HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part IX)

Old
03-18-2013, 04:41 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...k_at_practice/

“I was in tight trying to get it up. It wasn’t even that hard,” Clarkson said. “I went over and said, ‘It didn’t even hit you that hard.’"

PAUSE'ing statement has been PAUSED.

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

It's just the way this team is built that losing one forward other than Barch really messes things up, and causes us to lose sometimes a whole line. Loktionov hasn't really been a Sykora/Parise replacement either. Unfortunately he's had to be a Travis Zajac replacement. Less than half the games played, and just a point less this season.

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:46 PM
downtown56

TGfireandice: Fire & Ice blog: Devils' 2012 draft pick Ben Johnson arrested for alleged sexual assault: http://t.co/DXjyZtK22M

Edit: was posted in another thread

downtown56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:49 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

To be honest I was starting to wonder about the fact Clarkson's goalscoring drought started around when Marty got hurt. He needs big bro around

NJDevs26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:54 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
It's just the way this team is built that losing one forward other than Barch really messes things up, and causes us to lose sometimes a whole line. Loktionov hasn't really been a Sykora/Parise replacement either. Unfortunately he's had to be a Travis Zajac replacement. Less than half the games played, and just a point less this season.
Wow aint that the sad truth.

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
It is more a depth issue, having two starting forwards out puts guys together that we wouldn't really want together, and play guys higher then we want. (Gio centered Patty for a bit? WTF?!?)

Emperoreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:57 PM
rtr1105
1995 • 2000 • 2003

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown56 View Post
TGfireandice: Fire & Ice blog: Devils' 2012 draft pick Ben Johnson arrested for alleged sexual assault: http://t.co/DXjyZtK22M

Edit: was posted in another thread
Apparently he was arrested after the police interviewed a 16-year-old girl at the hospital. So there may have been physical assault involved too? I don't know, there isn't much out there on it yet.

rtr1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Bondys Champagne
Who dey

Awesome Never really heard Kovy laughing so hard

Bondys Champagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
It is more a depth issue, having two starting forwards out puts guys together that we wouldn't really want together, and play guys higher then we want. (Gio centered Patty for a bit? WTF?!?)
The sad part is that if Zajac was producing before Loktionov got hurt then we wouldn't be too far off from last years regular season when we had Parise but Zajac was out.

Henrique is producing at or just below last seasons rate. He was dry for awhile though after scoring like 5 points in his first 6 game back. Patty is producing at last years clip, Kovy is slightly under, but he's had 3rd liners on his opposite wing the whole season, and looks gassed towards the end of every game. Clarkson was producing at above last years clip before going dry. Loktionov's production could replace Sykora's from last regular season. I'm not gonna complain about the Zajac contract or say banish him to the 3rd line forever. Though he needs to be kept off the 1st line for the duration of the season unless he starts producing. Try again next year with him on the 1st line when we have some margin for error. There isn't too much left this season.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:12 PM
NjDevsRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondys Champagne View Post

OMG, was not expecting that haha that is indeed awesome.

NjDevsRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Harrold cannot "do what Zids does"

I do agree that Zids stinks defensively but he has been playing pretty well offensively IMO

he should ideally just play 4th line forward honestly

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Zidlicky is actually like 4th on the team in points behind Patty, Kovy, and Clarkson. So if anyone ever wonders why he's not scratched then that's it.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:20 PM
trufleshufle13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
Harrold cannot "do what Zids does"

I do agree that Zids stinks defensively but he has been playing pretty well offensively IMO

he should ideally just play 4th line forward honestly
been saying this for a while now, easier than calling up a questionable winger and sitting a D guy that doesn't need to be sat. two birds kinda deal.

trufleshufle13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:20 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...lationary.html

19. Lou Lamoriello, asked on Hockey Night in Canada Radio what he'd do if an agent tweeted that one of his players needed to be freed: "No comment."

20. Dallas Eakins on Jake Gardiner: "We've challenged him to not only be the best player on our team, but the best the player on the ice. He's accepted and embraced that challenge...When he goes back to the NHL, he must not be thinking, 'How am I going to survive these 12 minutes?' but 'I'm going to force them to play me 25 minutes.'"

Scottyk9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:38 PM
rrekaj13

Quote:

He's Russian. They get shot if they smile.

rrekaj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...lationary.html

19. Lou Lamoriello, asked on Hockey Night in Canada Radio what he'd do if an agent tweeted that one of his players needed to be freed: "No comment."

20. Dallas Eakins on Jake Gardiner: "We've challenged him to not only be the best player on our team, but the best the player on the ice. He's accepted and embraced that challenge...When he goes back to the NHL, he must not be thinking, 'How am I going to survive these 12 minutes?' but 'I'm going to force them to play me 25 minutes.'"

I hope whoever replaces Lou is better about fan relations.

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Rella17

Quote:

that was great, usually Kovy is like a robot during interviews

Rella17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Eggers
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Eggers
Quote:
Zidlicky is actually like 4th on the team in points behind Patty, Kovy, and Clarkson. So if anyone ever wonders why he's not scratched then that's it.
Pretty much. Harrold has yet to record an assist this year, and that's with an average of 90 seconds of PP time per game since he's been called up.

Eggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:53 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessarmy View Post
We have a GM who sacrificed fan relations for focusing 100% on a winning product.
We've been immensely spoiled in terms of on-ice product, and I'll take that over a pat on the head by the organization any day of the week.

Regardless, the fan base has come a long, long way despite Lou's dinosaur ways. I enjoy the hell out of every home game I go to and the team is extremely interactive in terms of social media.

It's all I can ask for out of a team. If Lou's successor is more focused on fan relations, I don't want any less focus on building a winning environment.

To each his own, though.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:

The video is funny, but I also wanted to say I really appreciate your new username.

Quote:
I hope whoever succeeds Lou keeps everything the same. You laugh at and complain about his old-fashioned ways and his CIA style information security, but that stuff really is worth quite a lot to the organisation, and it would be a shame to lose it when Lou leaves.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:57 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtr1105 View Post
Apparently he was arrested after the police interviewed a 16-year-old girl at the hospital. So there may have been physical assault involved too? I don't know, there isn't much out there on it yet.
I have 0 knowledge on the matter, but knowing how 16-20 year olds operate, the girl was probably in the hospital for alcohol poisoning and the sexual assault is probably linked.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 06:47 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
The sad part is that if Zajac was producing before Loktionov got hurt then we wouldn't be too far off from last years regular season when we had Parise but Zajac was out.

Henrique is producing at or just below last seasons rate. He was dry for awhile though after scoring like 5 points in his first 6 game back. Patty is producing at last years clip, Kovy is slightly under, but he's had 3rd liners on his opposite wing the whole season, and looks gassed towards the end of every game. Clarkson was producing at above last years clip before going dry. Loktionov's production could replace Sykora's from last regular season. I'm not gonna complain about the Zajac contract or say banish him to the 3rd line forever. Though he needs to be kept off the 1st line for the duration of the season unless he starts producing. Try again next year with him on the 1st line when we have some margin for error. There isn't too much left this season.
Well that is really the rub right now. Zajac not producing, and it is hard to ask other guys to cover up for him when he really needs to be that guy.

Old
03-18-2013, 06:51 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
Well that is really the rub right now. Zajac not producing, and it is hard to ask other guys to cover up for him when he really needs to be that guy.
I still can't get over him on the 1st line the other night. That was really getting me heated. Even late in the game they kept him on the 1st line with Kovy in the last couple minutes. There are 8 players with more points than him on the team. He's tied with Bernier for 9th. Pretty sure Carter and Gio are ahead of him too.

From here on out the rest of this season he cannot be wasted on the 1st line. We can try him out next year on there, but not a lot of margin for error left. We've used the last month for error. We already have a 3rd liner on our 1st line right wing. Really there aren't better options though, but there are better center options with Henrique. Luckily Pete moved him there in practice today.

Old
03-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Scott04

Quote:
I prefer it this way. While it can be frustrating to an extent at times, it is absolutely hilarious just as often (if not more so). But I would rather the air tight approach to information than hearing things leak, or 8 million rumors about potential things the team is doing. The majority of the time, if we hear rumors, we know its garbage and not to worry ourselves about it. I would far prefer that to actually having to worry about each and every rumor and debate whether or not its worth it. I'm quite comfortable knowing not to take anything seriously that is speculated about this team until it happens.

Scott04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 07:54 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
I prefer it this way. While it can be frustrating to an extent at times, it is absolutely hilarious just as often (if not more so). But I would rather the air tight approach to information than hearing things leak, or 8 million rumors about potential things the team is doing. The majority of the time, if we hear rumors, we know its garbage and not to worry ourselves about it. I would far prefer that to actually having to worry about each and every rumor and debate whether or not its worth it. I'm quite comfortable knowing not to take anything seriously that is speculated about this team until it happens.
I think the only thing that bugs me is this CIA level secrecy with injuries. I really don't see how it gives the team any kind of tactical advantage, and it just annoys the fans. What good reason was there to not just admit Marty had a pinched nerve. I mean ya we figured it out, but still. Same with Loki, they won't even give a general area of where his injury is.