HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [24-30-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2013, 12:04 AM
TroyM

vCash: 500
Can anyone give me a general sense of the line up from the last few games? I've missed a bunch of Hamilton games lately and the team probably looks completely different at this point in terms of its line make up.

EDIT:

My guess;

Tenute-Bournival-Holland
Leblanc-Nokelainen-Quailer
Avtsin-Chaput-Murovich
Stortini-Leveille-Hagel

Beaulieu-Pateryn
St.Denis-Ellis
Stejskal-Merth

Last edited by TroyM: 03-16-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old
03-16-2013, 12:31 AM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valois View Post
I don't get why Avtsin is always scratched because he's not the worst player and he has nice hair compared to the others.
Awesome dude!

Old
03-16-2013, 02:01 AM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

With Dumont now with the Habs, there are good chances that the best scorer of hamilton will finish with less than 40 points. Really bad year for the Dogs.

Old
03-16-2013, 09:01 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsProspectsExpert View Post
With Dumont now with the Habs, there are good chances that the best scorer of hamilton will finish with less than 40 points. Really bad year for the Dogs.
Yes it is.

At the same time it's impressive that they're only 4 games under .500

Old
03-16-2013, 05:58 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Beaulieu with a good start to the game, had a sweet pas to set up Holland who recent broke his 20 game goalless streak. Beaulieu set up another goal as well as the 3rd line of Hagel Murdovich Lefebvre gets 2 big goals, 1 from Murdovich on a nice shot and the 2nd from Lefebvre as he potted Murdovich's rebound after the goalie robbed him.

Stejskal on the top pairing with Beaulieu, he's been playing his best hockey to date since turning pro. Torarski in net, couldn't be faulted for the lone goal against as it was tipped off a turnover.

Old
03-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Beaulieu with a good start to the game, had a sweet pas to set up Holland who recent broke his 20 game goalless streak. Beaulieu set up another goal as well as the 3rd line of Hagel Murdovich Lefebvre gets 2 big goals, 1 from Murdovich on a nice shot and the 2nd from Lefebvre as he potted Murdovich's rebound after the goalie robbed him.

Stejskal on the top pairing with Beaulieu, he's been playing his best hockey to date since turning pro. Torarski in net, couldn't be faulted for the lone goal against as it was tipped off a turnover.
Lone goal ? Dogs lost 4-3. Was that a sum up of another game ?

Old
03-17-2013, 03:06 PM
That

Brady Vail will be heading to Hamilton after his final game today. It was mentioned in an interview with Vail in the second intermission.

He also mentioned that he spoke to management about playing defence, and they had no problem with it as they felt it could make him a more complete player.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:29 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Brady Vail will be heading to Hamilton after his final game today. It was mentioned in an interview with Vail in the second intermission.

He also mentioned that he spoke to management about playing defence, and they had no problem with it as they felt it could make him a more complete player.
Quick! Lets get the scoop on Twitter

Old
03-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Guilliam

We haven't heard much about Ellis in a while. Granted that it could be a good thing for a defenseman, I'd like to get some feedback on him from people who have watched the dogs regularly. Do you guys stillthink he has NHL potential?

Old
03-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post

A more complete player? Oh no...the old times are back again...

Great news to see him with the Dogs? So...he's signing a Dogs contract? Or a Habs contract?

Old
03-17-2013, 03:47 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Quick! Lets get the scoop on Twitter
Seriously, does That use Twitter? This guy deserves credit

Old
03-17-2013, 03:48 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
A more complete player? Oh no...the old times are back again...

Great news to see him with the Dogs? So...he's signing a Dogs contract? Or a Habs contract?
Vail still has another year of juniors doesn't he?

Old
03-17-2013, 03:50 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Yup, but he could still sign his ELC if the Habs wanted to. Habsprospects is the expert on this but I believe they could sign him to a PTO for the remaining of the year.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:50 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Yes. But you could sign a contract anyway. In reality, he only needs to be signed in 2014. Yep, if we have the space....this signing is anyway an automatic. Vail will be signed anyway. In 2014, only Cichy will be let go. Everyboyd else will be signed...even Nystrom.

Old
03-17-2013, 07:53 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Yup, but he could still sign his ELC if the Habs wanted to. Habsprospects is the expert on this but I believe they could sign him to a PTO for the remaining of the year.
I don't see us giving him his ELC with him having to go back in OHL next season, but with or without the ELC, he'd sign an amateur tryout to join the Bulldogs this season.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:48 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
We haven't heard much about Ellis in a while. Granted that it could be a good thing for a defenseman, I'd like to get some feedback on him from people who have watched the dogs regularly. Do you guys stillthink he has NHL potential?
He still has NHL potential but has had his share of ups and downs this season. Would like to see him get quicker, work on his skating. A couple years in Hamilton should be good for him.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
He still has NHL potential but has had his share of ups and downs this season. Would like to see him get quicker, work on his skating. A couple years in Hamilton should be good for him.
I was a Ellis fan. Still is. But it's entirely possible that a guy like Dietz pass him on the depth chart. Has more the quickness that Ellis wishes to have. I used to compare both, I also felt Dietz had to work on his quickness as well but geez did he seem to have done that this year. A whole lot of competition coming. In 2-4 years, we will have to have our eyes in Montreal, Hamilton and Wheeling to follow our prospects. 'Cause despite all that youth coming, I still hope there's a room for at least 1 Alex Henry....our guys will still be a very young group even in 2 years. So I prefer to see a Thrower, a Didier or maybe even a Bennett (though I do see him more in Hamilton) play often in Wheeling than not playing in Hamilton. Chances are we will let go Stejskal at one point don't you think?

Old
03-18-2013, 07:33 PM
Guilliam

Thanks guys. In order to manage my expectations, I always said that if two of Dietz, Stejskal, Pateryn and Ellis can become full time NHL'ers our defense would be in pretty good shape. I always thought that Ellis was the surest bet of all, now it seems like Dietz and Pateryn have the best odds.

Old
03-18-2013, 08:00 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I was a Ellis fan. Still is. But it's entirely possible that a guy like Dietz pass him on the depth chart. Has more the quickness that Ellis wishes to have. I used to compare both, I also felt Dietz had to work on his quickness as well but geez did he seem to have done that this year. A whole lot of competition coming. In 2-4 years, we will have to have our eyes in Montreal, Hamilton and Wheeling to follow our prospects. 'Cause despite all that youth coming, I still hope there's a room for at least 1 Alex Henry....our guys will still be a very young group even in 2 years. So I prefer to see a Thrower, a Didier or maybe even a Bennett (though I do see him more in Hamilton) play often in Wheeling than not playing in Hamilton. Chances are we will let go Stejskal at one point don't you think?
Ellis also looked really good in his final year in the CHL, so we'll see how it goes for Dietz (and Thrower as I really don't see how he isn't a pro next year) as it's very hard to guess how any prospect is going to handle the jump from the CHL to the AHL.

I also hope they find a way to get a vet like Henry, I thought St-Denis would be better then he's been this year though (that can be said for many of the Dogs players, which seems like a trend to me) But at the same time, I don't know how they will manage to do so even if Nygren stays in the SEL and Bennett doesn't turn pro. But we'll see if anthing goes down at the trade deadline or in the off-season as we now have some D prospects that might be of interest to other teams trying to rebuild.

I don't know what they will do with Stejskal but before I would have said he's gone for sure, now not so sure as he has improved a lot. I really liked him at Dartmouth as he was a hitting machine but as a pro it's like he forgot how to take the body (likely didn't have confidence to do so) but of late he's been more physical and looks more relaxed out there. If we didn't have so many D prospects slated for Hamilton next year I would say he may have done enough to get a contract in the off-season as extra depth but depending on how things go on the trade front, it's going to be tight for him as there is likely going to be very little room on Hamilton's blueline next season.

Old
03-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Ellis also looked really good in his final year in the CHL, so we'll see how it goes for Dietz (and Thrower as I really don't see how he isn't a pro next year) as it's very hard to guess how any prospect is going to handle the jump from the CHL to the AHL.

I also hope they find a way to get a vet like Henry, I thought St-Denis would be better then he's been this year though (that can be said for many of the Dogs players, which seems like a trend to me) But at the same time, I don't know how they will manage to do so even if Nygren stays in the SEL and Bennett doesn't turn pro. But we'll see if anthing goes down at the trade deadline or in the off-season as we now have some D prospects that might be of interest to other teams trying to rebuild.

I don't know what they will do with Stejskal but before I would have said he's gone for sure, now not so sure as he has improved a lot. I really liked him at Dartmouth as he was a hitting machine but as a pro it's like he forgot how to take the body (likely didn't have confidence to do so) but of late he's been more physical and looks more relaxed out there. If we didn't have so many D prospects slated for Hamilton next year I would say he may have done enough to get a contract in the off-season as extra depth but depending on how things go on the trade front, it's going to be tight for him as there is likely going to be very little room on Hamilton's blueline next season.
Or you keep Stejskal and ask him to play a key role in Wheeling. Wouldn't be bad to still have that kind of depth. Especially if he's not alone in the Habs prospect pool to play there.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:13 PM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

You think of how poor Hamilton has done this season you think they will find a new head coach in the summer?

Old
03-19-2013, 10:48 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Or you keep Stejskal and ask him to play a key role in Wheeling. Wouldn't be bad to still have that kind of depth. Especially if he's not alone in the Habs prospect pool to play there.
I wouldn't mind bringing Stejskal back, as he would bring some depth and he's a guy you could leave in the press box for the Dogs and not have to worry about him not getting ice time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamiltonOHL View Post
You think of how poor Hamilton has done this season you think they will find a new head coach in the summer?
That's a good question. I fear they won't, and it would be nice to go into a season without having a new set of coaches every year but at the same time something is very wrong as many players are all having their worst seasons (outside of Dumont). But we'll have to wait and see what happens this summer.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsProspectsExpert View Post
True but most expected this with such a young team. It was a learning season for most. Losing Geoffrion and others to injuries early on didn't help.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:38 AM
zzoo

Do you think that Hudon, Archambault, Bozon, Dietz, Thrower, Kristo or Bennett will join Dogs for the last few games ?

Old
03-19-2013, 12:21 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Do you think that Hudon, Archambault, Bozon, Dietz, Thrower, Kristo or Bennett will join Dogs for the last few games ?
It depends on how deep their teams go in the play-offs.
Hudon should be out first round.
Archambault, I'm not sure, but he should be with the Dogs next season.
Bozon has a good team, so I doubt it.
Dietz & Thrower are Memorial Cup hosts, they'll be there next season.
Kristo will join after the NCAA play-offs are done.
Bennett should turn pro but that may not be done until the summer.

Closed Thread