HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Armchair GM Thread - XXXVI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-18-2013, 09:52 PM
  #126
7thOverdrive
Registered User
 
7thOverdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Port Coquitlam
Country: Canada
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I don't see why Montreal would trade Ryder. Also what makes Kulemin, Stafford or Johansson top 6 forwards that would improve this team? None of them are upgrades on what we already have.
In regards to Ryder, it was just a personal opinion of mine. The amount of forward depth on that team is just ridiculous when players like Gallagher, Eller, Gally and all those other players stepping up.

Not sure about lines but a healthy line-up is something like this:
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Ryder - Desharnais - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Bourque
Moen - White - Prust
Armstrong

He just seems the most expendable... And I want him on this team

Stafford hasn't been good this year but he's a big forward that knows how to put the puck in the net when he's on.
Johansson is an awesome playmaker, something this team seriously needs. Kulemin... Well I feel he'd come cheaper and add some middle six scoring depth.

These are players who aren't doing too well and may come cheap.

7thOverdrive is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 09:53 PM
  #127
canuck4life16
Registered User
 
canuck4life16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,495
vCash: 50
we would never have gotten Perry no matter what unless a overpayment of picks, prospect, and player

canuck4life16 is online now  
Old
03-18-2013, 09:55 PM
  #128
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,400
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thOverdrive View Post
In regards to Ryder, it was just a personal opinion of mine. The amount of forward depth on that team is just ridiculous when players like Gallagher, Eller, Gally and all those other players stepping up.

Not sure about lines but a healthy line-up is something like this:
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Ryder - Desharnais - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Bourque
Moen - White - Prust
Armstrong

He just seems the most expendable... And I want him on this team

Stafford hasn't been good this year but he's a big forward that knows how to put the puck in the net when he's on.
Johansson is an awesome playmaker, something this team seriously needs. Kulemin... Well I feel he'd come cheaper and add some middle six scoring depth.

These are players who aren't doing too well and may come cheap.
Montreal JUST acquired Ryder so I don't see him being expendable at all.

Stafford is the best of the group that I singled out, but I still don't see him being an upgrade here. I think we would be as frustrated with him as we have been with Booth.

Johansson has been garbage this year. He doubled his point total last night.

We don't need middle six scoring depth. We need another high end scorer.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 09:57 PM
  #129
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Montreal JUST acquired Ryder so I don't see him being expendable at all.

Stafford is the best of the group that I singled out, but I still don't see him being an upgrade here. I think we would be as frustrated with him as we have been with Booth.

Johansson has been garbage this year. He doubled his point total last night.

We don't need middle six scoring depth. We need another high end scorer.
Stafford is no better than Booth and hits as frequently as Maso Raymond.

arsmaster is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:29 PM
  #130
7thOverdrive
Registered User
 
7thOverdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Port Coquitlam
Country: Canada
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Montreal JUST acquired Ryder so I don't see him being expendable at all.

Stafford is the best of the group that I singled out, but I still don't see him being an upgrade here. I think we would be as frustrated with him as we have been with Booth.

Johansson has been garbage this year. He doubled his point total last night.

We don't need middle six scoring depth. We need another high end scorer.
He was better last year but it's his skillset and his performance last year that you're banking on. He can also play C/W and that's one thing AV would love; line flexibility.

We all want a high end scorer but who and what's the price?

7thOverdrive is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:48 PM
  #131
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,400
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
I wonder if Dany Heatley could end up being a compliance buy-out for the Wild in the summer? $7.5M cap hit and he's playing like a $2M winger. His cash salary is only $5M next year and he's a UFA after next season so it wouldn't be a huge cheque to write. I'd be interested in him at $2-2.5M assuming interest in him is low around the league (although I wouldn't at all be surprised by some team being suckered into giving him a $5M contract).

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:49 PM
  #132
John Bender
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I wonder if Dany Heatley could end up being a compliance buy-out for the Wild in the summer? $7.5M cap hit and he's playing like a $2M winger. His cash salary is only $5M next year and he's a UFA after next season so it wouldn't be a huge cheque to write. I'd be interested in him at $2-2.5M assuming interest in him is low around the league (although I wouldn't at all be surprised by some team being suckered into giving him a $5M contract).
Heatley with the Twins is an interesting concept.

John Bender is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:24 PM
  #133
keslerburrows
Registered User
 
keslerburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vernon, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,739
vCash: 500
If MG plans on tooling up or burning it down, I hope he starts it off tomorrow morning. This team needs a serious kick in the pants. This is getting embarrassing.

keslerburrows is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:30 PM
  #134
John Swartzwelder
MOAR TUFFNESS!!!1
 
John Swartzwelder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,366
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
If MG plans on tooling up or burning it down, I hope he starts it off tomorrow morning. This team needs a serious kick in the pants. This is getting embarrassing.
No, it'll be no changes, no changes, no changes, saying the team is fine etc etc... it'll all be fine.

-MG, AV

John Swartzwelder is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:41 PM
  #135
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,400
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Swartzwelder View Post
No, it'll be no changes, no changes, no changes, saying the team is fine etc etc... it'll all be fine.

-MG, AV
I would be shocked to see any big changes. As frustrating as it is.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:42 PM
  #136
Virtanen2Horvat
Tweet@CanucksOnARoll
 
Virtanen2Horvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,028
vCash: 462
What do you think about putting Saku Koivu on the third next season if possible.

1 year 2.8M

Virtanen2Horvat is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:42 PM
  #137
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,251
vCash: 5555
Just do something already. Anything!

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 12:05 AM
  #138
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,273
vCash: 500
One thing I will say is, we have the core pieces to be good. It's the support pieces that are missing. Malhotra, Torres, Samuelsson, Ehrhoff... Any one of these guys seem replaceable, but collectively they were excellent support players to our core. We brought in new players who on paper should be as good, but for whatever reason they don't seem to be. We need a bit of a re-tool this offseason, I'm hoping Gillis has the know how to get it done. He advocated bold moves when coming to Vancouver, we're in need of one.

We need a RH PMD to play in our top 6. I'm not sure who, but we need this. We need a 3rd line center to replace Malhotra, somebody good... Not another Pahlsson. Then, we need some new role players and a good RW that can slot into the top 6. If we get this, I expect this season to be more of a speed bump. We've seen good teams have a bum season, re-tool, and come back hard the season after. We have the pieces to do this.

Luck 6 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 12:07 AM
  #139
keslerburrows
Registered User
 
keslerburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vernon, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksrool View Post
What do you think about putting Saku Koivu on the third next season if possible.

1 year 2.8M
What? No...

keslerburrows is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 12:10 AM
  #140
David71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,187
vCash: 500
the nucks are the philly of a couple years ago? even though they were wrose. they still retooled. went to scf against the hawks.

David71 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 12:11 AM
  #141
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 50
Time to talk deals surrounding Ryan with ANA.

We need a shake-up to get the boys going.

__________________

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 12:21 AM
  #142
canuck4life16
Registered User
 
canuck4life16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,495
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Time to talk deals surrounding Ryan with ANA.

We need a shake-up to get the boys going.
what would you trade for bobby Ryan? We don't have anything ducks want

canuck4life16 is online now  
Old
03-19-2013, 12:22 AM
  #143
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Potato
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,107
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
what you do to get bobby Ryan? We don't have anything ducks want
Yep. Anaheim would probably want a young 2nd line center, which we don't have.

__________________

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 12:24 AM
  #144
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Yep. Anaheim would probably want a young 2nd line center, which we don't have.
What, Andrew Ebbett's not good enough for you?


Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 12:26 AM
  #145
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Potato
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,107
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
What, Andrew Ebbett's not good enough for you?

No, he's too important to this team. We cant afford to trade him for a far inferior player.

Nuckles is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 12:32 AM
  #146
John Bender
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,156
vCash: 500
Friedman in his 30 thoughts talked about how all the GMS are complaining that the sellers prices are way too high right now.

John Bender is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 12:35 AM
  #147
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 17,823
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
That's the type of deal that could've gotten the Canucks Nash prior to this season rather than Gaborik.



There's nobody in the whole league that will give up those type of assets for Gaborik. You know what Heatley got traded for? Yeah, you'll be getting that type of a return.
He's better than that but he's not going to get anywhere near a Nash return.

me2 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 12:38 AM
  #148
canuck4life16
Registered User
 
canuck4life16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,495
vCash: 50
I would give up a 1st round pick (Conditional) for someone like Jeff Carter to play with Kesler......... unfortunately there are not much out there

canuck4life16 is online now  
Old
03-19-2013, 12:39 AM
  #149
John Bender
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
He's better than that but he's not going to get anywhere near a Nash return.
Gaborik for Gaunce and a 2nd?

John Bender is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 12:39 AM
  #150
John Bender
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
I would give up a 1st round pick (Conditional) for someone like Jeff Carter to play with Kesler......... unfortunately there are not much out there
LA loves Carter. So.......can't Get Carter.

John Bender is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.