HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Game #30| Mar. 18, 2013| Flyers at Lightning | 7:30 p.m. ET

Old
03-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Another Rinaldo-hate thread on the main board.

Lolz

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:44 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
The whole teams a mess. Different guys step up one night and then take the next night off. No consistency. I'm done with the finger pointing. The whole team sucks.

Just get us to the deadline sell off anybody who won't be in our plans for next year. Rebound at the draft/offseason and hopefully we turn things around like the last time we sucked this bad.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
You still hate Rinaldo huh? Even after he has pretty much toned down all the ******** and has become a very effective 4th line grinder who has drawn a ton of penalties.
And that's great. I didn't like him before this season, but he's grown on me. But putting him on a line with Giroux and Voracek basically turns it into a 2 man line.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:45 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Another Rinaldo-hate thread on the main board.

Lolz
You could see that coming by a mile. I have seen some people start to come around on the way he's played as of late though.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:45 PM
MP92

Daniel Carcillo spent time with Jonathan Towes and Marian Hossa on Chicago's top-line this year. Putting Rinaldo up there isn't that crazy.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:47 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
And as is usual, the other goalie made more. At 12 minutes left in the 3rd, Lindback had faced more scoring chances as well. And he faced more shots overall.

It's disturbingly common to see the opposing goalie put up a better performance.
Lindback was good tonight. He didn't have to make a lot of great saves but he made some good ones. I don't know what the final scoring chance tally was, but the 3 or 4 posts we hit are counted in that I believe. As were some other chances that went wide. Too many good shifts in the 3rd period where they didn't generate a good look at the net, and not enough puck luck earlier in the game when they did.

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothless Couts View Post
Daniel Carcillo spent time with Jonathan Towes and Marian Hossa on Chicago's top-line this year. Putting Rinaldo up there isn't that crazy.
Lavy used to put carbomb with Richards and Gagne sometimes.

Old
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothless Couts View Post
He also spent time with Richards and Gagne a few years ago.

03-18-2013, 09:48 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
No love or hate for Bryz here...just disappointment that he is playing at the same level of his teammates for the most part. He is not standing out necessarily as the best player and highest paid player on a consistent basis. He is just a more expensive and slightly better version of Biron. Like Meltzer noted..there is no excuse for his save percentage..defensive breakdowns or not.
Apologies. My statement was not directed at you. Quite opposite, I think i ommitted "level headed people like you" in my original post.

CSKA1974 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Bort Sampson

Don't score on a chance, shoulders slump, skate towards the neutral zone, another player gets puck back, no one is ready for a pass.

Cross the blue line with speed, see a seam that is about to close, try to pass through two players, pass is cut down, puck goes out of zone.

Defensemen out of position, everyone ready to deal huge hits but always a step late to get to an actual board battle, can't commit a line change without giving the puck away, icing the puck because no one comes back for a pass, no one is in front of the net in either zone.

Oh, and Meszaros and Briere sucked.

Every night is a ****show, they'll be lucky to win 18 games this season, they can't even get loser points.

Buyout Briere.
Sit on Bryz until next year, use cap space to get replacement, buy him out.
Hold onto Couts because he's ****ing 20.
Deal one of Meszaros or Coburn, or hell, both.
If the return is right, deal Timonen to a contender. He deserves better to end his career.

Bort Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:58 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto64dr View Post
BS, he needs to make big saves all game long, not just once in a while. Sure, he had a good game, by his standards. The other goalie had better saves, his team won. Every time he makes a big save that's an excuse when he doesn't? He is not the solution, he is the problem.
YEEEAAAHHHHHH! HE HAS TO BE DA BEST GOALIE EVERZ SEW WE WINZ GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, the best goalie to ever play (take your pick) would still be losing games for this team. On the list of problems with the Flyers, Bryz is like number 5... However, I wouldn't mind freeing up that cap space if we could improve D and go back to the finals with the likes of MFL ..... Seriously though, I would. Or would I?

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:00 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Must win games are not the time to reward players and hamstring your two best players with a no-talent hack on their line
no talent hack?

you must be talking about briere. cuz u cant be talking about Rinaldo..

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
YEEEAAAHHHHHH! HE HAS TO BE DA BEST GOALIE EVERZ SEW WE WINZ GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, the best goalie to ever play (take your pick) would still be losing games for this team. On the list of problems with the Flyers, Bryz is like number 5... However, I wouldn't mind freeing up that cap space if we could improve D and go back to the finals with the likes of MFL ..... Seriously though, I would. Or would I?
Some guys think goalies should never allow goals.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort Sampson View Post
Don't score on a chance, shoulders slump, skate towards the neutral zone, another player gets puck back, no one is ready for a pass.

Cross the blue line with speed, see a seam that is about to close, try to pass through two players, pass is cut down, puck goes out of zone.

Defensemen out of position, everyone ready to deal huge hits but always a step late to get to an actual board battle, can't commit a line change without giving the puck away, icing the puck because no one comes back for a pass, no one is in front of the net in either zone.

Oh, and Meszaros and Briere sucked.

Every night is a ****show, they'll be lucky to win 18 games this season, they can't even get loser points.

Buyout Briere.
Sit on Bryz until next year, use cap space to get replacement, buy him out.
Hold onto Couts because he's ****ing 20.
Deal one of Meszaros or Coburn, or hell, both.
If the return is right, deal Timonen to a contender. He deserves better to end his career.
"That's how you debate!"

Old
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto64dr View Post
he needs to make big saves all game long.
and they need to not let guys walk in alone all game long, not once in a while.

and Hartsy needs to not take dumb penalties all game long, not once in a while.

Briere needs to not be invisible all game long, not once in a while.

they need to not get too many men penalties all game long, not once in a while.

they need to not have so many turnovers all game long, not once in a while.

they need to make better line changes all game long, not once in a while.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:01 PM
Get To Our Game
HFBoards Sponsor

I've watched a good amount of Flyers games this year, and had a question about Rinaldo. I'm sure he's the type of player that you love when he's on your team (you in general, not Philadelphia). Would you say he gets extra attention from officials which leads to phantom/questionable calls against him? Is this similar to what happened to Dan Carcillo towards the end of his time in Philly?

I know he's the type of guy that goes 100% all the time, and is always looking to hit somebody and go full speed (not a bad thing). Does this style of play (which I think is fine on its own), coupled with his reputation, hurt his value to the team? Basically, do you think there will be a point where his reputation and the attention that it brings outweighs his aggressive and physical style of play? I'm not making an opinion one way or the other, I'm asking because you guys will know better.

Get To Our Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:02 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Rejean We Trust View Post
I've watched a good amount of Flyers games this year, and had a question about Rinaldo. I'm sure he's the type of player that you love when he's on your team (you in general, not Philadelphia). Would you say he gets extra attention from officials which leads to phantom/questionable calls against him? Is this similar to what happened to Dan Carcillo towards the end of his time in Philly?

I know he's the type of guy that goes 100% all the time, and is always looking to hit somebody and go full speed (not a bad thing). Does this style of play (which I think is fine on its own), coupled with his reputation, hurt his value to the team? Basically, do you think there will be a point where his reputation and the attention that it brings outweighs his aggressive and physical style of play? I'm not making an opinion one way or the other, I'm asking because you guys will know better.
Absolutely 1000%

Old
03-18-2013, 10:02 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Some guys think goalies should never allow goals.
I get their point of view though, but only because of the deal Bryz has. We shouldn't have to make excuses for Bryz anymore than we have to make them for Briere; however, Bryz gets hung out to dry so much it is just ridiculous.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:04 PM
Go For It

Quote:

Yes, although I think he's gotten much less reputation penalties the second half of this season. He's also keeping his emotions in check much more this year.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:04 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Absolutely 1000%
Absolutely 1000% disagree.

Rinaldo plays on the edge, but he has done an absolutely incredible job at keeping his cool and actually drawing penalties lately.

I love what that kid is bringing to the table.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:05 PM
DeflatedFootball7

The Rinaldo hate is hilarious. Fans of teams that are not even involved freak out.

On that note if they hate Rinaldo, wait until they see Cousins.

He's essentially Rinaldo with more skill.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:06 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:

It's been an issue in the past, but I haven't seen it as often this year. I think he's started to break free from that reputation a little bit. While the refs will probably always keep an eye on him, I think he's got more freedom to play his game now as long as he stays within the rules.

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:09 PM
Get To Our Game
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
The Rinaldo hate is hilarious. Fans of teams that are not even involved freak out.

On that note if they hate Rinaldo, wait until they see Cousins.

He's essentially Rinaldo with more skill.
???

I'm kind of defending Rinaldo; saying I've seen him get stuff called against him because of his reputation this season, especially early on. And the couple people that have commented corroborate what I've seen, which is less of that later on in the season. There was a Rinaldo thread momentarily on the main boards where I was originally going to post that. I figured I'd ask directly since it got deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
It's been an issue in the past, but I haven't seen it as often this year. I think he's started to break free from that reputation a little bit. While the refs will probably always keep an eye on him, I think he's got more freedom to play his game now as long as he stays within the rules.
Thanks. I think he can be quite effective as a fourth line ****-stirrer if he manages to shed that constant critical eye on him. Whether or not that will happen is another topic, and as I'm no fortune-teller, I won't get into that conversation.

Get To Our Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:09 PM
flyershockey

Quote:

He gets a lot of BS calls from reputation, and I would probably care if they were in a playoff position. Since they're not, I take at least some entertainment away from watching his big hits (mostly clean) and him rocking guys a lot bigger than him in fights.

Long term, he needs to develop something else to his game if he wants to be a full-time NHLer. He needs to become better defensively or a penalty killer. You can't make a career out of just being an agitator, and it's pretty clear that he's not gonna turn into a top nine scoring threat.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:10 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
I get their point of view though, but only because of the deal Bryz has. We shouldn't have to make excuses for Bryz anymore than we have to make them for Briere; however, Bryz gets hung out to dry so much it is just ridiculous.
I totally understand it and I even agree to an extent, but it's just angering to read everytime any goal goes in how much he sucks and how it should've been a save.