HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nassau Coliseum Visitor FAQ

Old
03-02-2013, 02:26 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Hi to all,

One of my friend from Montreal is going to the game next Wednesday with the Isles and the Habs. He was wondering how to get to the rink from the Yotel in Manhattan. He's not planning to rent a car so what's the easiest way? Is there any shuttle he can take from New York to Long Island? Can he take the same transportation whether it's to go to Uniondale and to go back to New York? He is wondering if the same available transportation that could get him there would be the same as the one that would leave Long Island after the game. I know there's already some infos in this thread but was wondering if there was anything more precise in regards to Manhattan to Long Island. And the easiest way possible and cheapest way possible would be nice. Thanks for responding!

Can anyone assist?

03-02-2013, 05:45 PM
PJGooch

Quote:
Would have really appreciated to have an answer regarding this....If this isn't the proper place to receive an answer...where is it?
Easiest? Go to Penn Station in Manhattan and take the Long Island Railroad to Mineola. Hop in a cab at the Mineola station. Ask the cab driver how to arrange a cab for after the game. Cab to Mineola after the game and head back to Manhattan.

Won't necessarily be cheap -- taxis on Long Island are no bargain, even if the ride is only a few minutes.

PJGooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJGooch View Post
Easiest? Go to Penn Station in Manhattan and take the Long Island Railroad to Mineola. Hop in a cab at the Mineola station. Ask the cab driver how to arrange a cab for after the game. Cab to Mineola after the game and head back to Manhattan.

Won't necessarily be cheap -- taxis on Long Island are no bargain, even if the ride is only a few minutes.
Thanks a lot. How about Hempstead instaed of Mineola? Is it that different?

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:26 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quick question, on the ends are there no seats directly on the glass? From the images I saw it looks like a walkway and all the seats are set back:

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:48 PM
lost35*

Quote:
here is a guide http://www.nassaucoliseum.com/ViewAr...CLID=204937644

they recommend the Hempstead or the Westbury stops

lost35* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:51 PM
PJGooch

Quote:
Mineola is a busier station and will have more trains coming from and going back into Manhattan.

PJGooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:28 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Quick question, on the ends are there no seats directly on the glass? From the images I saw it looks like a walkway and all the seats are set back:
btw I'm asking for a relative I'm not planning on going to root against the islanders

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Russ2582

Send a message via AIM to Russ2582
Has anyone been to Doolins Pub?

Russ2582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post

This is correct. Sucks for watching the game, great for beating traffic in the concourse Honestly, avoid the first few rows at the NVMC anyway. Most arenas have the first row about half way up the boards, at the NVMC the first row is at ice level, so you basically stare into the boards if you're sitting in the first five rows. If you're going to get good seats, anywhere in the 200 level is perfect. It starts 11 rows off the ice.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Since we get questions about the view from the top row I took a couple pictures when I went to the last game against the Capitals bought the cheapest seats available on stubhub here is the view from section 340 highest possible seat:

As you can see the scoreboard is cut off.. The TV's are good cause it will show the plays/replays but it doesn't have a clock so I had to duck down a little bit to see the time remaining and PP clock other than that it's fine. (note this picture was taken standing up so it is a little higher vantage point than when sitting)

Moved down two rows and here was able to see the scoreboard just fine and no problems with the clock:

I know it was stated that 319 has obstructed view of the ice.. I will try and get pictures during the next home game.

-The pictures look a little different because I used the panoramic option on my phone for the first one.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:21 AM
GhostOfDaveScatchard

Free Parking Around NVMC

Where are the best places to park for free in the area? Does the Marriott still have free parking? Does it fill up before games?

GhostOfDaveScatchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:32 AM
Bunk Moreland

I've never parked in the Marriott.. I've parked several times in the Nassau community college parking lot.. You need a permit but I've never personally gotten a ticket.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:04 AM
WhaleSoundTigers

Morning -

Going to the game tomorrow and wanted to try to get autographs before

Anyone have tips

Is montreal at the marriott?

Morning Skate best?

Thank you

WhaleSoundTigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 02:47 PM
JTforPres2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfDaveScatchard View Post
Where are the best places to park for free in the area? Does the Marriott still have free parking? Does it fill up before games?
Park across the street by the Starbucks (not in the lot but on the street). Usually, a ton of spots and it's legal.

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:29 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTforPres2012 View Post
Park across the street by the Starbucks (not in the lot but on the street). Usually, a ton of spots and it's legal.
Just be careful crossing Hempstead Tpke, there's a pedestrian bridge by Hofstra..

Old
04-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Lepardi

I'm sorry if this question isn't suitable for this thread, but here I go: I'm coming to New York in late April but the Islanders don't have a home game during my stay. Is there a place in Manhattan where I could find a Mark Streit t-shirt?

Lepardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepardi View Post
I'm sorry if this question isn't suitable for this thread, but here I go: I'm coming to New York in late April but the Islanders don't have a home game during my stay. Is there a place in Manhattan where I could find a Mark Streit t-shirt?
Your best bet is to try the NHL store in Manhattan:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26423

Old
04-03-2013, 10:09 PM
BorzNYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepardi View Post
the nhl store on 47th street and 6th avenue currently has more streit t-shirts then they know what to do with (not kidding). enjoy nyc!

BorzNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Edr1971

Help with 300 level needed

Been years since going to game at NVMC and was wondering if the railing in front of row a effects sight lines. Have opportunity for row aisle seat or row b aisle in section 307. Any advice on railing would be gret

Edr1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edr1971 View Post
Been years since going to game at NVMC and was wondering if the railing in front of row a effects sight lines. Have opportunity for row aisle seat or row b aisle in section 307. Any advice on railing would be gret
I always sit in the 300s (anywhere from A to R). Never noticed the railings down on the bottom so therefore I'd say no, it doesn't effect sight lines.

I don't think they have those 300 boxes in that section either, which means the section has a shorter wall as well. 99.999% sure its a none issue.

Last edited by Renbarg: 04-05-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
I always sit in the 300s (anywhere from A to R). Never noticed the railings down on the bottom so therefore I'd say no it doesn't effect sight lines.

I don't think they have those 300 boxes in that section either, which means the section has a shorter wall as well. 99.999% sure its a none issue.
I don't recall ever having an issue with it either.

Old
04-08-2013, 11:47 AM
dewey

Not trying to jinx anything, but if there are games left after the final road trip, I have a few questions for you folks that live on the island, because I will be there for those home games . What would be the best airport to fly into? Where would you recommend staying that is middle of the road rate wise? Whats the best place to find tickets, stub hub? And i guess it would be best to go for 200 seats? Thanks a lot for your time.

dewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewey View Post
Not trying to jinx anything, but if there are games left after the final road trip, I have a few questions for you folks that live on the island, because I will be there for those home games . What would be the best airport to fly into? Where would you recommend staying that is middle of the road rate wise? Whats the best place to find tickets, stub hub? And i guess it would be best to go for 200 seats? Thanks a lot for your time.
Convenience wise JFK is probably best option but you could fly into LaGuardia or Islip and it would be fine. When I travel I use Hotels.com or priceline easiest way to find good hotel prices never had to get a hotel over here so I'm going to be no help there. Stubhub is usually your best option for tickets.

Old
04-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Quickdraw2828

I'm goingtothe game tonight, unfortunately staying out in Hauppauge. Is there a train I could take from Hauppaugue or nearby towns that would be easier than driving and paying to park?

Do the trains run late?

Thanks

Quickdraw2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Chardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw2828 View Post
I'm goingtothe game tonight, unfortunately staying out in Hauppauge. Is there a train I could take from Hauppaugue or nearby towns that would be easier than driving and paying to park?

Do the trains run late?

Thanks

You could take the train from Smithtown, Central Islip, or Ronkonkoma (with possible change at Hicksville) to Westbury and taxi from there, but total cost will be more than driving and parking. Not to mention the hassle of doing that both ways. Coliseum is not transit-friendly, which is a big reason for the move to Barclays.

Chardo is offline   Reply With Quote