HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Marian Gaborik

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-17-2013, 09:33 AM
  #1
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
Marian Gaborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Bravo! Here here!! The truth shall set some of these excuse making fans/posters free!!
Gaborik is a lazy bum!
Nobody makes me hate agreeing with them more than you lol. This post is so melodramatic though that I have to think you were just going for comedy in which case haha good job. Fact: All Europeans are lazy in hockey ALL~!!!!!!!!

Mod Edit: I've taken yesterdays posts in the first thread and copied them here.


Last edited by Bob Richards: 03-18-2013 at 04:59 AM.
shinchanyo is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 10:04 AM
  #2
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Completely asinine that an "elite" winger looks absolutely lost and useless just because he's on his off-wing. You think Hossa, Kovalchuk, Perry, or Nash would look as bad as Gaborik has if they were on their off-wing? Not a chance.

And sorry, but being on your off-wing does not explain terrible forechecking and not getting involved at all. That's just a lack of effort and is inexcusable.
Gaborik's 4th year here and still people don't understand his skill set, but hey you're not alone neither does Torts

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 10:26 AM
  #3
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Gaborik's 4th year here and still people don't understand his skill set, but hey you're not alone neither does Torts
Enlighten me to what his current skill set is. If you say a laser wrist shot and speed to burn you're stuck in 2009.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 10:29 AM
  #4
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,884
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Enlighten me to what his current skill set is. If you say a laser wrist shot and speed to burn you're stuck in 2009.
He showed good wheels against Boston in overtime. I think he's a half step slower but he isn't playing poacher like he used to, and that has hurt him more than anything.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 10:54 AM
  #5
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
Nobody makes me hate agreeing with them more than you lol. This post is so melodramatic though that I have to think you were just going for comedy in which case haha good job. Fact: All Europeans are lazy in hockey ALL~!!!!!!!!
I do have that tendency to "stir the pot", don't I? Comes from my 50+ years of frustration at the ineptitude of the management no matter who has been in charge. Now to Mr. Gaborik; all we heard about was his dynamic speed and elite finishing abilities and for the most part, he has delivered the goods in his initial three years here.

The problem I have with him (some of which is not that uncommon with eastern european players) is the following:

-he's lost more than a step of his vaunted speed
-he doesn't bust it all the time
-he looks almost disengaged and disinterested at times on the ice.
-he plays too much on the perimeter
-his compete level leaves a lot to be desired
-his shot doesn't look as lethal as it's been in the past.

I really believe that we (and he) would be better served trading him sooner rather than later because it looks like the time has come for both parties to move on!

Just my opinion though; kind of feel the same way about Mr. Richards with his lousy drop passes to nobody!

Drewbackatu* is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 02:40 PM
  #6
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
I do have that tendency to "stir the pot", don't I? Comes from my 50+ years of frustration at the ineptitude of the management no matter who has been in charge. Now to Mr. Gaborik; all we heard about was his dynamic speed and elite finishing abilities and for the most part, he has delivered the goods in his initial three years here.

The problem I have with him (some of which is not that uncommon with eastern european players) is the following:

-he's lost more than a step of his vaunted speed
-he doesn't bust it all the time
-he looks almost disengaged and disinterested at times on the ice.
-he plays too much on the perimeter
-his compete level leaves a lot to be desired
-his shot doesn't look as lethal as it's been in the past.

I really believe that we (and he) would be better served trading him sooner rather than later because it looks like the time has come for both parties to move on!

Just my opinion though; kind of feel the same way about Mr. Richards with his lousy drop passes to nobody!
People wanted him traded in the second half of his first year here when he got hurt and kind of plateau'd. People wanted him gone at points his 2nd year here. and I'm sure even last year. I didn't think he had lost anything until this year. I;'ve onlyu been a hardcore sports guy for about 16 years but I kinda already realized from playign sports myself and trying to scout and decide who teams should scout/sign/how to coach. It's freakin hard to be THE team. You kinda have to get lucky and find yourself with a team that comes together at the right time. You do your best to set that up I think the Rangers have done that the last 4 years or so which makes me...content if not happy. PArt of keeping the team competing is knowing when to cut bait. I think it's time with Mr. gabs

shinchanyo is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 07:32 PM
  #7
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
He showed good wheels against Boston in overtime. I think he's a half step slower but he isn't playing poacher like he used to, and that has hurt him more than anything.
If you are trying to find good things to say about Gaborik, it might be helpful to pick a game more recent than 8 weeks ago.

abev is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 07:35 PM
  #8
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,955
vCash: 500
He's having a **** season. But its stupid to trade him based off of 25 games! We don't HAVE to trade him to field a better team next year. I'd rather give the top 3 more than 25 games or even 48 to see what they can do

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 07:57 PM
  #9
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,884
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
If you are trying to find good things to say about Gaborik, it might be helpful to pick a game more recent than 8 weeks ago.
See, I don't have an agenda. I don't try to make things or players look better or worse than they are. I call them as I see them.

My greater point with my previous post was that, if we're arguing Gaborik has lost all his speed, then we're arguing that he lost it all int he last 8 weeks.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 09:58 PM
  #10
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
McDonagh can absolutely end up in that group, and Staal's sudden offensive game this season makes it possible for him as well.

And as far as DZ is concerned, i'm absolutely fine with the team picking him where they did. Carlson isn't significantly better than him and in regards to Eberle you can't be a psychic and realize how great he's gonna be.
That's debatable.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 10:13 PM
  #11
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
If leading the team with 7 goals (38 goal pace in 82 game season) and 3 game winners (tied for 2nd in the league) is an off year, ill take it.

And I thought he played pretty well last game.

He relies on being "forgotten" about to be effective. Thats his game. Should we sticky this?

If everyone just understands that basic fact about him, 90% of the flak goes away.
Yes a large part of his game is sneaking through defenders and finding scoring areas. However the best players can do more than that so the question becomes is he a top player. Hes def not on the level of guys that put up points and arent afraid to engage and create space. He does well in blowouts because the game is wide open but when it gets tough he does very little, he avoids contact etc. Understanding what he does and doesent do, does not make it right. I think with a guy like Gaborik he needs a center who skilled but also can hold off defenders. Richards is more of a problem to me because he is very weak in the corner and with body contact and isnt as talented at scoring. He simply has good passing and skating but that doesent cut it.

satrabyk is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 11:54 PM
  #12
mrhockey193195
Registered User
 
mrhockey193195's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
No doubt the talent is there but I feel that McDonagh looked a lot better last season than he does this season. I don't want to say he's taken a step back but he's definitely not playing to his full potential this season.
Agreed. McDonagh last season was the best Ranger defensemen I've seen in my lifetime not named Brian Leetch (I was too young to see Park, or even Greschner). That may not be saying much, but take it for what it's worth.

mrhockey193195 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 04:40 AM
  #13
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,204
vCash: 400
Hopefully he goes out and pots 1 tonight. I still have faith in him. It's Richards who's stinking up the ice.

5 4 Fighting is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 06:30 AM
  #14
zuckera1
Registered User
 
zuckera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Hopefully he goes out and pots 1 tonight. I still have faith in him. It's Richards who's stinking up the ice.
Richards plays with much more heart than Gaborik does, and he was money for us last year in the big games and playoffs. I believe in Brad much more than Marian, he's a proven winner and leader. Marian is a streaky goal-scorer that can't find a way to score this year

zuckera1 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 06:46 AM
  #15
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,645
vCash: 50
Richards has been much worse than Gaborik this year.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:23 AM
  #16
SlapshotTheMovie
Registered User
 
SlapshotTheMovie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Richards has been much worse than Gaborik this year.
i agree. If we dont move richards before this years trade deadline his value drops considerably. He will only have 1 season left on his contract and will have even more time to show he doesnt have it anymore.

SlapshotTheMovie is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:38 AM
  #17
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,978
vCash: 500
What kills me is that Gabs in on the left. If he skated the entire game he'd be good still too

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 09:40 AM
  #18
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,142
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
If he wasn't getting chances I would be worried. He is getting his looks but they are not going in right now. Puck coming off his stick on a penalty shot, missing the net, ect. You all act like you never seen a goal scorer in a slump before. If he had no effort/no speed he wouldn't be getting the chances, kinda like Boyle.

Put him back on RW with Nash + Step as that combo worked well in the past.

Radek27 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 09:53 AM
  #19
MetalGodAOD
Moderator
Star Rangers
 
MetalGodAOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 11,663
vCash: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
What kills me is that Gabs in on the left. If he skated the entire game he'd be good still too
Looks like the experiment may be over:

Quote:
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord

#NYR morning skate lines: Nash-Richards-Gaborik Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan Miller-Boyle-Pyatt Haley-Halpern-Powe
Nash getting a shot at LW now.

MetalGodAOD is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:04 AM
  #20
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapshotTheMovie View Post
i agree. If we dont move richards before this years trade deadline his value drops considerably. He will only have 1 season left on his contract and will have even more time to show he doesnt have it anymore.
If only that were true regarding Richards. Obviously you're referring to Gaborik.

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 02:18 PM
  #21
SlapshotTheMovie
Registered User
 
SlapshotTheMovie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
If only that were true regarding Richards. Obviously you're referring to Gaborik.
You can say in full honesty Richards is playing better then Gabby right now? Both are in the same contract boat with similar pay scales. Definitely rather get rid of Richards this season before he loses all value.

SlapshotTheMovie is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 02:22 PM
  #22
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,645
vCash: 50
Despite a common criticism against him, I have noticed Gabby having good games in which he did not score or register points a la vs. Ottawa.

Richards, on the other hand, has looked disastrous in games he has scored in.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 02:34 PM
  #23
Stepanformayor*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Why the hell is Torts rewarding Gabby and Richards for!! They both have been awful all year so reward them by putting those guys with Nash?? I guess f... Stepan and Cally they have only been 2 of our 3 best forwards all year!! Torts is a fu..... Moron!!

Stepanformayor* is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 02:36 PM
  #24
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!
 
MrAlmost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: R.I.P.
Country: United States
Posts: 391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Despite a common criticism against him, I have noticed Gabby having good games in which he did not score or register points a la vs. Ottawa.

Richards, on the other hand, has looked disastrous in games he has scored in.
BAM! Thats the truth. Gaborik had a good game against the Pens too.

I feel bad for both of them though. I'm sure they want to play good and contrary to popular opinion I don't think this team has quit on Torts. I think they like him, but maybe its the system, maybe the slumping players, most likely a combo of both at the same time.

MrAlmost is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 03:02 PM
  #25
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapshotTheMovie View Post
You can say in full honesty Richards is playing better then Gabby right now? Both are in the same contract boat with similar pay scales. Definitely rather get rid of Richards this season before he loses all value.
Did not state that whatsoever. You said we should trade Richards because he will have only one season left on his contract....that is the case for Gaborik, not Richards.

There is no way on earth anyone trades for the Richards contract, which has SEVEN years remaining after this year, not one. Richards is a candidate for a buyout, but certainly not a trade.

Jersey Girl is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.