HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers vs. Canes | 3/18/13 | Who needs goals?

View Poll Results: 3 Stars of the Game
The King 78 82.98%
Martin Biron 1 1.06%
G-Man 3 3.19%
Eminger 0 0%
Hamrlik 1 1.06%
Del Zotto 43 45.74%
McDonagh 2 2.13%
Stralman 4 4.26%
Haley 0 0%
Halpern 1 1.06%
Boyle 1 1.06%
Powe 0 0%
JT 14 14.89%
Pyatt 0 0%
The Captain 25 26.60%
D-Steps 43 45.74%
Gaborik 7 7.45%
Nash 17 18.09%
Richards 3 3.19%
Hags 17 18.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-18-2013, 11:32 PM
  #176
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
So I should put my American Express away?
Not yet.

I'd like a Swaglin Shirt from Webleedblue...I'm a medium. PM me for my address.

http://www.webleedblue.com/swag.html

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:37 PM
  #177
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Well...I can think of maybe one thing that money can buy that might feel just as good as beating the Devils.

Have that. Awesome sweater

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:37 PM
  #178
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
There aren't too many NHL defensemen who can go from a scratch to 21 minutes as smoothly as Eminger has for us... and this is his third season doing it.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:40 PM
  #179
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
k.
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 16,177
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Not yet.

I'd like a Swaglin Shirt from Webleedblue...I'm a medium. PM me for my address.

http://www.webleedblue.com/swag.html
That is a pretty sweet shirt.

The Rangers lace up hoodie is pretty damn amazing though. All those Fansedge hoodies are pretty much the jams.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:41 PM
  #180
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
There aren't too many NHL defensemen who can go from a scratch to 21 minutes as smoothly as Eminger has for us... and this is his third season doing it.
Felt good to see Torts giving him important minutes in OT tonight. Normally I get the impression that he didn't trust him much, which I never got. Eminger has been very solid for us.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:41 PM
  #181
NYRANGERAMI*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 1,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Sorry but am I missing something where you're calling these wins and scores out here because I saw nothing that made me think NY can win.
If you dont think we can win, you dont know New York. This is a pivotal point in the season. Perhaps the most pivotal, where we rise from being mediocre and take charge of our destiny. A destiny that will carry us to great feats. I know the PP isnt great, The scoring isnt there, were really not playing well. But tomorrow night will mark the point in the season where the NY Rangers change all that. What you have been witnessing is a slight of hand, a deceitful practice, because we New York Rangers know we are better than that. So your cornered into a corner, we have only two options, Fight or flight, and New York dosent do flight. We do fight, and to the death it shall be, against a devil on ice, For as you slay the devil so the rest of the season goes. So you must ask, do the Rangers want the season to fade away, or do they want the season to turn into a miraculous one. Well ill tell ya, that even softy Gab will be on his A game tomorrow night. For he like the rest of the Rangers know, as i know, and now you know, the pivotal moment has arrived. And a cornered Ranger is a dangerous Ranger, even against a horned Devil. So forget the stats and lace up your boot straps, Tomorrow night is the night.

NYRANGERAMI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:42 PM
  #182
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
That is a pretty sweet shirt.

The Rangers lace up hoodie is pretty damn amazing though. All those Fansedge hoodies are pretty much the jams.
I'm torn between the miller time shirt they have on there and the swaglin one. Both give me chubs.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:42 PM
  #183
jacko23
KCCO!
 
jacko23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Greensboro, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
i live in Canes country and went to a random bar. my bartender happened to be a Rangers fan, so it was nice being the only two in good spirits after the game. had to celly with a little fist bump while all the CAR fans were talking trash! haha

jacko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:42 PM
  #184
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,635
vCash: 500
Missed most of the game

Let's turn this into a streak

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:43 PM
  #185
NYRSchrute217
Registered User
 
NYRSchrute217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,544
vCash: 500
The effort was there tonight. Keep playing like that and the goals will come.

NYRSchrute217 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:47 PM
  #186
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
k.
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 16,177
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
I'm torn between the miller time shirt they have on there and the swaglin one. Both give me chubs.
Yeah they're both pretty great. I personally gotta go with the Swagelin' though.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:48 PM
  #187
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
k.
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 16,177
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
Have that. Awesome sweater
It's as nice as it looks? How heavy is it? Summer is coming and down here it's brutal. I still want to be able to wear it occasionally.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:51 PM
  #188
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRANGERAMI View Post
If you dont think we can win, you dont know New York. This is a pivotal point in the season. Perhaps the most pivotal, where we rise from being mediocre and take charge of our destiny. A destiny that will carry us to great feats. I know the PP isnt great, The scoring isnt there, were really not playing well. But tomorrow night will mark the point in the season where the NY Rangers change all that. What you have been witnessing is a slight of hand, a deceitful practice, because we New York Rangers know we are better than that. So your cornered into a corner, we have only two options, Fight or flight, and New York dosent do flight. We do fight, and to the death it shall be, against a devil on ice, For as you slay the devil so the rest of the season goes. So you must ask, do the Rangers want the season to fade away, or do they want the season to turn into a miraculous one. Well ill tell ya, that even softy Gab will be on his A game tomorrow night. For he like the rest of the Rangers know, as i know, and now you know, the pivotal moment has arrived. And a cornered Ranger is a dangerous Ranger, even against a horned Devil. So forget the stats and lace up your boot straps, Tomorrow night is the night.

<fart>

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:53 PM
  #189
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,354
vCash: 476
Um... NYRAMI.... That is... We aren't wild animals in the Congo. Second of a back to back against a disgruntled Atlantic rival. Not gonna be a blowout at all.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:56 PM
  #190
nyrpassion
Vetted.
 
nyrpassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,354
vCash: 500
holy ****. just watched the nhl.com highlights. what a ****ing exciting game. loved the crowd on miller's shootout goal.
LGR!!!

nyrpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:58 PM
  #191
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik
 
Doctor King Schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Sorry but am I missing something where you're calling these wins and scores out here because I saw nothing that made me think NY can win.
I thought our defense looked a lot better. The first period was bad as usual lately but I think this was definitely a step in the right direction. The offense still leaves much to be desired. Our dominance in OT made me more confident in this team.

Doctor King Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:59 PM
  #192
NYRANGERAMI*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 1,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Um... NYRAMI.... That is... We aren't wild animals in the Congo. Second of a back to back against a disgruntled Atlantic rival. Not gonna be a blowout at all.
If you stop to think for a moment were wilder animals than those in the Congo, however thats another topic all together. Get ready to celebrate tomorrow night after the game. And get ready for a turn around to this season. Perhaps one day we'll meet at a parade, ill be on the prophet float.

NYRANGERAMI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:01 AM
  #193
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Um... NYRAMI.... That is... We aren't wild animals in the Congo. Second of a back to back against a disgruntled Atlantic rival. Not gonna be a blowout at all.
This is what happens when you shroom and watch the Rangers game.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:02 AM
  #194
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
It's as nice as it looks? How heavy is it? Summer is coming and down here it's brutal. I still want to be able to wear it occasionally.
It's not as light as a jersey, but it's more like a loose sweatshirt

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:04 AM
  #195
Pugs35
Registered User
 
Pugs35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 1,054
vCash: 500
Del Zotto was more active offensively tonight but he's been playing at this level defensively for awhile now, not sure how no one noticed this. He's probably been our best dman the last few weeks, overall.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:06 AM
  #196
pucksoup
Registered User
 
pucksoup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRANGERAMI View Post
If you dont think we can win, you dont know New York. This is a pivotal point in the season. Perhaps the most pivotal, where we rise from being mediocre and take charge of our destiny. A destiny that will carry us to great feats. I know the PP isnt great, The scoring isnt there, were really not playing well. But tomorrow night will mark the point in the season where the NY Rangers change all that. What you have been witnessing is a slight of hand, a deceitful practice, because we New York Rangers know we are better than that. So your cornered into a corner, we have only two options, Fight or flight, and New York dosent do flight. We do fight, and to the death it shall be, against a devil on ice, For as you slay the devil so the rest of the season goes. So you must ask, do the Rangers want the season to fade away, or do they want the season to turn into a miraculous one. Well ill tell ya, that even softy Gab will be on his A game tomorrow night. For he like the rest of the Rangers know, as i know, and now you know, the pivotal moment has arrived. And a cornered Ranger is a dangerous Ranger, even against a horned Devil. So forget the stats and lace up your boot straps, Tomorrow night is the night.
Totally read this post in the Reverend Brown's voice.


"He helped Gilllllllliiiigan, get off the eye-lund!"

Not a pretty win, but I will take it.

pucksoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:19 AM
  #197
NYRSchrute217
Registered User
 
NYRSchrute217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucksoup View Post
Totally read this post in the Reverend Brown's voice.


"He helped Gilllllllliiiigan, get off the eye-lund!"

Not a pretty win, but I will take it.
If loving the lord is wrong... then I don't wanna be right

NYRSchrute217 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:22 AM
  #198
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Just got home from the win, ugly win but it's 2 points for us.


Last edited by JeffMangum: 03-19-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:27 AM
  #199
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
So if this was a loss, Torts would be blamed.

Because it was a win, does Torts get credit?

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:45 AM
  #200
SA16
Two by two...
 
SA16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,128
vCash: 500
No he should still get blamed for faking everyone out and playing Gaborik at LW again.

SA16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.