2013 OHL Priority Selection Prospects Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 10:14 AM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
kirwan has a late birthday - so after he's finished with NTDP he'll still have a year to kill before he can be drafted. that might be why he's trying to make sure he gets drafted by the knights...because that's where he wants to play in his birth year. although, i don't know why the knights would use their 1st on someone who won't come for another two years.
The knights wont take him in Round 1 unless they know he will play next year for them. Otherwise he will be selected in the mid rounds.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:25 AM
GangGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
The knights wont take him in Round 1 unless they know he will play next year for them. Otherwise he will be selected in the mid rounds.
I agree about the later rounds, because the Knights roster is looking pretty full for next year as it is. Especially at forward. I could see a flyer on Kirwan in the 3rd round or later if he's there still. The Knights really need to start stocking up their D corps. Seems like a good draft to do it. Vande Sompel and Walters or White at # 19 and 23 would be a good start if they're still there. Just not a goalie please

Old
03-19-2013, 10:28 AM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
I agree about the later rounds, because the Knights roster is looking pretty full for next year as it is. Especially at forward. I could see a flyer on Kirwan in the 3rd round or later if he's there still. The knights really need to start stocking up their D corps. Seems like a good draft to do it. Vande Sompel and Walters at # 19 and 23 would be a good start if they're still there. Just not a goalie please
Vande Sompel and Walters would be excellent selections. Vande Sompel played with the London Nationals Jr B this year and was put at forward for the first time ever in his career. He did so well his London GOld square kept him at forward after he returned to there squad. Interesting to see what position he will play next year. Im leaning toward forward. Im pretty sure London will draft a goalie with one of there 3rd round picks in this years draft after the Herbst health issues.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:50 AM
JansenHockey

Quote:
Nice List. Jake Lawr is a 98 though.

Do u thnk the first goalie is taken late round 2 or round 3? I think Adrian Clark will be one of the first names called.
I didn't know he was a 98. Sorry about that.

Clark had a good weekend. Im not sure if these few days will drive him to the top of the list. That team has been scouted to death and he and McGlynn have been viewed 20 or 30 times. Scouts know what they can do. I think they are the best one two punch in the Province and will do well on draft day. McGlynn was 2-0-1 and Clark 2-1-1 allowing only 6 goals between them. The two best games were the JrC and Halton OT wins. Close scores that kept them on their toes.

I think the first pick may come late in the second or early third. Names like Helvig, Tampano, and McNiven are getting circulated as early picks. McNiven was terrific when Halton played Oakville. As I have said before he has his own unique style but gets it done. I also think Fazio has a shot are an early pick. He's just good. Nice size and battles hard for EMC. Sleepers like Cormier could surprise us on draft day. Blacker won't be ignored and will get picked mid rounds if not sooner. The US kids will get sorted through after the USNTDP tryout this weekend since a few are have been invited. Who knows what will come out of Ottawa or the northern teams. I haven't seen them enough to really judge the talent.

Goaltender picks and the order is meaningless unless its round 1. I think the top 15 in this group are close in talent. Size, athleticism, and developed skill may place one slightly in front of another but each has an equal shot at making a team in the next year or two.

Is there anyone on the list that won't get picked?

Old
03-19-2013, 12:00 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by JansenHockey View Post

Is there anyone on the list that won't get picked?
Too tough to call or predict. Most of them will get selected. 30 goalies were taken last year.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:06 PM
Hockeyplayer9723

Maple leaf will you be doing a new list of 2nd and 3rd round pick like earlier in the year.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:15 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyplayer9723 View Post
Maple leaf will you be doing a new list of 2nd and 3rd round pick like earlier in the year.
Ya I can do a top 40 shortly for the thread. There are 2 lists though. Player rankings vs Where the players will actually report. AT this point player rankings can be thrown out the window. Im still waiting for some rumours to settle, involving some of the Top 5. Big things are rumoured out there that no one is speaking of.

On a separate note, I hope that Sean Day is granted this ES status. Hockey Canada will lose this kid to the USA for his career if not granted in my opinion. I think he will become a duel citizen and play for the USA as this experience would leave a bad taste in his mouth. The articles written about Day, the media announcing his ES status is the exact opposite to how Hockey Canada originally wanted the application process to be dealt with. This has been terribly unfair. I hope they fix this going forward. Ill make a list after the decision of Day.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:29 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Ya I can do a top 40 shortly for the thread. There are 2 lists though. Player rankings vs Where the players will actually report. AT this point player rankings can be thrown out the window. Im still waiting for some rumours to settle, involving some of the Top 5. Big things are rumoured out there that no one is speaking of.

On a separate note, I hope that Sean Day is granted this ES status. Hockey Canada will lose this kid to the USA for his career if not granted in my opinion. I think he will become a duel citizen and play for the USA as this experience would leave a bad taste in his mouth. The articles written about Day, the media announcing his ES status is the exact opposite to how Hockey Canada originally wanted the application process to be dealt with. This has been terribly unfair. I hope they fix this going forward. Ill make a list after the decision of Day.
What are some of the rumours out there? Care to share?

Old
03-19-2013, 01:08 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
What are some of the rumours out there? Care to share?
No because if it doesnt happen, might as well ignore it. Give me a week, if they still persist Ill share some of them.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:15 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

The Day situation is defintely weird, however, I have talked to Day and he (obviously) really REALLY wants this ES granted to him. Speaking only from my feelings but even if I was denied ES, I couldn't see myself having the urge to represent Canada because of it. In saying that, I haven't lived/played in US either.

He contacted me and said that he finds out between March 20-25th

Old
03-19-2013, 01:21 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
The Day situation is defintely weird, however, I have talked to Day and he (obviously) really REALLY wants this ES granted to him. Speaking only from my feelings but even if I was denied ES, I couldn't see myself having the urge to represent Canada because of it. In saying that, I haven't lived/played in US either.

He contacted me and said that he finds out between March 20-25th
Agree 100%. I mentioned that as well. That scenario works in Day's favour. They dont want to lose one of there own to the USHL and Team USA. In my view, if there is no ES for Day, he will turn his back and play USA hockey for his career.

I saw the twitter page and u feel for him. ES should be secretive and its not with him. Ken Strong was telling anyone that would listen that he had no idea that Mcdavid applied. Of course he knew, he was just protecting him from the scrutiny. If Mcdavid didnt get it, there would not be all these articles talking about Mcdavid not getting ES. It would be speculation as not many people could confirm that he applied 100%. Imagine the stories written about Day if he doesnt get ES? TSN confirmed his intentions in November after Silver Sticks, a first that an ES candiate was applying and talking about on local media. That will be the talk for a few weeks. Not fair for the guy. I hope he gets ES.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:54 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Have pity on a Windsor fan - any idea on who we could get with #29 overall? Anybody playing the NCAA game to try and dictate their spot? Spits will be looking for a forward from this pick.
Just got definitive word today that the Spits do not have a 2nd rd this year,mistakenly
thought it came in the Maletta deal once NF picked up a 2nd rder in the Wigle trade but the wording in the trade was NF was to have 2 2013 2nd rd picks before the condition kicks in where the Spits would have gotten a 2013 2nd rder
If Nf gets another 2nd rder by April 1 then Windsor gets a 2013 2nd rder,otherwise
it stands as a 2014 2nd rd pick from NF to Windsor
Windsor"s 1st pick in the 3rd is theirs at #43

Old
03-19-2013, 03:16 PM
apx

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Welcome APX, and nice mock draft.

Marner should go first round, and I know that you know something that alot of others dont know.
Thank you, and haha yes!

Quote:
Davies and Capobianco might be Niagara options as well.
I heard some rumors of Davies going to Niagara, I just think there are better options available... He's for sure lacking consistency, great player otherwise. In my opinion he's going to be picked later than sooner in the first round... I could see Capobianco going though, as a fan of Niagara were going to need D for next year.

Closed Thread