HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Calle Järnkrok

Old
03-18-2013, 03:22 PM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

vCash: 500
Calle Järnkrok

Hey guys.

Brynäs is just minutes away from getting swepped in the quarterfinals in the Swedish Elite League. He is signed and on loan from you guys.

Do you bring him over the the AHL now? or maybe the NHL?

RobinDIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Hey guys.

Brynäs is just minutes away from getting swepped in the quarterfinals in the Swedish Elite League. He is signed and on loan from you guys.

Do you bring him over the the AHL now? or maybe the NHL?
I'm pretty much sure he will come over the pond, if Swedish national team doesn't have some use for him at WHC.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:41 PM
Edge of Sanity*

If he's healthy he should be added to the Wings roster right now and immediately center the second line. He'd easily be one of the five most talented forwards on the team at worst, time to stop ****ing around with the young talent and actually use it.

Edge of Sanity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:59 PM
joe89

It would be nice to see him get some NA time in and I think it could help him next season. With how the Wings have sent Nyquist and Tatar back down though, and seemingly looking to keep them there when we're healthy, I have a feeling they won't bring Calle over. But that's just a feeling ony my part.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Hendricks433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeghoul View Post
If he's healthy he should be added to the Wings roster right now and immediately center the second line. He'd easily be one of the five most talented forwards on the team at worst, time to stop ****ing around with the young talent and actually use it.
It would be cool to see this so he could learn fro Datsyuk and Z before they leave. It also would get Datsyuk to a wing where he doesnt take faceoff with his alleged injury.

Hendricks433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:17 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
I don't think he is healthy to be honest, have we ever figured out the reason he was skipping the EHTs over there?

If he does come over it won't be to play on the Wings, but my God would Grand Rapids turn into an absolute monster at the AHL level. I personally would like to bring him over if there is no injury problem. Having him sit a month to be in the WC doesn't do as much for me as having an AHL championship run while adjusting to North American hockey. They pulled Almqvist over and I think it has helped his full rookie year in the AHL. If Hockey Sweden tells the Wings the expectation is for him to be a top 6 forward over there for the WC something he should be in Grand Rapids tomorrow then maybe that is different. Tough to put them in that position, but it is a request I think we have to make, otherwise it is best to pull him over now.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:19 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Jarnkrok is brutal on draws for the whole Datsyuk to the wing argument. Quite frankly right now Datsyuk is playing with our second best draw guy on his wing, if they don't want him taking draws have Abdelkader take them and then slide back to wing after puck drop.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:31 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

I would love to see him in north america asap.

I feel a lot of our north american brethren has yet to see this kid for real... I think most have only watched highlights and maybe a few international games.

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:36 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Jarnkrok is brutal on draws for the whole Datsyuk to the wing argument. Quite frankly right now Datsyuk is playing with our second best draw guy on his wing, if they don't want him taking draws have Abdelkader take them and then slide back to wing after puck drop.
He improved to 52% on draws this season, 50% in the playoffs. He's not moving Datsyuk out to a wing, but he's getting there. I see Calle as a winger for the first few years.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:41 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Datsyuk to the wing argument is ridiculous.
He's winning 58.4 percent of his faceoffs.

Let's move Jimmy Howard to right defense while were at it

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:42 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
He improved to 52% on draws this season, 50% in the playoffs. He's not moving Datsyuk out to a wing, but he's getting there. I see Calle as a winger for the first few years.
Is it not possible to play center and not take draws? datsyuk wins draws, switches smoothly with Järnkrok who goes to the middle of the ice...

Old
03-18-2013, 05:45 PM
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
If Tatar isn't on this team, I really don't expect Jarnkrok to get a sniff.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:48 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Is it not possible to play center and not take draws? datsyuk wins draws, switches smoothly with Järnkrok who goes to the middle of the ice...
Nobody is better at center though than Datsyuk who still covers the position well.

I do think Datsyuk's wrist is permanently damaged but while Abdelkader is on his line we have the answer for that. Really Zetterberg has struggled more on the draws and could probably use the foot speed Jarnkrok provides allowing him to slide out wide.

I do think like Joe that Jarnkrok will start on the wing. Even Andersson who was pretty forceful on draws over in Sweden struggled when he first got to North America. It is a different ball game and he will need some time to adjust. Part of why bringing him over for the rest of the AHL season and playoff drive is something I really want to see. He will play center down there and at least have his more natural position for a little bit before he spends some time on the wing in the NHL and eventually returns to the middle.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:51 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Glad he improved that much saw him with a couple 30% type games late in the season.

Seriously I will ask again, is Jarnkrok believed to be carrying an injury right now?

I have been having trouble figuring that out all season, he seems to get random rest and has missed some of the things you would expect him to be doing if he was full 100%?

Old
03-18-2013, 05:56 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
If Tatar isn't on this team, I really don't expect Jarnkrok to get a sniff.
Järnkrok is better than Tatar though.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:57 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
I don't think a 22 year old Gretzky could make this team right now

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:58 PM
P U L L H A R D

Quote:
Tell that to Babs. I'm sure the whole never-having-played-in-a-NA-league is a complete nonstarter for him.

Unless you're Damien "I'll shoot, coach!" Brunner.

Old
03-18-2013, 06:00 PM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

I'm not going to get my hopes for him up until I see him play in NA. I hope he lives up to the hype.

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 06:00 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
Tell that to Babs. I'm sure the whole never-having-played-in-a-NA-league is a complete nonstarter for him.

Unless you're Damien "I'll shoot, coach!" Brunner.
Seems the best way to make the Wings without long periods of time spent in Grand Rapids is to come directly from Europe if I am following this team right.

Franzen, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, then even Kronwall, Hudler, Filppula didn't spend the maximum amount.

Old
03-18-2013, 06:02 PM
P U L L H A R D

Quote:
Seems the best way to make the Wings without long periods of time spent in Grand Rapids is to come directly from Europe if I am following this team right.

Franzen, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, then even Kronwall, Hudler, Filppula didn't spend the maximum amount.
True enough. I am not getting my hopes up, though.

Old
03-18-2013, 06:17 PM
ChadS

Quote:
Seriously I will ask again, is Jarnkrok believed to be carrying an injury right now?

I have been having trouble figuring that out all season, he seems to get random rest and has missed some of the things you would expect him to be doing if he was full 100%?
From watching his playoff games, I didn't see anything indicating an injury. He was quick and didn't seem to shy away from contact. Skipping the EHT's doesn't certainly mean much, since the same players aren't chosen for every tournament. And skipping a game after an EHT tournament (if this is what you meant) isn't that rare, at least in Finland.

I think he would benefit from playing in the AHL for the rest of the season and then getting a decent chance to crack the Wings' lineup in 13-14. He needs to work on his strenght and gain experience from the smaller rink, decisions etc.

ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 06:22 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
I don't think a 22 year old Gretzky could make this team right now
Abby wins way more battles and creates way more space than Gretzky. Man and this Gretzky guy gets bumped off the puck so easy, he must have to put some weight on first.

I could see it now

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Put him with Zetts and switch Brunner to play with Datsyuk.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 06:49 PM
cjm502
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
Abby wins way more battles and creates way more space than Gretzky. Man and this Gretzky guy gets bumped off the puck so easy, he must have to put some weight on first.

I could see it now
He has 300 points in the AHL, but hes not strong enough for the big leagues yet. More ripening.

cjm502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 07:08 PM
RedWinger10

He would be a great addition no doubt. His playing style should meld well with Zetterberg and Brunner.

RedWinger10 is offline   Reply With Quote