HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rundblad to Dallas

Old
03-18-2013, 05:04 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Rundblad to Dallas

Seems like it deserves it's own thread, since we might not be looking at UFAs for him.

What would it cost? We'd obviously perfer to give up our upcoming UFAs or a guy like Robidas, but I wouldn't be opposed to moving one of our wing prospects for him either.

Just trying to gauge value, so I didn't make a proposal.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:06 PM
Sony Eriksson*

vCash: 500
Benn (Jamie not Jordie), Eriksson and Lehtonen are not available. Also said in another thread Dillon has more value to Dallas than any other team that would want him so no obligatory 7th round offers.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:10 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
Benn (Jamie not Jordie), Eriksson and Lehtonen are not available. Also said in another thread Dillon has more value to Dallas than any other team that would want him so no obligatory 7th round offers.
Rundblad isn't exactly a world-beater, so I think this should go without saying...

Nor would they want anymore defense.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:11 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Rundblad isn't exactly a world-beater, so I think this should go without saying...

I know...just throwing it out there because you know it will happen since it is HF after all.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:11 PM
Leave Spezza Alone
melnyk pls

vCash: 50
Eakin

03-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
Eakin
Eakin has proven himself this year.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Leave Spezza Alone
melnyk pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
Eakin has proven himself this year.
And Rundblad is still a top prospect.

Leave Spezza Alone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:52 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Yeah I'd like to avoid trading Eakin, he's too important to our team right now. Fraser would be ideal but obviously there'd have to be more thrown in. Maybe Fraser +?

oconnor9sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 06:21 PM
haterbehatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post

I think we all overvalue our own players to some degree, often just because they're who we're most familiar. However I'm not sure if this is your intent but it sounds like you want him but you don't think he's anything special and should be had for very little obviously Phoenix fans will request a lot and I really wouldn't expect them to sell off young assets for UFA's especially considering all their ownership uncertainty.

haterbehatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 06:29 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterbehatin View Post
I think we all overvalue our own players to some degree, often just because they're who we're most familiar. However I'm not sure if this is your intent but it sounds like you want him but you don't think he's anything special and should be had for very little obviously Phoenix fans will request a lot and I really wouldn't expect them to sell off young assets for UFA's especially considering all their ownership uncertainty.
Not trying to imply this at all, but it should be pretty obvious that those 3 aren't in the discussion at all.

Old
03-18-2013, 06:35 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
My ideal trade from the Stars POV would be Fraser straight up for Rundblad. Fraser doesn't have Rundblad's draft pedigree but at a young age he has proven to be one of the AHL's legitimate goal scorers. It wouldn't kill me to add a 3rd-4th round pick but wouldn't go so high as a 2nd. Reilly Smith would also be on the table (I think).

I'm not thrilled at the prospect of losing either of those two Stars players but Rundblad brings a unique skill set to a team. That said, it sounded like Phoenix fans have been talking down his defensive game so it's not like he's a slam dunk prospect.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 07:03 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
My ideal trade from the Stars POV would be Fraser straight up for Rundblad. Fraser doesn't have Rundblad's draft pedigree but at a young age he has proven to be one of the AHL's legitimate goal scorers. It wouldn't kill me to add a 3rd-4th round pick but wouldn't go so high as a 2nd. Reilly Smith would also be on the table (I think).

I'm not thrilled at the prospect of losing either of those two Stars players but Rundblad brings a unique skill set to a team. That said, it sounded like Phoenix fans have been talking down his defensive game so it's not like he's a slam dunk prospect.
Could also add the amazing Scott Glennie!

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 07:22 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Faksa, I suppose. I'm personally not a big fan, but I suspect that's the player they'd want back for Rundblad.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 07:22 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:

That's essentially like Phoenix offering Andy Miele for Radek Faksa.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 07:58 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
That's essentially like Phoenix offering Andy Miele for Radek Faksa.
I don't see how they're analagous at all aside from Miele and Fraser being free agent signings and Rundblad/Faksa being 1st round draft picks.

Miele is tiny while Fraser goes 6-2, 210 lbs. Miele is nearly six years older than Faksa; Fraser and Rundblad are the same age.

Add to that the fact that I'm trying to swap players of different positions and organizational strength. I don't see your point at all, unless it is to diminish Fraser's value simply by virtue of his not having been drafted, to which I would say the 37 goals he scored as an AHL rookie count the same as if he had a shiny 1st round pick status attached to his name.

Old
03-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

What about Fraser and a pick?

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:17 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
What about Fraser and a pick?
Apparently Fraser isn't up to snuff. We have a former top ten pick if that's more to their liking.

Old
03-18-2013, 08:23 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Apparently Fraser isn't up to snuff. We have a former top ten pick if that's more to their liking.
Bolduc has more points in the AHL. It doesn't mean much. Both Rundblad and Fraser have yet to show anything in the NHL. Your darling forward scored as many points as Rundblad has this year if you pro-rate to the same amount of games. So let's stop pretending such a swap is absurd.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:25 PM
BK201

Quote:

In Ottawa he had some trouble with the defensive side of his game but I'm not sure how he's progressed in pheonix.

he's a good skater, has an amazing outlet pass, great shot.

I noticed in the prospect games he would join the rush but get caught to deep in the offensive zone leaving some odd man rushes the other way. but i mean he could have been trying to show off his talents it was a prospect game.

he also in the NHL he sometimes seemed out of it or something sometimes he would not even notice a puck right infront of him and then when he notices he missed a play he would nonchalantly skate back. it seemed maybe he was not ready for the pace of NA hockey and the amount of time and space a player has to make plays and decisions.

he has really good offensive instinct and may even become a really really good offensive defenseman but from last i saw really needs to have some time in the minors rounding out the defensive side of his game.

BK201 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:59 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Bolduc has more points in the AHL. It doesn't mean much.
You're using a 27 year old's AHL production to argue your point. That's logic that can't fail. I could further demonstrate the absurdity of this comparison but I don't want to waste everyone else's time.

Quote:
Both Rundblad and Fraser have yet to show anything in the NHL. Your darling forward scored as many points as Rundblad has this year if you pro-rate to the same amount of games.
In the real world where games were actually played Fraser has scored 29 goals in 57 games.

Quote:
So let's stop pretending such a swap is absurd.
Oh I totally agree. Fraser for Rundblad is not an absurd swap at all.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:05 PM
DesertDawg

It seems strange to be able to trade with the Stars now.
Don't understand why the 'Yotes need to trade Rundblad. So getting back a player that equates to potentially being a depth player doesn't make sense. Don't see Fraser's AHL success transfer to the NHL.

I'm sure Maloney would be willing to trade him for a certain player that was picked in the 5th round 2 seasons before Rundblad was picked in the 1st. I betcha GMDM would be willing to throw in a draft pick too.

Seriously, maybe for Glennie...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
Don't understand why the 'Yotes need to trade Rundblad. So getting back a player that equates to potentially being a depth player doesn't make sense. Don't see Fraser's AHL success transfer to the NHL.
I dont see Rundblad ever being a regular top 6 defender in the NHL.

See, I can make statements with absolutely no backing as well.

-Vagrant
Chaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:16 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
You're using a 27 year old's AHL production to argue your point. That's logic that can't fail. I could further demonstrate the absurdity of this comparison but I don't want to waste everyone else's time.
No, I am making the point that AHL production is not a predictor of NHL success. That should be obvious from "they haven't proven anything in the NHL."

Quote:
In the real world where games were actually played Fraser has scored 29 goals in 57 games.
Too bad those weren't NHL games, then I might care.

I could see both teams being interested in such a swap. But I think the Coyotes have yet to decide what they do with Yandle, and Rundblad's fate is largely tied to how that situation pans out.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:19 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
In Ottawa he had some trouble with the defensive side of his game but I'm not sure how he's progressed in pheonix.
he's a good skater, has an amazing outlet pass, great shot.
I noticed in the prospect games he would join the rush but get caught to deep in the offensive zone leaving some odd man rushes the other way. but i mean he could have been trying to show off his talents it was a prospect game.
he also in the NHL he sometimes seemed out of it or something sometimes he would not even notice a puck right infront of him and then when he notices he missed a play he would nonchalantly skate back. it seemed maybe he was not ready for the pace of NA hockey and the amount of time and space a player has to make plays and decisions.

he has really good offensive instinct and may even become a really really good offensive defenseman but from last i saw really needs to have some time in the minors rounding out the defensive side of his game.
Coyote's management has praised his defensive progression. The way he picks up his defensive assignments. Unfortunately, for DR, Tippet likes to pair an offensive D-man with a defensive D-man, so he is challenging Schlemko for that last bottom 6 spot. It doesn't help him to be the #7 and it didn't help with such a shorten preseason. Stone is a much better defensive type D-man.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:27 PM
WhoahNow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post

I'm sure Maloney would be willing to trade him for a certain player that was picked in the 5th round 2 seasons before Rundblad was picked in the 1st. I betcha GMDM would be willing to throw in a draft pick too.

Seriously, maybe for Glennie...
Ya it does feel weird not going to be in the same division.

It's not so much that the Yotes need to trade Rundblad as much as the Stars want a young puck moving defenceman and Pheonix has Yandle, OEL, Schlemko, Summers, etc. While Fraser would be a young inexpensive goalscorer.

I won't say Fraser will be a sure fire NHL player, but his shot and goal scoring ability is.

You don't want Glennie, no one wants Glennie.

WhoahNow is offline   Reply With Quote