HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors and Proposals Vol. 7: "GMs who should be posters"

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Koto

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixs35 View Post
I could see Burmistrov for Hemsky but Bogo isn't going anywhere.
i doubt it...

not that i would want to make that trade either.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:11 PM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
I wonder if any team would take a flyer on Tyler Meyers. His contract is pretty hefty but for a guy that was touted as the next Chara this could be an excellent buy low opportunity.
we would be stupid not to inquire and make a move if the return wasnt too bad, all the things that people are saying about myers now, was all said about Bogosian 2 years ago (minus the price tag).

Old
03-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
we would be stupid not to inquire and make a move if the return wasnt too bad, all the things that people are saying about myers now, was all said about Bogosian 2 years ago (minus the price tag).

gigantic risk factor

Old
03-18-2013, 02:13 PM
gooilgo
Fire MacLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixs35 View Post
I could see Burmistrov for Hemsky but Bogo isn't going anywhere.
Agreed Bogosian is their untouchable but why would we move Hemsky for Burmistrov?
- another smurf with only 7 pts on the year.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:15 PM
McDNicks17
McDavid Cometh

vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
Agreed Bogosian is their untouchable but why would we move Hemsky for Burmistrov?
Top-notch two-way center with untapped offensive potential.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:16 PM
jmoss45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
Tell me EXACTLY how is this an affordable D core? "Only 3 mill/year more than whitney"?
Campbell (7.1)- Fistric (2- Estimate)
Schultz (3.5)- Schultz (3.75)
Smid (4 est)- Petry (1.75)

That is 22 million for next season, for a D with 6 guys who can actually play. Decent mix of skill and puck movers. How can you argue we can't afford that?

LA for example has 15 million committed to 3 D to start next year. (Doughty 7, Mitchell 3.5, Green 3). Muzzin, Voyonov and Scuderi all need new deals.

Van have 23 million committed to 5 guys (Edler 5, Hamius 4.5, Ballard 4.2, Bieksa 4.6, Garrison 4.6)

Its not even close to as difficult as you make it seem. Also, the fact that his contract is so high may mean they move him for pretty cheap, which would make it all the more enticing.

Then, if you're in a cap crunch at the end of next year, you can deal N Schultz and give Klefbom the spot. That saves 2 mil, and Klefbom will have a year of NA experience by then.

Last edited by jmoss45: 03-18-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old
03-18-2013, 02:23 PM
dixs35

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'm not saying he would be a perfect fit but there is a lot to like. I'm just saying that he is a piece they would move and Bogo isn't.
-edit Dnicks17 beat me to it.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:33 PM
gooilgo
Fire MacLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Top-notch two-way center with untapped offensive potential.
Think there are bigger holes to fill on this team. Hemsky is a movable asset which I would rather use to fill a need elsewhere. Not a good move imo. We are already undersized down the middle.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:37 PM
jsho

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
Campbell (7.1)- Fistric (2- Estimate)
Schultz (3.5)- Schultz (3.75)
Smid (4 est)- Petry (1.75)

That is 22 million for next season, for a D with 6 guys who can actually play. Decent mix of skill and puck movers. How can you argue we can't afford that?

LA for example has 15 million committed to 3 D to start next year. (Doughty 7, Mitchell 3.5, Green 3). Muzzin, Voyonov and Scuderi all need new deals.

Van have 23 million committed to 5 guys (Edler 5, Hamius 4.5, Ballard 4.2, Bieksa 4.6, Garrison 4.6)

Its not even close to as difficult as you make it seem. Also, the fact that his contract is so high may mean they move him for pretty cheap, which would make it all the more enticing.

Then, if you're in a cap crunch at the end of next year, you can deal N Schultz and give Klefbom the spot. That saves 2 mil, and Klefbom will have a year of NA experience by then.
LA and Vancouver also only have 3 forwards making 5 mill and over. Next year we will have 4, and I'm sure Gagner wont be to far off.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:43 PM
gooilgo
Fire MacLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsho View Post
LA and Vancouver also only have 3 forwards making 5 mill and over. Next year we will have 4, and I'm sure Gagner wont be to far off.
I would bet Hemsky will be moved before next year and a fair chance Horcoff will be amnestied.

Edit: Campbell will not be an option though.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:55 PM
jsho

Quote:
I would bet Hemsky will be moved before next year and a fair chance Horcoff will be amnestied.

Edit: Campbell will not be an option though.
True, but sure remove Hemsky next year, and in the summer add in larger cap hits for RNH, J Schultz, Petry, and Dubnyk.

Campbell just makes zero sense for where this team is going.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:56 PM
OILSLICK94

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Why does Winnipeg trade their best defensemen who's only 22 years old for a year of Hemsky and a 2nd round pick?
Don't know if he is there best D man,
Enstrom and Byfuglien are probably higher then him on the depth chart.

Why would they move him? cause they have depth on the back end.

If I new Bogo would be the 10goal and 40 point yearly Dman then YES I would move Yakupov for him, but he really hasn't done much since his draft year....obviously injuries have played a reasoning there.

Old
03-18-2013, 03:00 PM
SchultzSquared*

Quote:
Think there are bigger holes to fill on this team. Hemsky is a movable asset which I would rather use to fill a need elsewhere. Not a good move imo. We are already undersized down the middle.
Not sure why you think Burmistrov is a smurf or undersized... he could add weight sure but he is 6'1 and plays a robust game... bet you didn't know he has 58 hits on the year- third on the Jets... would be third on this club as well...

When you add in his defensive game and growing faceoff prowess (41%, 44%, 47%) with his age skating and fearlessness you have a player who be a great third line center for a long time... would also come cheap on his second contract considering his offensive resume

Think of him and his vision and agility next to Paajarvi... that is two thirds a very good VERY fast third line... find them a bruising winger and you are set

I proposed Hemsky, 2nd, Marincin for Burmistrov on the trade board... I think he is worth that and more if he can grow into his offensive game...

Hall-RNH-Eberle
?-Gagner-Yakupov
Paajarvi-Burmistrov-Jones
Hartikainen-Petrell-Brown
Belanger, Lander

Compliance buyout Horc and Smyth and we are set for the next few years at forward...

Old
03-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Koto

Quote:
I would bet Hemsky will be moved before next year and a fair chance Horcoff will be amnestied.Edit: Campbell will not be an option though.
Has this not died yet?

Have you seen the difference in our team when we dont have him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILSLICK94 View Post
Don't know if he is there best D man,
Enstrom and Byfuglien are probably higher then him on the depth chart.

Why would they move him? cause they have depth on the back end.

If I new Bogo would be the 10goal and 40 point yearly Dman then YES I would move Yakupov for him, but he really hasn't done much since his draft year....obviously injuries have played a reasoning there.
I'm fairly certain 80% of WPG fans consider Bogo their best Dman.

Old
03-18-2013, 03:04 PM
Malkinstheman

Hey guys i was wondering if ganger plays wing for you guys? If so would a package like doumoulin, + nick d'agostino+ 3rd round pick be a good package for him?

Old
03-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Koto

you cant have him for players ive never heard of

although that d'agwhatever sounds vaguely familiar

Old
03-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Malkinstheman

fine then how about niskanen and ganger swap

Old
03-18-2013, 03:08 PM
tempest2i
You and Whose Army?

You could offer up Hemsky for Trouba.

The Jets may not like having to let their top D prospect go, but the Jets would get instant scoring help and the Oil would get a top prospect and shed some salary.

Old
03-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Koto

yeah we dont have a center to replace gagner with....so its really tough to trade him.

Old
03-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post

The Jets may not like having to let their top D prospect go, but the Jets would get instant scoring help and the Oil would get a top prospect and shed some salary.
this isnt even close.

man does everyone here completely not comprehend what other teams players are worth.

Old
03-18-2013, 03:13 PM
McDNicks17
McDavid Cometh

vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post

Their best prospect and arguably the best defenseman in the 2012 draft for one season and 15 or so games of Hemsky?

Yikes.

Old
03-18-2013, 03:13 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

I don't want to trade Yakupov.

Screw you guys.

Old
03-18-2013, 03:14 PM
BDG

Brent Burns for Ales Hemsky? Not sure on the details of the Bruns contract, and maybe this is less likely now since San Jose will be in the same conference as us next year...

SJ gets the injection of offense they need badly, and Oilers get a rock solid d-man with more epic facial hair

Last edited by BDG: 03-18-2013 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Brent not Brett....doh
Old
03-18-2013, 03:16 PM
McClutchen
#Jultzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
this isnt even close.

man does everyone here completely not comprehend what other teams players are worth.
Every poster over values their teams assets, while low ballin' the other team, everyone is an untouchable, every trade is well how do we replace him, what happened to trade deadline deals, being a rental/ 2yr rental descent contract, for picks and prospects, the big name trades usually happen earlier in the season (or the offseason), If I guy like Hemsky does get traded, we will be getting picks and prospects back, it is very rare we will get a 2nd pairing Dman or a 3C.

It scares me knowing that no one seems to understand how trades work at this point of a season.

Old
03-18-2013, 03:23 PM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDG View Post
Brett Burns for Ales Hemsky? Not sure on the details of the Bruns contract, and maybe this is less likely now since San Jose will be in the same conference as us next year...

SJ gets the injection of offense they need badly, and Oilers get a rock solid d-man with more epic facial hair
not happening.

they gave up seto, coyle, 1st for burns and promptly signed him to a 5 year extention.

Closed Thread