HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME #28 - Canucks 1 vs. Wild 3 Part II - "NW Division Chumps"

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 01:33 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
wow team1040 is awful right now, Price is unbearable right now
Sheldon is pretty good. I like him.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:36 AM
Astoria
KESLERKESLERKESLER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
How do you guys avoid being major pissed of after a loss like this? I cannot even talk to people right now and I didn't even watch the 3 rd period!
Easy shmeezy... I still believe......

In next season...

Old
03-19-2013, 01:40 AM
Virtanen2Horvat
Tweet@CanucksOnARoll

vCash: 462
All we need is some moves done at the deadline and we should be fine hopefully. I hope Gillis doesn't make small moves.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:42 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksrool View Post
All we need is some moves done at the deadline and we should be fine hopefully. I hope Gillis doesn't make small moves.
I just hope he doesn't move futures for UFA's or players like Gaborik.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:43 AM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
I still believe this team is great and elite, that's probably what's getting me so upset
Expectation is the root of all heartache.

Sorry -- been reading too much Shakespeare.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:44 AM
polarbearcub

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksrool View Post
I believe this year and this up coming off season is VITAL to this team continuing to be a contender. IF gillis has any balls and any skills as a GM, he's gotta make the big bucks right now.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:47 AM
Pseudonymous

This team isn't elite, but it could be. thats what frustrates me

Having traded a goalie before the season began for the best package available.

Trading Ballard for a pick (or a right side D man)

A right handed/right sided D man

Maybe an additional scorer if you didn't acquire one in the Luongo trade which he probably would have done

Then give Jensen a shot.

I believe all these things could have been done

So it really frustrates me

Old
03-19-2013, 01:50 AM
Virtanen2Horvat
Tweet@CanucksOnARoll

vCash: 462
Quote:
I just hope he doesn't move futures for UFA's or players like Gaborik.
That would make me angry. Vishnovsky I would wait till summer cause he will be UFA. Gaborik I wouldn't bother with him, its better to get cheaper 2nd liners that can get the job done.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:51 AM
dyanc2000

I put more blame on management then on the coaches. The raw skill level of this group, especially the forwards, is simply not on par. The league has caught up to the system the coaches had to put together to make this group as successful as possible, due to its lack of overall skill level. The constant play along the boards, pass it back to the D and hope for a lucky shot is simply not getting it done.

The team has been hiding behind the smoke of grinding points in OT, playing in a weak division and some innovative special team schemes, which is now either used by everyone or teams are getting very comfortable defending it. I give the benefit of the doubt that the coaches are trying to make adjustments, but they simply don't have the group to do it.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:52 AM
Pseudonymous

Wow can't believe people are down on Gaborik. This is his probably only recent mediocre year and when a player puts up the numbers he does on a bad year, jeez. We could only dream to have a player with his natural goal scorin ability. Him on the PP with the sedins. or on the 2nd PP. We might actually be scary

Gaborik is great

Old
03-19-2013, 01:52 AM
Zarpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Kesler is very important. Him, the twins, and Luongo are what this team was built around. Of course he is missed. But I don't think for a 2nd that 1 player turns this team from a PT winner into a team that misses the playoffs. Not one bit.

There's something rotten here. If a team is this fragile, it goes beyond the players themselves. Kesler or no Kesler, there's still an issue here, and I'm pointing my finger directly at this coach as the problem.
I wonder if Malhotra being gone in addition to Kesler is having a significant impact. The Canucks end up missing their best players at faceoffs and their top two defensive centers. Even though he wasn't the player he was before the injury, Malhotra was still great at faceoffs and a positive locker room influence too.

The Canucks have gone from 1st in the league in faceoffs two years ago to 27th now. That's giving control of 4-5 possessions per game to the other team just from faceoffs.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:53 AM
Momesso

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
This team isn't elite, but it could be. thats what frustrates me

Having traded a goalie before the season began for the best package available.

Trading Ballard for a pick (or a right side D man)

A right handed/right sided D man

Maybe an additional scorer if you didn't acquire one in the Luongo trade which he probably would have done

Then give Jensen a shot.

I believe all these things could have been done

So it really frustrates me
Yeah, maybe you do give Jensen a shot. Could he be any worse than Weise or Sestito? He's been playing in a men's league, arguably one as good as the AHL. Food for thought.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:54 AM
PG Canuck

Wolves GM has said himself that Jensen hasn't shown enough to deserve a callup. I know some posters would just like to see Jensen on the roster, and see what he can bring for a few games, but at this point in time, I don't think it's necessary.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:55 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Well, I enjoyed the game even though we lost. The atmosphere at RA was pretty good.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:56 AM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Wolves GM has said himself that Jensen hasn't shown enough to deserve a callup. I know some posters would just like to see Jensen on the roster, and see what he can bring for a few games, but at this point in time, I don't think it's necessary.
My post regarding Jensen was just saying it should be done this season at one point, i dont think hes ready yet but he will be before the playoffs IMO. Or atleast for the playoffs.

All the other things in my post, should have already been done

Old
03-19-2013, 01:57 AM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Quote:
And Arniel says Ebbett's been their best player. So clearly he should be our #2 centre.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:58 AM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

vCash: 796
I thought the team as constituted competed hard but when 5 of your forwards are career sub 20 goal scorers in the AHL...

Still unhappy with the PP and the physicality - we're incredibly soft right now.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:59 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
Expectation is the root of all heartache.

Sorry -- been reading too much Shakespeare.
That is the story of my life, my friend.

Old
thepuckmonster
on the decline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
I thought the team as constituted competed hard but when 5 of your forwards are career sub 20 goal scorers in the AHL...

Still unhappy with the PP and the physicality - we're incredibly soft right now.
Its seriously shocking how soft they are without Kassian in the lineup.

Pinner, Weise and Lapierre don't instill fear in anyone. Kassian is mildly insane and full of "**** you" that scares players.

Old
PG Canuck

Quote:
My post regarding Jensen was just saying it should be done this season at one point, i dont think hes ready yet but he will be before the playoffs IMO. Or atleast for the playoffs.

All the other things in my post, should have already been done
I wouldn't mind seeing Jensen for a few games either, just to see what he can bring, but ATM, he's not ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
And Arniel says Ebbett's been their best player. So clearly he should be our #2 centre.
Jensen needs to show more in his game in the AHL though. He's producing a handful of goals in his tenure, but I believe a handful, if not all, are PPG's.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:00 AM
biturbo19

So that sucked.

I'll just make a few points here because i understand we're busy having a meltdown.

1)I about lost it before the game even started when i heard we were gonna roll Luongo tonight despite what, 9 goals in the last 2 games? If Schneider is the future...you have to give him the benefit of the doubt...not Luongo. That said...Luongo had a pretty good game as a whole. But that's really not the point in this stage of the game. Gillis has created a trainwreck with this 'two goalie system' thing.

2)The PP actually looked good. Once. The time when it scored. And despite all the constant armchair fiddling that goes on with where each guy should stand on the PP to 'fix' it...you look at the end result of that goal and see Daniel Sedin in front of the net getting hit with the puck. You have to realize that absolutely ZERO people have ever said 'Daniel Sedin is the net front presence we need to fix the PP!!!' The fact of the matter is that the constant movement on that powerplay and players switching spots all over the place all throughout, is what created the breakdown in coverage and allowed us to finally score a ****ing powerplay goal for the first time in forever.

The sad thing as that many will probably attribute it to Garrison being on the point finally (which isn't a bad thing) but he missed way more than half of his 'magic one-timers'. Either wide of the net, blocked, flubbed, or just not very good. Outside of the one PP we scored on...our powerplay continued to look stupid and absurdly stationary.

3)Pinner actually showed something tonight. I mean, he didn't cash the beautiful Sedin feed on a gift opportunity...but as a 4th liner, i'm just impressed that he identified the opportunity in the first place and got the one-timer off at all. And he had some good shifts and good plays away from that chance as well.

4)Ballard-Tanev was actually looking really good until Ballard went all-in on a potential huge hit. As we're aware...it went horribly wrong and we wonder wtf he was doing? But honestly...that's EXACTLY the way Bieksa plays. How many times have we seen Bieksa go rampaging across the ice to make some boneheaded big play hit. And honestly...if Ballard connect and flattens the guy on that hit...AV grins like an idiot. But because he missed it...he's the goat on this night. The double-standard continues. I mean, Bieksa nearly put the puck in our own ****ing net while playing Kasual Kev on the PP for ****'s sake...and zero repurcussions. It's a real shame that Ballard will probably be chilling in the press box for another half dozen games as a result of ONE ****ING PLAY. Great.

5)If ever it were apparent that a team is absolutely disgraceful at center ice...you'd think a game like this would be the tip off. I don't understand how Gillis can continue to ignore this problem any longer. It's not even just an 'injury issue'. Bring back Kesler and we still suck ballsack down the middle. We have 3 NHL calibre Centers, one of whom is Kesler who is hurt and who even knows what we'll get when he comes back again. He was brutal the last little comeback attempt. Sekeres at the intermission was right...we absolutely need to let go of this absurd idea that Kesler is a 40g 2nd line Center and get him back to where he thrives, as a 'shutdown center' with Selke upside. And bring in a '2nd-ish line Center' to fill the offensive void this team has.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:01 AM
Momesso

Quote:
He's played only a few games though. But he's the only guy down there with a big-league shot. And he's got size.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:03 AM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momesso View Post
He's played only a few games though. But he's the only guy down there with a big-league shot. And he's got size.
Exactly why he's not ready to play on the Canucks, or deserve a callup yet, he hasn't played enough games. I'm just saying, Jensen needs to show more ES with the Wolves before he's getting recalled. When the Wolves management is saying themselves he's not ready for a recall, he's not ready for a recall.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:04 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Wow can't believe people are down on Gaborik. This is his probably only recent mediocre year and when a player puts up the numbers he does on a bad year, jeez. We could only dream to have a player with his natural goal scorin ability. Him on the PP with the sedins. or on the 2nd PP. We might actually be scary

Gaborik is great
Yep move Jensen or Kassian+ for Gaborik. Get bounced in the second round with Gaborik. Have a terrible lineup with no depth the season after because of Gaborik's 7.5 million cap hit, miss the playoffs, and lose Gaborik to Free Agency. Seems like a great idea

Old
03-19-2013, 02:04 AM
Pseudonymous

Quote:

Jensen needs to show more in his game in the AHL though. He's producing a handful of goals in his tenure, but I believe a handful, if not all, are PPG's.
Hate how people talk about powerplay goals like they dont count. haha Tiranis talks as if Even Strength is more important. You know how many games we can win by having an extra PPG the odd time? Its not as if he's useless 5 on 5 either. Hes got good hustle

Closed Thread