HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Expansion

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 05:57 AM
russianhockey

vCash: 500
A. Medvedev: olivia gdansk will not join next year, because of financial problems. but he said all other things (infrastructure etc.) are great.

other point he mentioned is:
negotiations with Milano & Zagreb are running.
No words about stavanger.

source: http://rsport.ru/hockey/20130319/652053674.html

Old
03-19-2013, 06:04 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianhockeyDOTde View Post
A. Medvedev: olivia gdansk will not join next year, because of financial problems. but he said all other things (infrastructure etc.) are great.

If not a problem, can you translate in short what exactly did he say about Medveščak Zagreb ? I would like to copy-paste answer on croatian hockey forum

Old
03-19-2013, 06:15 AM
Masson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
If not a problem, can you translate in short what exactly did he say about Medveščak Zagreb ? I would like to copy-paste answer on croatian hockey forum
"As for the" Milan "and" Medveščak ", then there is still time - said Medvedev. - It would be nice if 28 (teams in the KHL), but if it is less - do not worry."

Please say me URL Croatian forum)

Old
03-19-2013, 06:18 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masson View Post
"As for the" Milan "and" Medveščak ", then there is still time - said Medvedev. - It would be nice if 28 (teams in the KHL), but if it is less - do not worry."

Please say me URL Croatian forum)
Thanks !

But bold part I didn't understand ? You want link of Croatian forum, or you want to be mentioned as one who translated it for me ?

Old
03-19-2013, 06:24 AM
Masson

Quote:
Thanks !

But bold part I didn't understand ? You want link of Croatian forum, or you want to be mentioned as one who translated it for me ?
yes, please link Croatian forum

Old
03-19-2013, 06:27 AM
russianhockey

Sorry, i was away.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:30 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masson View Post
yes, please link Croatian forum
http://www.hrhokej.net/forum/index.php

There are five topic about Medvescak, most interesting in last time is Khl Medveščak - u KHL-u (trasnalte : KHL (which stands in croatian for ice hockey club) Medveščak : in KHL league).

Old
03-19-2013, 06:40 AM
hockeyamateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianhockeyDOTde View Post

From what I have heard about Stavanger they will play in GET-ligaen this year(2013), join ET(already applied and met the requirements) the year after that, and then season 2015/16 nothing is mentioned.

From what I have heard of the KHL application it was more or less to get information of the requirements to join. So they are interested and might very well make an official application in the coming years.

Their official plan as been mentioned in Norwegian media is that they will start this year by widthen their roster with better Norwegian players, get rid of the 'bad' import players, Martin Strandfeldt will change to Norwegian citizenship, and they will try to sign a few good imports as well.

For season 2014/15, as they join the ET, they plan to edge their roster once again, this time with top European players, and they will prefer Norwegian.

And for season 2015/16, nothing has been mentioned.

Last edited by hockeyamateur: 03-19-2013 at 06:47 AM.
Old
03-19-2013, 06:54 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

J17 Vs Proclamation

Ok, I will try one more time. Do you want european competition like UEFA Champions League? Would it be good for euro hockey and its clubs?

Old
03-19-2013, 06:59 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
J17 Vs Proclamation

Ok, I will try one more time. Do you want european competition like UEFA Champions League? Would it be good for euro hockey and its clubs?
I won't pretend i am entirely well versed on the previous situations, but one thing is for sure, the UEFA Champions league is an entirely different economical beast.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:20 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

J17 Vs Proclamation

Are you for or against hockey competition like UEFA Champions league is in soccer?

If you are against it, so there is no discussion with you - keep domestic leagues as before. Your choice.

If you are for it, what is different from KHL? The best (economically etc) clubs play KHL (UEFA Champions league), worse play something else (UEFA Europe League). No problem for me. You can not have 12 SEL teams in european competitions, even GB has only a few teams in euro soccer competitions, not all.

I have no idea how euro hockey club map will look like in 20+ yrs, but I am sure KHL will be a strong player on chessboard. If some country miss the train now, it will have problem to get into process in future.

Now it looks like KHL wants club or two in every important (for KHL) market, no swedish club. On the other hand there are negotiations among IIHF, ET, KHL about new model of euro competitions. We will see what happens. I can imagine cooperation ET/KHL but the same time I can imagine KHL to destroy ET. You might not like it but it is like politics, stonger side wins.. and KHL is stronger than ET. Maybe you dont know, but Fasel is pro-KHL.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:53 AM
Masson

Quote:
http://www.hrhokej.net/forum/index.php

There are five topic about Medvescak, most interesting in last time is Khl Medveščak - u KHL-u (trasnalte : KHL (which stands in croatian for ice hockey club) Medveščak : in KHL league).
thank you

Old
03-19-2013, 08:39 AM
Jonimaus

Quote:
hockeyamateur
thx for evidence. It is interesting that swedish media care about KHL if Sweden dont have team here. It says about something... yes, it is normal that swedish media care about nordic players in KHL. Slovak/Czech media do the same with NHL and KHL (much more space in media than NHL)
Which evidence? He wrote some crap and you take it as evidence because you agree with it? Please, what a joke.

All of what he said is ********, I'd even go so far to say he's probably not even Swedish, or he's a Russian living in Sweden. Check the website he linked, you can see how prioritized KHL is, not a single news about it on the front page.

Check Aftonbladet.se/sportbladet the biggest newspaper in Sweden, it has 0 news about KHL, and has not had one since the plane crashed. Swedish media does not care, the people does not care.

Quote:
many Swedes commented "why can't we have a team in the KHL?", "This is wonderful, we can visit their games", "We should get one too" etc. etc.
Unless you can find a link to that, I call so much ******** it's not even funny.

You come with big statements contradicting everything every Swede on this forum has said, and provide no evidence/links/anything. You can't expect to be taken seriously by anyone with any kind of cred.

Last edited by Jonimaus: 03-19-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old
03-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
KHL has existed 5 years there cannot be significant improvement because you cant raise young new hockey players in 5 years.
The logic many people said was that putting the best Latvian players in the same team would help the national team automatically. Some are saying it would help Finland and Sweden as well.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:57 AM
Jonimaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
The logic many people said was that putting the best Latvian players in the same team would help the national team automatically. Some are saying it would help Finland and Sweden as well.
Too bad those are playing in the NHL.

Honestly, I could be ok with KHL, but they'd have to take at least 10-14 of the swedish teams, and a lot of the finnish ones too. Create a nordic division could work because there'd be some natural rivalry between the swedish and finnish teams, not like between Djurgården and AIK and so on, but it could be interesting. I think Swedes would be ok with their team playing swedish teams and other nordic ones in a league.

But that would be one heck of an expansion, 20+ish teams in one go.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:05 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Well,yeah that idea is kind of rubbish,but if we talk about how KHL has helped latvian hockey-its waaay early to tell atleast 10 years need to pass for us to make any statements.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:06 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonimaus View Post
Too bad those are playing in the NHL.

Honestly, I could be ok with KHL, but they'd have to take at least 10-14 of the swedish teams, and a lot of the finnish ones too. Create a nordic division could work because there'd be some natural rivalry between the swedish and finnish teams, not like between Djurgården and AIK and so on, but it could be interesting. I think Swedes would be ok with their team playing swedish teams and other nordic ones in a league.

But that would be one heck of an expansion, 20+ish teams in one go.
Do you have money for it? Why do not you have Nordic league?

Old
03-19-2013, 09:09 AM
Jonimaus

Quote:
Do you have money for it? Why do not you have Nordic league?
There has been vague talk about it in the news a while ago (at least a year) if I remember right, but I think it was more about an EU league with a nordic division.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:20 AM
BalticWarrior

I just dont get why swedish and finnish posters come here to argue about FEL/SEL teams joining the KHL because it always goes full circle and were back to sqaure one,and round and round it goes.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:23 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonimaus View Post
There has been vague talk about it in the news a while ago (at least a year) if I remember right, but I think it was more about an EU league with a nordic division.
Another thing we Finns and Swedes have in common, inability of trying to get something started quickly or together.

About Vorky's tinfoil hat like thoughts of Kurri's visit to SKA, it might have something to do with him being GM of the national team and national team's head coach Jukka Jalonen coaching at SKA. Kurri also rarely turns down an opportunity to play any charity or old timers games. Besides, it's not like Kurri has any real power in Finnish hockey. We all know who holds the strings here.

Last edited by Jussi: 03-19-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old
03-19-2013, 09:25 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
I just dont get why swedish and finnish posters come here to argue about FEL/SEL teams joining the KHL because it always goes full circle and were back to sqaure one,and round and round it goes.
Because we're not the ones saying constantly being told that we should be joining KHL. If we feel there's false information spread around, we'll of course correct them. I also thought we were allowed to express our opinions on different subjects at various sections of this board, forgive me for thinking so.

Last edited by Jussi: 03-19-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old
03-19-2013, 09:30 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Because we're not ones saying constantly that we should be joining KHL. I also thought we were allowed to express our opinions on different subjects at various sections of this board, forgive me for thinking so.
TBH,i couldnt give two ***** about swedes or finns joining if you guys want to join fine if not then also fine (I`m more interested in KHL fixing its ****,building new arenas and so on),and i`m not against expressing opinions,but i think theres no point of arguing because you will aways have your arguments and opinions and vorky and other khl posters have theirs,it will always come full circle.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:40 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
TBH,i couldnt give two ***** about swedes or finns joining if you guys want to join fine if not then also fine (I`m more interested in KHL fixing its ****,building new arenas and so on),and i`m not against expressing opinions,but i think theres no point of arguing because you will aways have your arguments and opinions and vorky and other khl posters have theirs,it will always come full circle.
True, it is really pointless. But the point was, can you really blame us for trying to correct info people from other countries think they have of our countries? It's not like we're trying to tell e.g. the Latvian people how they should run their country or hockey. It's the "other side" that is in need of an attitude adjustment.

Last edited by Jussi: 03-19-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old
03-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Theokritos

Quote:
Are you for or against hockey competition like UEFA Champions league is in soccer?
If you are for it, what is different from KHL? The best (economically etc) clubs play KHL (UEFA Champions league), worse play something else (UEFA Europe League).
The KHL is not like the UEFA Champions League. The Champions Hockey League was.

Quote:
You can not have 12 SEL teams in european competitions, even GB has only a few teams in euro soccer competitions, not all.
But Russia has 20 teams in the KHL. Why? Because the KHL is NOT comparable to "euro soccer competitions".

Old
03-19-2013, 09:58 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Forget about KHL.. just simple Q, what does Swedes want? Status quo of national league without european competition? Champions League? If so, do they have money (because Russians will not support it)? Do they want Nordic league? If so, why not Nordic league and one/two clubs in KHL?

Quote:
Because we're not ones saying constantly that we should be joining KHL. I also thought we were allowed to express our opinions on different subjects at various sections of this board, forgive me for thinking so.
I agree, everyone has right to express his/her opinion. I respect it. On the other hand I have experiance with KHL´s expanssion .. and I say you: Nobody will ask fans from Sweden/Finland if they want KHL team. If KHL has an opinion that finnish/swedish KHL club is right step, they will establish it. Nobody will ask.. like in Prague. Did anybody ask fans of Sparta/Slavia if they want Lev in the city? Not. Slovan asked formally fans if they prefered joining czech league or KHL. Majority was for czech league, but club joined KHL. That is how it works.. you dont have to believe me, you will see the reality after a few yrs. Or maybe not.

I will repeat myself, because nobody answered me. Why Kurri play for Gazprom Export (russian veteran/hobby team whose captain is president of KHL)? Why Kurri? Why not other former player from Finland? Why finnish legend play for russian/KHL veteran team? Does he love Russians? Does he play any role in KHL´s expanssion to Finland?

Closed Thread