HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone want to join in on the argument?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-01-2006, 01:47 PM
  #26
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest
 
BigCanada77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,817
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Binos...

...dont be immature, please.

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 02:02 PM
  #27
Finest
Puck Fittsburg
 
Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
Reply's like that pretty much prove my point. So thank you for making me look smart.

EDIT: that was directed towards BINOS

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 04:49 PM
  #28
NYR957
Hagelin's pumped.
 
NYR957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binos View Post
It takes one Islander fan to actually get some knowledge in on a conversation, and a Ranger fan to run to his HF friends to get his back because he doesen't know his as* from his elbow.
Lets compare the stats of DiPietro (who started the 10 more games) and Lundqvist (who didn't)

GP MIN W L T GA SA SO GA Avg SV %
DiPietro: 63 3,571 30 24 0 180 1,797 1 3.02 .900
Lundqvist:53 3,111 30 12 0 116 1,485 2 2.24 .922

Lundqvist had the same amount of wins in 10 less games, plus one more shut out. Imagine how many wins he could've had if he played a whole season.

NYR957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 05:20 PM
  #29
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 74,222
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanada77 View Post
...dont be immature, please.
It would be pretty hysterical if Binos actually thought that Dipi was a better goaltender than Lundqvist, however. I think he's just kidding around, though.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 05:21 PM
  #30
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,978
vCash: 500
damn, I liked it better when everyone was just ignoring the guy and his posts.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 05:34 PM
  #31
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 74,222
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
damn, I liked it better when everyone was just ignoring the guy and his posts.
Party-pooper.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 01:55 AM
  #32
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Man, that guy was a special kind of stupid. He just couldn't get it through his brain that where someone is drafted means nothing once they actually start to develop. Being a first rounder means squat the day after draft day, where a 6th rounder can become more valuable than a 1st rounder depending on how they develop. One personal favorite was how he tried to "prove" that DiPietro was better than Henrik by comparing 2nd half saves (conveniently forgetting that Lundqvist spent a chunk of the second half injured).

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 01:04 PM
  #33
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Man, that guy was a special kind of stupid. He just couldn't get it through his brain that where someone is drafted means nothing once they actually start to develop. Being a first rounder means squat the day after draft day, where a 6th rounder can become more valuable than a 1st rounder depending on how they develop. One personal favorite was how he tried to "prove" that DiPietro was better than Henrik by comparing 2nd half saves (conveniently forgetting that Lundqvist spent a chunk of the second half injured).
I love how he actually put up that DiPietro played 7 more games, and made 165 more saves. Amazing, really.

I'm done arguing with him, he's a complete moron.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 01:47 PM
  #34
nyscene
Registered User
 
nyscene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: PANIC!
Posts: 2,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR957 View Post
Lets compare the stats of DiPietro (who started the 10 more games) and Lundqvist (who didn't)

GP MIN W L T GA SA SO GA Avg SV %
DiPietro: 63 3,571 30 24 0 180 1,797 1 3.02 .900
Lundqvist:53 3,111 30 12 0 116 1,485 2 2.24 .922

Lundqvist had the same amount of wins in 10 less games, plus one more shut out. Imagine how many wins he could've had if he played a whole season.
Wins are a misleading stat. Lundy played with a much better team in front of him that did DiPietro, especially defensively. This is a comparison that really has to wait a few years, as both goalies had excellent first seasons as starters.

nyscene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 02:07 PM
  #35
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyscene View Post
Wins are a misleading stat. Lundy played with a much better team in front of him that did DiPietro, especially defensively.
Much better defense? Did you see whom the Rangers trotted out there as their starting 6? On how many teams would the duo of Malik & Rozsival be considered a top defensive pairing? Henke bailed his defensemen out on many, many occasions.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 02:10 PM
  #36
nyscene
Registered User
 
nyscene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: PANIC!
Posts: 2,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Much better defense? Did you see whom the Rangers trotted out there as their starting 6? On how many teams would the duo of Malik & Rozsival be considered a top defensive pairing? Henke bailed his defensemen out on many, many occasions.
Much better defensively than the Islanders--absolutely. The Rangers were top 10 in the league in least shots allowed. I think the Islanders were around the bottom five. When Jon Erskine becomes your #2 defensemen with 20 games left in the season, you know its a bad unit. The only guys who were even competent on that defense were Zhitnik for the 20 or so games prior to when he got hurt(before then he was a walking penalty) and Chris Campoli who was a pleasent surprise. After that for most of the season it was Sopel? A mediocre Lukowich? You can't deny that the Rangers defensive corps last year were leagues ahead of their NY counterparts, be it do to skill or coaching.


Last edited by nyscene: 08-02-2006 at 02:13 PM. Reason: spelling
nyscene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 02:43 PM
  #37
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyscene View Post
Much The Rangers were top 10 in the league in least shots allowed.
Much of that had to do with people like Ortmeyer blocking shots and Jagr keeping the puck in the other end of the ice.
Quote:
You can't deny that the Rangers defensive corps last year were leagues ahead of their NY counterparts, be it do to skill or coaching.
The Rangers defense group was amongst the more mediocre groups in the entire league. Coaching-wise (Renney's system) definetly advantage Rangers. Overall personnel? Different story.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 02:47 PM
  #38
nyscene
Registered User
 
nyscene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: PANIC!
Posts: 2,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Much of that had to do with people like Ortmeyer blocking shots and Jagr keeping the puck in the other end of the ice.

The Rangers defense group was amongst the more mediocre groups in the entire league. Coaching-wise (Renney's system) definetly advantage Rangers. Overall personnel? Different story.

How does that go against what I said though? I said that Rangers defensives corps were much better, rather through the personal or the coaching, than that of their crosstown rivals. No one is going to make the case that the Islanders had all-star defensemen. Nor will they suggest that Steve Stirling was a candidate for the Jack Adams award.

nyscene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 02:54 PM
  #39
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 74,222
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
All I really have to look at is the save percentage and it speaks VOLUMES here.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 03:35 PM
  #40
NYR957
Hagelin's pumped.
 
NYR957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyscene View Post
Wins are a misleading stat. Lundy played with a much better team in front of him that did DiPietro, especially defensively. This is a comparison that really has to wait a few years, as both goalies had excellent first seasons as starters.
Okay, lets compare their rookie seasons. Here's Lundqvist's rookie year compared with DiPietro's 2003-04, which was basically his rookie season, in which the Islanders had the same team ability as the 05-06 Rangers:

Here is DiPietro's 03-04 statistics, in which the Islanders were a team not rebuilding:
Season Team GP MIN W L T GA SA SO GA Avg SV %
2003-2004 Islanders 50 2,843 23 18 5 112 1,261 5 2.36 .911

And Lundqvist's Rookie Year
2005-2006 Rangers 53 3,111 30 12 0 116 1,485 2 2.24 .922

Lundqvist allowed 4 more goals but had 224 more shots lobbed at him. The only category where DiPietro was better was shutouts. Lundqvist had 7 more wins and 6 less losses, plus a better GAA and SV%.

NYR957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 03:44 PM
  #41
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest
 
BigCanada77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,817
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR957 View Post
Okay, lets compare their rookie seasons. Here's Lundqvist's rookie year compared with DiPietro's 2003-04, which was basically his rookie season, in which the Islanders had the same team ability as the 05-06 Rangers:

Here is DiPietro's 03-04 statistics, in which the Islanders were a team not rebuilding:
Season Team GP MIN W L T GA SA SO GA Avg SV %
2003-2004 Islanders 50 2,843 23 18 5 112 1,261 5 2.36 .911

And Lundqvist's Rookie Year
2005-2006 Rangers 53 3,111 30 12 0 116 1,485 2 2.24 .922

Lundqvist allowed 4 more goals but had 224 more shots lobbed at him. The only category where DiPietro was better was shutouts. Lundqvist had 7 more wins and 6 less losses, plus a better GAA and SV%.

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 03:46 PM
  #42
nyscene
Registered User
 
nyscene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: PANIC!
Posts: 2,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR957 View Post
Okay, lets compare their rookie seasons. Here's Lundqvist's rookie year compared with DiPietro's 2003-04, which was basically his rookie season, in which the Islanders had the same team ability as the 05-06 Rangers:

Here is DiPietro's 03-04 statistics, in which the Islanders were a team not rebuilding:
Season Team GP MIN W L T GA SA SO GA Avg SV %
2003-2004 Islanders 50 2,843 23 18 5 112 1,261 5 2.36 .911

And Lundqvist's Rookie Year
2005-2006 Rangers 53 3,111 30 12 0 116 1,485 2 2.24 .922

Lundqvist allowed 4 more goals but had 224 more shots lobbed at him. The only category where DiPietro was better was shutouts. Lundqvist had 7 more wins and 6 less losses, plus a better GAA and SV%.
And as I said, they both had very good rookie seasons. Wins you can't go buy here, because in '03-'04 there was no shootout to add wins to the total. What I said was both goalies had excellent first seasons. These stats don't debate that. Nor do these stats from a first year suggest that one was light years ahead of the other.

Edit: Evidently OT losses don't count against a goalie's record either anymore, as they had previously. SO that would have to be taken into effect.


Last edited by nyscene: 08-02-2006 at 03:56 PM. Reason: More stuff to add.
nyscene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 04:13 PM
  #43
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 74,222
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Anyone trying to say Dipietro was better in any season needs to get a head check.

That's all that really needs to be said.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 04:28 PM
  #44
nyscene
Registered User
 
nyscene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: PANIC!
Posts: 2,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Anyone trying to say Dipietro was better in any season needs to get a head check.

That's all that really needs to be said.
If you show me where I said that, I'd own up to it. I said that they had very comparable rookie(or first year as starter, in DP's case since he played for that joke of a team in 00-01) campaigns. Would you disagree with that?

nyscene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 04:49 PM
  #45
Lundqvist102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 745
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
Bottom line is if you take a poll of the GMs around the league on whether they want Lundqvist or DP, I think Lundqvist would win by a comformtable margin.

Lundqvist102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 04:53 PM
  #46
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 74,222
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyscene View Post
If you show me where I said that, I'd own up to it. I said that they had very comparable rookie(or first year as starter, in DP's case since he played for that joke of a team in 00-01) campaigns. Would you disagree with that?
Yes, I would disagree.

Lundqvist was his team's defense while Dipietro was just another part of his team's defense.

Our defense is extremely overrated. At least last season it was. Lundqvist was the reason we won so many games, along with Jagr.

Sorry, but there is no comparison anywhere anyhow with the two players that has them even close at this point.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 04:53 PM
  #47
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 74,222
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist102 View Post
Bottom line is if you take a poll of the GMs around the league on whether they want Lundqvist or DP, I think Lundqvist would win by a comformtable margin.
If 30-0 is a "comfortable margain"

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 04:54 PM
  #48
Lundqvist102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 745
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
If 30-0 is a "comfortable margain"
Close enough

Lundqvist102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 05:04 PM
  #49
Fotiu22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rockville Centre, NY
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binos View Post
It takes one Islander fan to actually get some knowledge in on a conversation, and a Ranger fan to run to his HF friends to get his back because he doesen't know his as* from his elbow.
"Location: Strong Island"

Your reference to your location as such speaks volumes for your mentality.

Fotiu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 05:05 PM
  #50
Lundqvist102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 745
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotiu22 View Post
"Location: Strong Island"

Your reference to your location as such speaks volumes for your mentality.
Hey im an Long Islander

Lundqvist102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.