HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Schumacher, Gibson (maybe Kitsyn) need contracts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-17-2013, 01:15 PM
  #1
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,092
vCash: 500
Schumacher, Gibson (maybe Kitsyn) need contracts

So do we sign these guys? I'd assume it's a yes on Gibson and Kitsyn. What about Schumacher? I love his size, but he really hasn't wowed me at all since being drafted. Size wise he fits the system, but do we use a contract slot for that reason?

Does anyone know how many contract slots we have open?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 01:25 PM
  #2
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,427
vCash: 500
See the organization chart, it is stickied above.

Kitsyn is signed in Russia until like 2015, IIRC. Maybe that was Prokhorkins?

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 01:26 PM
  #3
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
So do we sign these guys? I'd assume it's a yes on Gibson and Kitsyn. What about Schumacher? I love his size, but he really hasn't wowed me at all since being drafted. Size wise he fits the system, but do we use a contract slot for that reason?

Does anyone know how many contract slots we have open?
Well, Meckler and Stewart are UFA's and O'Neill, Bodnarchuk, Kozun, Jones, Kolomatis and Legein are RFA's. Likely we see 2-3 of those guys move on, so taking a chance on Schumacher wouldn't be a real tough thing to do, even if he is very raw at this point. You can't teach size.

Jason Lewis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 01:36 PM
  #4
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lewis View Post
Well, Meckler and Stewart are UFA's and O'Neill, Bodnarchuk, Kozun, Jones, Kolomatis and Legein are RFA's. Likely we see 2-3 of those guys move on, so taking a chance on Schumacher wouldn't be a real tough thing to do, even if he is very raw at this point. You can't teach size.
I agree with this. I'd like to at least see Schumacher make it up to Manchester. Maybe even consider offering Yellow Horn a contract as well. Although, I have a feeling that his size may be an issue for the kings.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:12 PM
  #5
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
Kitysn does not need to be signed. First since the new CBA now states you hold players you draft out of Europe for 4 years, instead of 2. Second the lack of transfer agreement with Russia/KHL means that players drafted out there do not have their rights expire.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:42 PM
  #6
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Kitysn does not need to be signed. First since the new CBA now states you hold players you draft out of Europe for 4 years, instead of 2. Second the lack of transfer agreement with Russia/KHL means that players drafted out there do not have their rights expire.
Does that grandfather in guys drafted under the old CBA, or just drafts going forward?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:44 PM
  #7
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Does that grandfather in guys drafted under the old CBA, or just drafts going forward?
Right, I was going to add that I was not sure if the European rights thing was only for new draft picks. We'll have to wait on the official documentation for that (freaking thing still isn't out!).

However point 2 still stands. Kings won't be losing exclusive rights to Kitsyn or Prokhorkin anytime soon.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:49 PM
  #8
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,092
vCash: 500
Thanks Holden.

I guess the question on Kitsyn then is do we sign him this off-season (his contract in Russia is up after this season). I say we sign him, even if just for one season (I think it's a standard two by the CBA) and place him in Manchester. He's got more of a NA game style anyways, so he could show us something. He has the size and skill to play in this league.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 03:01 PM
  #9
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Thanks Holden.

I guess the question on Kitsyn then is do we sign him this off-season (his contract in Russia is up after this season). I say we sign him, even if just for one season (I think it's a standard two by the CBA) and place him in Manchester. He's got more of a NA game style anyways, so he could show us something. He has the size and skill to play in this league.
For somebody that is Kitsyn's age an ELC would be 3 years.

From me, 100% I sign Kitsyn and bring him over. He is having trouble finding a role in Russia, get him over to Manchester if they can (clearly Kitsyn has the will to play in NA since he came over for Mississauga a couple years back). He still has some upside, let's get him over here and give him a chance. Worse comes to worse after a year or two it's not working for either LA or Kitsyn, they loan him back to Russia till his contract expires.

Gibson should be signed and headed to Ontario, IMO. Berube will backup Jones in Manchester next year, Gibson will be carrying the load in Ontario next year.

Schumacher is interesting. Not sure if he'll get a contract. Be close.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 03:28 PM
  #10
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,118
vCash: 500
I'm sure Gibson will get a contract. He still has upside and has improved a bit.

Schumacher... I don't think so. I like him, and he has okay numbers, but the Kings have had players like him in the past, like Geordie Wudrick. Great size and skill, but didn't use the size enough to take over the game.

I'd like to see him signed, but I don't expect it.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:17 PM
  #11
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
I can tell you that Kitsyn plans on coming to NA asap and playing for the Kings. He is ready and should be a very solid fit for us on LW. The only hold up would be if someone in the KHL offers him allot of money which I don't see happening. He wouldn't stick around for anything other than a ton of cash.

Holden is right on the money.

I can't see us giving up on Gibson.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:34 PM
  #12
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I can tell you that Kitsyn plans on coming to NA asap and playing for the Kings. He is ready and should be a very solid fit for us on LW. The only hold up would be if someone in the KHL offers him allot of money which I don't see happening. He wouldn't stick around for anything other than a ton of cash.

Holden is right on the money.

I can't see us giving up on Gibson.
Can we sign him to come over this season when his Russian teams season is over? I'd assume he wouldn't have to go through wiavers, since he's on our reserve list, imilar to the whole O'Reilly situation (where he wouldn't have had to clear waivers if Colorado signed him, but he would have if Calgary signed him). Or does his Russian contract run until later, like how NHL contracts run until June 30th?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:49 PM
  #13
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Can we sign him to come over this season when his Russian teams season is over? I'd assume he wouldn't have to go through wiavers, since he's on our reserve list, imilar to the whole O'Reilly situation (where he wouldn't have had to clear waivers if Colorado signed him, but he would have if Calgary signed him). Or does his Russian contract run until later, like how NHL contracts run until June 30th?
Good question. In short, I don't know.

Does the new CBA effect this seasons stuff because if it does then I have zero idea of how it would work. If it doesn't then I believe he would have to go through waivers but I am not certain. I wouldn't risk it, let him go to rookie camp and then camp and make the team. It would by nice to have him MCH for the rest of the season and available to us for the playoffs if needed. A solid black ace.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:54 PM
  #14
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Can we sign him to come over this season when his Russian teams season is over? I'd assume he wouldn't have to go through wiavers, since he's on our reserve list, imilar to the whole O'Reilly situation (where he wouldn't have had to clear waivers if Colorado signed him, but he would have if Calgary signed him). Or does his Russian contract run until later, like how NHL contracts run until June 30th?
Like you say, since he is on our reserve list he would not have to clear waivers.

Russian contracts do run until May 30th (I believe), but since Torpedo (his KHL team) is done, I would imagine they would have no problem releasing him early. Sibir Novosibirsk has done that for Jets RFA D Arturs Kulda who is set to return to Winnipeg next week.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:12 AM
  #15
Primakov!
Registered User
 
Primakov!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Yesteryear
Posts: 1,419
vCash: 500
Contract slots are at 45 total with 3 that do not have to count. Because the players are not at the pro-level (AHL/NHL) we're technically at 42.

Cap Geek Link

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.