HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [24-30-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 3.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-16-2013, 12:04 AM
  #776
TroyM
Registered User
 
TroyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,997
vCash: 500
Can anyone give me a general sense of the line up from the last few games? I've missed a bunch of Hamilton games lately and the team probably looks completely different at this point in terms of its line make up.

EDIT:

My guess;

Tenute-Bournival-Holland
Leblanc-Nokelainen-Quailer
Avtsin-Chaput-Murovich
Stortini-Leveille-Hagel

Beaulieu-Pateryn
St.Denis-Ellis
Stejskal-Merth


Last edited by TroyM: 03-16-2013 at 12:42 AM.
TroyM is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 12:31 AM
  #777
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best
 
Aspirine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valois View Post
I don't get why Avtsin is always scratched because he's not the worst player and he has nice hair compared to the others.
Awesome dude!

Aspirine is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 02:01 AM
  #778
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen
 
HabsProspectsExpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 539
vCash: 500
With Dumont now with the Habs, there are good chances that the best scorer of hamilton will finish with less than 40 points. Really bad year for the Dogs.

HabsProspectsExpert is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:01 AM
  #779
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsProspectsExpert View Post
With Dumont now with the Habs, there are good chances that the best scorer of hamilton will finish with less than 40 points. Really bad year for the Dogs.
Yes it is.

At the same time it's impressive that they're only 4 games under .500

Analyzer is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 05:58 PM
  #780
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,470
vCash: 500
Beaulieu with a good start to the game, had a sweet pas to set up Holland who recent broke his 20 game goalless streak. Beaulieu set up another goal as well as the 3rd line of Hagel Murdovich Lefebvre gets 2 big goals, 1 from Murdovich on a nice shot and the 2nd from Lefebvre as he potted Murdovich's rebound after the goalie robbed him.

Stejskal on the top pairing with Beaulieu, he's been playing his best hockey to date since turning pro. Torarski in net, couldn't be faulted for the lone goal against as it was tipped off a turnover.

montreal is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:19 PM
  #781
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Beaulieu with a good start to the game, had a sweet pas to set up Holland who recent broke his 20 game goalless streak. Beaulieu set up another goal as well as the 3rd line of Hagel Murdovich Lefebvre gets 2 big goals, 1 from Murdovich on a nice shot and the 2nd from Lefebvre as he potted Murdovich's rebound after the goalie robbed him.

Stejskal on the top pairing with Beaulieu, he's been playing his best hockey to date since turning pro. Torarski in net, couldn't be faulted for the lone goal against as it was tipped off a turnover.
Lone goal ? Dogs lost 4-3. Was that a sum up of another game ?

Analyzer is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 03:06 PM
  #782
That
Registered User
 
That's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,965
vCash: 500
Brady Vail will be heading to Hamilton after his final game today. It was mentioned in an interview with Vail in the second intermission.

He also mentioned that he spoke to management about playing defence, and they had no problem with it as they felt it could make him a more complete player.

That is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 03:29 PM
  #783
LaurentHabs
Wat.
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Brady Vail will be heading to Hamilton after his final game today. It was mentioned in an interview with Vail in the second intermission.

He also mentioned that he spoke to management about playing defence, and they had no problem with it as they felt it could make him a more complete player.
Quick! Lets get the scoop on Twitter

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 03:35 PM
  #784
Guilliam
Registered User
 
Guilliam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
We haven't heard much about Ellis in a while. Granted that it could be a good thing for a defenseman, I'd like to get some feedback on him from people who have watched the dogs regularly. Do you guys stillthink he has NHL potential?

Guilliam is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 03:42 PM
  #785
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Brady Vail will be heading to Hamilton after his final game today. It was mentioned in an interview with Vail in the second intermission.

He also mentioned that he spoke to management about playing defence, and they had no problem with it as they felt it could make him a more complete player.
A more complete player? Oh no...the old times are back again...

Great news to see him with the Dogs? So...he's signing a Dogs contract? Or a Habs contract?

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 03:47 PM
  #786
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Quick! Lets get the scoop on Twitter
Seriously, does That use Twitter? This guy deserves credit

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 03:48 PM
  #787
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
A more complete player? Oh no...the old times are back again...

Great news to see him with the Dogs? So...he's signing a Dogs contract? Or a Habs contract?
Vail still has another year of juniors doesn't he?

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 03:50 PM
  #788
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Vail still has another year of juniors doesn't he?
Yup, but he could still sign his ELC if the Habs wanted to. Habsprospects is the expert on this but I believe they could sign him to a PTO for the remaining of the year.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 03:50 PM
  #789
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Vail still has another year of juniors doesn't he?
Yes. But you could sign a contract anyway. In reality, he only needs to be signed in 2014. Yep, if we have the space....this signing is anyway an automatic. Vail will be signed anyway. In 2014, only Cichy will be let go. Everyboyd else will be signed...even Nystrom.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 07:53 PM
  #790
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Yup, but he could still sign his ELC if the Habs wanted to. Habsprospects is the expert on this but I believe they could sign him to a PTO for the remaining of the year.
I don't see us giving him his ELC with him having to go back in OHL next season, but with or without the ELC, he'd sign an amateur tryout to join the Bulldogs this season.

habsprospects is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 09:48 AM
  #791
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
We haven't heard much about Ellis in a while. Granted that it could be a good thing for a defenseman, I'd like to get some feedback on him from people who have watched the dogs regularly. Do you guys stillthink he has NHL potential?
He still has NHL potential but has had his share of ups and downs this season. Would like to see him get quicker, work on his skating. A couple years in Hamilton should be good for him.

montreal is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:56 AM
  #792
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
He still has NHL potential but has had his share of ups and downs this season. Would like to see him get quicker, work on his skating. A couple years in Hamilton should be good for him.
I was a Ellis fan. Still is. But it's entirely possible that a guy like Dietz pass him on the depth chart. Has more the quickness that Ellis wishes to have. I used to compare both, I also felt Dietz had to work on his quickness as well but geez did he seem to have done that this year. A whole lot of competition coming. In 2-4 years, we will have to have our eyes in Montreal, Hamilton and Wheeling to follow our prospects. 'Cause despite all that youth coming, I still hope there's a room for at least 1 Alex Henry....our guys will still be a very young group even in 2 years. So I prefer to see a Thrower, a Didier or maybe even a Bennett (though I do see him more in Hamilton) play often in Wheeling than not playing in Hamilton. Chances are we will let go Stejskal at one point don't you think?

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 07:33 PM
  #793
Guilliam
Registered User
 
Guilliam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
Thanks guys. In order to manage my expectations, I always said that if two of Dietz, Stejskal, Pateryn and Ellis can become full time NHL'ers our defense would be in pretty good shape. I always thought that Ellis was the surest bet of all, now it seems like Dietz and Pateryn have the best odds.

Guilliam is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:00 PM
  #794
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I was a Ellis fan. Still is. But it's entirely possible that a guy like Dietz pass him on the depth chart. Has more the quickness that Ellis wishes to have. I used to compare both, I also felt Dietz had to work on his quickness as well but geez did he seem to have done that this year. A whole lot of competition coming. In 2-4 years, we will have to have our eyes in Montreal, Hamilton and Wheeling to follow our prospects. 'Cause despite all that youth coming, I still hope there's a room for at least 1 Alex Henry....our guys will still be a very young group even in 2 years. So I prefer to see a Thrower, a Didier or maybe even a Bennett (though I do see him more in Hamilton) play often in Wheeling than not playing in Hamilton. Chances are we will let go Stejskal at one point don't you think?
Ellis also looked really good in his final year in the CHL, so we'll see how it goes for Dietz (and Thrower as I really don't see how he isn't a pro next year) as it's very hard to guess how any prospect is going to handle the jump from the CHL to the AHL.

I also hope they find a way to get a vet like Henry, I thought St-Denis would be better then he's been this year though (that can be said for many of the Dogs players, which seems like a trend to me) But at the same time, I don't know how they will manage to do so even if Nygren stays in the SEL and Bennett doesn't turn pro. But we'll see if anthing goes down at the trade deadline or in the off-season as we now have some D prospects that might be of interest to other teams trying to rebuild.

I don't know what they will do with Stejskal but before I would have said he's gone for sure, now not so sure as he has improved a lot. I really liked him at Dartmouth as he was a hitting machine but as a pro it's like he forgot how to take the body (likely didn't have confidence to do so) but of late he's been more physical and looks more relaxed out there. If we didn't have so many D prospects slated for Hamilton next year I would say he may have done enough to get a contract in the off-season as extra depth but depending on how things go on the trade front, it's going to be tight for him as there is likely going to be very little room on Hamilton's blueline next season.

montreal is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:19 PM
  #795
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Ellis also looked really good in his final year in the CHL, so we'll see how it goes for Dietz (and Thrower as I really don't see how he isn't a pro next year) as it's very hard to guess how any prospect is going to handle the jump from the CHL to the AHL.

I also hope they find a way to get a vet like Henry, I thought St-Denis would be better then he's been this year though (that can be said for many of the Dogs players, which seems like a trend to me) But at the same time, I don't know how they will manage to do so even if Nygren stays in the SEL and Bennett doesn't turn pro. But we'll see if anthing goes down at the trade deadline or in the off-season as we now have some D prospects that might be of interest to other teams trying to rebuild.

I don't know what they will do with Stejskal but before I would have said he's gone for sure, now not so sure as he has improved a lot. I really liked him at Dartmouth as he was a hitting machine but as a pro it's like he forgot how to take the body (likely didn't have confidence to do so) but of late he's been more physical and looks more relaxed out there. If we didn't have so many D prospects slated for Hamilton next year I would say he may have done enough to get a contract in the off-season as extra depth but depending on how things go on the trade front, it's going to be tight for him as there is likely going to be very little room on Hamilton's blueline next season.
Or you keep Stejskal and ask him to play a key role in Wheeling. Wouldn't be bad to still have that kind of depth. Especially if he's not alone in the Habs prospect pool to play there.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:13 PM
  #796
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,851
vCash: 500
You think of how poor Hamilton has done this season you think they will find a new head coach in the summer?

HamiltonOHL is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 10:48 AM
  #797
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Or you keep Stejskal and ask him to play a key role in Wheeling. Wouldn't be bad to still have that kind of depth. Especially if he's not alone in the Habs prospect pool to play there.
I wouldn't mind bringing Stejskal back, as he would bring some depth and he's a guy you could leave in the press box for the Dogs and not have to worry about him not getting ice time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamiltonOHL View Post
You think of how poor Hamilton has done this season you think they will find a new head coach in the summer?
That's a good question. I fear they won't, and it would be nice to go into a season without having a new set of coaches every year but at the same time something is very wrong as many players are all having their worst seasons (outside of Dumont). But we'll have to wait and see what happens this summer.

montreal is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 10:57 AM
  #798
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,222
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsProspectsExpert View Post
With Dumont now with the Habs, there are good chances that the best scorer of hamilton will finish with less than 40 points. Really bad year for the Dogs.
True but most expected this with such a young team. It was a learning season for most. Losing Geoffrion and others to injuries early on didn't help.

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 11:38 AM
  #799
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,194
vCash: 500
Do you think that Hudon, Archambault, Bozon, Dietz, Thrower, Kristo or Bennett will join Dogs for the last few games ?

zzoo is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 12:21 PM
  #800
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,990
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Do you think that Hudon, Archambault, Bozon, Dietz, Thrower, Kristo or Bennett will join Dogs for the last few games ?
It depends on how deep their teams go in the play-offs.
Hudon should be out first round.
Archambault, I'm not sure, but he should be with the Dogs next season.
Bozon has a good team, so I doubt it.
Dietz & Thrower are Memorial Cup hosts, they'll be there next season.
Kristo will join after the NCAA play-offs are done.
Bennett should turn pro but that may not be done until the summer.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.