HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours Thread Part V: Gaborik "available"; LeBrun: NYR interested in D. Boyle

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-18-2013, 10:39 PM
  #526
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
You know what you're right, 7 GWG/3 OT goals last year wouldn't help any team. I completely see that. Give me a break. You don't wanna like the guy that's fine, but don't spew out crap, because when you're done giving your "opinion" its still just crap.

Though he has struggled this year, he still is 3rd in scoring on the team, has 4 GWG/2 OT.

But hey we'd rather have a bunch of dubinsky's on this team because the grinding game is so much more appealing. Who cares if we may get lucky and score a goal here and there, as long as we can hit people and knock them on their ass we'll be successful.

Just laughable with the "experts" we have on these boards.
Maybe your just looking at his stats but take a look.. Gaborik Has 2 goals in the last 22 games. The first give games, he score a hattrick and had a two goal game..

Maybe its just me but I dont care about his past, he's had some pretty good seasons for us but, if he sucks now he sucks..., Point Blank. He is not helping this team at all.. I hate his effort, he's lazy and does not fit Torts system. Sure maybe he can come back from this slump but hes always invisible even when he does score like I've stated before. Maybe he needs a coach that is for him.

I would rather have a 25-30 goal scorer with a cheaper contract that plays hard, hits and plays defense rather than a player who can score 45, thats soft and does no contribute on the other side of his game. Maybe if we didn't have Rick Nash I would hesitate a little just to see if he will bounce back, but we have some pretty decent scores behind Nash... (Hagelin and Callahan) We just need bottom 6 scoring pretty much and were pretty good.

Don't shoot me down cause this is what I believe, but I believe we should trade Gaborik some how.. I think we could get a second liner and a bottom 6 player for Gaborik. Maybe its just me.

Tony D63 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:39 PM
  #527
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,364
vCash: 50
Helm+Tatar/Jarnkrok+1st

Ohh, I'd be so happy for that kind of return.

iamitter is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:40 PM
  #528
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Helm+Tatar/Jarnkrok+1st

Ohh, I'd be so happy for that kind of return.
Babcock raves about Helm being the best 3rd line center in the game. Doubt they trade him.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:40 PM
  #529
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 4,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
You know what you're right, 7 GWG/3 OT goals last year wouldn't help any team. I completely see that. Give me a break. You don't wanna like the guy that's fine, but don't spew out crap, because when you're done giving your "opinion" its still just crap.

Though he has struggled this year, he still is 3rd in scoring on the team, has 4 GWG/2 OT.

But hey we'd rather have a bunch of dubinsky's on this team because the grinding game is so much more appealing. Who cares if we may get lucky and score a goal here and there, as long as we can hit people and knock them on their ass we'll be successful.

Just laughable with the "experts" we have on these boards.
This argument might hold water if the Rangers, with Gaborik, were even average in the goal scoring department...

Synergy27 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:42 PM
  #530
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Well think of it this way, if Ducks open an auction for Ryan, the bidding is going to be fierce.
Don't doubt it. Just saying I trust Slats. We know he's a player that he covets. If he can get part of Anaheim's needs for Ryan and fill in the rest with what we got I'd like to think he'd get him. Who knows. I would trade Kreider for him. And please don't take that as a snap judgement based on this season. I love the kid. But I think Bobby Ryan is what we hope he becomes.

Championship* is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:45 PM
  #531
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Helm+Tatar/Jarnkrok+1st

Ohh, I'd be so happy for that kind of return.
Wings are not trading Helm or Jarnkrok.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:46 PM
  #532
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Don't doubt it. Just saying I trust Slats. We know he's a player that he covets. If he can get part of Anaheim's needs for Ryan and fill in the rest with what we got I'd like to think he'd get him. Who knows. I would trade Kreider for him. And please don't take that as a snap judgement based on this season. I love the kid. But I think Bobby Ryan is what we hope he becomes.
I completely agree, if Kreider can net me Ryan, I do it in a heartbeat. Might as well cash in the potential today.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:48 PM
  #533
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
I completely agree, if Kreider can net me Ryan, I do it in a heartbeat. Might as well cash in the potential today.
Would you do Miller, Krieder + a pick or a prospect for Ryan?

Tony D63 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:52 PM
  #534
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris Creider View Post
Would you do Miller, Krieder + a pick or a prospect for Ryan?
Hell yes.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:57 PM
  #535
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris Creider View Post
Would you do Miller, Krieder + a pick or a prospect for Ryan?
That's a tough one.
2 young cheap good prospects + pick is a lot to give up.
I'd need something returned in the trade; a young right dman, Welinski would do nicely.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:58 PM
  #536
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,226
vCash: 500
What do you guys think about my offer in the main trade thread? Some Canuck fans say they would take it easily...


Zack Kassian
Mason Raymond
Maxim Lapierre


Marian Gaborik
Brian Boyle
Christian Thomas or Michael St. Croix
Jeff Halpern
2014: 2nd Round Pick.

Carl Hagelin - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Zack Kassian - Brad Richards - Ryan Callahan
Mason Raymond - JT Miller - Taylor Pyatt
Darroll Powe - Maxim Lapierre - Michael Haley

Tony D63 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:58 PM
  #537
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris Creider View Post
Maybe your just looking at his stats but take a look.. Gaborik Has 2 goals in the last 22 games. The first give games, he score a hattrick and had a two goal game..

Maybe its just me but I dont care about his past, he's had some pretty good seasons for us but, if he sucks now he sucks..., Point Blank. He is not helping this team at all.. I hate his effort, he's lazy and does not fit Torts system. Sure maybe he can come back from this slump but hes always invisible even when he does score like I've stated before. Maybe he needs a coach that is for him.

I would rather have a 25-30 goal scorer with a cheaper contract that plays hard, hits and plays defense rather than a player who can score 45, thats soft and does no contribute on the other side of his game. Maybe if we didn't have Rick Nash I would hesitate a little just to see if he will bounce back, but we have some pretty decent scores behind Nash... (Hagelin and Callahan) We just need bottom 6 scoring pretty much and were pretty good.

Don't shoot me down cause this is what I believe, but I believe we should trade Gaborik some how.. I think we could get a second liner and a bottom 6 player for Gaborik. Maybe its just me.
My issue is the criticism of Gaborik. Calling him soft and invisible. But who has been visible other than Nash? Callahan here and there can be very visible. But are we talking on the scoresheet or with the physical play. At this point I don't care about the physical play. YES, OBVIOUSLY you need physical play and players. So that's great having callahan as well as some others. But including tonight, they have been outscored 10-3 in the last 4 games. Right now goal scoring is important. Gaborik provides that whether he is soft or not. Yeah you can mention his 2 goals in the last 22 games...well who else has been scoring? Even Nash has slowed down compared to what he was doing. However, yes nash can go out and take players one on one with his big size, but you're fooling yourself if you expect Gaborik to do the same. Gaborik doesn't have the size Nash does. The rest have been a crap shoot.

To your points, did you hate Pavel Bure? I'm not being mean with this, but was he before your time? That guy was electric at times. But he was also very soft and floated a lot...a big reason for his "exciting" breakaways. Did Gaborik not help this team last year? I laugh when you say invisible when he scores. This isn't Alex Rodriguez hitting a homerun in the 8th inning when the yankees are up or down by a lot. Gaborik's goals when he scores are a big factor. Was he invisible when he scored in the 3rd OT against washington? Or when he scored in OT against Boston, Florida, and NYI last year?

How many 25-30 goal scorers who hit and play defense are out there on cheap contracts? I'd love to know? List them for me. It's ridiculous.

What you're doing is nitpicking because you don't like him. I can understand the idea of trading gaborik because he has one year left after this one and you'd like to get some assets back for him, but don't start badgering the guy because he isn't the perfect all around player that Torts has converted you and some other fans into loving and expecting in every single player that holds a roster spot here. The NHL consists of a variation of player types. The sooner you realize this the better you'll understand the concept of building a team.

RGY is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:59 PM
  #538
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris Creider View Post
Would you do Miller, Krieder + a pick or a prospect for Ryan?
Yes but as we saw w Nash. More depth being lost

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:00 PM
  #539
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris Creider View Post
What do you guys think about my offer in the main trade thread?


Zack Kassian
Mason Raymond
Maxim Lapierre


Marian Gaborik
Brian Boyle
Christian Thomas or Michael St. Croix
Jeff Halpern
2014: 2nd Round Pick.

Carl Hagelin - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Zack Kassian - Brad Richards - Ryan Callahan
Mason Raymond - JT Miller - Taylor Pyatt
Darroll Powe - Maxim Lapierre - Michael Haley
The canucks take that trade and go laughing to the bank. That is by no means an even trade. You don't watch the canucks much do you?

RGY is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:00 PM
  #540
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,364
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris Creider View Post
Would you do Miller, Krieder + a pick or a prospect for Ryan?
Wouldn't even hesitate.

iamitter is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:01 PM
  #541
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,364
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Yes but as we saw w Nash. More depth being lost
Kreider's not here. So it's Miller+nonroster for Ryan.

iamitter is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:02 PM
  #542
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,364
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Wings are not trading Helm or Jarnkrok.
So say their fans.


And anyway, all I said is that I'd be oh so happy with that return. I don't expect it.

iamitter is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:03 PM
  #543
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Kreider's not here. So it's Miller+nonroster for Ryan.
He should be and he Will be next year

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:05 PM
  #544
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris Creider View Post
What do you guys think about my offer in the main trade thread? Some Canuck fans say they would take it easily...


Zack Kassian
Mason Raymond
Maxim Lapierre


Marian Gaborik
Brian Boyle
Christian Thomas or Michael St. Croix
Jeff Halpern
2014: 2nd Round Pick.

Carl Hagelin - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Zack Kassian - Brad Richards - Ryan Callahan
Mason Raymond - JT Miller - Taylor Pyatt
Darroll Powe - Maxim Lapierre - Michael Haley
That's a lot to give up.
Raymond and Lapierre are UFA's. If they walk you are left with Kassian for all those assets. Not worth it.
If they are signed, I would take out Christian Thomas or Michael St. Croix + pick and do it.
But the Canucks would not be able to fit them under the cap unless they shed some salary, either trade Luongo or Booth or Ballard.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:06 PM
  #545
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
So say their fans.


And anyway, all I said is that I'd be oh so happy with that return. I don't expect it.
You are right, I would share that with you, would love that trade too.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:07 PM
  #546
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
My issue is the criticism of Gaborik. Calling him soft and invisible. But who has been visible other than Nash? Callahan here and there can be very visible. But are we talking on the scoresheet or with the physical play. At this point I don't care about the physical play. YES, OBVIOUSLY you need physical play and players. So that's great having callahan as well as some others. But including tonight, they have been outscored 10-3 in the last 4 games. Right now goal scoring is important. Gaborik provides that whether he is soft or not. Yeah you can mention his 2 goals in the last 22 games...well who else has been scoring? Even Nash has slowed down compared to what he was doing. However, yes nash can go out and take players one on one with his big size, but you're fooling yourself if you expect Gaborik to do the same. Gaborik doesn't have the size Nash does. The rest have been a crap shoot.

To your points, did you hate Pavel Bure? I'm not being mean with this, but was he before your time? That guy was electric at times. But he was also very soft and floated a lot...a big reason for his "exciting" breakaways. Did Gaborik not help this team last year? I laugh when you say invisible when he scores. This isn't Alex Rodriguez hitting a homerun in the 8th inning when the yankees are up or down by a lot. Gaborik's goals when he scores are a big factor. Was he invisible when he scored in the 3rd OT against washington? Or when he scored in OT against Boston, Florida, and NYI last year?

How many 25-30 goal scorers who hit and play defense are out there on cheap contracts? I'd love to know? List them for me. It's ridiculous.

What you're doing is nitpicking because you don't like him. I can understand the idea of trading gaborik because he has one year left after this one and you'd like to get some assets back for him, but don't start badgering the guy because he isn't the perfect all around player that Torts has converted you and some other fans into loving and expecting in every single player that holds a roster spot here. The NHL consists of a variation of player types. The sooner you realize this the better you'll understand the concept of building a team.
Never saw Bure play, I'm 18 so I've never seen him play. But I understand your points, I really do, trust me.. I just want him to be skating hard, and playing decent defense, he could go out there and score 50 goals if he really wanted to, he just doesn't play with the effort. I believe we could find some decent pieces for Marian. I understand what your saying. But respectfully I disagree with you about keeping Gaborik.

Tony D63 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:10 PM
  #547
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
That's a lot to give up.
Raymond and Lapierre are UFA's. If they walk you are left with Kassian for all those assets. Not worth it.
If they are signed, I would take out Christian Thomas or Michael St. Croix + pick and do it.
But the Canucks would not be able to fit them under the cap unless they shed some salary, either trade Luongo or Booth or Ballard.
The way I see it is Brian Boyle and Halpern are defiantly replaceable.. And I'm sure we could resign Raymond and Lapierre, but I see your point and I didn't know they where UFA's. But I think I would do it simply because its not like where moving huge pieces, sure Halpern has been a nice addition but like I said they both are replaceable.

Tony D63 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:13 PM
  #548
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris Creider View Post
The way I see it is Brian Boyle and Halpern are defiantly replaceable.. And I'm sure we could resign Raymond and Lapierre, but I see your point and I didn't know they where UFA's. But I think I would do it simply because its not like where moving huge pieces, sure Halpern has been a nice addition but like I said they both are replaceable.
I think most Rangers fans would love to get Kassian here, the question is are we willing to take a cap dump like Booth or Ballard to do it.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:15 PM
  #549
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,364
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
He should be and he Will be next year
Yeah, but to compare it to the loss of depth from the Nash trade is asinine.

iamitter is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:17 PM
  #550
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,364
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
I think most Rangers fans would love to get Kassian here, the question is are we willing to take a cap dump like Booth or Ballard to do it.
They can use their two compliance buyouts on them. The Rangers are not going to be doing anybody favors. They're giving up a 40 G scorer.

iamitter is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.