HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #28 San Jose SHARKS @ Anaheim Ducks 7:00pm PDT March 18, 2013 CSNCA

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 12:34 AM
Phu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
So the Sharks have just been unlucky and not outskated and outchanced and outworked in the majority of games this year? I don't buy it.
I don't think they were any of those things tonight (don't mistake what I'm talking about)

Old
03-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
Heard this story a few times this season ... of course Blake was also huge so if anyone had a problem they could try to take it up with him.
Irwin and Burns aren't tiny either. I know Blake would make guys pay to block his shots. Its just a thought. I know I wouldn't want to wear a Burns or Irwin slapper of my knee or thigh or mid section.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:38 AM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
When is Doug going to re-sign Handzus? I'm getting worried he'll leave in the off season.
Wouldn't be surprised, Todd and D.W. seem to have this love on for this guy. Can't believe, players whom are doing absolutely nothing, such as Zus and Burish and Galiardi (when in a game) and Desi, far too often now, continue to get decent play time. They are simply brutal, we've got to have one of the softest and weakest 3rd/4th line mixes in the NHL, especially our 4th line.

I know Clowe isn't scoring anything but one thing for sure, take he and Sheppard out of the lineup, physicality is pretty much non existent in our forwards.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:41 AM
Phu

Quote:
Irwin and Burns aren't tiny either. I know Blake would make guys pay to block his shots. Its just a thought. I know I wouldn't want to wear a Burns or Irwin slapper of my knee or thigh or mid section.
He's way bigger than Irwin, and I think bigger widthwise than Burns. I think Burns could probably hold his own with this strategy, but he's good at getting his shot on net anyway so keep the screeners in there.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:41 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sharks19 View Post
Wouldn't be surprised, Todd and D.W. seem to have this love on for this guy. Can't believe, players whom are doing absolutely nothing, such as Zus and Burish and Galiardi (when in a game) and Desi, far too often now, continue to get decent play time. They are simply brutal, we've got to have one of the softest and weakest 3rd/4th line mixes in the NHL.

I know Clowe isn't scoring anything but one thing for sure, take he and Sheppard out of the lineup, physicality is pretty much non existent in our forwards.
Desi and Wingels are the only bottom sixers willing to mix it up and try to change momentum with physical play. Sheppard hits but he isn't real chippy.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:43 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
He's way bigger than Irwin, and I think bigger widthwise than Burns. I think Burns could probably hold his own with this strategy, but he's good at getting his shot on net anyway so keep the screeners in there.
Burns is a huge guy. I think Irwin has a hard shot but Burns shot seems to be hard and heavy.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:45 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
So? It doesn't mean hes not a top 4 dman and having a great year. Vastly outplaying our defenseman thats for sure.
Certainly he's a a top-4 defenseman. But his numbers look like a Norris contender, and that he is not even close to.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:46 AM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Certainly he's a a top-4 defenseman. But his numbers look like a Norris contender, and that he is not even close to.
With all due respect, that is exactly what he has been this season.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:47 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
He doesn't have the gaudy offensive numbers so you're probably right. They need two seperate defense awards.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:48 AM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
With all due respect, that is exactly what he has been this season.
I'm not sure who we're even talking about, there were no impressive defensemen for the ducks out there tonight.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:48 AM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Tell Irwin and Burns to start targeting nuts like Blake did. No one wanted to block Blakes shots because of it, I'm not even joking.
Boyle and Demers (cuz the kid is good and learns), have brought their shots up about 6-12" higher than they were shooting last season. Irwin has followed suit.

Shooting for rebounds is dead. Hell, I'd rather hit a guy in the face than skate 100' back to watch a shortie.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:51 AM
19sharks19

Quote:
Desi and Wingels are the only bottom sixers willing to mix it up and try to change momentum with physical play. Sheppard hits but he isn't real chippy.
Very true. With Desi, I have to think that playing alongside Zus and Burish has also affected his game negatively. He mixes it up but, he is so inconsistent. He must know that he has zero backup or support via his linemates.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:52 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
Boyle and Demers (cuz the kid is good and learns), have brought their shots up about 6-12" higher than they were shooting last season. Irwin has followed suit.

Shooting for rebounds is dead. Hell, I'd rather hit a guy in the face than skate 100' back to watch a shortie.

I swear early in the game they need to rip some slapshots into a few thighs and the opponent will be less anxious to get in the lane.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:54 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Very true. With Desi, I have to think that playing alongside Zus and Burish has also affected his game negatively. He mixes it up but, he is so inconsistent. He must know that he has zero backup or support via his linemates.
Well the idea of Desi-Burish-Gali was a fast and physical line that rustles the jimmies but so far Desi is a lone soldier.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:55 AM
Phu

Quote:
I swear early in the game they need to rip some slapshots into a few thighs and the opponent will be less anxious to get in the lane.
Problem with that is miss a little low and it's off a shinguard and creating a breakaway. Not that I would mind such a strategy. Whenever I see a blocked shot these days I'm actually hoping to see the defender go down. I'm reduced to that with this team.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:56 AM
Phu

Quote:
It does make you wonder. Notice no one really stood up for Zeus.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:00 AM
19sharks19

Quote:
Well the idea of Desi-Burish-Gali was a fast and physical line that rustles the jimmies but so far Desi is a lone soldier.
Boy oh boy, you can say that again...and again....and again......

Old
03-19-2013, 01:03 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
I'm not sure who we're even talking about, there were no impressive defensemen for the ducks out there tonight.
Francois Beauchemin.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:10 AM
19sharks19

Quote:
Good point. To add, Clowe is the only one whom stands up for anybody on this squad and, he was out tonight. Saturday, when the kings were trying to run Desi, nobody 'responded' in his support on his line. Put it all together and the bottom is very weak in all aspects and, obviously the 'bond' is not very tight.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:11 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Clowe is the only one whom stands up for anybody on this squad and, he was out tonight. Saturday, when the kings were trying to run Desi, nobody 'responded' in his support on his line. Put it all together and the bottom is very weak in all aspects and, obviously the 'bond' is not very tight.
Jake Muzzin "stood up" for Colin Fraser three games ago and cost the Kings the game.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:13 AM
Lebanezer

Quote:
That hit was late, and I think the other 4 sharks were all way outside the zone and didn't see it. After watching replays I was pretty shocked that wasn't a penalty, of course the refs called none of the obvious interference so...

Old
03-19-2013, 01:13 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Also:

Fear The Fin ‏@fearthefin
Including misses and blocks, Sharks outshot Ducks 22-8 with Demers on the ice 5v5. But let's keep scratching him for Douglas Murray.

Seriously.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:14 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanezer View Post
That hit was late, and I think the other 4 sharks were all way outside the zone and didn't see it. After watching replays I was pretty shocked that wasn't a penalty, of course the refs called none of the obvious interference so...
That was Cal Clutterbuck late.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:15 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Also:

Fear The Fin ‏@fearthefin
Including misses and blocks, Sharks outshot Ducks 22-8 with Demers on the ice 5v5. But let's keep scratching him for Douglas Murray.

Seriously.
He tries hard!

Old
03-19-2013, 01:17 AM
Lebanezer

Quote:
That was Cal Clutterbuck late.
Are you talking about Hall's hit on Clutterbuck or just typical Clutterbuck hits?

Closed Thread