghh I can't believe you like them.....

Old
03-19-2013, 09:29 AM
FreakyBunny

It's a shame, really, that we don't have a better show to listen to on the way home. I still wish Lloyd and York were still on in that time slot. Now I reflexively switch to the Team after three only to think, "Oh, right. It's these guys now. Never mind".

I would like to see what their ratings have looked like after the change. I don't know of a single person who likes Gross and Simmer, and I knew more than a few who didn't mind Lloyd and York. At the of the day, though, I would like to have Galley back...but that's too much to ask for.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:39 AM
operasen

When do we get the TSN switchover. I certainly hope there is a full fledged turnover in the on-air/off-air personalities. TSN 690 is SO much more informative about the Habs than we are about the Sens.

I can not stand the litany of timewasters the morning show issists are funny.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:07 AM
Melnyks Mirage
We are what we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by operasen View Post
When do we get the TSN switchover. I certainly hope there is a full fledged turnover in the on-air/off-air personalities. TSN 690 is SO much more informative about the Habs than we are about the Sens.

I can not stand the litany of timewasters the morning show issists are funny.
Don't think it's ever going to happen, unfortunately. It looks like Team1200 is basically "TSN Ottawa" but with its current branding and crew. Team1200 is...ok about the Senators. Jason York basically, erm..., flatters them (to put it politely any chance he gets. Lloyd adds a little balance. Wilson and Brown are basically Senators employees so avoid listening to them.

Afternoon show is much better, but I still have to turn off volume/switch stations whenever Shawn Simpson speaks. I cringed during the pre-game the other day when he talked about "toe jam" and switched to the other team's feed, where they were actually profressional. Hearing him this morning got me to switch to TSN Montreal.

Yeah, I know Bell is all about cheap slave labour and such but get some competent, non-awkward radio hosts maybe? Please? Pretty please?

P.S. Signed the Intervention Letter and asked them to re-brand the Ottawa station or at least axe some of the hosts.

Last edited by Melnyks Mirage: 03-19-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Closed Thread