HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We Made Dat Avalanche | Hawks 5 - Avs 2

Old
03-18-2013, 10:50 PM
zac

vCash: 500
Q on Hossa: "Gonna say day to day, upper body"

The most cliche, worthless, generic injury update in hockey.

zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:54 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
Q on Hossa: "Gonna say day to day, upper body"

The most cliche, worthless, generic injury update in hockey.
Why would Q or the Hawks give out more information?

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:57 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Why would Q or the Hawks give out more information?
You are completely missing the point. If this is going to be the regurgitated response all injuries encompassing the wrist, chest, arm, shoulder, head (including concussions), why even say anything at all? When the statement is that generic or worthless (half the time the injuries are more serious than what they lead on), giving any sort of information is completely useless.

I'd rather have Q say I'd rather not discuss it at this time. At least that would be just as informative and much less insulting.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
You are completely missing the point. If this is going to be the regurgitated response all injuries encompassing the wrist, chest, arm, shoulder, head (including concussions), why even say anything at all? When the statement is that generic or worthless (half the time the injuries are more serious than what they lead on), giving any sort of information is completely useless.

I'd rather have Q say I'd rather not discuss it at this time. At least that would be just as informative and much less insulting.
I have given up caring. At least he isn't like Torts. That guy is a gigantic d-bag.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:59 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Quote:

Its only insulting if you think you or me or anyone else is going to get detailed inside information released to all including the opposing teams.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:01 PM
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
Teams like the Avs and Oilers have had even more higher picks than us yet look at them and look at us. both teams are going nowhere and don't even look like they're close to turning the corner.
what?

2004 - 3rd overall
2005 - 7th overall
2006 - 3rd overall
2007 - 1st overall

Avs have had 2 high picks (with a 3rd one coming this season). We also have the worst coach in the league by a mile who has no sort of system whatsoever.

Also like to remind you guys that are bagging on the fans that were at the Pepsi Center tonight that there was a time in the early 2000's that you'd go to a Hawks-Avs game in Chicago and there were 10,000 fans in a 20,000 capacity building where over half of them were Avs fans.

Good game though it was a definite beat down.

NothingLikeAnEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:08 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post
what?

2004 - 3rd overall
2005 - 7th overall
2006 - 3rd overall
2007 - 1st overall

Avs have had 2 high picks (with a 3rd one coming this season). We also have the worst coach in the league by a mile who has no sort of system whatsoever.

Also like to remind you guys that are bagging on the fans that were at the Pepsi Center tonight that there was a time in the early 2000's that you'd go to a Hawks-Avs game in Chicago and there were 10,000 fans in a 20,000 capacity building where over half of them were Avs fans.

And the amount of fans in the arena is relevant how?

Old
03-18-2013, 11:10 PM
NothingLikeAnEJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
And the amount of fans in the arena is relevant how?
Just pointing out there was once a time when the tables were turned.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:11 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
what?

2004 - 3rd overall
2005 - 7th overall
2006 - 3rd overall
2007 - 1st overall

Yeah if I was a Hawks fan I would ALWAYS remember where the Hawks came from in the mid 2000s, because that is basically where the Avs are now and you guys should know how much FUN it is getting dominated every night with the worst coach in the league by a big margin. I say this because I like the Hawks (probably not anymore because of the new division ) and I do not want their fanbase to become the Penguins and the Canucks of HFboards.

I don't consider tonight's loss revenge, to me it was more of a very good team beating a very bad team.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:12 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Well laddy friggen DAH!!

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Yeah I understand that, but no one was ragging on Avalanche fans; you responded to a post discussing draft position. I don't see how a jab at Hawks attendance was relevant at all to what was being discussed.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:15 PM
NothingLikeAnEJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Yeah I understand that, but no one was ragging on Avalanche fans; you responded to a post discussing draft position. I don't see how a jab at Hawks attendance was relevant at all to what was being discussed.
There was a guy in this thread and then a couple in the GDT that brought it up (on the main board Western Conference one). I was just killing two birds with one post haha didn't mean any harm by it.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:16 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Its only insulting if you think you or me or anyone else is going to get detailed inside information released to all including the opposing teams.
Not singling out Q here, it happens in a lot of sports, but if there is to be any kind of injury disclosure they should either be more specific or not give anything at all.

Besides, what's the purpose of not being more forthright? Most of the time, as was the case with this hit, it's pretty obvious what area is injured (arm or shoulder). The opponents, it they so wanted, will already be targeting the area anyway so what is there to gain? I'm not saying give us every detail, but is saying a minor, moderate, or major shoulder injury that much to ask? Everybody will find out one way or another as it will be pretty clear which one it was based on the time missed.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:17 PM
BronYrAur

^ Good posts, Avs fans. Hawks fans act like our team wasn't ***** for a decade.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:19 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
what?

2004 - 3rd overall
2005 - 7th overall
2006 - 3rd overall
2007 - 1st overall

Wow, you came over here to dispute this. If you notice I mentioned the Oilers in my post as well.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:22 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
^ Good posts, Avs fans. Hawks fans act like our team wasn't ***** for a decade.
Hey for almost a decade the Stars and Avalanche killed us. There was no cap and those teams took full advantage if it, while when Dollar bill did spend money he wasted it on over the hill guys like Gilmour and Coffey while then keep our bonafide stars.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:22 PM
w00d
In Saad We Trust

Quote:
I see you are unacquainted with our former owner Bill Wirtz.

w00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:23 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
Wow, you came over here to dispute this. If you notice I mentioned the Oilers in my post as well.
Yes, but the Avs don't deserve to be put in that boat. Edmonton has drafted first overall three times in a row and could potentially do it again. Now that is pathetic.

Colorado? Not even close to that.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:25 PM
NothingLikeAnEJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00d View Post
I see you are unacquainted with our former owner Bill Wirtz.
We can't match that incompetence but we do have Joe Sacco.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:29 PM
Kane At Mifflin

Quote:

Difference between the Hawks and AVS/EDM position, while very similar, both those teams are not developing any worthy Defenseman. Hawks had two future olympians on the team, while EDM has none (maybe schultz) and Avs have EJ. I think people underestimate the impact Q had on the Hawks. They never win a cup with Savard behind the bench. Q turned a really young team into a very schooled, two way minded team.

Kane At Mifflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:34 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 50
Quote:

Also, your owner would rather spend millions on a 90 acre ranch in Wyoming than spend close to the cap or hold onto anyone worth a damn at Arsenal

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:35 PM
NothingLikeAnEJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetEmKnow View Post
Difference between the Hawks and AVS/EDM position, while very similar, both those teams are not developing any worthy Defenseman. Hawks had two future olympians on the team, while EDM has none (maybe schultz) and Avs have EJ.
Definitely agree with you here. Hopefully the Avs add Seth Jones to the mix and Duncan Siemens and Tyson Barrie should be up full time in the next couple seasons as well.

^^lol he runs Arsenal just like the Avs. Get a bunch of young guys and try to develop them into stars. Although he at least signed Podolski for Arsenal.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:40 PM
Kane At Mifflin

Quote:
Definitely agree with you here. Hopefully the Avs add Seth Jones to the mix and Duncan Siemens and Tyson Barrie should be up full time in the next couple seasons as well.

^^lol he runs Arsenal just like the Avs. Get a bunch of young guys and try to develop them into stars. Although he at least signed Podolski for Arsenal.

EDM gonna draft Seth if they get the 1st overall. Schultz and Seth top D pair would be looking nice. They just have a dumb GM who needs to realize he needs to move their glut of skilled, one dimensional forwards for some help on backend and some balance in their bottom 6.

Kane At Mifflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:40 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetEmKnow View Post
Difference between the Hawks and AVS/EDM position, while very similar, both those teams are not developing any worthy Defenseman. Hawks had two future olympians on the team, while EDM has none (maybe schultz) and Avs have EJ. I think people underestimate the impact Q had on the Hawks. They never win a cup with Savard behind the bench. Q turned a really young team into a very schooled, two way minded team.
Totally agree, but Sherman has done a good enough job in rebuilding the club (look at the 2008-2009 if you want to see a transformation), at least has a sense of direction and knows that the D core needs work. Plus we do have some trade bait for the right time just in case. Our rebuild is still on going and still think our team is not bottom 5 bad, but Sacco is definitely dragging down the team to a bottom 5 pick, which might be a good thing.

The Oilers are just sucking without a plan and getting 1st round picks for their rebuild.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:45 PM
sunsoutgunsout
#redacted

Allow me to preface this by saying that I have never been a fan of Seabrook.

But, his lack of effort on the Landeskog shorty was unbelievable. Dude's on a power play and he can't be bothered to skate, and once he's beaten, can't be bothered to try to knock the puck away or even tie up Landeskog's hands. That was appalling. I read a lot about trading Bolland or Sharp in the future to ensure the Hawks hold onto Toews and Kane, but (purely hypothetically) I'd be more inclined to hold onto the two of them, Oduya, Hjammer, and Leddy, and trade Seabrook to open cap space.

Oh, and no this isn't a knee jerk reaction, I've though this for over a year.

sunsoutgunsout is offline   Reply With Quote