HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thoughts and prayers.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-18-2013, 04:42 PM
  #201
Old Navy Goat
Registered User
 
Old Navy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Antonio
Country: United States
Posts: 6,013
vCash: 500
Sitting under my covered patio watching Pardon the Interruption in 95 degree weather with bright sunshine. Thinking about sending the nurse du jour out to HEB to pick up some steaks to grill out; some nice jalapeno bacon wrapped ribeyes would definitely hit the spot.

Old Navy Goat is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 05:30 PM
  #202
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 20,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo View Post
After all of these tests and stuff of my wife, pretty sure she won't be able to drink alcohol again.
......quietly changes title and slinks away.....


Afino is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 06:30 PM
  #203
ClearedButNotOut
Fixity
 
ClearedButNotOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Satellite of Love
Country: United States
Posts: 1,014
vCash: 500


I'm LOVING this thread title...a vastly underrated line!!!


ClearedButNotOut is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 06:30 PM
  #204
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo View Post
After all of these tests and stuff of my wife, pretty sure she won't be able to drink alcohol again.
Sucks, but if that's all she has to do then things are looking OK for you guys. Don't need alcohol to have a good time. Hopefully it's nothing more serious that would require other interventions.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 06:46 PM
  #205
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar
 
Taro Tsujimoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Clarence Center, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,914
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
We've got no food, we've got no jobs, our PETS' HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!!

Dumb and Dumber's such a great movie.


Last edited by Taro Tsujimoto: 03-18-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Taro Tsujimoto is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 06:52 PM
  #206
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Sucks, but if that's all she has to do then things are looking OK for you guys. Don't need alcohol to have a good time. Hopefully it's nothing more serious that would require other interventions.
Yeah, that. If that's the worst thing about it, consider yourselves lucky and move on.

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 07:11 PM
  #207
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"
 
TakeThatTootoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
Sorry Afino to blow up your thread title parade

Still waiting to hear back regarding the CT scan on Friday.


2k posts!

TakeThatTootoo is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 07:14 PM
  #208
Clock
Moderator
 
Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 20,108
vCash: 500
Good luck, 22.

Game of Thrones starts pretty soon. <3

Clock is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 07:26 PM
  #209
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 20,938
vCash: 500
Doctor Who starts sooner than that <3


(by one day)

Afino is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 07:35 PM
  #210
kirby11
Registered User
 
kirby11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
How I feel on mondays.

Just had to work an 8 hour shift at whole foods and I still have an english paper to write after a late night ultimate frisbee practice in cleveland's garbage weather...Yep, this sums up my monday perfectly

kirby11 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 07:48 PM
  #211
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 20,938
vCash: 500
You know what I hate? Being lied to.

Or more specifically, not 100% being lied to, but enough of the truth to where it's not "really" a lie, but you know it's not the whole story.

Sadly, some people never change.

Afino is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 07:53 PM
  #212
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles
 
brian_griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Z4QQQ batman symbol
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 6,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
Just had to work an 8 hour shift at whole foods and I still have an english paper to write after a late night ultimate frisbee practice in cleveland's garbage weather...Yep, this sums up my monday perfectly
Hey, in 20 years you can look forward to working 10-hour shifts at your job, then having 2 hours more work at home at night (actually, more if you can stay awake to do it after taking care of kids, house, etc.), and dream of having the physical ability to do anything more with a frisbee than to pick it up and throw it in the kids toy bin. Yep, sums up my Monday weekdays and some weekends perfectly.

brian_griffin is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 07:55 PM
  #213
Penalty Killa
glitter skates
 
Penalty Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sabres Nation
Country: United States
Posts: 10,592
vCash: 500
3100 square feet.

The cat has to be ON me at all times. ANNOYING.

Penalty Killa is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 07:58 PM
  #214
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
3100 square feet.

The cat has to be ON me at all times. ANNOYING.
Solution: Get a dog.


HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 07:59 PM
  #215
Crazy Tasty
Registered User
 
Crazy Tasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 3,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
3100 square feet.

The cat has to be ON me at all times. ANNOYING.
Sounds like my 10 and 7 year old.


Crazy Tasty is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:01 PM
  #216
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles
 
brian_griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Z4QQQ batman symbol
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 6,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
You know what I hate? Being lied to.

Or more specifically, not 100% being lied to, but enough of the truth to where it's not "really" a lie, but you know it's not the whole story.

Sadly, some people never change.
I know EXactly what you mean, when people try to EXplain something, and it's EXtremely unbelievable, but you've come to EXpect it from them.

brian_griffin is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:23 PM
  #217
Clock
Moderator
 
Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 20,108
vCash: 500
Two points to Griffin-dor!

Clock is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 09:39 PM
  #218
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,471
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
I approve of the previously exchange.

vcv is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 09:48 PM
  #219
BowieSabresFan
Registered User
 
BowieSabresFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
3100 square feet.

The cat has to be ON me at all times. ANNOYING.
Perhaps you need to fully understand the relationship between you and your cat. In other words, you exist to serve the cat.

It's all a matter of perspective.

BowieSabresFan is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 09:55 PM
  #220
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 27,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
I know EXactly what you mean, when people try to EXplain something, and it's EXtremely unbelievable, but you've come to EXpect it from them.
well played

jBuds is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:04 PM
  #221
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 20,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowieSabresFan View Post
Perhaps you need to fully understand the relationship between you and your cat. In other words, you exist to serve the cat.

It's all a matter of perspective.
My cat comes to me in the 10:30-11 range to "tell me" it's time to go to bed. She will look and meow at me from the floor. Then I acknowledge her and she runs towards the bedroom, because she knows it's when I normally go to bed.

(just realized how terribly hilarious this sounds, but I'm leaving it)

Afino is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:15 PM
  #222
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!
 
BuiltTagonTough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 10,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
My cat comes to me in the 10:30-11 range to "tell me" it's time to go to bed. She will look and meow at me from the floor. Then I acknowledge her and she runs towards the bedroom, because she knows it's when I normally go to bed.

(just realized how terribly hilarious this sounds, but I'm leaving it)
Our dog does the same thing.

In other news, Captain Picard is getting married, and Gandalf is officiating the wedding.

http://www.theouthousers.com/******-...-Outhouse.html

BuiltTagonTough is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:22 PM
  #223
ClearedButNotOut
Fixity
 
ClearedButNotOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Satellite of Love
Country: United States
Posts: 1,014
vCash: 500

ClearedButNotOut is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:30 PM
  #224
aceface33
Registered User
 
aceface33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Herkimer, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster View Post
Our dog does the same thing.

In other news, Captain Picard is getting married, and Gandalf is officiating the wedding.

http://www.theouthousers.com/******-...-Outhouse.html
He's officiating his own wedding?


aceface33 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 12:17 AM
  #225
kirby11
Registered User
 
kirby11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
Hey, in 20 years you can look forward to working 10-hour shifts at your job, then having 2 hours more work at home at night (actually, more if you can stay awake to do it after taking care of kids, house, etc.), and dream of having the physical ability to do anything more with a frisbee than to pick it up and throw it in the kids toy bin. Yep, sums up my Monday weekdays and some weekends perfectly.
Touche...I'd hope i'd have a better job than being a cashier at whole foods by then though
But, at the moment, I'd just like to say: **** English papers

kirby11 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.