HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Halifax Mooseheads 2012-13 Season Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-16-2013, 02:38 PM
  #226
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994
 
Kurdt Kobain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,482
vCash: 120
Hey folks, if you want to tune into Sportsnet for some College hockey (SMU vs Waterloo).. former Moosehead Ryan Hillier is playing for Saint Mary's.. He's #17.
Also, Brad Marchand's brother is playing for Saint Mary's as well.. he's #21.

Kurdt Kobain is online now  
Old
03-17-2013, 03:10 PM
  #227
Killahpunk
Legend
 
Killahpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,913
vCash: 1004
Good end to a spectacular season. Too bad Drouin didn't win the scoring title. With 58 wins we tied the league record for wins in a season. 120 pts is a hell of an accomplishment but it won't mean anything if we don't win it all.

Killahpunk is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 03:42 PM
  #228
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
So now with all these pointless games out of the way, we can get back to watching some exciting hockey! These last 4 home games have been excruciatingly boring.

Bonus for me is that the people around me are finally getting sick of those 2 old men that spend all game ripping on Frk. It's section 7's very own Statler and Waldorf! It's like they come specifically to the game to pick apart Frk for no apparent reason and it's awfully annoying. So every time they start ragging on him, we will cheer louder for Marty. The best today was the little old lady in section 6, "oh would you shut up!"

Libbs is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:48 AM
  #229
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
 
Patmac40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
So now with all these pointless games out of the way, we can get back to watching some exciting hockey! These last 4 home games have been excruciatingly boring.

Bonus for me is that the people around me are finally getting sick of those 2 old men that spend all game ripping on Frk. It's section 7's very own Statler and Waldorf! It's like they come specifically to the game to pick apart Frk for no apparent reason and it's awfully annoying. So every time they start ragging on him, we will cheer louder for Marty. The best today was the little old lady in section 6, "oh would you shut up!"
That's funny.

I have the same thing in front of me in Section 6. Blames Fucale for everything. My dad almost punched him on multiple occasions.

Patmac40 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:03 AM
  #230
NS Bluenoser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
So now with all these pointless games out of the way, we can get back to watching some exciting hockey! These last 4 home games have been excruciatingly boring.

Bonus for me is that the people around me are finally getting sick of those 2 old men that spend all game ripping on Frk. It's section 7's very own Statler and Waldorf! It's like they come specifically to the game to pick apart Frk for no apparent reason and it's awfully annoying. So every time they start ragging on him, we will cheer louder for Marty. The best today was the little old lady in section 6, "oh would you shut up!"
Those people are so annoying (not the people you are talking about, but their type). Frk has been excellent for most of the year, he has had lots of nice goals and assists, and has stayed pretty disciplined. Why should he be yelled at all game? Its sad when people make up their mind that they don`t like someone and it dominates their game experience (and others around them).

I`ve had people around me in the past who literally sit with their arms folded, emotionless, unless its to scream at a certain player. What a miserable way to take in a game.

NS Bluenoser is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 02:59 PM
  #231
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
I'm a flagmatic by nature so I don't do a bunch of hooting and hollering (I fist pump and cheer after a goal or clap after a nice play)... but those 2 guys above me do nothing BUT rag on Frk, even after he makes a nice play. Why they would pay their money just do this is beyond me. Most of the time it doesn't even make any sense as they will blam Marty for everything, including things he had no control of.

We all make comments from time to time when a player does something bad, but the comment is justified. I hate illogical people...

They sure do love Chiampini though... that kid can do no wrong and if he makes a mistake they will come back with "oh at least he's trying".

Libbs is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 03:01 PM
  #232
Dgill
Registered User
 
Dgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 1,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NS Bluenoser View Post
Those people are so annoying (not the people you are talking about, but their type). Frk has been excellent for most of the year, he has had lots of nice goals and assists, and has stayed pretty disciplined. Why should he be yelled at all game? Its sad when people make up their mind that they don`t like someone and it dominates their game experience (and others around them).

I`ve had people around me in the past who literally sit with their arms folded, emotionless, unless its to scream at a certain player. What a miserable way to take in a game.
At the start of the year I'd complain but Frk has played an extremely disciplined game for most of the season. Ducharme really cracked down on him. Not to mention he has developed great chemistry with MacK and Drouin.

Dgill is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 03:06 PM
  #233
bigdirty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 885
vCash: 500
Must be a lot of guys like that at Mooseheads games.
I remember being at a game probably about 10 years ago, and I was right behind two old men doing nothing but yell at players, even if they'd score the guys would say something like "He should have five goals tonight".
Kept calling all the players by their first names as well, as if they actually knew them.

bigdirty is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 03:24 PM
  #234
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdirty View Post
Must be a lot of guys like that at Mooseheads games.
I remember being at a game probably about 10 years ago, and I was right behind two old men doing nothing but yell at players, even if they'd score the guys would say something like "He should have five goals tonight".
Kept calling all the players by their first names as well, as if they actually knew them.
Must be the same guys!

It's always the first name with them. Marty this, Marty that. They like to pick on Konrad as well... "Hey Konrad, do you know the way to San Jose!"

Libbs is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 04:22 PM
  #235
Dgill
Registered User
 
Dgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 1,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Must be the same guys!

It's always the first name with them. Marty this, Marty that. They like to pick on Konrad as well... "Hey Konrad, do you know the way to San Jose!"
In fairness Konrad's play has slipped compared to what it was in the first half of the season.

It boggles me that they love Ciampini.

Dgill is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:28 PM
  #236
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
I'm a flagmatic by nature so I don't do a bunch of hooting and hollering (I fist pump and cheer after a goal or clap after a nice play)... but those 2 guys above me do nothing BUT rag on Frk, even after he makes a nice play. Why they would pay their money just do this is beyond me. Most of the time it doesn't even make any sense as they will blam Marty for everything, including things he had no control of.

We all make comments from time to time when a player does something bad, but the comment is justified. I hate illogical people...

They sure do love Chiampini though... that kid can do no wrong and if he makes a mistake they will come back with "oh at least he's trying".
That's odd you would think ... If any player on the Mooseheads would receive criticism I would probably be Ciampini, until this year ... #2 overall pick, skating issues, consistency issues .... I could see where they were at least coming from ... Frk took a few bad penalties in the beginning of the season but I really can't see anything else that would provoke that ... I know he came to NA with a "mean-streak" and having a reputation for being a hot head, but either I don't see it or Ducharme's done a great job controlling it.

No noticeable outbreaks in his rookie year, a few in last years playoffs ... Aren't all hockey players emotional though? I think it is/was a smaller issue then it's played out to be IMO.

Speaking of Ciampini and Frk ... Luca scored 25 goals and had 71 points ... His skating improved and he showed his great hockey IQ this year ... He had great chemistry with his linemates and always made some great decisions with the puck ... 45 assists hard to argue.

84 points for Marty and finished 13th in the league in scoring in a shortened year for him ... This is what we brought him over here for, and his likely final year it's starting to pay off ... I hope he adds something extra to the Nate-Jo line as we all know what they did last playoffs.

/praise lol

What row in Section 7 by the way ... Maybe I will purchase a Czech Frk jersey, wear bells and yell every time he gets the puck ... Although if all these guys do is complain someone will beat me to it lol.

RJQuack is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 04:30 AM
  #237
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJQuack View Post

What row in Section 7 by the way ... Maybe I will purchase a Czech Frk jersey, wear bells and yell every time he gets the puck ... Although if all these guys do is complain someone will beat me to it lol.
They are in Row O, seat 14 and 15.

I'll probably end up telling them off at some point these playoffs.... though the little old lady in section 6 is doing a fine job calling them out.

Libbs is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 02:09 PM
  #238
Thorntonfan97
Josť Bautista-31 HR
 
Thorntonfan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,518
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Thorntonfan97 Send a message via Yahoo to Thorntonfan97
Anyone know why the ambulance was outside the Metro Centre after the game?

Thorntonfan97 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 12:29 PM
  #239
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
FINALLY! Playoff hockey!

Libbs is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 12:42 PM
  #240
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Since the season obviously is over, I'd say we should continue in the series thread.

Fel 96 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.