Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Harding or Voloshenko?

Old
07-31-2006, 01:19 PM
Slim Pickens

vCash: 500
Harding or Voloshenko?

This is hypathetical of course but, if you could only have one of these prospects on your list, which one would you keep and why? I'm trying to determine who has more potential value to the team in the long run.

Slim Pickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 02:19 PM
Chrisd

Harding over any wild prospect...

great prospect, and at a valuable position.

Chrisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 02:29 PM
MuckandGrind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisd View Post
Harding over any wild prospect...

great prospect, and at a valuable position.
I agree that Harding is more valuable than Voloshenko at the moment. However, I don't see him as more valuable than Pouliot. I think Pouliot has a chance to be a star in the league....

MuckandGrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 04:05 PM
The Big E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Pickens View Post
This is hypathetical of course but, if you could only have one of these prospects on your list, which one would you keep and why? I'm trying to determine who has more potential value to the team in the long run.
Potential. Sure ... Harding has loads of potential. He could be a long-term answer to Manny and provide us solid goaltending for a decade. In a year or two if Manny demands too much money, Harding might become the man. It could happen.

Voloshenko? He could be a sniper from the outside willing to go into the slot to score. He has the potential to be a scorer in the league and a 1st line winger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckandGrind View Post
I agree that Harding is more valuable than Voloshenko at the moment. However, I don't see him as more valuable than Pouliot. I think Pouliot has a chance to be a star in the league....
However, as MuckandGrind points out, there are other players with potential in the organization. Pouliot has the potential to be a power forward. He's got all the pieces ... the question is can he translate it.

Sheppard sounds like he has the potential to be a complete two-way first line center. Serious speed, great hands, great attitude, defensively responsible. Potential.

Chris Hickey led his High School team to the promised land ... the MN State Tourney title. He's got another year left in High School, then maybe some USHL before he eventually attends Wisconsin. The kids got the potential to be an impact player in the NHL. He's also got a long ways to go. We'll see what his potential looks like in 4 years.

Sorry ... my crystal ball isn't working today ... it doesn't like the heat.

The Big E

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 03:06 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Go with...

Harding!

He has the skill to become an elite goaltender in the league and could possibly be a top 5 goaltender one day. He'll be as good as Cam Ward and possibly Hannu Toivonen. He already has shown some good flashes in the NHL and that has a lot of fans licking their chops.

Now, not to take anything away from Roman Voloshenko. The guy is tough, and he's a good sniper. He is a tough competitor and has a good upside to his game. His skating issues were overblown, especially now that he has keyed on that weakness and has worked hard to overcome it. I would say he has the potential to be a top flight winger for the Wild. Not a playmaker but any stretch of the imagination but a sniper that can take a beating banging pucks in.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Slim Pickens

thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Slim Pickens is offline   Reply With Quote