HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 8)

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2013, 04:00 PM
big papa

vCash: 500
Fake id is likely how she got in

Old
03-18-2013, 04:03 PM
etr102

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Whoa...

I'm really curious to what happens with this.

First question to come to mind (and my apologies if this offends anyone)...16 YEAR OLD in the bar???
How old is Johnson? He's underaged too isn't he? (not that it makes the situation any better).

Old
03-18-2013, 04:04 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by etr102 View Post
How old is Johnson? He's underaged too isn't he? (not that it makes the situation any better).
Correct he's 18.

Old
03-18-2013, 04:06 PM
MaybeNextYear

Think someone needs to pull the reins in....

Old
03-18-2013, 04:06 PM
OHLTG

Rayzor - While I could be 100% off and Johnson is completely guilty, I know how downtown is. I'm not about to throw the book at him without knowing all of the facts.

BigPapa - That's one way, but there are others.

ETR - Johnson is 18 (turns 19 in June). 16-years old, though, makes me cringe.

Old
03-18-2013, 04:15 PM
Libbs

Well then...

Was it possible the bar had an underages night at the bar (no alcohol)? Not sure how common practice that is as I despise the downtown/bar scene. It's a cespool for beligerence, idiots, and problems.

Let the facts speak for themselves before passing any judgment on Johnson.

There's something seriously flawed in the leadership and mentorship of the youth these days.

Old
03-18-2013, 04:16 PM
big papa

i know how DT is as well my neighbour just turned 18 this past november and has been going DT sence she was around 16

it was and end of the year party/gathering for the Spitfires witch is likely how Johnson was aloud in.

Old
03-18-2013, 04:17 PM
KyGuy9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Yea and i heard a rumour that there is a deal in place, around Dekort+ for a good young goalie. I really find it hard to bieleve that someone would take Pavelka, he will be an O/A, Import Goalie.These are just for fun but here are some deals i would like to see if we were going for it next year:

To Sarnia:
Adam Bateman
Kuchmey
4th Rd(Pick a year in the Future)

To Windsor:
Craig Duininck

We get a really good Over age Defensive Defensman back in Craig who wont throw up alot of points but boy is he solid Defensively, he will jump in front of every shot and will make the Defense alot stronger, Sarnia gets Bateman who has made some strides this season towards the end, i think it just isnt working out here in Windsor and a move to Sarnia who will be rebuilding more then likely with Boucher and Sarault moving on to pro, Adam will get a bigger role then here in Windsor, along with Bateman they get Kuchmey who has played stellar in Junior B and deserves a shot in the OHL.

To Windsor:
Daniel Altshuller

To Oshawa:
Jordan DeKort
Ryan Verbeek
Graeme Brown

Windsor gets a good goalie who can steal games and a guy you are confident in. Oshawa who like Sarnia will go into rebuild mode next season, they get a younger goalie who has just not worked out here in Windsor, and they get 2 younger players in Verbeek who has gotten better as the season has went on and he has some jam to his game and they get Brown who has looked solid so far in his games with Windsor.

To Windsor:
Brendan Gaunce

To Belleville:
Pat Sanvido
Ben Johnson
John Bowen(Throw in)
2nd Rd. 2014

Is this enough? if not what else would the spits need to add?...This would help the Spits because Gaunce is a great player and would help the offence big time. The Bulls might go into rebuild mode after this season with Subban, Graovac, and Quine all more then likely gone after this season, so this would let them bring in a big 6'6 defensive defensman who is young and i think will be a great Dman along With Johnson who is a good two-way player and is bound to break out offensively, and they get a second round pick next year.

I think if the Spits could pull the trigger on atleast one of these trades it would help them moving into next year.
I can see a trade with Oshawa stirring up.

They only have 1 Import on their roster, Simon Karlsson, and if he returns next year he'll be an OA too.

They also have 8 93's on their roster. Though some (Biggs, Jenner) will graduate, I can see us getting one.

What do you guys think about this?

To Windsor:
Lucas Lessio (Think he'll return?)
Joe Manchurek
Cole Cassels
Dan Altshuller

To Oshawa:
Jaroslav Pavelka
John Bowen
Ben Johnson
Adam Bateman
Graeme Brown

With Oshawa looking to rebuild (I think), this would get them a good deal of young players who could really find their stride, and a #1 in Pavelka.

As with Ben Johnson ... WOW.

A 16 year old? Eep...

Old
03-18-2013, 04:18 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Well then...

Was it possible the bar had an underages night at the bar (no alcohol)? Not sure how common practice that is as I despise the downtown/bar scene. It's a cespool for beligerence, idiots, and problems.

There's something seriously flawed in the leadership and mentorship of the youth these days.
Knowing the bar, no. Let's also not pool all bars together. The bars I've worked at have had very few issues.

Quote:
i know how DT is as well my neighbour just turned 18 this past november and has been going DT sence she was around 16
Fake ID is only one way to get in, though.

Old
03-18-2013, 04:19 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Rayzor - While I could be 100% off and Johnson is completely guilty, I know how downtown is. I'm not about to throw the book at him without knowing all of the facts.

BigPapa - That's one way, but there are others.

ETR - Johnson is 18 (turns 19 in June). 16-years old, though, makes me cringe.

Come on this is not about being charged with a serious offence that carries actual jail time. It's the fact he put himself in this position. Not everybody is going to be a goody goody and will drink before they are 19 but if you're going to do that be responsible and smart about it. It's all about decisions, choices and judgment but some players need more guidance than others.

Old
03-18-2013, 04:19 PM
big papa

Quote:
Well then...

Highly doubt they had a no alcohol night on St. Paddy's day. Mostly the night clubs have underage/everyage night

Old
03-18-2013, 04:27 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post

Come on this is not about being charged with a serious offence that carries actual jail time. It's the fact he put himself in this position. Not everybody is going to be a goody goody and will drink before they are 19 but if you're going to do that be responsible and smart about it. It's all about decisions, choices and judgment but some players need more guidance than others.
I take a bit of offence to calling people who wait until they're 19 to drink a "goody goody." Some of us simply don't have the time or desire to get in trouble with the law. Strange, eh?

You can shake your head all you want, but not all of the facts are out yet. We know Johnson was charged, we know the ages, and we know the bar. That's it. Sure, more could come and he's guilty, but until that point, I'm not going to assume anything.

As far as under-age nights go, I know of one bar (I won't name it) that has them as I've been told they were having that specific event. Memory wants to say there is another one, but I can't say for sure.

Old
03-18-2013, 04:31 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
I take a bit of offence to calling people who wait until they're 19 to drink a "goody goody." Some of us simply don't have the time or desire to get in trouble with the law. Strange, eh?

You can shake your head all you want, but not all of the facts are out yet. We know Johnson was charged, we know the ages, and we know the bar. That's it. Sure, more could come and he's guilty, but until that point, I'm not going to assume anything.

As far as under-age nights go, I know of one bar (I won't name it) that has them as I've been told they were having that specific event. Memory wants to say there is another one, but I can't say for sure.
You still don't get it. I am using the term goody goody is in abiding by the rules. I know a person was charged with sexual assault he was 18, the girl is 16. I also know they taped off a crime scene which isn't always stand operating procedures in this case. Read the article again and start connecting the dots it isn't hard.

Old
03-18-2013, 04:35 PM
ImaBullsfan

Interesting thoughts from spits fans, as a Bulls fan, ive been saying the same thing for awhile now, next year will be a rebuild, i would gage the season in december then wheel Gaunce and Zharkov to a contender. Those two guys would fetch a very good return. George and Warren have a past (Grubauer deal) so another blockbuster wouldn't surprise me.

Old
03-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Knowing the bar, no. Let's also not pool all bars together. The bars I've worked at have had very few issues.
You bet I will... it really is the same common denominator: mass consumption of alcohol. It takes very respectable people and turns them into complete animals. It's an environment that is just asking for trouble and an enviroment that I particularily dislike.

Old
03-18-2013, 04:37 PM
big papa

More news from Twitter on the Johnson story as per Rich Garton ‏@RichGartonCTV
Ben Johnson of Windsor Spitfires is charged with two counts of sexual assault. Police say they did not occur on same night. @CTVWindsorBRK.

Old
03-18-2013, 04:38 PM
Libbs

The Spits players have been prancing around the city like rock stars for as long as I can remember. I can even remember 16yo Hall and Ellis at the bars... it's just asking for trouble IMO.

Old
03-18-2013, 04:38 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
You still don't get it. I am using the term goody goody is in abiding by the rules. I know a person was charged with sexual assault he was 18, the girl is 16. I also know they taped off a crime scene which isn't always stand operating procedures in this case. Read the article again and start connecting the dots it isn't hard.
Then don't use the term "goody goody" because that has a totally different meaning. It's not exactly used in society to mean a good thing.

I also realize this doesn't look good and it probably happened, but I'm not about to jump to conclusions and throw him in jail until I know exactly what happened. I'm surprised you would, though.

Quote:
You bet I will... it really is the same common denominator: mass consumption of alcohol. It takes very respectable people and turns them into complete animals. It's an environment that is just asking for trouble and an enviroment that I particularily dislike.
Sorry, have to disagree. I've worked downtown for years in over a dozen different bars/pubs and not every bar is the same. Not even close. Some have a definite poor reputation, but the three I work at now are never mentioned along with those poor rep bars (and I can count on one hand, the three bars combined, how many altercations I've seen). You may dislike bars for their environment, but believe me, they are not all the same.

Old
03-18-2013, 04:40 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by big papa View Post
More news from Twitter on the Johnson story as per Rich Garton ‏@RichGartonCTV
Ben Johnson of Windsor Spitfires is charged with two counts of sexual assault. Police say they did not occur on same night. @CTVWindsorBRK.
2 different occurances on 2 different nights?

I think Johnson's character is starting to show...

Old
03-18-2013, 04:41 PM
big papa

Quote:
The Spits players have been prancing around the city like rock stars for as long as I can remember. I can even remember 16yo Hall and Ellis at the bars... it's just asking for trouble IMO.
Heard stories about them getting shoved in a cab by Josh Bailey in there rookies season because the cops were on there way to the bar they were all partying at

Old
03-18-2013, 04:44 PM
OHLTG

If there were two assaults on two different nights, why didn't the first assault come out at the time?

Old
03-18-2013, 04:47 PM
big papa

Quote:
If there were two assaults on two different nights, why didn't the first assault come out at the time?
if they both happened on different night then it could be that they happened close to 24 hours apart from each other

Old
03-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Hawks3

Quote:
The funny thing is that stuff has the exact opposite effect. If anything when Clark goes after a guy like Noesen that puts a huge target on the back of guys like Rychel, Vail, Ho-Sang etc..
Lets not forget that it was Noesen that put out KOKO last year with a cross check to the back that lacerated his kidney. He had to answer for that maybe that was the messeage. Noesen is a back stabber this proved it. and he wont drop the gloves but would use a weapon to hurt someone.

Old
03-18-2013, 04:54 PM
big papa

Rich Garton ‏@RichGartonCTV
Police say one alleged sexual assault victim is 16, the other 20. @CTVWindsor

Old
03-18-2013, 04:54 PM
Libbs

Quote:
There's no "insta-click" option for evidence gathering.

Closed Thread