HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Rumors and Proposals Vol. 7: "GMs who should be posters"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-18-2013, 03:30 PM
  #876
shogun99
Registered User
 
shogun99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
How about this deal for Bogosian.

Hemsky
Smid
Option to swap 1st in 2013 or 2014

Or for Trouba.

Hemsky
2013 1st

Bit of a gamble by both sides.

shogun99 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 03:34 PM
  #877
SchultzSquared
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDG View Post
Brett Burns for Ales Hemsky? Not sure on the details of the Bruns contract, and maybe this is less likely now since San Jose will be in the same conference as us next year...

SJ gets the injection of offense they need badly, and Oilers get a rock solid d-man with more epic facial hair
Easy no from San Jose... Burns will be their defense after Boyle leaves... he is already the only Shark who can consistently make an outlet pass... we would have to offer Yakupov...

SchultzSquared is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 03:35 PM
  #878
BDG
Registered User
 
BDG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
not happening.


they gave up seto, coyle, 1st for burns and promptly signed him to a 5 year extention.
There offense is so bad right now they moved Burns to Forward, playing on a line with Thornton and Couture. That smells desperate to me, and desperate people do crazy stuff sometimes....

BDG is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 03:37 PM
  #879
DIBZ
Registered User
 
DIBZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
How about this deal for Bogosian.

Hemsky
Smid
Option to swap 1st in 2013 or 2014

Or for Trouba.

Hemsky
2013 1st

Bit of a gamble by both sides.
I don't mind that bogo deal, I think you need to fill their needs more than they fill our needs to pry him out of there.

DIBZ is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 03:42 PM
  #880
Koto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
How about this deal for Bogosian.

Hemsky
Smid
Option to swap 1st in 2013 or 2014

Or for Trouba.

Hemsky
2013 1st

Bit of a gamble by both sides.
The first one isnt good enough for them, they have way too much of a sure fire stud in Bogosian to give up for a acouple soon to be UFA's and a massive hope play that we suck enough to give them a high pick.


I don't know why you want to make the second...we could get a prospect the quality of Trouba with that pick...hemsky is still a good player for us.

PS: we shouldn't even be including Smid, we should resign him. Consider most outside teams view Smid as a rental worth approx 2 2nds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDG View Post
There offense is so bad right now they moved Burns to Forward, playing on a line with Thornton and Couture. That smells desperate to me, and desperate people do crazy stuff sometimes....
Well if your premis is that they are desperate and are open to making a stupid and one sided move...then sure we can have burns for Hemsky.

Koto is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 03:47 PM
  #881
Hemskyfanboy83
Registered User
 
Hemskyfanboy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,467
vCash: 500
How about something like this?

Trade 1: Hemsky + Hartikainen for Korpikoski + Klesla
Trade 2: Nick Schultz for the best pick/prospect we can get

Klesla replaces Schultz at a lower cap hit.
Korpikoski is a downgrade from Hemsky but he adds some versatility and a little bit of size.

The beauty of these trades is that we would be saving valuable cap space which could allow us to be active in free agency.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 03:48 PM
  #882
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,032
vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDG View Post
There offense is so bad right now they moved Burns to Forward, playing on a line with Thornton and Couture. That smells desperate to me, and desperate people do crazy stuff sometimes....
He was a winger when drafted so it's not that crazy.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 03:54 PM
  #883
Koto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
How about something like this?

Trade 1: Hemsky + Hartikainen for Korpikoski + Klesla
Trade 2: Nick Schultz for the best pick/prospect we can get

Klesla replaces Schultz at a lower cap hit.
Korpikoski is a downgrade from Hemsky but he adds some versatility and a little bit of size.

The beauty of these trades is that we would be saving valuable cap space which could allow us to be active in free agency.
Since when has cap space ever lead to us landing something useful in free agency.


I don't think those trades are very good, people need to get over the NS hate, sure hes not very good, but hes a useful 5, something we can't afford to offload for picks at this point.

Koto is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 04:11 PM
  #884
BDG
Registered User
 
BDG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
He was a winger when drafted so it's not that crazy.
Yeah I read about that after posting, either way, would love to pry him out of San Jose, Hemsky + something else maybe?

BDG is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 04:16 PM
  #885
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,053
vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
How about something like this?

Trade 1: Hemsky + Hartikainen for Korpikoski + Klesla
Trade 2: Nick Schultz for the best pick/prospect we can get

Klesla replaces Schultz at a lower cap hit.
Korpikoski is a downgrade from Hemsky but he adds some versatility and a little bit of size.

The beauty of these trades is that we would be saving valuable cap space which could allow us to be active in free agency.
Is Klesla really much of an upgrade on Schultz? I don't think it's worth moving Hemsky for..

Joey Moss is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 04:20 PM
  #886
Hemskyfanboy83
Registered User
 
Hemskyfanboy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Is Klesla really much of an upgrade on Schultz? I don't think it's worth moving Hemsky for..
I'm moving Hemsky mainly for Korpikoski who can fit in anywhere in the top 9 and contribute. He makes the top 9 a little more well rounded IMO.

Klesla and Schultz would play pretty similar roles but we save about .5 mill in cap space which could be useful.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 04:26 PM
  #887
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,032
vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDG View Post
Yeah I read about that after posting, either way, would love to pry him out of San Jose, Hemsky + something else maybe?
It would cost more than that, but to what exactly I don't know. Wilson is on the hot seat, which is a bad thing if you are a Shark fan.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 04:37 PM
  #888
Koto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
It would cost more than that, but to what exactly I don't know. Wilson is on the hot seat, which is a bad thing if you are a Shark fan.
I don't know if this is true, but i don't think he should be, has made many good moves as their GM.


not his fault the players choked come playoff time.


one window has closed, he should still be allowed to move forward and try and open another up down the road.


i don't think he has to save his job this year and make the playoffs.

Koto is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 04:41 PM
  #889
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,032
vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
I don't know if this is true, but i don't think he should be, has made many good moves as their GM.


not his fault the players choked come playoff time.


one window has closed, he should still be allowed to move forward and try and open another up down the road.


i don't think he has to save his job this year and make the playoffs.
Talking heads seem to bring it up. The real problem is it's hard to convince a boss and fanbase that you might not be able to win the cup.

Missing the playoffs would be a reason to fire him, but I too don't think it's the best idea. They'll get someone new in there, gut the team and find out it wasn't the GM's fault they couldn't win a cup.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 05:22 PM
  #890
Oilbleeder
Moderator
Lead us to glory.
 
Oilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,792
vCash: 81
Trade board claims Dan Boyle could be up for grabs. Could we be interested?

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/QuadSig-OB.gif <-- Credit goes to The Nemesis.
Oilbleeder is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 05:43 PM
  #891
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,372
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Trade board claims Dan Boyle could be up for grabs. Could we be interested?
Absolutely, I am curious how much game he has left at this point.

If he can still play at a high level, maybe put a deal together for him and Clowe (trying to resign Clowe).

Jimmi Jenkins is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 05:44 PM
  #892
topchowda
Registered User
 
topchowda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Trade board claims Dan Boyle could be up for grabs. Could we be interested?
Yes please, we will need some good defensive vets for this team.

If rumours are true Whitney will be gone at TDL, maybe Smid to (more unlikely but)

J.Schultz has hit the rookie wall and should be sheltered and N.Schultz is not top 4.

Our only legit D able of good defense in top 4 would be Petry (Smid if he stays)


Like was stated in Batman "There's a storm coming, Mr. Tambo. You and your friends better batten down the hatches"

topchowda is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 05:49 PM
  #893
Master Lok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 6,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
Campbell (7.1)- Fistric (2- Estimate)
Schultz (3.5)- Schultz (3.75)
Smid (4 est)- Petry (1.75)


That is 22 million for next season, for a D with 6 guys who can actually play. Decent mix of skill and puck movers. How can you argue we can't afford that?

LA for example has 15 million committed to 3 D to start next year. (Doughty 7, Mitchell 3.5, Green 3). Muzzin, Voyonov and Scuderi all need new deals.

Van have 23 million committed to 5 guys (Edler 5, Hamius 4.5, Ballard 4.2, Bieksa 4.6, Garrison 4.6)


Its not even close to as difficult as you make it seem. Also, the fact that his contract is so high may mean they move him for pretty cheap, which would make it all the more enticing.

Then, if you're in a cap crunch at the end of next year, you can deal N Schultz and give Klefbom the spot. That saves 2 mil, and Klefbom will have a year of NA experience by then.
Signed Forwards = $34.75.
Estimate Unsigned forwards (Sam Gagner 4, Paajarvi 2, Jones 2, Harti 1, Petrell 1) = 10.

Defense = Your six D plus 7th D (say 0.9) = 23

Goalies = 3.5 plus backup (say 1.5) = 5

Total = 72.75.

Cap for 2013/2014 = 64.3 million.

You want to try adding that up again? It's 8 million over the cap.

"not even close to as difficult as you make it seem" is it?

Master Lok is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 05:55 PM
  #894
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,372
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Yes please, we will need some good defensive vets for this team.

If rumours are true Whitney will be gone at TDL, maybe Smid to (more unlikely but)

J.Schultz has hit the rookie wall and should be sheltered and N.Schultz is not top 4.

Our only legit D able of good defense in top 4 would be Petry (Smid if he stays)


Like was stated in Batman "There's a storm coming, Mr. Tambo. You and your friends better batten down the hatches"
Maybe you try to make a crazy deal with the Sharks

To SJ: Petry, Hartikainen, Lander, Marincin and 2013 1st

To EDM: Boyle, Burns and Clowe

Jimmi Jenkins is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 06:02 PM
  #895
longtimeoilfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 101
vCash: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Trade board claims Dan Boyle could be up for grabs. Could we be interested?
I doubt it... age and size are a factor. By "Trade Board" do you mean HF's board? If so, some fan claiming he is available isn't much to go on. I am especially fond of the "what would you give for Player X" types of threads (and I am being facetious).

I would like to see a winger acquired to take the place of Hartikainen and/or Jones... not necessarily Clowe, but someone Clowe like with NHL experience. I like what I see from the team as it currently operates, with three top'ish lines and a fourth. They, at least currently, are proving me wrong; I have been (and still continue to be) an advocate of the more traditional make up of a true third and fourth line, but the Oilers have been entertaining. And it seems to be working... you won't read me advocating 'new age hockey systems' or anything of the sort, but I can admit that perhaps I was being a tad hasty in my judgment.

longtimeoilfan is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 06:05 PM
  #896
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Trade board claims Dan Boyle could be up for grabs. Could we be interested?
No trade clause.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 06:09 PM
  #897
Brewster
Registered User
 
Brewster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Maybe you try to make a crazy deal with the Sharks

To SJ: Petry, Hartikainen, Lander, Marincin and 2013 1st

To EDM: Boyle, Burns and Clowe
Clowe is a scrub at this point, so I have little interest in him. Boyle is 36 (?), and is a huge wildcard. Burns I would love, but the Sharks have no reason to move him and will not move him until they give up on the core of Thronton and Marleau. The value is probably there but as an Oiler fan I would not expect to nor want to see this deal go through.

Brewster is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 06:10 PM
  #898
Redwood Original
El Presidente
 
Redwood Original's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,487
vCash: 500
Oops


Last edited by Redwood Original: 03-18-2013 at 06:11 PM. Reason: bad at math
Redwood Original is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 06:28 PM
  #899
402
#ualberta
 
402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Egypt
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 500
@TSNBobMcKenzie: No surprise, but Andrej Sustr, 6-foot-8 Univ of Nebraska-Omaha junior dman (UFA), has officially decided to leave school/field NHL offers.
@TSNBobMcKenzie: UNO's college season ended on the weekend. Sustr will weigh his options, and he has many, this week. No rush or timetable on a decision.

He is a 200 pound 6 foot 8 dman he is 22 years old
In his 2012-13 season with U. of Nebraska-Omaha 39GP 9G 16A 20 pts 53 PIM

Any interest ?

402 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 06:30 PM
  #900
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
@TSNBobMcKenzie: No surprise, but Andrej Sustr, 6-foot-8 Univ of Nebraska-Omaha junior dman (UFA), has officially decided to leave school/field NHL offers.
@TSNBobMcKenzie: UNO's college season ended on the weekend. Sustr will weigh his options, and he has many, this week. No rush or timetable on a decision.

He is a 200 pound 6 foot 8 dman he is 22 years old
In his 2012-13 season with U. of Nebraska-Omaha 39GP 9G 16A 20 pts 53 PIM

Any interest ?
Can't be much worse than Potter

Sloth Slothersons* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.