HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Calle Järnkrok

Old
03-18-2013, 08:09 PM
Flowah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Put him with Zetts and switch Brunner to play with Datsyuk.
Brunner with Datsyuk. Been saying it since the start. But apparently that Z-Brunner chemistry from Europe is too much reputation to punch through.

Flowah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:14 PM
silkyjohnson50*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
Brunner with Datsyuk. Been saying it since the start. But apparently that Z-Brunner chemistry from Europe is too much reputation to punch through.
It's because Datsyuk didn't "request to play with Brunner."

Datsyuk only "requests to play Abdelkader."

silkyjohnson50* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
He improved to 52% on draws this season, 50% in the playoffs. He's not moving Datsyuk out to a wing, but he's getting there. I see Calle as a winger for the first few years.
If Datsyuk leaves after next season, do we really have a few years for Calle to break in on the wing before centering the 2nd line? Kinda think he'll either have to hit the ground running and blow the Wings away to the point of being counted on as Pavel's replacement after next year, or Kenny will have to find a scoring center somewhere else to buy Jarnkrok time to adjust to the NHL game.

Detroit's really up the creek if he doesn't pan out as expected.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:47 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
If Datsyuk leaves after next season, do we really have a few years for Calle to break in on the wing before centering the 2nd line? Kinda think he'll either have to hit the ground running and blow the Wings away to the point of being counted on as Pavel's replacement after next year, or Kenny will have to find a scoring center somewhere else to buy Jarnkrok time to adjust to the NHL game.

We will see how hotly the pursue Weiss, he is a guy I expect the Wings to be interested in and him to be pretty interested in listening to Detroit this off-season.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:47 PM
ricky0034

i'd give him some time in Grand Rapids the rest of this season to adjust to NA a little then stick him on the team from the start of next year personally

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
We will see how hotly the pursue Weiss, he is a guy I expect the Wings to be interested in and him to be pretty interested in listening to Detroit this off-season.
Seems like they have to bring in a vet, right? Lots of variables here...

How fast will Jarnkrok acclimate to the NHL/will he end up being good enough for top 6 C role?

Can Kenny talk Pavel into maybe going year by year after next season, or is he gone?

Can kenny get Pavel to committing one way or another after this season, just so he can plan accordingly? This one's tricky- if he knows for sure that Pavel's done after next season, KH can pursue a scoring C with no hesitation. But I don't think Pavel owes the Wings anything, and should be given the latitude to play it by ear into next season to decide on his future. It'd be great to know for sure asap, but I don't see that being likely.

Hell, maybe bring in a guy like Weiss anyway, just to increase the roster flexibility and allow Z to shift to the wing at times. Just seems with the pending departure of Datsyuk and Z playing well but looking older than his age out there at times, that the Wings are possibly counting on Jarnkrok to meet or exceed their expectations more so than any other prospect they have right now.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:18 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Seems like they have to bring in a vet, right? Lots of variables here...

How fast will Jarnkrok acclimate to the NHL/will he end up being good enough for top 6 C role?

Can Kenny talk Pavel into maybe going year by year after next season, or is he gone?

Can kenny get Pavel to committing one way or another after this season, just so he can plan accordingly? This one's tricky- if he knows for sure that Pavel's done after next season, KH can pursue a scoring C with no hesitation. But I don't think Pavel owes the Wings anything, and should be given the latitude to play it by ear into next season to decide on his future. It'd be great to know for sure asap, but I don't see that being likely.

Hell, maybe bring in a guy like Weiss anyway, just to increase the roster flexibility and allow Z to shift to the wing at times. Just seems with the pending departure of Datsyuk and Z playing well but looking older than his age out there at times, that the Wings are possibly counting on Jarnkrok to meet or exceed their expectations more so than any other prospect they have right now.
Also curious if they view Sheahan as a top 6 center again after his adjustment to the pro level. Now keep in mind he isn't blowing Abdelkader's numbers out of the water or anything when he was in Grand Rapids. But he has probably restored some of the faith they had in him when they drafted him at least offensively with this past season.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:50 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
Same.
Zetterberg with Franzen, Datsyuk with Brunner.

It's elementary.

Franzen shoots and plays best with Z, who loves to shoot.

Datsyuk needs a guy like Brunner. Pavel would spring this kid for breakways and set him up for chances.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:57 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Also curious if they view Sheahan as a top 6 center again after his adjustment to the pro level. Now keep in mind he isn't blowing Abdelkader's numbers out of the water or anything when he was in Grand Rapids. But he has probably restored some of the faith they had in him when they drafted him at least offensively with this past season.
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see where Sheahan ends up in the lineup. I think you're one of the big Sheahan fans on the board, right? Anyway, I'd love for us to end up with a physical C in the top 6 at some point, it would give a different look opposite Z's line/finesse line. Or maybe he ends up centering the 3rd line and Helm shifts to the wing.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:09 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see where Sheahan ends up in the lineup. I think you're one of the big Sheahan fans on the board, right? Anyway, I'd love for us to end up with a physical C in the top 6 at some point, it would give a different look opposite Z's line/finesse line. Or maybe he ends up centering the 3rd line and Helm shifts to the wing.
Yeah he is probably a Jarrett Stoll type, second/third line tweener that is a dynamite special teams player. Hopeful more consistent than Stoll who has actual crossed the 60 point mark in his career. But he could be a #2 still, Helm at the 3 hole does make it an interesting exercise. Helm is too good to be a fourth line center, but Sheahan will likely be a better #3 if it end up he cannot crack the top 6.

I am a big fan he has a lot of tools to work with and a smart hockey IQ. We will see what he becomes, he has made an outstanding transition to pro hockey, but so did Abdelkader. Of course Sheahan was always believed to have a higher ceiling.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:21 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

So is this thread about Calle Jarnkrok, or more thinly-veiled shots at Wings management?

Because it's getting hard to tell.

Did his team get swept? Any news on that front?

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:24 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
So is this thread about Calle Jarnkrok, or more thinly-veiled shots at Wings management?

Because it's getting hard to tell.
Calle Janrkrok...?

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:31 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Yeah he is probably a Jarrett Stoll type, second/third line tweener that is a dynamite special teams player. Hopeful more consistent than Stoll who has actual crossed the 60 point mark in his career. But he could be a #2 still, Helm at the 3 hole does make it an interesting exercise. Helm is too good to be a fourth line center, but Sheahan will likely be a better #3 if it end up he cannot crack the top 6.

I am a big fan he has a lot of tools to work with and a smart hockey IQ. We will see what he becomes, he has made an outstanding transition to pro hockey, but so did Abdelkader. Of course Sheahan was always believed to have a higher ceiling.
Don't want to derail another thread here, but I hope his ceiling is higher than Abby's, and that he reaches it

I'd love for him to show enough in GR to get a real crack at the Wings lineup in the next year or 2. It would get a little crowded at the C position in the bottom 9 with Helm, Andersson, Emmerton and Sheahan, but they could move Emmerton in a deal (and Andersson too if we end up with enough good wingers). It'd be great to have solid depth down the middle, and maybe Sheahan could be good enough offensively to play top 6 mins at C if D or Z get banged up.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:40 PM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeghoul View Post
If he's healthy he should be added to the Wings roster right now and immediately center the second line. He'd easily be one of the five most talented forwards on the team at worst, time to stop ****ing around with the young talent and actually use it.
Uhh... what??

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:44 PM
Crymson
Fire Holland

lol @ the turn this thread has taken. "This Jarnkrok guy is awesome. Holland is a moron for keeping him Europe, and Babcock is an idiot for not playing him!"

Are you aware of how ridiculously circumstantial and arbitrary that is? Some of you are talking as if the next superstar is being held away from supremacy. Jarnkrok is a 21-year-old who weighs a whopping 165 pounds and hasn't played a game in North America yet. He has a lot of potential, but as things stand right now he's completely unproven, and he'd get thrown around like a rag doll in the NHL.

Give me a break.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:47 PM
sarcastro

I'd like to see him get some time with the Griffs and maybe help them go on a Calder run. I don't think he'll get a look at the NHL level unless they have even more injuries up front though - the only AHL forward that's still up is Andersson and there's no room for him either once people get healthy.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:48 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
lol @ the turn this thread has taken. "This Jarnkrok guy is awesome. Holland is a moron for keeping him Europe, and Babcock is an idiot for not playing him!"

Are you aware of how ridiculously circumstantial and arbitrary that is? Some of you are talking as if the next superstar is being held away from supremacy. Jarnkrok is a 21-year-old who weighs a whopping 165 pounds and hasn't played a game in North America yet. He has a lot of potential, but as things stand right now he'd get thrown around like a ragdoll, and he's completely unproven.

Give me a break.
Pllease. Nobody has said anything like that at all.

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:54 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:

Are you aware of how ridiculously circumstantial and arbitrary that is? Some of you are talking as if the next superstar is being held away from supremacy. Jarnkrok is a 21-year-old who weighs a whopping 165 pounds and hasn't played a game in North America yet. He has a lot of potential, but as things stand right now he'd get thrown around like a ragdoll, and he's completely unproven.

Give me a break.
I think there's been a grand total of one post in this thread that's remotely along the lines of "This Jarnkrok guy is awesome. Holland is a moron for keeping him Europe, and Babcock is an idiot for not playing him!," and you already pointed that out in your previous post.

Nobody else is saying that Holland and Babcock are keeping the next Zetterberg/Crosby/Gretzky under wraps for this season. I'm not saying that there aren't threads containing a lot of unfounded optimism on prospects, but this isn't one of them... bit of an over-the-top lashing out from you here. At times, it kinda seems like you hate the posters on the board far more than you like the team (IMHO).

Last edited by Brick Top: 03-18-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Old
03-18-2013, 11:09 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:

Are you aware of how ridiculously circumstantial and arbitrary that is? Some of you are talking as if the next superstar is being held away from supremacy. Jarnkrok is a 21-year-old who weighs a whopping 165 pounds and hasn't played a game in North America yet. He has a lot of potential, but as things stand right now he's completely unproven, and he'd get thrown around like a rag doll in the NHL.

Give me a break.
By the way Jarnkrok isn't remotely that small anymore, he is also probably an inch taller. Those were his SEL numbers entering the season after he was drafted. Last I heard on measurements he was 6'0" 176 lbs, but is said to be over 180 these days. Guess we will hopefully find out when he weighs in for the Griffins shortly.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:27 PM
VladTheImpaler
Go Wings

The Wings seem to prize him as much (if not more) than any of their other prospects. That said, I would still be shocked if they brought him over and gave him some immediate time with the Wings. Once Helm is back we have a log jam at center, and it's unlikely they would give Calle a shot at wing in the top-six as evident by Nyquist being nailed to the bench during his time with Detroit this year.

VladTheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:40 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladTheImpaler View Post
The Wings seem to prize him as much (if not more) than any of their other prospects. That said, I would still be shocked if they brought him over and gave him some immediate time with the Wings. Once Helm is back we have a log jam at center, and it's unlikely they would give Calle a shot at wing in the top-six as evident by Nyquist being nailed to the bench during his time with Detroit this year.
Well Helm coming back real soon took a bit of a hit today, guessing we will find out more tomorrow, but seems like he could be out for a while again.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:58 PM
joe89

Quote:
By the way Jarnkrok isn't remotely that small anymore, he is also probably an inch taller. Those were his SEL numbers entering the season after he was drafted. Last I heard on measurements he was 6'0" 176 lbs, but is said to be over 180 these days. Guess we will hopefully find out when he weighs in for the Griffins shortly.
The league lists him at 5'11½, 180. By watching him play, that's probably pretty accurate. He's gone a long way since being drafted but has to work hard in the gym going forward aswell. You want him up to 190.

Quote:

I don't think it's reasonable to think he will have that type of impact in his first couple of seasons. Maybe by the 15/16 season he can be that legitimate 2nd line center if things go as you hope. Even if a lot of the initial draft risk is gone, he's still far from a sure thing.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:07 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Is Jarnkrok a faster or more powerful skater than Nyquist?

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:04 AM
DRWCountryClub

Some Patrick Kane guy is listed at 5'11, 181lbs. I bet he's too small and weak to excel in the NHL. Hawks must be idiots for having him up with the big club, if he was on the Wings he'd be in the AHL where he belongs!

/sarcasm

Seriously, people overrate size way too much on this board, on this team, and around the league. The top five scorers right now are all 6'0 or under, and only Crosby weighs 200lbs.

If Jarnkork has the skills, get him in the NHL or some seasoning in the AHL. And if Sheahan is good enough to be the teams 3rd liner(aka better than Helm) get him on the third line. Where did this notion come from that Helm is too good to be a fourth liner? This is a team that used to have Lucky Luc and Larionov on the fourth line. Let's have a guy who's too good to be on the fourth line on the fourth line because it makes the team better than others...

DRWCountryClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:43 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty View Post
If Jarnkork has the skills, get him in the NHL or some seasoning in the AHL. And if Sheahan is good enough to be the teams 3rd liner(aka better than Helm) get him on the third line. Where did this notion come from that Helm is too good to be a fourth liner? This is a team that used to have Lucky Luc and Larionov on the fourth line. Let's have a guy who's too good to be on the fourth line on the fourth line because it makes the team better than others...
The notion came when the cap came in, we already overpay the depth guys right now a little too much. If you have Helm and Tootoo down there that is four million without the other guy, too much for my liking.

I get what you are getting at, I just don't like using non-cap world comparisons to make the point. Sure Sheahan could still be cheap on an entry level and the minutes can be tinkered around with, but I have no faith in Babcock to actually follow that plan either. When given the young guys he doesn't distribute the minutes if it costs his guys. So yes the hope is Sheahan becomes second line guy, because otherwise Helm and Andersson have him in big trouble because Babcock loves them.