HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #28 San Jose SHARKS @ Anaheim Ducks 7:00pm PDT March 18, 2013 CSNCA

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 01:20 AM
19sharks19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Jake Muzzin "stood up" for Colin Fraser three games ago and cost the Kings the game.
That is true but that is not the desired route, more so strong physical play and solid forchecking game. That is the desired return/standing up for your team. Clowe can bring either/or. Burish, Galiardi and Zus bring zero.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:20 AM
Evincar
Your Final Judgement

Quote:
Also:

Fear The Fin ‏@fearthefin
Including misses and blocks, Sharks outshot Ducks 22-8 with Demers on the ice 5v5. But let's keep scratching him for Douglas Murray.

Seriously.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:22 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sharks19 View Post
That is true but that is not the desired route, more so strong physical play and solid a forchecking game. That is the desired return/standing up for your team. Clowe can bring either/or. Burish, Galiardi and Zus bring zero.
What exactly what do you mean by "strong physical game", and how is strong forehecking standing up for your team? Everyone was calling on someone to do just what Muzzin did, despite the fact that that kind of behavior is 1) stupid, no reason to through a hoopla over a clean hit, and 2) gives the opponent a PP more often than not, which more often than not leads to a goal against.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:23 AM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 1150
Strange Demers switches to Colin White's number, then gets benched all the time... right?

Old
03-19-2013, 01:30 AM
sjshark91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
Strange Demers switches to Colin White's number, then gets benched all the time... right?
Too bad they didn't Bench Colin White all of last year.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:31 AM
19sharks19

Quote:
What exactly what do you mean by "strong physical game", and how is strong forehecking standing up for your team? Everyone was calling on someone to do just what Muzzin did, despite the fact that that kind of behavior is 1) stupid, no reason to through a hoopla over a clean hit, and 2) gives the opponent a PP more often than not, which more often than not leads to a goal against.
I'm not sure whom was calling for a Muzzin type response but, you must know what a strong physical game is! Some of that physical pressure we use to play with much more regularily / such as you see Clowe play with much of the time. Just watch a Bruins game, that is strong physical hockey. This is what is completely lacking in our bottom 6.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:33 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanezer View Post
Are you talking about Hall's hit on Clutterbuck or just typical Clutterbuck hits?
Typical Clutterbuck hit. Beleskey hit Zus when the puck was almost to center ice..that to me deserved a response physically.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:39 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sharks19 View Post
I'm not sure whom was calling for a Muzzin type response but, you must know what a strong physical game is! Some of that physical pressure we use to play with much more regularily / such as you see Clowe play with much of the time. Just watch a Bruins game, that is strong physical hockey. This is what is completely lacking in our bottom 6.
You're going to have to describe this "strong physical play" thing to me. I don't see Clowe doing anything of the sort. Do you mean "finishing their checks"? Does anyone actually think that finishing your checks makes your teammate feel better about getting hit, or help you win at all?

Old
03-19-2013, 01:41 AM
sjshark91

Have to love Thornton talking about SJ having a good effort tonight just a bad 4-5 minutes.

Yeah Joe you guys played a great 56 minutes of hockey What a total moron.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:47 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
Have to love Thornton talking about SJ having a good effort tonight just a bad 4-5 minutes.

Yeah Joe you guys played a great 56 minutes of hockey What a total moron.
I don't know how he can still say things like that. They had a good first and a good 15 minutes of the 3rd. 35 minutes..his math is off.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:50 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
You're going to have to describe this "strong physical play" thing to me. I don't see Clowe doing anything of the sort. Do you mean "finishing their checks"? Does anyone actually think that finishing your checks makes your teammate feel better about getting hit, or help you win at all?
I think he means from an energy stand point and to maybe get your bench going. Usually energy can be physical plays or just tenacity in winning board battles or races to loose pucks. Its contagious and teams feed off of things like that.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:53 AM
Lebanezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Typical Clutterbuck hit. Beleskey hit Zus when the puck was almost to center ice..that to me deserved a response physically.
Yeah, Clutterbuck's hits are always quite late. Watched a highlight video of him on youtube and saw a few slew foots as well.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:55 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
I don't know how he can still say things like that. They had a good first and a good 15 minutes of the 3rd. 35 minutes..his math is off.
To be fair he missed a portion of the 2nd and he didn't get drafted 1st overall for his math skills.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:56 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanezer View Post
Yeah, Clutterbuck's hits are always quite late. Watched a highlight video of him on youtube and saw a few slew foots as well.
I just notice his hits can be late. Never seen him slew foot but then again...slew foots often go undetected unless incredibly blatant.

Old
19sharks19

Quote:
Like I said, watch some Bruins hockey as the example and yes, physicality along with speed and scoring depth all adds to the strength of a team. We already have a team capable of offence (although yes Clowe and Havlat are struggling in this aspect) but too much missing in our bottom half up front. As many have mentioned, too many passengers on board.

Old
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
To be fair he missed a portion of the 2nd and he didn't get drafted 1st overall for his math skills.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:58 AM
19sharks19

Quote:
I think he means from an energy stand point and to maybe get your bench going. Usually energy can be physical plays or just tenacity in winning board battles or races to loose pucks. Its contagious and teams feed off of things like that.
Exactly and thank you G.P.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:58 AM
Bergeron47

Hey guys, Oilers fan here

Not having watched any recent games, I was wonder why Scott Gomez hasn't been tried in the top 6 recently?
He's gotten 7 points in the last 8 games playing with scrubs on the 29th ranked team in GF, meanwhile Boyle, Vlasic, Murray & Stuart have seen shifts with Thornton.

Is it because Gomez is a center, and the Sharks need a winger to play in the top 6?

Old
03-19-2013, 02:02 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
Hey guys, Oilers fan here

Not having watched any recent games, I was wonder why Scott Gomez hasn't been tried in the top 6 recently?
He's gotten 7 points in the last 8 games playing with scrubs on the 29th ranked team in GF, meanwhile Boyle, Vlasic, Murray & Stuart have seen shifts with Thornton.

Is it because Gomez is a center, and the Sharks need a winger to play in the top 6?
Well, Boyle, Vlasic, Murray, and Stuart are defensemen, so I'm not sure I see your point...

He has had opportunities in the top-6. He spent several games with Marleau and Pavelski, which didn't amount to much since Gomez has absolutely no defensive game to speak of and Marleau and Pavelski take on the toughs.

He's doing well on the third line providing secondary scoring, and that's where he should stay.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:23 AM
slocal
Global Moderator
It stinks!

Shutting 'er down. Opening a PGT is an option for those that wish to punish themselves further.

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
Closed Thread