HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Game #30| Mar. 18, 2013| Flyers at Lightning | 7:30 p.m. ET

Old
03-18-2013, 09:31 PM
freakydallas13

vCash: 500
I think the flyers and Lavi are bound to part ways, but we should take a step back and ask if firing him with 18 games left in the season going to accomplish much. At this point, I think they are just going to ride out the suck (unless they can trade a few dead weight players like Briere or Mez), and fire Lavi in the offseason.

freakydallas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
What so that unscreened wrister from just inside the blue line should not be saved with ease?
it was a bit more than that. watch the ice level replay & take off your "i refuse to acknowledge that the puck was tipped UP AND to Bryz's right to go over the blocker & inside the post" glasses

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gto64dr

BS, he needs to make big saves all game long, not just once in a while. Sure, he had a good game, by his standards. The other goalie had better saves, his team won. Every time he makes a big save that's an excuse when he doesn't? He is not the solution, he is the problem.

gto64dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
flyershockey

vCash: 50
Benching Hartnell and putting Rinaldo in his spot is also a good way to get a team to turn against you, if they haven't yet. I don't mind benching Hartnell, but for christ sakes, put someone on that line that actually has skill.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:32 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
that is exactly why i think were lookin at a coaching situation. plus i thought bryzgalov had a good game. made some tough saves. we could not score. we had too many chances that we did nothing with. the thing that kills is how close some of these games are.
Yeah we should be expected to score a goal extra per game to make up for the one bryzzy weak goal per game.

4thline4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:32 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Lavi's face seems constipated and looks like he is going to kill somebody....especially Panotch

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:33 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
I thought Bryz was pretty good tonight for the most part......only thing I didn't like was his post game interview where he said he gave everything he could and they didn't win and there is nothing else that can be done. I know he is frustrated like the rest of the team but still don't like his woe is me/us lamentations.
I wish tehere were more level headed folks here. Most of the folks are blinded by either love or hate for the cosmonaut.

He is not performing up to the expectations, but I would argue that nobody on that team does. May be equipment manager.

I wish more folks would see the forest behind the trees. This team's success right now is not a reliable goalie away. They look like very expensive unsynhronized engine with a mad driver Lavi that keep pushing the gas pedal instead of finding out what the problem is.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:33 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Benching Hartnell and putting Rinaldo in his spot is also a good way to get a team to turn against you, if they haven't yet. I don't mind benching Hartnell, but for christ sakes, put someone on that line that actually has skill.
Like I said earlier...bench Hartnell for a bad penalty...but suck for two months, defensively and offensively and you'll get regular playing time. If I was Hartnell I'd be livid.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:35 PM
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls

Quote:
Lavi's face seems constipated and looks like he is going to kill somebody....especially Panotch
Panotch is such a ****ing hack, the guy thinks he's the end all be all of Flyers hockey, always asking stupid questions the kind that irrate the players even when the Flyers are winning and everything is going well dude just likes to push buttons, I love how Pronger used to handle him and shut him down

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:36 PM
RussianRocket10

I understand putting Rinaldo on the first line. He's one of the only guys that gives 110% effort on every shift. Lavi was rewarding him.

RussianRocket10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:37 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
I wish tehere were more level headed folks here. Most of the folks are blinded by either love or hate for the cosmonaut.

He is not performing up to the expectations, but I would argue that nobody on that team does. May be equipment manager.

I wish more folks would see the forest behind the trees. This team's success right now is not a reliable goalie away. They look like very expensive unsynhronized engine with a mad driver Lavi that keep pushing the gas pedal instead of finding out what the problem is.
I'm trying to see both sides but it looks like no one wants to hear it! It's a very polarizing topic and no one can meet in the middle I think you have the right idea.

03-18-2013, 09:38 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post

No love or hate for Bryz here...just disappointment that he is playing at the same level of his teammates for the most part. He is not standing out necessarily as the best player and highest paid player on a consistent basis. He is just a more expensive and slightly better version of Biron. Like Meltzer noted..there is no excuse for his save percentage..defensive breakdowns or not.

Last edited by FreshPerspective: 03-18-2013 at 09:40 PM. Reason: sp
Old
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheMajor View Post
Panotch is such a ****ing hack, the guy thinks he's the end all be all of Flyers hockey, always asking stupid questions the kind that irrate the players even when the Flyers are winning and everything is going well dude just likes to push buttons, I love how Pronger used to handle him and shut him down
For being employed by the company that owns part of the Flyers, he's not very well liked by the players/coaches.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
I understand putting Rinaldo on the first line. He's one of the only guys that gives 110% effort on every shift. Lavi was rewarding him.
Must win games are not the time to reward players and hamstring your two best players with a no-talent hack on their line

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Yeah he's an awful 'reporter'. All about the drama...I could do his job with ease.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:39 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Funny how Morganti and Barkann refer to panotch as a "bulldog."

Old
03-18-2013, 09:40 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Showing you can be rewarded is nice, but then continuing to play Briere when he's lucky to have one quality play on perhaps 20-25% of his shifts counters that message

RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akanon View Post
back to bed....

this is amazing LOL

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
No love or hate for Bryz here...just disappointment that he his playing at the same level of his teammates for the most part. He is not standing out necessarily as the best player and highest paid player on a consistent basis. He is just a more expensive and slightly better version of Biron. Like Meltzer noted..there is no excuse for his save percentage..defensive breakdowns or not.
Agreed on both accounts. He makes a lot of money to not have good numbers. His sv% is terrible. I wish he was better but he is playing mediocre at best in the majority of the games lately. He had some good stops tonight but he needs to make good stops consistently and he hasn't shown he is able to.

The whole team is a hot mess of garbage right now. I hope Homer doesn't get bored over the next few days and starts selling vital parts for rental crap.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:41 PM
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black

Pop quiz, hotshot. There's a a team in turmoil. They rarely play a complete solid game. Over payed lazy players on roster. What do you do? What do you do?

F L Y E R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:41 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
Yeah he's an awful 'reporter'. All about the drama...I could do his job with ease.
This is what "journalism" is all about these days: it's muckraking crap to get hits and views on their websites. People love controversy.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:42 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by F L Y E R S View Post
Pop quiz, hotshot. There's a a team in turmoil. They rarely play a complete solid game. Over payed lazy players on roster. What do you do? What do you do?

Thank you for that.

Old
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Execution of scoring chances is not coaching. The coach can only do so much from behind the bench.

If Lavy isn't fired with the 5-day break, he's obviously bulletproof. I think Holmgren wouldn't have wanted to pull the trigger until his break thinking they were good enough to tread water. They didn't even do that.
you might be right but you know how much this all runs off emotion and when a team looks that uninspired creatively there's something wrong with the coaching. this aint football. thats what hockey coaches are there to do. motivate. you can't confuse our speed and ability to get into the zone with a team playing with tons of confidence. also the set plays we do have are pretty lame and predictable. I don't think switching coaches makes a difference in terms of changing the outcome of this season but you know if they do its probably between berube and murray. i wonder who would have the most impact?

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BobbyClarkeFan16

Just watching them and they look deflated out there. It's almost as if they know they've lost the game even before it's been played. This team is such a mess right now. It's depressing and very disheartening to watch. They shouldn't be this bad.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Must win games are not the time to reward players and hamstring your two best players with a no-talent hack on their line
You still hate Rinaldo huh? Even after he has pretty much toned down all the ******** and has become a very effective 4th line grinder who has drawn a ton of penalties.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote