HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 2 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-18-2013, 10:30 PM
  #701
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 67,103
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
1)what's his cap hit?
2)He seems too soft to be a good piece for us. Talented no doubt, but we need more sandpaper in the top6.
5 M cap hit.

Agreed, he's not an ideal fit. But this could be a good buy low situation.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:31 PM
  #702
Dekar
Registered User
 
Dekar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bound Kingdom
Posts: 5,579
vCash: 500
So Clarkson in 2013, then drop Gionta and go after Callahan, Brown, Datsyuk, or Malkin?

Sounds easy enough.

Dekar is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:31 PM
  #703
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,731
vCash: 500
Perry was never really a realistic option anyway. I think the priority needs to be to lock up the young guys we do have first.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:43 PM
  #704
dreamingofdrouin*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,163
vCash: 500
I'm kinda happy that perry re-signed just because now there's no chance the bruins or leafs get him.

dreamingofdrouin* is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:45 PM
  #705
ottawa
Avatar of the Year*
 
ottawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,322
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
I'm kinda happy that perry re-signed just because now there's no chance the bruins or leafs get him.
He'd probs be worth 9m on the open market...although it would sting, I don't know if I would mind him handicapping the Bruins or Leafs salary cap for 8 years. Personally I don't think he'll live up to his contract after 3-4 years...he turns 28 in two months, same with Getzlaf

__________________
http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v191/SpiderManNL/24cups.gif
ottawa is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:54 PM
  #706
Pax Macioretty
Registered User
 
Pax Macioretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 17,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHaboholique View Post
One year same money, sure why not
1) no way he signs 1 season whatever the team, it's his last chance at a good contract.

2) No thank you, give a chance to one of Kristo, Dumont and Leblanc to snag that 3rd line RW spot. Our top 6 is set for next season, then in 2 years you go hard for somebody to replace Gionta with the saved cap space.

Pax Macioretty is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:58 PM
  #707
Dagistitsyn
Registered User
 
Dagistitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,454
vCash: 500
Glad Perry signed. I'd rather not have him at that cap hit

I wonder how cheap we could get Jagr? Although I have a feeling that would never happen based on him saying he wanted to sign here and MB not being interested to begin with.

Dagistitsyn is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 10:58 PM
  #708
StellerEller
Neednewname:(
 
StellerEller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,433
vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
1) no way he signs 1 season whatever the team, it's his last chance at a good contract.

2) No thank you, give a chance to one of Kristo, Dumont and Leblanc to snag that 3rd line RW spot. Our top 6 is set for next season, then in 2 years you go hard for somebody to replace Gionta with the saved cap space.
in response to #2 I agree. MB will play it safe an acquire solid pieces, but won't go for the homerun until he's ready. Montreal is in no rush to sell the farm or break the bank. Our depth and our prospect pool are solid enough to allow us to wait until the right opportunity. I think you're also right about Gionta. When he goes, they'll make a splash with his 5mil.

StellerEller is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:01 PM
  #709
WeThreeKings
Retired.
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,912
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
in response to #2 I agree. MB will play it safe an acquire solid pieces, but won't go for the homerun until he's ready. Montreal is in no rush to sell the farm or break the bank. Our depth and our prospect pool are solid enough to allow us to wait until the right opportunity. I think you're also right about Gionta. When he goes, they'll make a splash with his 5mil.
Plus, we've been fooled by anomaly years before. I'd rather see this team compete consistently and do well in the play-offs before we start selling picks and prospects for players.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:08 PM
  #710
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,864
vCash: 500
moral of the story; draft, develop and re-sign your own players

Hugo Sham is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:14 PM
  #711
dreamingofdrouin*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,163
vCash: 500
what do u guys think of lapierre and latendresse...just out of curiosity....both would come real cheap in the offseason.

dreamingofdrouin* is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:20 PM
  #712
sergejean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
moral of the story; draft, develop and re-sign your own players
I agree.

And if you're looking to trade/sign, try to identify a player that has yet to reach his full potential so that you don't have to overpay.

sergejean is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:22 PM
  #713
dreamingofdrouin*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergejean View Post
I agree.

And if you're looking to trade/sign, try to identify a player that has yet to reach his full potential so that you don't have to overpay.
chrsi stewart.....although we might have just missed the chance with the year he is having

dreamingofdrouin* is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:24 PM
  #714
sergejean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
what do u guys think of lapierre and latendresse...just out of curiosity....both would come real cheap in the offseason.
I wouldn't be interested at all.

sergejean is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:25 PM
  #715
DJ Breadman
Registered User
 
DJ Breadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
what do u guys think of lapierre and latendresse...just out of curiosity....both would come real cheap in the offseason.
no and no

DJ Breadman is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:28 PM
  #716
sergejean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
chrsi stewart.....although we might have just missed the chance with the year he is having
I'd be curious to see what it would take to land Kyle Clifford from LA... At this point, i'd like to aim for sandpaper and grit but with someone who can also contribute playing hockey.

Prust is the prime example of the type of player I'd be trying to get.

sergejean is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 11:34 PM
  #717
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 67,103
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergejean View Post
I'd be curious to see what it would take to land Kyle Clifford from LA... At this point, i'd like to aim for sandpaper and grit but with someone who can also contribute playing hockey.
They would probably want our 1st since they do not have one. Even then, I am not sure they would do it. Guys like Clifford are so hard to find.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 12:12 AM
  #718
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
what do u guys think of lapierre and latendresse...just out of curiosity....both would come real cheap in the offseason.
non et non. merci quand meme

windycity is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 12:13 AM
  #719
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
They would probably want our 1st since they do not have one. Even then, I am not sure they would do it. Guys like Clifford are so hard to find.
Clifford would be great but yeah not cheap

windycity is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 12:22 AM
  #720
Bieber fever
Registered User
 
Bieber fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westmount
Posts: 6,384
vCash: 500
I don't want anybody....top player would cost too much , we have enough depth at the defense.

I would consider a better 4thliner but not enforcer ( wait until this summer for that )

Bieber fever is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 12:27 AM
  #721
Foxhole Fred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
I'd like to see more toughness on D and maybe a FO specialist but depth on D could be nice too. Maybe Ian White for a late round pick. He's getting scratched in Detroit but would be a better option than Kaberle or Weber arguably.

Foxhole Fred is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 05:14 AM
  #722
Dada
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 317
vCash: 500
Jagr ? Why not

Dada is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 05:24 AM
  #723
WhiskeySeven
BargainUnbinned
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 20,750
vCash: 300
Double post

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 05:26 AM
  #724
WhiskeySeven
BargainUnbinned
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 20,750
vCash: 300
We can easily pick up Jagr at the deadline if the price is right. And we should.

Lapierre and Lats I would definitely approach in the off-season, homeboys who've grown a lot since leaving. Damn Jacques Martin.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 05:53 AM
  #725
habsroom
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergejean View Post
I wouldn't be interested at all.
They aren't good enough to make the HABS this year. Maybe Maxim is better than Armstrong but that is it, Lats couldn't play on this team is he so slow/lazy/soft.

habsroom is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.