HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

News around the NHL

Old
03-14-2013, 01:14 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Will affect us in our next game after tonight...

Quote:
Not good news as Dineen announced that #FlaPanthers forward Kris Versteeg will have season ending knee surgery. #SpeedyRecoverySteeger
https://twitter.com/FlaPanthers/stat...60624774205440

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:41 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

vCash: 500
I am watching Toronto vs Peg and it is nuts. Bad reffing and two fights. Nuts...

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:49 AM
Tavaresfan91

Rangers and canes tonight...8th seed and 10th seed who would we like to see get this one? Me personally I'd just like to see it end in regulation

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:27 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
Rangers and canes tonight...8th seed and 10th seed who would we like to see get this one? Me personally I'd just like to see it end in regulation
Awful choice: cheer on the hated Rangers, hoping the isles can catch the Canes? Or cheer on the Canes, knowing the gap between the isles and the Canes grows?

Like you, I guess I will just hope for a regulation win.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:34 PM
CREW99AW

Burmistrov clashing with Winnipeg's headcoach.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...198729831.html
Burmistrov is going to be a pro for a long time but he has lessons to learn. Key among them right now is learning the coach is the boss and playing within the structure he sets down is the way to stay in the lineup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope the Rangers are unable to find a taker for Gaborik's $7.5m salary, with the cap lowering. I'd rather see him bought out, with Sather not getting anything in return.

Brooks crying over the Rangers is so sweet It's been a long time since we've had
a shaming the sweater article.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...ontent=Rangers

Tortorellaís postgame diatribe in Buffalo during which he smeared his teamís most important players was conduct unbecoming. Beyond that, it failed to produce the desired effect. This group had deaf ears.

And now, the Blueshirts are seeking to move Gaborik again ... this time out of town by the April 3 trade deadline. Itís going to be a tough sale at $7.5 million on the cap through next season, even tougher because the Rangers need value in return for No. 10, who has provided management with a list of 10 teams to which he cannot be dealt under terms of his no-trade clause.

Old
03-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Burmistrov clashing with Winnipeg's headcoach.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...198729831.html
Burmistrov is going to be a pro for a long time but he has lessons to learn. Key among them right now is learning the coach is the boss and playing within the structure he sets down is the way to stay in the lineup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope the Rangers are unable to find a taker for Gaborik's $7.5m salary, with the cap lowering. I'd rather see him bought out, with Sather not getting anything in return.

Brooks crying over the Rangers is so sweet It's been a long time since we've had
a shaming the sweater article.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...ontent=Rangers

Tortorellaís postgame diatribe in Buffalo during which he smeared his teamís most important players was conduct unbecoming. Beyond that, it failed to produce the desired effect. This group had deaf ears.

And now, the Blueshirts are seeking to move Gaborik again ... this time out of town by the April 3 trade deadline. Itís going to be a tough sale at $7.5 million on the cap through next season, even tougher because the Rangers need value in return for No. 10, who has provided management with a list of 10 teams to which he cannot be dealt under terms of his no-trade clause.
Continue the downfall. Its nice to see the Isles go up and the Rangers go down.

03-18-2013, 01:36 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Glen Sather really has cornered the market when it comes to financially irresponsible contracts. He's lucky Montreal saved him with the Gomez contract, Redden was buried in the minors (can't do that anymore with the new rules), Gaborik, and Richards. He really needs to hire a cap guru and let them negotiate contracts because he doesn't seem to have a clue. He and Dale Tallon must hang out all the time.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 01:55 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Glen Sather really has cornered the market when it comes to financially irresponsible contracts. He's lucky Montreal saved him with the Gomez contract, Redden was buried in the minors (can't do that anymore with the new rules), Gaborik, and Richards. He really needs to hire a cap guru and let them negotiate contracts because he doesn't seem to have a clue. He and Dale Tallon must hang out all the time.
Pisses me off that teams get not just one amnesty buyout, but two.

The Rangers will use amnesty buyouts, then toss a huge amount of money at Perry. At this point, I'm left hoping he wants to go play at home in Canada.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:44 PM
bstash19

i think this might be my favorite tweet of all time.

@proteautype: Isles pass Rangers in the East. Volcanologists say likelihood of Mt. Tortorella catastrophic eruption now at 85%, urge massive evacuations.

https://twitter.com/proteautype/stat...26789436289024

bstash19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 02:55 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Leafs gm is saying he's not shopping Kessel, but that he is listening to offers for him.

Kessel has a limited NTC kick in next season and is a ufa in July 2014. So, if the Leafs are gonna move him and not have him limit the numbr of teams involved, they will need to do it before that NTC kicks in.

Leafs are reportedly insisting on, a good top 4 d-man or top 6 forward + a high draft pick.
Okposo and Nino?

That's crazy enough to be plausible. Leafs should/would ask for Strome

Kessel's a great offensive player.

Quote:
The Rangers will use amnesty buyouts, then toss a huge amount of money at Perry. At this point, I'm left hoping he wants to go play at home in Canada.
Did you mean Brooklyn?

Right after the Grabner - Gaborik deal?

redbull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 03:21 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Okposo and Nino?

That's crazy enough to be plausible. Leafs should/would ask for Strome

Kessel's a great offensive player.
I love Kessel's speed and skill, but don't think he's gonna be worth the $6m-$8m per, that he's expected to demand when he hits the ufa market. I posted when he was dealt from the Bruins, that he needed to improve defensively and find a physical element. 5 yrs later, I'm still waiting for those parts of his game to develop.
If Wang's greenlighting a $6m-$8m addition and the isles are moving top prospects, I want an Evander Kane, not a Phil Kessel.

Quote:
Right after the Grabner - Gaborik deal
I'd rather pay Grabner $2m-$3m, then pay Gaborik $7.5m.

Hopefully, the $6m cap drop, keeps some foolish gm from bailing Sather out. I'd much rather see Gaborik bought out, then traded.

Old
03-18-2013, 03:40 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
I love Kessel's speed and skill, but don't think he's gonna be worth the $6m-$8m per, that he's expected to demand when he hits the ufa market. I posted when he was dealt from the Bruins, that he needed to improve defensively and find a physical element. 5 yrs later, I'm still waiting for those parts of his game to develop.
If Wang's greenlighting a $6m-$8m addition and the isles are moving top prospects, I want an Evander Kane, not a Phil Kessel.

I'd rather pay Grabner $2m-$3m, then pay Gaborik $7.5m.

Hopefully, the $6m cap drop, keeps some foolish gm from bailing Sather out. I'd much rather see Gaborik bought out, then traded.
It'll be an interesting off-season, that's for sure.

I don't think we'll see much action at the deadline though, especially not from the Islanders (which we're all used to, I suppose)

The NYR are a strange case. They have such a solid team on paper and in spurts, they look deadly in games, yet they get such poor results. Good mix of vets and youth, they have size, they play hard, block shots, battle with and without the puck in all zones.....weird.

They are a roster that has almost zero holes.

Yet Gaborik and B. Richards are lost out there, invisible at times. I think Nash has been good (in the games I saw) but seems to play by himself out there. Bad chemistry I suppose.

redbull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Konk

Quote:
I posted when he was dealt from the Bruins, that he needed to improve defensively and find a physical element. 5 yrs later, I'm still waiting for those parts of his game to develop.
You won't see Phil Kessel "find a physical element" because it's not his game, but to say he hasn't improved defensively in five years is the same as someone saying Tavares' skating is still holding him back from being a true superstar. Kessel's not a Selke candidate, but his defense has definitely improved since his Bruins days.

Konk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:03 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
I would definitely take Kane over Kessel, but if Wang has given the okay for a 8MM add, I would prefer it be RFA Alex Pietrangelo. I'm sure St Louis will lock him up soon (they have plenty of room) but if they don't, at this point of the re-build I would give up whatever draft picks necessary to get him here.

InformTheMasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Jester9881

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
It'll be an interesting off-season, that's for sure.

I don't think we'll see much action at the deadline though, especially not from the Islanders (which we're all used to, I suppose)

The NYR are a strange case. They have such a solid team on paper and in spurts, they look deadly in games, yet they get such poor results. Good mix of vets and youth, they have size, they play hard, block shots, battle with and without the puck in all zones.....weird.

They are a roster that has almost zero holes.

Yet Gaborik and B. Richards are lost out there, invisible at times. I think Nash has been good (in the games I saw) but seems to play by himself out there. Bad chemistry I suppose.
They traded their meat and potatoes for some garnish, and they're left wondering why they go to bed hungry.

Look at what they lost:
Dubinsky
Anisimov
Prust
Fedotenko

Besides their center depth going out the window...those are all guys that would dive in front of pucks, muck in the corners, hit, fight... etc..etc...

Rick Nash is a great player, but they would have been much better served trading Chris Kreider for him instead. You have to imagine that had they done that last year.... they probably beat the Devils and at least make it to the Finals.

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:10 PM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
3 point game is a killer. Ugh

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:35 PM
19 in a row

no link but NHL network on tv reporting Perry getting same deal with ducks as Getzlaf 8 years $66M just about done..

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:41 PM
xECK29x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 in a row View Post
no link but NHL network on tv reporting Perry getting same deal with ducks as Getzlaf 8 years $66M just about done..
Great for the Ducks, bad for the market.

xECK29x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:44 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
David Clarkson must be licking his chops now, he's going to get paid now that Perry is going to be off the market.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:48 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Quote:
The Ducks have agreed to terms with right wing Corey Perry on an eight-year contract extension. Perry, a 2007 Stanley Cup champion and 2010 Olympic gold medalist, is now under contract with the Ducks through the 2020-21 NHL season. Per club policy, no financial terms of the deal were disclosed.

“We are excited that Corey has committed to us for the next eight years,” said Ducks Executive Vice President/General Manager Bob Murray. “Similar to the case with Ryan Getzlaf, Corey wanted to stay in Anaheim and be part of our organization long term. He is an exceptional player who competes with heart and soul and has won at every level.”
http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?i...id=DL|ANA|home

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:49 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Corey Perry signs 8 Year extension with ANA

Scratch him off our list.

Quote:
Ducks agree to terms with Corey Perry on eight-year contract extension.
As per ANA Twitter

Isles Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:52 PM
seafoam
#hewenttoharvard

vCash: 50
Go for Clowe.

seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:42 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
Go for Dany Heatley!!! It's time we make up for the Dipietro draft!!

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:39 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
Good news for the Ducks and most eastern conference teams.I thought Ottawa, Toronto or the Rangers would sign Perry.

I'm glad he stayed west.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:26 AM
Degeneration Rex

Rag$ fans must be disappointed that their big ticket price increase for next season will not be
going for Perry.

Degeneration Rex is online now   Reply With Quote