HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours Thread Part V: Gaborik "available"; LeBrun: NYR interested in D. Boyle

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
You know what you're right, 7 GWG/3 OT goals last year wouldn't help any team. I completely see that. Give me a break. You don't wanna like the guy that's fine, but don't spew out crap, because when you're done giving your "opinion" its still just crap.

Though he has struggled this year, he still is 3rd in scoring on the team, has 4 GWG/2 OT.

But hey we'd rather have a bunch of dubinsky's on this team because the grinding game is so much more appealing. Who cares if we may get lucky and score a goal here and there, as long as we can hit people and knock them on their ass we'll be successful.

Just laughable with the "experts" we have on these boards.
Maybe your just looking at his stats but take a look.. Gaborik Has 2 goals in the last 22 games. The first give games, he score a hattrick and had a two goal game..

Maybe its just me but I dont care about his past, he's had some pretty good seasons for us but, if he sucks now he sucks..., Point Blank. He is not helping this team at all.. I hate his effort, he's lazy and does not fit Torts system. Sure maybe he can come back from this slump but hes always invisible even when he does score like I've stated before. Maybe he needs a coach that is for him.

I would rather have a 25-30 goal scorer with a cheaper contract that plays hard, hits and plays defense rather than a player who can score 45, thats soft and does no contribute on the other side of his game. Maybe if we didn't have Rick Nash I would hesitate a little just to see if he will bounce back, but we have some pretty decent scores behind Nash... (Hagelin and Callahan) We just need bottom 6 scoring pretty much and were pretty good.

Don't shoot me down cause this is what I believe, but I believe we should trade Gaborik some how.. I think we could get a second liner and a bottom 6 player for Gaborik. Maybe its just me.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:39 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
Helm+Tatar/Jarnkrok+1st

Ohh, I'd be so happy for that kind of return.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:40 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Helm+Tatar/Jarnkrok+1st

Babcock raves about Helm being the best 3rd line center in the game. Doubt they trade him.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:40 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
You know what you're right, 7 GWG/3 OT goals last year wouldn't help any team. I completely see that. Give me a break. You don't wanna like the guy that's fine, but don't spew out crap, because when you're done giving your "opinion" its still just crap.

Though he has struggled this year, he still is 3rd in scoring on the team, has 4 GWG/2 OT.

But hey we'd rather have a bunch of dubinsky's on this team because the grinding game is so much more appealing. Who cares if we may get lucky and score a goal here and there, as long as we can hit people and knock them on their ass we'll be successful.

Just laughable with the "experts" we have on these boards.
This argument might hold water if the Rangers, with Gaborik, were even average in the goal scoring department...

Old
03-18-2013, 10:42 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Well think of it this way, if Ducks open an auction for Ryan, the bidding is going to be fierce.
Don't doubt it. Just saying I trust Slats. We know he's a player that he covets. If he can get part of Anaheim's needs for Ryan and fill in the rest with what we got I'd like to think he'd get him. Who knows. I would trade Kreider for him. And please don't take that as a snap judgement based on this season. I love the kid. But I think Bobby Ryan is what we hope he becomes.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:45 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Helm+Tatar/Jarnkrok+1st

Wings are not trading Helm or Jarnkrok.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:46 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Don't doubt it. Just saying I trust Slats. We know he's a player that he covets. If he can get part of Anaheim's needs for Ryan and fill in the rest with what we got I'd like to think he'd get him. Who knows. I would trade Kreider for him. And please don't take that as a snap judgement based on this season. I love the kid. But I think Bobby Ryan is what we hope he becomes.
I completely agree, if Kreider can net me Ryan, I do it in a heartbeat. Might as well cash in the potential today.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:48 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
I completely agree, if Kreider can net me Ryan, I do it in a heartbeat. Might as well cash in the potential today.
Would you do Miller, Krieder + a pick or a prospect for Ryan?

Old
03-18-2013, 10:52 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris Creider View Post
Hell yes.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:57 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
That's a tough one.
2 young cheap good prospects + pick is a lot to give up.
I'd need something returned in the trade; a young right dman, Welinski would do nicely.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

What do you guys think about my offer in the main trade thread? Some Canuck fans say they would take it easily...

Zack Kassian
Mason Raymond
Maxim Lapierre

Marian Gaborik
Brian Boyle
Christian Thomas or Michael St. Croix
Jeff Halpern
2014: 2nd Round Pick.

Carl Hagelin - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Zack Kassian - Brad Richards - Ryan Callahan
Mason Raymond - JT Miller - Taylor Pyatt
Darroll Powe - Maxim Lapierre - Michael Haley

Old
03-18-2013, 10:58 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Maybe your just looking at his stats but take a look.. Gaborik Has 2 goals in the last 22 games. The first give games, he score a hattrick and had a two goal game..

Maybe its just me but I dont care about his past, he's had some pretty good seasons for us but, if he sucks now he sucks..., Point Blank. He is not helping this team at all.. I hate his effort, he's lazy and does not fit Torts system. Sure maybe he can come back from this slump but hes always invisible even when he does score like I've stated before. Maybe he needs a coach that is for him.

I would rather have a 25-30 goal scorer with a cheaper contract that plays hard, hits and plays defense rather than a player who can score 45, thats soft and does no contribute on the other side of his game. Maybe if we didn't have Rick Nash I would hesitate a little just to see if he will bounce back, but we have some pretty decent scores behind Nash... (Hagelin and Callahan) We just need bottom 6 scoring pretty much and were pretty good.

Don't shoot me down cause this is what I believe, but I believe we should trade Gaborik some how.. I think we could get a second liner and a bottom 6 player for Gaborik. Maybe its just me.
My issue is the criticism of Gaborik. Calling him soft and invisible. But who has been visible other than Nash? Callahan here and there can be very visible. But are we talking on the scoresheet or with the physical play. At this point I don't care about the physical play. YES, OBVIOUSLY you need physical play and players. So that's great having callahan as well as some others. But including tonight, they have been outscored 10-3 in the last 4 games. Right now goal scoring is important. Gaborik provides that whether he is soft or not. Yeah you can mention his 2 goals in the last 22 games...well who else has been scoring? Even Nash has slowed down compared to what he was doing. However, yes nash can go out and take players one on one with his big size, but you're fooling yourself if you expect Gaborik to do the same. Gaborik doesn't have the size Nash does. The rest have been a crap shoot.

To your points, did you hate Pavel Bure? I'm not being mean with this, but was he before your time? That guy was electric at times. But he was also very soft and floated a lot...a big reason for his "exciting" breakaways. Did Gaborik not help this team last year? I laugh when you say invisible when he scores. This isn't Alex Rodriguez hitting a homerun in the 8th inning when the yankees are up or down by a lot. Gaborik's goals when he scores are a big factor. Was he invisible when he scored in the 3rd OT against washington? Or when he scored in OT against Boston, Florida, and NYI last year?

How many 25-30 goal scorers who hit and play defense are out there on cheap contracts? I'd love to know? List them for me. It's ridiculous.

What you're doing is nitpicking because you don't like him. I can understand the idea of trading gaborik because he has one year left after this one and you'd like to get some assets back for him, but don't start badgering the guy because he isn't the perfect all around player that Torts has converted you and some other fans into loving and expecting in every single player that holds a roster spot here. The NHL consists of a variation of player types. The sooner you realize this the better you'll understand the concept of building a team.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:59 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Yes but as we saw w Nash. More depth being lost

Old
03-18-2013, 11:00 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
What do you guys think about my offer in the main trade thread?

Zack Kassian
Mason Raymond
Maxim Lapierre

Marian Gaborik
Brian Boyle
Jeff Halpern

The canucks take that trade and go laughing to the bank. That is by no means an even trade. You don't watch the canucks much do you?

Old
03-18-2013, 11:00 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Wouldn't even hesitate.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:01 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Yes but as we saw w Nash. More depth being lost
Kreider's not here. So it's Miller+nonroster for Ryan.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:02 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Wings are not trading Helm or Jarnkrok.
So say their fans.

And anyway, all I said is that I'd be oh so happy with that return. I don't expect it.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:03 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Kreider's not here. So it's Miller+nonroster for Ryan.
He should be and he Will be next year

Old
03-18-2013, 11:05 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
What do you guys think about my offer in the main trade thread? Some Canuck fans say they would take it easily...

Zack Kassian
Mason Raymond
Maxim Lapierre

Marian Gaborik
Brian Boyle
Jeff Halpern

That's a lot to give up.
Raymond and Lapierre are UFA's. If they walk you are left with Kassian for all those assets. Not worth it.
If they are signed, I would take out Christian Thomas or Michael St. Croix + pick and do it.
But the Canucks would not be able to fit them under the cap unless they shed some salary, either trade Luongo or Booth or Ballard.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:06 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
So say their fans.

And anyway, all I said is that I'd be oh so happy with that return. I don't expect it.
You are right, I would share that with you, would love that trade too.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:07 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
My issue is the criticism of Gaborik. Calling him soft and invisible. But who has been visible other than Nash? Callahan here and there can be very visible. But are we talking on the scoresheet or with the physical play. At this point I don't care about the physical play. YES, OBVIOUSLY you need physical play and players. So that's great having callahan as well as some others. But including tonight, they have been outscored 10-3 in the last 4 games. Right now goal scoring is important. Gaborik provides that whether he is soft or not. Yeah you can mention his 2 goals in the last 22 games...well who else has been scoring? Even Nash has slowed down compared to what he was doing. However, yes nash can go out and take players one on one with his big size, but you're fooling yourself if you expect Gaborik to do the same. Gaborik doesn't have the size Nash does. The rest have been a crap shoot.

To your points, did you hate Pavel Bure? I'm not being mean with this, but was he before your time? That guy was electric at times. But he was also very soft and floated a lot...a big reason for his "exciting" breakaways. Did Gaborik not help this team last year? I laugh when you say invisible when he scores. This isn't Alex Rodriguez hitting a homerun in the 8th inning when the yankees are up or down by a lot. Gaborik's goals when he scores are a big factor. Was he invisible when he scored in the 3rd OT against washington? Or when he scored in OT against Boston, Florida, and NYI last year?

How many 25-30 goal scorers who hit and play defense are out there on cheap contracts? I'd love to know? List them for me. It's ridiculous.

What you're doing is nitpicking because you don't like him. I can understand the idea of trading gaborik because he has one year left after this one and you'd like to get some assets back for him, but don't start badgering the guy because he isn't the perfect all around player that Torts has converted you and some other fans into loving and expecting in every single player that holds a roster spot here. The NHL consists of a variation of player types. The sooner you realize this the better you'll understand the concept of building a team.
Never saw Bure play, I'm 18 so I've never seen him play. But I understand your points, I really do, trust me.. I just want him to be skating hard, and playing decent defense, he could go out there and score 50 goals if he really wanted to, he just doesn't play with the effort. I believe we could find some decent pieces for Marian. I understand what your saying. But respectfully I disagree with you about keeping Gaborik.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
That's a lot to give up.
Raymond and Lapierre are UFA's. If they walk you are left with Kassian for all those assets. Not worth it.
If they are signed, I would take out Christian Thomas or Michael St. Croix + pick and do it.
But the Canucks would not be able to fit them under the cap unless they shed some salary, either trade Luongo or Booth or Ballard.
The way I see it is Brian Boyle and Halpern are defiantly replaceable.. And I'm sure we could resign Raymond and Lapierre, but I see your point and I didn't know they where UFA's. But I think I would do it simply because its not like where moving huge pieces, sure Halpern has been a nice addition but like I said they both are replaceable.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:13 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
The way I see it is Brian Boyle and Halpern are defiantly replaceable.. And I'm sure we could resign Raymond and Lapierre, but I see your point and I didn't know they where UFA's. But I think I would do it simply because its not like where moving huge pieces, sure Halpern has been a nice addition but like I said they both are replaceable.
I think most Rangers fans would love to get Kassian here, the question is are we willing to take a cap dump like Booth or Ballard to do it.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:15 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
He should be and he Will be next year
Yeah, but to compare it to the loss of depth from the Nash trade is asinine.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:17 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
I think most Rangers fans would love to get Kassian here, the question is are we willing to take a cap dump like Booth or Ballard to do it.
They can use their two compliance buyouts on them. The Rangers are not going to be doing anybody favors. They're giving up a 40 G scorer.

Closed Thread