HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT : Crazy Storm

Old
08-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Montrealer

vCash: 500
Pretty nasty storm to drive home in.

We passed Jarry/St-Laurent and those of you familiar with it know there are new medians that they've installed on Jarry.. well, with the storm blowing something fierce a car didn't see the median (no lights on it yet) and ended up on it.

The lightning strikes every second were pretty cool.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 09:03 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

My GF made it back safe and sound, and none of the kids got run over!

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Kitsune

glad it was you and not me! I think if another storm hit this city it would of been even worse then two weeks ago (we had wind gusts to 120 in the south end of the city, some areas to the east peaked near 160 km/h, just about every barn was blown over....)

Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 09:09 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I was on the 440 (between 15 and 19) when this MONSTER! was at full blown. We couldn't see anything and one lightning struck a few feet from us. It was cool abut I couldn't go faster than 70 kph.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 09:12 PM
deandebean

We had one mother last night. Lasted 3 hours. Lightning galore. Just a bad night for sleeping. Thought some paparazzi was taking photos of me in the nude with my wife in bed.

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 09:14 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
We had one mother last night. Lasted 3 hours. Lightning galore. Just a bad night for sleeping. Thought some paparazzi was taking photos of me in the nude with my wife in bed.
Was me.

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Kirk Muller*

I heard that tomorrow it's going to snow.

Kirk Muller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 09:21 PM
RedArmyMontreal*

LCN just reported at least one dead in montreal because of the storm. Tree fell down on a car.

Around cotes-des-neiges I believe, just heard the last part of the report..

RedArmyMontreal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 09:34 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArmyMontreal View Post
LCN just reported at least one dead in montreal because of the storm. Tree fell down on a car.

Around cotes-des-neiges I believe, just heard the last part of the report..
Horrible...

Old
08-01-2006, 10:23 PM
korky00

I live in Lac st Jean and we had 2 tornados in the last 2 weeks...

Man I can say that this sucks...

btw... I was at the Muse show yesterday...we got rained on big time...seems like a sh***** summer to me..

korky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 10:24 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
crazy bro, earth is turning against us... maybe we deserved it.. i wonder if something like in the movie "the day after tomorow'' could really happen.. i think it could.. wheather is getting crazy around the world.
Please don't make me get into how ridiculously impossible the weather patterns are in that movie. The entire movie is based on one crackpot theory that has been disputed and rejected by just about every scientific establishment in the world.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Live Forever

I lost my power for more or less 2 hours here in RDP. It was pretty bad. The street lights aren't even functioning yet though. But all in all I didn't mind it. I got to spend some quality time with my family. We lit a couple candles and shared a couple of stories and played some board games. Just puts everything into perspective on how busy our lives really are and as soon as the source of energy we depend on is taken away from us, it's the opportune time to spend some time with your family. I was getting worried that all my popsicles were going to melt becuase of the fact that my freezer wasnt working, so I ate 5 of them and gave one to my little pooch.

Live Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 11:36 PM
maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Forever View Post
I lost my power for more or less 2 hours here in RDP. It was pretty bad. The street lights aren't even functioning yet though. But all in all I didn't mind it. I got to spend some quality time with my family. We lit a couple candles and shared a couple of stories and played some board games. Just puts everything into perspective on how busy our lives really are and as soon as the source of energy we depend on is taken away from us, it's the opportune time to spend some time with your family. I was getting worried that all my popsicles were going to melt becuase of the fact that my freezer wasnt working, so I ate 5 of them and gave one to my little pooch.

well said man

maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 12:03 AM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

I knew the storm was coming from a mile away (well litterally too)
I was waiting at the busstop with the guitarist i was jamming with when I saw a black cloud sweeping over the skies like a dark blanket and the birds were flying with it to flea from it as if they knew things were gonna go apes*it. Then out of nowhere a big gust of wind (maybe 50km/h +) swept through the street and picked up all the dust and debris (and perhaps small rodents) and blew all over our faces so we had to duck in the little busstop booth.

The bus came just when the lightning was starting to get heavy but it was just drizzling. WE got onto the bus and that's when the ***** hit the fan. The driver had to make an emergency stop to ask everyone to close the windows and and the emergency roof/slide thing. The visibility was close to zero and I was afraid we were gonna have an accident. I had to ask my dad to give me a ride at the metro because there was no way I was going back on a bus again. Unfortunately the visibility was too low for my dad to drive safely to Henri-bourrassa so I had to weather out the storm (again litterally)

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 12:17 AM
frederixx

no kidding, the lightning struck inside my kitchen!! it was kinda scary... first time i see that.

frederixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 12:43 AM
Pascal

Was crazy here in Terrebonne, the trees were bending almost at a straight angle. Almost everyone around lost their power but not us. (the lights were flashing though)

I felt like Ribeiro as he watches the faster players go by next to him when he's trying to skate.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 01:17 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Forever View Post

Im in RDP, I wasnt home but my mom said we didnt lose power at all. I was at the arena in Chomedy, Laval (training camp for ice hockey started) and the lights kept blinking.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 01:38 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
[IMAGE]http://www.vincentpouliot.com/temp/eclairdefou.jpg[/IMAGE]

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 06:16 AM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker316 View Post
If anyopne else lives around Ile Perrot, who heard that ****ing loud *** crack of thunder..just one shot, caused me to jump right off my *** man.

Damn, I live in Riviere des prairies now and let me say the lightning was crazy. I did hear 2 loud lightning strikes...I bet it touched something. I did lose power for 3 hours.

CH Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 08:00 AM
HabSim

I heard on tv yesterday night that a tornado could have happened near Lac-Mégantic, at Lac-Drolet.

Not much more details about it...

Here in Sherbrooke, it struck at about 10h30PM, there was lightning everywhere, heavy winds, but not much rain coming with it. We only lost power for about 5 seconds.

Another thunderstrom struck this morning at 5h30, heavy thunders, but much less than yesterday night...

HabSim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I lost power for almost 6 hours last night in St-Leonard. The Storm was freakin Crazy,it did not stop at all.The tree in front of my house scared the **** out of me

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 08:35 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Driving down the street this morning...Trees are down everywhere. There were a few trees literally split in half. One tree went right through some guy's window.

Old
08-02-2006, 09:03 AM
Russeltown

I tought I would be spared from that storm.

At 10:00 PM yesterday, I was at my desk and there was weird noises outside. I opened the front door and... guess what happened to me

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 09:24 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sYn View Post

At 10:00 PM yesterday, I was at my desk and there was weird noises outside. I opened the front door and... guess what happened to me
Hit by lightning?

Old
08-02-2006, 09:26 AM
BOB the Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sYn View Post

You were shot dead?

BOB the Builder is offline   Reply With Quote