HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Armchair GM Thread - XXXVI

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2013, 07:25 PM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBALL604 View Post
vermette , clarkson and foligno would be welcome additions
No thanks to Foligno. $3.03mil for the next 3 years. I personally dont think he's worth it.

Old
03-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
No. Look at Philly without him.

(Offseason)

To Van

Verbata
Vermette

To Phoenix

Schnieder
Not a chance I would do that deal. I view Schneider as a high end asset and none of those players are. It seems like a CGY type of deal for Phaneuf...

And for those saying Vermette went for little last year, It would have cost VAN their 1st to beat PHX's offer. Would you do that?

Old
03-18-2013, 08:42 PM
Ronaldo
★★★

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Not a chance I would do that deal. I view Schneider as a high end asset and none of those players are. It seems like a CGY type of deal for Phaneuf...

And for those saying Vermette went for little last year, It would have cost VAN their 1st to beat PHX's offer. Would you do that?
I think your overvaluing Schneider. Vrbata scored 30 goals last year on an offensive deprived team like the Yotes. While Vermette is good gor 50 points while also being a faceoff ace and good in his own zone. This deal addresses two major needs of the Canucks.

Old
03-18-2013, 08:47 PM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
I think your overvaluing Schneider. Vrbata scored 30 goals last year on an offensive deprived team like the Yotes. While Vermette is good gor 50 points while also being a faceoff ace and good in his own zone. This deal addresses two major needs of the Canucks.
Vrbata also played like garbage for TB when he left Phx. I think he is one of those players that thrives on teams that have zero media and fan pressure.

If we trade Schneider it better be for a very good young player, not either of those players. Rundblad + is more appealing to me.

Old
03-18-2013, 08:47 PM
Nuckles
RIP Capgeek

vCash: 50
I don't see Phoenix moving Vermette unless they're getting an upgrade at center.
And I have my doubts about them being interested in Schneider. I think they'd like to sign someone for under $3 mil.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
03-18-2013, 08:52 PM
DJOpus

2nd + 3rd + Raymond for Ribeiro...please?

or

1st + 2nd + 3rd + Raymond for Ribeiro + Johansson?

Old
03-18-2013, 08:56 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
They're good players but you don't move an asset like Schneider for a soon to be 32 year old 50-60 point forward with a healthy contract and another guy on the wrong side of 30 making good money.

If Schneider goes to Phoenix, it's guys like Hanzal and Boedker we should be looking for.

Old
03-18-2013, 08:57 PM
Jay Cee
P4G

I agree with the team's general practice of not getting rentals. Hopefully it keeps up.

One thing is for sure- if Gillis isn't trying hard to get a deal done, he wants to look like he is.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:04 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I was watching the Buffalo-Washington game last night, and a few things stood out.

Marcus Johansson looked great, not just when he was scoring or almost scoring. He was in rumours regarding Luongo to Washington...and yesterdays game took him from "nice to have" to "we need that guy".

Any way, both are bottom feeding teams, likely selling off assets at or before the deadline. Unless we decide to join them in the "high draft pick club" this year, I think some trades could be made for futures.
I've always really liked Johansson's game and potential there. I think with his wheels, he could be a really nice fit here. He'd fill a role a lot like Raymond, but for less money, and when he's pressed into duty at Center...he's actually a natural center.

Had a really rough stretch to start the year, but seems to be coming around now. Definitely a piece i would be interested in. If we were to deal Luongo there, something with Johansson and Orlov would make me pretty happy as a return. Not sure if they really have much interest in that sort of thing though.

I'd be curious what assets other than one of our goalies might fetch us Johansson. It'd be bold, some might say crazy...but i'd think about shipping Raymond at the deadline as an impending UFA if the assets he returned could potentially get us Johansson.

Quote:
Can't belive Vermette was only traded for a second last year. Would have much rather targeted him than Pahlsson. To be fair the Jackets would probably want more than a 2 nd from us seeing as at the time we were a favorite at the cup and the Yotes were a fringe playoff team.
It's a point of great frustration for me as well. Something i dwell on from time to time.

Oh well, missed the boat. These are the sort of deals i really want to see though. Grab guys while their value is bottomed out for cheap...watch them turn their game around again and flourish in the right situation.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:09 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:

You may not like the deal but it is not a Calgary/Phaneuf deal

I thought Radim Verbata had 2 more years at 3 million dollar cap hit. He had 35 goals last year and he was plus 24. He is a younger Ray Witney who AV would love.

Vermette has 2 more years at 3.75. Not bad

Old
03-18-2013, 09:12 PM
John Bender*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
No thanks to Foligno. $3.03mil for the next 3 years. I personally dont think he's worth it.
Thats gawd awful. Who signed him to that deal?

Old
03-18-2013, 09:13 PM
John Bender*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cee View Post
I agree with the team's general practice of not getting rentals. Hopefully it keeps up.

One thing is for sure- if Gillis isn't trying hard to get a deal done, he wants to look like he is.
Would have been nice if Ballard and Booth were rentals though........

Old
03-18-2013, 09:44 PM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post
Thats gawd awful. Who signed him to that deal?
Scott Howson

Old
03-18-2013, 09:50 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Just a thought but getting Grabovski out of Toronto at a reduced cap may be a worthwhile endeavor. While either goalie could be dangled, Toronto would add more to acquire Schneider - I'd push for Frattin. The idea here being Grabs at $3.5-4M would be great value and allow us to again use Kesler in more offensive oriented roles, leaving th defense duties to Grabs. It also means less work for Kesler on the powerplay and especially the penalty kill.

Hard to say if Toronto would bite on holding onto that much salary however, it does seem Grabs has lost favor there and they are not getting value without retaining some salary.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:50 PM
Nuckles
RIP Capgeek

I know this means absolutely nothing, but Kypreos listed Vancouver as a top 3 destination for Jagr at the deadline.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:53 PM
Linden
[hello] :)

I'll stand by saying yes for Jagr here, could have a "Sundin effect" on a guy like Kassian. Seems to have worked with Giroux and Benn

Old
03-18-2013, 09:58 PM
John Bender*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
I know this means absolutely nothing, but Kypreos listed Vancouver as a top 3 destination for Jagr at the deadline.
Kypreos is not far off Eklund in terms of having reputable rumours. He just makes **** up, adds a few horribly lame cracks about his boy toy Darren Millard and then grimaces at the camera like he is trying to force out a 10 day old dump.

He's an idiot.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:59 PM
John Bender*

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I'll stand by saying yes for Jagr here, could have a "Sundin effect" on a guy like Kassian. Seems to have worked with Giroux and Benn
Giroux and Benn would have been standouts regardless of that inclusion of Jagr on their team. Benn was awesome last year pre Jagr.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:01 PM
Linden
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post
Giroux and Benn would have been standouts regardless of that inclusion of Jagr on their team. Benn was awesome last year pre Jagr.
I'm not saying Jagr made either player what they are, but he's been a seemingly very positive influence on their development and both have had significant jumps while playing with him. Just a quality mentor imo

Old
03-18-2013, 10:32 PM
Soups On

Well the teams needs are obvious; 3rd line center that has some offensive pedigree, top 6 right winger and a right handed dman (if ballard is shipped).

Here are some centers that I think would definitely help out but it's all about availability as we approach the deadline.

Vermette (PHX), Brassard (CLB), Dubinsky (CLB), Letestu (CLB), Goc (FLA), Ott (BUF), Roy (DAL), Ribeiro (WSH) Antropov (WPG)

Potential top 6 wingers:
Ryder (MTL), Jagr (DAL), Kulemin (TOR), Read (PHI), Stafford (BUF), Johansson C/W (WSH),

Many of the centers can also play wing like Ott and Dubinsky.

Any thoughts on the cost of some of these players? Which are the best fit?

Old
03-18-2013, 10:37 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thOverdrive View Post
Well the teams needs are obvious; 3rd line center that has some offensive pedigree, top 6 right winger and a right handed dman (if ballard is shipped).

Here are some centers that I think would definitely help out but it's all about availability as we approach the deadline.

Vermette (PHX), Brassard (CLB), Dubinsky (CLB), Letestu (CLB), Goc (FLA), Ott (BUF), Roy (DAL), Ribeiro (WSH) Antropov (WPG)

Potential top 6 wingers:
Ryder (MTL), Jagr (DAL), Kulemin (TOR), Read (PHI), Stafford (BUF), Johansson C/W (WSH),

Many of the centers can also play wing like Ott and Dubinsky.

Any thoughts on the cost of some of these players? Which are the best fit?
I don't see why Montreal would trade Ryder. Also what makes Kulemin, Stafford or Johansson top 6 forwards that would improve this team? None of them are upgrades on what we already have.

03-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Nuckles
RIP Capgeek

Cross Corey Perry off your pipedream acquisition list.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:45 PM
John Bender*

Quote:
Corey Perry at 8 plus million, no thanks.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:50 PM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
A first rounder that deep is good value if you end up with a consistent third liner. So yeah, I'd at least consider our first for Vermette.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:52 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
This just ruined my night.

Closed Thread