HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-18-2013, 05:29 PM
  #76
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Major Leafs fan??

Leafs fans can be just as clueless as any other hockey team's fans.

Blaming Orr is a nice deflection away from the Leaf's main problem. They suck at defense as a whole.
What does that have to do with Orr or the article?

Yes the Leafs have other problems, no one ever said otherwise.

You essentially attacked a position that no one ever took. Kinda weird.

Dr Gonzo is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 05:36 PM
  #77
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,212
vCash: 500
Leafs aren't as bad as is being portrayed (can't believe I am incessantly defending those chumps).

It's pretty obvious that their goalies are not helping them much. They've had a string of losses, but it's not like they're the flyers or struggling mightily like the rangers. They've lost some close games, just a few more than we have. They do have an offense (now that lupul is back) that is very dangerous. They win faceoffs and are good on the PP. Their D isn't that bad although lately Phaneuf has been returned to his usual gaffe-prone self. If they didn't have Carlyle, who knows how to win unlike Wilson, they would collapse, but he's doing a good job of developing a system for them. Kadri has been extremely solid for them so really their only weakness is failing to bring Jake Gardiner up. I think them against Boston would be a very entertaining series.

As for Orr, I tend to agree that he doesn't help them play better hockey at all. It's more of a fangasm surrounding the truculence obsession. I certainly hope that they continue their losing streak, but I think they're about to turn it around and get back on track. That's why we need to make sure we win the games we're supposed to (I know, Gorges doesn't follow that perspective, but as fans, you know which teams I mean).

habtastic is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 06:37 PM
  #78
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,134
vCash: 597
Strangely intrigued by this PHI @ TB game. It's basically a do or die game for both. Loser is pretty much done.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
03-18-2013, 06:46 PM
  #79
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Plekanec play decrease when Moen is on is side. So Moen hurt the team

bud12 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 06:47 PM
  #80
The Russian General
Força Portugal
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 11,658
vCash: 500
I'm hoping for a Rags win over the Canes in a three points game. I want the Leafs out of the playoffs.

The Russian General is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 06:51 PM
  #81
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,134
vCash: 597
More spectacular Flyers defence+goaltending. 1-0 Bolts.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
03-18-2013, 06:57 PM
  #82
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,375
vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Strangely intrigued by this PHI @ TB game. It's basically a do or die game for both. Loser is pretty much done.
If TB wins they catch PHI and both teams will be 4 pts out, are you sure they would be done?

Team_Spirit is online now  
Old
03-18-2013, 07:05 PM
  #83
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,134
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
If TB wins they catch PHI and both teams will be 4 pts out, are you sure they would be done?
Not mathematically, but realistically, yes. PHI loses in regulation and they are 3 games under .500 with 18 games left. If you figure that it takes 54 points to get in (6 games over .500), that means the Flyers would need to go 13-4-1. That's daunting.

A regulation loss puts TB 4 games under .500 with 19 games left. Again, you are looking at 14-4-1 or something close.

Talbot has tied it.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
03-18-2013, 07:46 PM
  #84
peate
Habs fan 4 life.
 
peate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,567
vCash: 2007
Watching Flyers Tampa game makes me realize how fortunate we are to have such a good team this year. Tuning it off now, can't stand to watch.

peate is online now  
Old
03-18-2013, 07:46 PM
  #85
sakiaba
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
I'm hoping for a Rags win over the Canes in a three points game. I want the Leafs out of the playoffs.
If the Habs weren't having such a good season, I would agree wholeheartedly, as few things are as amusing as the Toronto fans and sports media in full meltdown mode. But I'm rather afraid of what the Rangers might do if they sort themselves out and get into the playoffs.

sakiaba is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 07:55 PM
  #86
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,138
vCash: 500
Hoping for a 3 point game between carolina and NYR. Makes toronto sweat and puts more distance between teams like nashville and calgary in the draft

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:10 PM
  #87
Bloumeister
Certifiable
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: in a padded cell
Posts: 5,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Hoping for a 3 point game between carolina and NYR. Makes toronto sweat and puts more distance between teams like nashville and calgary in the draft
Cole scored against Calgary. Maybe the trade was part of the plan

Bloumeister is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:15 PM
  #88
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,134
vCash: 597
2-0 Dallas now.

Make it 3-0!

4 minutes away from the 3 point game between CAR and NYR.

Colorado is baaad. Chicago races out to a 2-0 lead.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:25 PM
  #89
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,138
vCash: 500
yeahhhhh. 3 point game in the NYR CAR game. Dallas up 3-0 on calgary. Tampa game is tied too going into the second. good night.

Carolina automatically bumps toronto down a spot.

overlords is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:25 PM
  #90
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Hoping for a 3 point game between carolina and NYR. Makes toronto sweat and puts more distance between teams like nashville and calgary in the draft
Carolina and NYR goes to OT!

sharks9 is online now  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:34 PM
  #91
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Carolina and NYR goes to OT!
Good stuff. Lets hope that tampa game goes to OT as well!

overlords is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:37 PM
  #92
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,561
vCash: 179
nights when montreal arent playing arent as interesting when the playoff spot is so secure.








its feeling very strange saying that

Raider917 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:42 PM
  #93
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
Watching Flyers Tampa game makes me realize how fortunate we are to have such a good team this year. Tuning it off now, can't stand to watch.
This has been a strange year for many teams. Tampa, Flyers, Rangers sucks, Habs in first place, Leafs playing well.

Kimota is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:43 PM
  #94
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,134
vCash: 597
Rangers win the shootout. Leafs playoff cushion down to 2 small little points.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:46 PM
  #95
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,967
vCash: 500
Take that Malone!!!

EveryDay is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:48 PM
  #96
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
This has been a strange year for many teams. Tampa, Flyers, Rangers sucks, Habs in first place, Leafs playing well.
Whoa there, cowboy.

overlords is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:50 PM
  #97
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,126
vCash: 500
Weird "tripping" call on Gudas for the butt check. 2min for having too much back

Roulin is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 09:08 PM
  #98
The Russian General
Força Portugal
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 11,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Rangers win the shootout. Leafs playoff cushion down to 2 small little points.
Yes!

The Russian General is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 09:21 PM
  #99
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,238
vCash: 500
Isles and Rangers have one game in hand over the Leafs!

ChoseLa is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 09:22 PM
  #100
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Leafs aren't as bad as is being portrayed (can't believe I am incessantly defending those chumps).

It's pretty obvious that their goalies are not helping them much. They've had a string of losses, but it's not like they're the flyers or struggling mightily like the rangers. They've lost some close games, just a few more than we have. They do have an offense (now that lupul is back) that is very dangerous. They win faceoffs and are good on the PP. Their D isn't that bad although lately Phaneuf has been returned to his usual gaffe-prone self. If they didn't have Carlyle, who knows how to win unlike Wilson, they would collapse, but he's doing a good job of developing a system for them. Kadri has been extremely solid for them so really their only weakness is failing to bring Jake Gardiner up. I think them against Boston would be a very entertaining series.

As for Orr, I tend to agree that he doesn't help them play better hockey at all. It's more of a fangasm surrounding the truculence obsession. I certainly hope that they continue their losing streak, but I think they're about to turn it around and get back on track. That's why we need to make sure we win the games we're supposed to (I know, Gorges doesn't follow that perspective, but as fans, you know which teams I mean).
How are they going to be transformed into winners or even become competitive when they can't win their regular season games against the Bruins?

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.