HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Gaborik Available; Canucks interested (Per HNIC)

Old
03-19-2013, 12:27 AM
Sergei Shirokov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Did I just read somebody say LA would expect Calgary to add to Iginla to get a 5'10" goalie with no history or track record of even splitting starts at the NHL level?

Lol.

Clifford + Bernier is the basis for any deal IMO.

Probably a 1st too.

Sorry for derailing Gaborik thread, just thought that was laughable.
Yeah Pierre Lebrun said that.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:32 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Somebody just made a chart with Gaborik's salary added to the Nucks per cap geek earlier on in this thread. If they add Gaborik and lose Luongo, they have 11-12 million in space.

It can be done.
Actually, take out Luongo, insert Gaborik and we have 1.7 Million in cap space, and that's only 13 skaters and 1 goalie.

It doesn't work, even if we are willing to pay the price for him which wouldn't be smart IMO seeing as where we are at.

We wouldn't be able to do it due to the cap reasons unless we want to blowup half our team like Chicago did a few years ago.

It can't be done.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:33 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
If the Rangers are looking to trade Gaborik, they'd be best served waiting as long as possible up until the deadline to see what team are willing to offer.

I for one would be fine giving up our 1st++ for Gaborik.
The 1st + being Kassian and the 2nd + being a roster player?

Plus the cap hell we would be taking on next season.

Trading for Gaborik isn't smart, we need ELC's to contribute moving forward and to continue to build up our cupboard, not trade away young assets, then blow up half our roster thereby losing any chance of a cup.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:35 AM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
The 1st + being Kassian and the 2nd + being a roster player?

Plus the cap hell we would be taking on next season.

Trading for Gaborik isn't smart, we need ELC's to contribute moving forward and to continue to build up our cupboard, not trade away young assets, then blow up half our roster thereby losing any chance of a cup.
Not Kassian, but a 1st + Raymond/Booth + Gaunce/Schroeder would be okay by me. Young players contributing on ELCs would be great, but none of our prospects are anywhere near Gaborik's level.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:44 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Not Kassian, but a 1st + Raymond/Booth + Gaunce/Schroeder would be okay by me. Young players contributing on ELCs would be great, but none of our prospects are anywhere near Gaborik's level.
Obviously, but our team with Gaborik next year, probably won't be anywhere close to the level of team we could have if we keep our depth and get players like Jensen, Kassian and Schroeder contributing on ELC's. In terms of likelyness for playoff success.

The pick is also going to land us a very good prospect.

Gaborik doesn't fit into the future of this team, it doesn't make sense to deal what it will cost to get him when the positive impact he will have is probably just as high as the negative impact when you consider that we will have to blow up part of the team and part of the core.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:58 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

What would it take from the Sens?

Qward is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:58 AM
PG Canuck
K-Swag

vCash: 53
Quote:
At this point in time I just want us to make a trade already. This team needs a shakeup. Badly.

I think the Rangers are somewhat in the same boat.
That's why fans aren't GM's. Too reactionary, and would make deals just to try to make a deal to look as if they're trying to make things better.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:04 AM
Lord Flacko*

We're not trading Kesler Kassian or Jensen.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:06 AM
PG Canuck
K-Swag

vCash: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
We're not trading Kesler Kassian or Jensen.
And it would be a huge mistake if we ever did.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:07 AM
KingWantsCup
#FightLikeHell

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
What would it take from the Sens?
Zibanejad + Neil + 2013 1st?

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:17 AM
Daffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Zibanejad + Neil + 2013 1st?

Lmao. Sens wouldn't trade Zibby straight up for that contract, let alone add a lifer in Neil and a first. Good god lol. Zibanejad is only 19, and is really coming into his own. Seems like he will be a playoff type of player, goes to the dirty areas etc. IE, opposite of Gaborik.

Sens got a good thing going on right now with all the young guys. Huge pass.

Daffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:22 AM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

Quote:
Obviously, but our team with Gaborik next year, probably won't be anywhere close to the level of team we could have if we keep our depth and get players like Jensen, Kassian and Schroeder contributing on ELC's. In terms of likelyness for playoff success.

The pick is also going to land us a very good prospect.

Gaborik doesn't fit into the future of this team, it doesn't make sense to deal what it will cost to get him when the positive impact he will have is probably just as high as the negative impact when you consider that we will have to blow up part of the team and part of the core.
Why would we have to blow up our core? Shed Ballard and Booth and trade one of our goalies. Maybe choose not to re-sign one of Higgins/Raymond after this season.

A lineup like:

Sedin-Sedin-Gaborik
Burrows-Kesler-Kassian/Jensen
Higgins/Raymond-Gaunce/Schroeder/Trade/UFA-Hansen
Weise-Lapierre-Sestito

Is a solid lineup. And that's not even mentioning how stacked we'll be this season.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:32 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Why would we have to blow up our core? Shed Ballard and Booth and trade one of our goalies. Maybe choose not to re-sign one of Higgins/Raymond after this season.

A lineup like:

Sedin-Sedin-Gaborik
Burrows-Kesler-Kassian/Jensen
Higgins/Raymond-Gaunce/Schroeder/Trade/UFA-Hansen
Weise-Lapierre-Sestito

Is a solid lineup. And that's not even mentioning how stacked we'll be this season.
We won't have the depth.

We will have to take some salary back in a Luongo deal unless you want to give him away, then even if you buyout both Ballard and Booth you still need to re-sign Tanev, Schroeder and whichever UFA's we will need.

And in return, Jensen/Kassian + roster player + 1st go to the Rangers.

Gaborik walks at the end of next year, and NYR gets off with some guys, then in 2/3 years everyone on our boards will be whining about trading away more and having a bare cupboard.

We need to start using younger players, not trading them away.

I just don't buy that it will work cap wise and make us a solid team, and that it makes sense for us long term.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:39 AM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

Quote:
We won't have the depth.

We will have to take some salary back in a Luongo deal unless you want to give him away, then even if you buyout both Ballard and Booth you still need to re-sign Tanev, Schroeder and whichever UFA's we will need.

And in return, Jensen/Kassian + roster player + 1st go to the Rangers.

Gaborik walks at the end of next year, and NYR gets off with some guys, then in 2/3 years everyone on our boards will be whining about trading away more and having a bare cupboard.

We need to start using younger players, not trading them away.

I just don't buy that it will work cap wise and make us a solid team, and that it makes sense for us long term.
Youth is overrated on HF. Our core's time is now, and it makes sense to acquire players who are game-changers right now as to stockpiling a lot of maybes for the future. Assuming our scouts are doing their job, we should always have a decent prospect pool to rely on, and assuming we trade Jensen, that leaves Kassian, Schroeder, and Gaunce as likely NHLers at forward, as well as whomever else we draft over the next couple of years before the Sedins/Gaborik start declining.

Not to mention any additonal free agents we might sign that can also add to our window of contention.

Now, I have said before that if it is Jensen or Kassian(who is basically untouchable, though) as the prospect, I'd want the Rangers to take about 1.5 mil of Gaborik's salary. Otherwise if it's Gaunce or Schroeder than we can take him as is and use both Kassian and Jensen to fill out our depth at wing.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:53 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Youth is overrated on HF. Our core's time is now, and it makes sense to acquire players who are game-changers right now as to stockpiling a lot of maybes for the future. Assuming our scouts are doing their job, we should always have a decent prospect pool to rely on, and assuming we trade Jensen, that leaves Kassian, Schroeder, and Gaunce as likely NHLers at forward, as well as whomever else we draft over the next couple of years before the Sedins/Gaborik start declining.

Not to mention any additonal free agents we might sign that can also add to our window of contention.

Now, I have said before that if it is Jensen or Kassian(who is basically untouchable, though) as the prospect, I'd want the Rangers to take about 1.5 mil of Gaborik's salary. Otherwise if it's Gaunce or Schroeder than we can take him as is and use both Kassian and Jensen to fill out our depth at wing.
Actually our scouts have been doing there jobs, we have just been trading away alot of our prospects and picks, thats why our cupboard is as bleak as it is.

You can't keep trading away young players and expect to have a cupboard that can carry you into the future.

Young players that contribute on ELC/Cheap deals are the most valuable in today's NHL.

Gaborik would add something right now, perhaps it is good enough to get us far in the playoffs? Perhaps not, as we would still need a 3C and then there are variables like injury, inconsistent goaltending and our coach getting outcoached yet again in the playoffs.

Then after this season is where the move starts to turn. Gaborik takes a major toll on our salary structure, even to the point where we got rid of Lu/Schneids and Ballard and Booth and got nothing in return, aswell signed re-sign a few players, we would be at the point of having no cap space to fill remaining holes, and not having enough depth.

Depth in the playoffs is just as important as high end talent. We have high end talent, what this team lacks is depth. We need to add another center and probably another winger if we can now with Booth out.

Not waste valuable futures on Gaborik who may help in the very short term, but will turnout to be a mistake long term.

The only way a deal is possible is if they eat salary, but they would want more in return, and I am not too eager to meet there price, as I think adding the right center and rounding out our line-up more could infact have just as big an impact on our playoff chances as adding Gaborik and nothing more.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:05 AM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

Quote:
Actually our scouts have been doing there jobs, we have just been trading away alot of our prospects and picks, thats why our cupboard is as bleak as it is.

You can't keep trading away young players and expect to have a cupboard that can carry you into the future.

Young players that contribute on ELC/Cheap deals are the most valuable in today's NHL.

Gaborik would add something right now, perhaps it is good enough to get us far in the playoffs? Perhaps not, as we would still need a 3C and then there are variables like injury, inconsistent goaltending and our coach getting outcoached yet again in the playoffs.

Then after this season is where the move starts to turn. Gaborik takes a major toll on our salary structure, even to the point where we got rid of Lu/Schneids and Ballard and Booth and got nothing in return, aswell signed re-sign a few players, we would be at the point of having no cap space to fill remaining holes, and not having enough depth.

Depth in the playoffs is just as important as high end talent. We have high end talent, what this team lacks is depth. We need to add another center and probably another winger if we can now with Booth out.

Not waste valuable futures on Gaborik who may help in the very short term, but will turnout to be a mistake long term.

The only way a deal is possible is if they eat salary, but they would want more in return, and I am not too eager to meet there price, as I think adding the right center and rounding out our line-up more could infact have just as big an impact on our playoff chances as adding Gaborik and nothing more.
We aren't trading everyone in our system though. We'll be trading one prospect and one pick, neither of which are remotely likely to become as good as Gaborik, and even if they do, it will likely be at a time when our team isn't as good as it is now.

We'll still have some contributors on ELCs, and ideally if the Rangers can take a portion of his salary, then it would certainly be worth it, and if not, well, I think we can still make it work without sacrificing too much depth.

And this season, which is likely our best shot at the cup for the forseeable future, cap space isn't an issue. I'm not saying we should trade every single one of our futures for established talent, simply that if we can acquire one player who might put us over the top without sacrificing one of our core players, we should be doing everything we can to try and make it work.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:16 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
We aren't trading everyone in our system though. We'll be trading one prospect and one pick, neither of which are remotely likely to become as good as Gaborik, and even if they do, it will likely be at a time when our team isn't as good as it is now.

We'll still have some contributors on ELCs, and ideally if the Rangers can take a portion of his salary, then it would certainly be worth it, and if not, well, I think we can still make it work without sacrificing too much depth.

And this season, which is likely our best shot at the cup for the forseeable future, cap space isn't an issue. I'm not saying we should trade every single one of our futures for established talent, simply that if we can acquire one player who might put us over the top without sacrificing one of our core players, we should be doing everything we can to try and make it work.
I guess so, in the end I just think the price will be too high (putting the cap thing aside) especially if they take a portion of salary if they are willing too, that would only increase the price one would assume.

I just don't think it is a great idea, but it's fine we are entitled to have different opinions.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:39 AM
hockeywoot

I don't see a trade.
Like Gaborik.

Not at his hit though, considering we need to shed salary.
You need to give quality to get quality.
I wouldn't want to trade what it would take to get him.

hockeywoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:54 AM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Its not really a comparison of the two. More less another indicator of what the market is right now.

No one is giving a 1st++ for Gaborik right now.
And AGAIN, you would be wrong as Perry resigned.

The asking price for Gaborik as reported by Katie Strang, the Rangers beat writer is a young roster player, top prospect and a 1st.

Seems more than about right.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:16 AM
kris
No JDru for TB - yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
The asking price for Gaborik is a young roster player, top prospect and a 1st.
Doesn't it sound alot like the asking price of another unnamed superstar w/ a high cap hit around this time last year?

Funny what changes over the course of a year.

kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:23 AM
Kwayry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
Lmao. Sens wouldn't trade Zibby straight up for that contract, let alone add a lifer in Neil and a first. Good god lol. Zibanejad is only 19, and is really coming into his own. Seems like he will be a playoff type of player, goes to the dirty areas etc. IE, opposite of Gaborik.

That's your opinion and you may turn out to be right , but Sens fans proposed the following for Gaborik.
Zibanejad + Greening + pick.

Edit: I am going to list the other proposals agreed to with other fans

Detroit: One of Tatar/Nyquist + Andersson + 1st
Nashville: Hornqvist + Blum + 1st.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:40 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post

That was what a couple Sens fans offered not more than a week or so ago.

Maybe it was Smith instead of Neil.

iamitter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:56 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
That's your opinion and you may turn out to be right , but Sens fans proposed the following for Gaborik.
Zibanejad + Greening + pick.

Edit: I am going to list the other proposals agreed to with other fans

Detroit: One of Tatar/Nyquist + Andersson + 1st
Nashville: Hornqvist + Blum + 1st.
I proposed Zibanejad + Greening + pick and got nothing but cold shoulders from Ottawa fans. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...gaborik&page=3
Offered it here

One fan agreed to Zibanejad+Bishop+pick
another:
Quote:
I would really hope Ottawa is in on this... he's exactly what our offense is lacking and we have a plethora of pieces to do it without mortgaging our future away...

something around Gabby for Zibanejad+ is definitely something I could see working other pieces I could see the Rangers liking... Zach Smith, Patrick Wiercioch, Gonchar? there's definitely a package that can be made to entice both sides.
Quote:
Zibanejad,Z.Smith, Gonchar/Wiercioch for Gabby & Boyle.
Quote:
I'd do it... Zibby,Greening,Gonchar/Wiercioch.. I was purely putting Z.Smith in the deal for your 3rd Line C need.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...gaborik&page=2

Here, clearly if it's Hornqvist, it's not Blum+1st added on. You added that, but only one person agreed. The majority were firmly against it.

Keep in mind some of these posts were from over a week/two ago. So naturally, Gaborik's value then was sky high. Now it's not even worth a top prospect, apparently.

Last edited by iamitter: 03-19-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old
03-19-2013, 11:05 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:

A few people already went on board to say the Rangers won't retain any salary. I would be willing to do it if our return was much higher, but that's just me.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Daffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
I proposed Zibanejad + Greening + pick and got nothing but cold shoulders from Ottawa fans. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...gaborik&page=3
Offered it here

One fan agreed to Zibanejad+Bishop+pick
another:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...gaborik&page=2

Here, clearly if it's Hornqvist, it's not Blum+1st added on. You added that, but only one person agreed. The majority were firmly against it.

Keep in mind some of these posts were from over a week/two ago. So naturally, Gaborik's value then was sky high. Now it's not even worth a top prospect, apparently.
I don't care what a couple Sens fans agreed to. Most of us want to keep the young guys unless it was for a guy like Perry. What I do care about is what Murray has to say, and he says he's not trading any of our good young players.

I would go as far as a first round pick and someone like Matt Puempel for Gaborik, and even then I'm not sure he is the right fit for our team. Huge contract too. But I assume the Rangers would want someone who could step in right away, so scratch off Puempel. I don't see a fit.

Daffy is offline   Reply With Quote