HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread XVI

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2013, 03:54 PM
Verviticus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
thefeebster, I don't think you get thanked nearly enough for the work you put in.

Thanks again for the videos.

----

To reiterate what others have said, wow is Sustr ever smooth, but boy does he look slight. Makes Tyler Myers look like a body builder out there.

He's the guy I want, and hopefully he can see his spot on the team (RH RS dman on a cheap contract). He should get opportunity pretty quickly here.

Langaniere, I wouldn't mind him, but if you're him and Pittsburgh can sell you on getting possible ice time with the best two players in the game, I think he takes it.
considering how well they're going right now i don't think that would be a very good selljob on langaniere

Old
03-18-2013, 03:54 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Was talking about langaniere at the end there. Sorry for the confusion.
Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. Says it right there too.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:00 PM
Big Naissak
4 8 15 16 23 42

Send a message via Skype™ to Big Naissak
As I said before, Langaniere imo is going to be a darn good player, he looks great out there and reminds me a ton of Hossa and Galchenyuk offensively.

Sustr imo still looks a bit awkward and hasn't figured it out yet. I think he will take a long time to truly figure it all out and become the player he can be.(a la Chara)

Old
03-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Catamarca Livin

Sustr looks like an offensive dman with a long reach. Hard to know how he defends based on video. However considering the hype you would think quite well. Canucks definately have the need. If he is like advertised there is a 6th d man role with pp time waiting for him. Would be playing w a solid d partner as well

Really like the forward prospect. Just how hard he worked in the video. Was very hard on the puck and good at getting his shot off. Seems like a low risk signing as we looks like he could play a grinders role at least.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:24 PM
momo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Naissak View Post
As I said before, Langaniere imo is going to be a darn good player, he looks great out there and reminds me a ton of Hossa and Galchenyuk offensively.

Sustr imo still looks a bit awkward and hasn't figured it out yet. I think he will take a long time to truly figure it all out and become the player he can be.(a la Chara)
Lets be honest, if they are projected to be Hossa/Galchenyuk and Chara they would have been drafted, or signed long ago.

I think people's expectations are way too high. I think they'll be good/great depth players but not superstars.

Side note: Which undrafted 22-23 year old players turned into superstars after college?

Old
03-18-2013, 05:33 PM
jigsaw99

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo View Post
Lets be honest, if they are projected to be Hossa/Galchenyuk and Chara they would have been drafted, or signed long ago.

I think people's expectations are way too high. I think they'll be good/great depth players but not superstars.

Side note: Which undrafted 22-23 year old players turned into superstars after college?
MArtin St Lious

Adam Oates

Old
03-18-2013, 05:37 PM
momo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw99 View Post
MArtin St Lious

Adam Oates
Exactly. Adam Oates in the mid 80s, St. Louis in 90s.

Few and far between. Scouting is too good in this current era to be missing those types of players.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo View Post
Exactly. Adam Oates in the mid 80s, St. Louis in 90s.

Few and far between. Scouting is too good in this current era to be missing those types of players.
Well, they still missed Dustin Penner, Teddy Purcell and more. Even if those guys are not superstars, they're still VERY good players. How many superstars got drafted in that time? Not that many either.

It has nothing to do with bad scouting and everything to do with different players developing at different rates.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:47 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 1000
A quicker 35 point Marek Malik and a 6'4" Hansen are probably their upsides. Very nice players if they get to that.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:50 PM
jigsaw99

yeah nobody is expecting superstars outta these guys. its just good low risk pickups and basically look at it as free draft picks.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:56 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
A quicker 35 point Marek Malik and a 6'4" Hansen are probably their upsides. Very nice players if they get to that.
Malik and Pyatt I'd say.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:57 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen 36 View Post
Awwwe man now I want all of them
This about sums it up for me. Give them all the money!!

Old
03-18-2013, 06:19 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbitterguy View Post
people here are really high on the langaniere kid but the highlight video i saw he doesn't look like a skilled player, certainly not a potential top 6er like i've read some comments describing him. blomstrand looks way more skilled and was playing against men not college kids. (really excited to see what he can do in north america) i'd be happy to get langaniere in the system even if he tops out at 3rd line center but what am i missing?
He's not going to be a star, but i still believe he has top 6 potential. He certainly has the game for the bottom 6 as well and that may very well be where he ends up. But I find his skill fairly evident and that's why i think he has top 6 potential. At his size, he has very good hands, in several clips, he dances through defenders stick-handling. In one, he takes a pass with his right foot, kicks it to his left and then from the left to his stick, all the while not losing speed and gets off a shot. Or the close opportunity where he does a back-handed wrap around, not an easy move at all. Or the best goal IMO, which was from one knee, backhand top shelf. You can't do this if you have little to no skill.

Quote:
thefeebster, I don't think you get thanked nearly enough for the work you put in.

Thanks again for the videos.
Thanks for the kind words!

Old
03-18-2013, 06:38 PM
canuck4life16
Shinkaruk+Henrik=!!!

vCash: 50
Sustr NCAA team is finish for the year I believe.........so I think he will start listening to offer today and the next few weeks

Old
03-18-2013, 06:45 PM
mrbitterguy

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
No surprise, but Andrej Sustr, 6-foot-8 Univ of Nebraska-Omaha junior dman (UFA), has officially decided to leave school/field NHL offers.
gentlemen, start your drooling.

Old
03-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbitterguy View Post
gentlemen, start your drooling.
I'd love Sustr, I just don't feel we'll be able to land the premiere college UFA. It'd be nice, and we can offer him an NHL roster spot, but I have to think there are teams that can offer more. I guess we'll see!

Old
03-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
I'd love Sustr, I just don't feel we'll be able to land the premiere college UFA. It'd be nice, and we can offer him an NHL roster spot, but I have to think there are teams that can offer more. I guess we'll see!
We have Barker and Alberts who are both on expiring contracts, and you'd have to think that Ballard is a candidate for an amnesty buyout this summer. We could offer Sustr a pretty damn good shot at a spot this fall, IMO.

Old
03-18-2013, 07:10 PM
canuck4life16
Shinkaruk+Henrik=!!!

vCash: 50
IF Sustr is smart he will agree to come to a team and play in the AHL to develop and get use to the pro game before joining the NHL. He would be a good third pairing to start with Garrsion and have three balanced RH shot D-men, Bieska-Tanev-Sustr

Old
03-18-2013, 08:11 PM
ZenMaster*

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
IF Sustr is smart he will agree to come to a team and play in the AHL to develop and get use to the pro game before joining the NHL. He would be a good third pairing to start with Garrsion and have three balanced RH shot D-men, Bieska-Tanev-Sustr
You would have to think Gillis pitched this to him, we are sorely lacking a RH defenceman in the top 6. One of the reasons Kellan signed with Canucks is because they are lacking a a bottom six center with size and is also left-handed.

If Sustr wants the best development money can buy and have an excellent chance to make the team given that he is exactly what the top 6 needs, then he will choose the Canucks.

Old
03-18-2013, 08:12 PM
ZenMaster*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Laganiere is the premier college UFA, ironically, Canucks have an excellent chance as he already has chosen to attend one of Vancouver's camps.

Old
03-18-2013, 08:13 PM
Verviticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
why is that necessarily smart?

if he signs with ottawa he could get like 23 minutes a night behind the hottest goaltending in history and easily inflate his defensive numbers to max his return in two years

Old
03-18-2013, 08:13 PM
Verviticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
Laganiere is the premier college UFA, ironically, Canucks have an excellent chance as he already has chosen to attend one of Vancouver's camps.
really? i was pretty sure dekeyser is The One Guy that everyone wants

Old
03-18-2013, 08:46 PM
Bleach Clean

What's the stats on these guys? It seems like they are at least a week away from any real decision.

I agree with you feebster on Laganiere's potential upside. Could end up a top6er. Hard to play against as well. Good vids. Any word on Taker? I hope VAN can play the hometown angle here, something that didn't work with Shultz.

I think I'm alone in this, but I would like Laganiere more than Sustr. Plays a very direct game.

Old
03-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Verviticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
What's the stats on these guys? It seems like they are at least a week away from any real decision.

I agree with you feebster on Laganiere's potential upside. Could end up a top6er. Hard to play against as well. Good vids. Any word on Taker? I hope VAN can play the hometown angle here, something that didn't work with Shultz.

I think I'm alone in this, but I would like Laganiere more than Sustr. Plays a very direct game.
i just want him more because it fills an organizational weakness that we're suffering from right now while we have like 6-7 defensive prospects for the future

Old
03-18-2013, 08:51 PM
BerSTUzzi

Ryan Walters is another free agent and he put up:

U. of Nebraska-Omaha WCHA GP 39 G 22 A 30 Pts 52

Closed Thread