HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Will the "Zucc" be back? (3/25: Agrees to terms)

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 02:49 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

vCash: 500
The more time that passes with out any news or what ever, the less chances it is of im getting "that" call...

But it's not like we're putting 3-6 goals a game at the moment so there's still that little glimmer of hope....but it's getting slimmer and slimmer as time goes by...

Old
03-19-2013, 03:45 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
The more time that passes with out any news or what ever, the less chances it is of im getting "that" call...

But it's not like we're putting 3-6 goals a game at the moment so there's still that little glimmer of hope....but it's getting slimmer and slimmer as time goes by...
If there was a serious interest from the Rangers, he would be there now. Zuke will stay in KHL, and play for Norway this coming WC.

99,9% sure.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:35 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

vCash: 50
Tors appears a bit stubborn, so if it's up to him, Zuke is not the answer when in a losing streak, and when winning he dosen't really need him. Hard to figure out the right moment other than just before the deadline if the options are imited and the final contract spot is still open? Barring any cap restrictions, and that Metallurg will accept him playing only the play off and return for next season, something that sounds like a lose lose situation for them. Can't really see Tors / Slats wanting to offer a one way - two year deal now if not desperate at the deadline?

Old
03-19-2013, 05:45 AM
Ola

Quote:

We know that a call has been made, undoubtedly Zucc would have been here had he accepted a 1-year contract.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:24 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

There is some kind of curse when it comes to Norwegians and the NHL. Just not going to happen.
Bjørn Skaare - played one game, got injured and decided himself he wasn't ready although Red Wings wanted him on the team. When back to IHL? and never came back. Died in a traffic accident way too young.
Espen Knutsen - unfortunate bounce of the puck with fatal injury of spectator. Head first in the boards and career ending injury during / post lock out.
Patrick Thoresen - almost? lost a nut while covering a shot from the blueline. Never got the contract he deserved.
Anders Myrvold - on his way back to the NHL but got in some last minute visa trouble.
Holøs - had some unvise blog comments as I can recall- didn't bother fight back up from the AHL.
Olimb - hurt in fight with teammate - went back.
Zuke - injured when he finally was doing as he was told, and in Torts plans, now he's stuck it seems.
Tollefsen - not bothered it seems, even though offers were there.

As comes to the draft pick most likely to end up in the NHL - Søberg (GK) decided not show up on camp, leave his WHL junior team while under contract and went back Oslo without his playing card. Having a good season, but history is not with him.

Good thing is our national team ends up with NHL skilled players.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I expect Frederik Andersen to have a very, very good NHL career. If not in Anaheim then somewhere else.

Zucc could play here, but its looking less and less likely.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Fredrik Andersen is very good. But unfortunately equally Danish.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:48 PM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnelundefaret View Post
There is some kind of curse when it comes to Norwegians and the NHL. Just not going to happen.
Bjørn Skaare - played one game, got injured and decided himself he wasn't ready although Red Wings wanted him on the team. When back to IHL? and never came back. Died in a traffic accident way too young.
Espen Knutsen - unfortunate bounce of the puck with fatal injury of spectator. Head first in the boards and career ending injury during / post lock out.
Patrick Thoresen - almost? lost a nut while covering a shot from the blueline. Never got the contract he deserved.
Anders Myrvold - on his way back to the NHL but got in some last minute visa trouble.
Holøs - had some unvise blog comments as I can recall- didn't bother fight back up from the AHL.
Olimb - hurt in fight with teammate - went back.
Zuke - injured when he finally was doing as he was told, and in Torts plans, now he's stuck it seems.
Tollefsen - not bothered it seems, even though offers were there.

As comes to the draft pick most likely to end up in the NHL - Søberg (GK) decided not show up on camp, leave his WHL junior team while under contract and went back Oslo without his playing card. Having a good season, but history is not with him.

Good thing is our national team ends up with NHL skilled players.
There is no doubt in my mind that Zuccarello could be a really good top 6 player in the NHL, but for the right team. The Rangers is not the right team as long as Tortoralla is the coach.

Actually I think the best for him right now is to stay calm, and finish his contract in the KHL. Next year he will be a UFA, and he could choose from other clubs than the Rangers. Pretty sure other NHL teams will show interest in him then. Maybe Maurice will return to the NHL and take Zuke with him.......

And he could always stay in the KHL or even return to Sweden and SEL.

Talking about other possible NHL players from Norway, you mentioned goalkeeper Søberg. His brother Markus could be the next norwegian NHL player, and people in Norway are speculating that Markus Søberg could be the first ever norwegien first rounder in the NHL Entry Draft... Plays for Frölunda and is only 17 years old.

And then of course the kid Mathias Emilio Pettersen.....Only 13 years old, but has some special talent. Maybe we will se him in the NHL?

Last edited by TigerJack: 03-19-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old
03-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Green Blob*

IMO this should really be a no brainer. Our bottom 6 cannot find the back of the net for the life of them, our 3rd line no doubt would be in dead last if we tallied every teams bottom 6 goal totals. Zuke while he wont be scoring every game, will at least give the 3rd line some creativity, something they strongly lack (aside from JT Miller here and there).

If we aren't going to buyout Richards or Gabbys in the offseason (not saying we should), then we should really use it on Pyatt, I haven't seen someone on this team as useless as him since Adam Hall.

Kreider - Miller - Zuke ... Speed, Size and a great mix of playmaking and scoring ability on the line..

Just my 2 cents, be easy on me, first post :p

Old
03-20-2013, 05:40 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

The Gods have spoken. Taylor Pyatt will be bought out this summer

Old
03-20-2013, 05:44 PM
Green Blob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
First post and im already being called a god? I think i'm going to like it here!

Old
03-21-2013, 09:57 PM
North Star

vCash: 572
Enough is enough, bring him back now!!!

Old
03-21-2013, 10:12 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

We have 1 buyout. We are not using an amnesty on taylor ****ing Pyatt. Beaver is bought out in either the summer of 2013 or 2014.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:43 AM
Dangleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
LOL wut?? The buyout has Richards name all over it. I'd even go as far to say I would personally fly out to Vegas and put $1,000 down on that.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:02 AM
Sticky Fingers

Sign him up already, put Miller on C between him and Kreider. Then watch Miller givin away the puck like it was candy on Halloween and the three of them ending up -20 after a handful of game.

Serious though, right now there is no reason for us to not sign him, we need any creativity we can get. That along with moving Boyle to 4C would most likely be an improvement.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:50 AM
NickyFotiu

Torts said in the paper he wants power play help. He said he wants someone to take over the power play. It sounded like he meant a player. He also said he did not know if that will ever happen.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:27 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Sure..why not?

Could spark the team..

Could be a difference maker..

Could be..could be ..

Old
03-22-2013, 09:36 AM
NickyFotiu

What do you guys think is stopping this from happening?

A. Torts?
B. Slats?
C. Zooks wanting too much money?
D. Too many contracts?

Old
03-22-2013, 09:37 AM
Kendo

While he may not be "the answer," he could be a great help to the 3rd line and PP2. As it stands, we are one injury away from having CK or Pyatt in the top 6. While I really like what CK can bring to the team, we're in some trouble if we need to rely on him in a top 6 role. I think Zuke would be a much better fit if it came to that.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Vitto79

so this guy getting signed or what?

If Halpern is claimed it clears a contract and signing Zuccarello brings them back to 49.

50 would handicap them at the deadline so I could see why they would not by then

Waiving Halpern who could easily be picked up makes more sensee than Bickel / Gilroy who are likely to clear which would not take a contract off the books

Old
03-22-2013, 12:16 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangleberry View Post
LOL wut?? The buyout has Richards name all over it. I'd even go as far to say I would personally fly out to Vegas and put $1,000 down on that.
Read the post above mine

Old
03-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post

A. Torts?
B. Slats?
D. Too many contracts?
D + Zuke wants two years, Rangers only want to offer one. Could be changing soon though.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post

A. Torts?
B. Slats?
D. Too many contracts?
My Guess is...

D, A,C and B in that order...

Old
03-22-2013, 02:51 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

I also don't get why they didn't explore a trade for Halpern if the "plan" was for him to be picked up. Maybe they did.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:58 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
My Guess is...

D, A,C and B in that order...
I could see A, C and D but I think Slats has always wanted Zooks.

Closed Thread