HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grand Rapids Griffins 2012-13 ‎- Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 05:03 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Nyquist, Tatar, Andersson and Lashoff.
Lol, I meant to AHL. Frk etc?

Old
03-19-2013, 05:07 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Frk, Pulkkinen, Tvrdon, Quine, maybe Järnkrok, Marchenko, Ouellet, Sproul..

Old
03-19-2013, 05:12 AM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Frk, Pulkkinen, Tvrdon, Quine, maybe Järnkrok, Marchenko, Ouellet, Sproul..
Maybe Jensen, and Nedomlel who would probably play in Toledo. I guess Tvrdon could play another year in the WHL, though?

Old
03-19-2013, 05:22 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Maybe Jensen, and Nedomlel who would probably play in Toledo. I guess Tvrdon could play another year in the WHL, though?
Yes Nedolmel too.

They plan to keep Jensen in NCAA for one year I think. It was in one RWC article, maybe it was you who linked it, iirc. I'd personally like to have him in GR but Wings management seems to want him in NCAA for another year.

We're kind of stacked at D so maybe it's best.

Ouellet-Sproul
Almqvist-Marchenko

That's just the top 4.. the ones who I see have the best chance to have NHL future (I don't think AA makes it though) and maybe Dekeyser there too. So Jensen may be best served in NCAA. Just hope they won't lose the kid.

edit. Tvrdon could play another year at junior as an overager.. He's missed a lot of development years so it could be good option in that sense and GR is kind of stacked.. But pro hockey might still be the best option, the kid is 20 already and should not be playing junior hockey year after that if NHL is your future. But if it looks like it isn't working I guess they could send him back to Vancouver.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:47 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Aah, ok.

I woudn't count anything on Tvrdon. There hasn't been any news about his recovery.

Quote:
Tvrdon, 19, had a procedure done Monday at Vancouver General Hospital to remove the clot and faces further surgery. He is out for the season. But he said he was relieved to learn he should be able to resume playing next year. Tvrdon, a Slovakian, was drafted by the Detroit Red Wings in the fourth round of the 2011 NHL entry draft. "I was really scared when the doctor say I can maybe never play hockey anymore," Tvrdon said in an interview at the Giants’ training centre in Ladner. "The Detroit Red Wings were scared. My agent was scared. Now I feel better because they tell me I can still play hockey. So that’s a good thing." Sat, Nov 24, 2012 11:53:00 AM

Source: Vancouver Sun
This is the latest.

Maybe that plan for another junior year would be best fit for him and for our Organizational situation. Just too many guys at Griffins, so let's spread the ice-time to use a big role for him in another league and let him catch the lost year at juniors.

Last edited by Henkka: 03-19-2013 at 05:55 AM.
Old
03-19-2013, 06:17 AM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
They plan to keep Jensen in NCAA for one year I think. It was in one RWC article, maybe it was you who linked it, iirc. I'd personally like to have him in GR but Wings management seems to want him in NCAA for another year.

We're kind of stacked at D so maybe it's best.

Ouellet-Sproul
Almqvist-Marchenko

That's just the top 4.. the ones who I see have the best chance to have NHL future (I don't think AA makes it though) and maybe Dekeyser there too. So Jensen may be best served in NCAA. Just hope they won't lose the kid.
This is why I think it's important since the risk of losing him is rather big if he stays in college. I think Billins will move somewhere else so it would make it possible to bring in Jensen.

Ouellet - Sproul
Almqvist - *Veteran*
Jensen - Marchenko
+ Nicastro in the rotation

ECHL: Nedomlel, Fournier

Old
03-19-2013, 06:41 AM
Henkka

Quote:
This is why I think it's important since the risk of losing him is rather big if he stays in college. I think Billins will move somewhere else so it would make it possible to bring in Jensen.

Ouellet - Sproul
Almqvist - *Veteran*
Jensen - Marchenko
+ Nicastro in the rotation

ECHL: Nedomlel, Fournier
I think this fear of losing Jensen is just overrating his abilities. He isn't anywhere near Justin Schultz -level or anything, just another "Marchenko", a long shot in the mix. Every organization has these guys. Let him finish his college, because we are pretty overcrowded in AHL. Our future succes isn't depended on him, even if he is lost and that's still a big if.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:16 AM
The Nose

Quote:
I think this fear of losing Jensen is just overrating his abilities. He isn't anywhere near Justin Schultz -level or anything, just another "Marchenko", a long shot in the mix. Every organization has these guys. Let him finish his college, because we are pretty overcrowded in AHL. Our future succes isn't depended on him, even if he is lost and that's still a big if.
His skating is elite for the NHL. We haven't had a defenseman like that in forever.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:30 AM
ChadS

Trevor Parkes is dominating in Toledo since being sent down. So far in March he has 7 goals, 7 assists in 8 games and 11+11 in the 13 games total he's played down there. I really think he'd deserve a shot in a bigger role in the AHL but unfortunately the Griffins are stacked up front and will be so next year also.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:27 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
His skating is elite for the NHL. We haven't had a defenseman like that in forever.
And Sproul was voted 2nd best skater in OHL, of all players forwards included. Marchenko is also known as a great skater. Nice to have these guys, we should have self-sufficient right-handed puck-moving defensive core in the future.

Quote:
Trevor Parkes is dominating in Toledo since being sent down. So far in March he has 7 goals, 7 assists in 8 games and 11+11 in the 13 games total he's played down there. I really think he'd deserve a shot in a bigger role in the AHL but unfortunately the Griffins are stacked up front and will be so next year also.
What an on and off guy. But he should still be on the mix fighting against Callahan of the 3rd line RW spot. It just looks that he disappears somewhere always on the lower lines. He is just that kind of Power Forward type we are mostly lacking.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:51 AM
ChadS

Quote:
And Sproul was voted 2nd best skater in OHL, of all players forwards included. Marchenko is also known as a great skater. Nice to have these guys, we should have self-sufficient right-handed puck-moving defensive core in the future.
2nd best in the Western Conference.
Quote:
What an on and off guy. But he should still be on the mix fighting against Callahan of the 3rd line RW spot. It just looks that he disappears somewhere always on the lower lines. He is just that kind of Power Forward type we are mostly lacking.
I thought he was really good in the first 10 or so games but after that he kind of slowed down and I don't think his icetimes have been anything special either.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:25 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
The Red Wings are wasting prospects with their failed development system,

It's a utter waste that right now, Mursak, Tatar and Nyquist are in the AHL.

Even as Helm, Sammy and Bertuzzi are injured.

Three people on IR, and we can't find room.

What a joke.

So guys like Parkes waste away in the AHL. Nestrasil never gets a scoring line role. Mursak is waived without ever getting a meaningful shot.
And next year will be just as crowded as this year.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:55 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Nice handness mix in the TOP6:

Jurco - Järnkrok - Ferraro (Left, Right, Right)
Pulkkinen - Sheahan - Frk (Right, Left, Right)
Quine - Aubry - Callahan (Left, Left, Right)
Hoggan - Glendening - Nestrasil (Left, Left, Left)
(Grant, Parkes, Coetzee) Bench/ECHL-group.
Tvrdon?

Ouellet - Sproul (Left, Right)
Almqvist - Nicastro (Left, Right)
Evans(/Dekeyser?) - Marchenko (Left, Right)
(Billins, Fournier, Nedomlel) Bench/ECHL-Group

Mrazek
McCollum/Coreau
That team...it's...awesome. It has a little bit of everything. Speed, size, skill, grit. Can't wait to watch some games next year!

I'd switch Frk and Ferraro though, I'd like to have two defensively adept forwards on each line.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:07 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
That team...it's...awesome. It has a little bit of everything. Speed, size, skill, grit. Can't wait to watch some games next year!

I'd switch Frk and Ferraro though, I'd like to have two defensively adept forwards on each line.
IMO Pulkkinen is at least as good defensively as Frk or Jurco.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Henkka

I actually hate some half year early lineups, it's just more of an hierarchy, but Sheahan and Ferraro are the best defensive studs at that TOP6, and both are on different "lines".

But nothing prevent's them to be used as "Selke-Twins" against the toughest opposite players. Who knows how Blashill prefers to use his lines.

Pulkkinen would be the 3rd best TOP6-forward defensively after them. He got lot of that experience at this season and really changed his game.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:27 PM
joe89

Brilliant behind the back pass by Jurco to Tatar. One-timer by Tatar and 1-0.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:27 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

PP Goal Tatar (Skinner and Paetsch)

although I expect that to change to (Jurco and Paetsch) as it looked like he gave a touch pass back to Tatar who was out on the point.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:31 PM
BeerLeagueAllStar

Do you guys have a stream, or are you watching on AHL live?

Old
03-19-2013, 07:32 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Mursak demoted out of the top 6, guess the Wings are controlling the lines.

Nyquist - Sheahan - Pare
Tatar - Ferraro - Jurco
Hoggan - Glendening - Mursak
Grant - Aubry - Callahan

Old
03-19-2013, 07:37 PM
The Nose

Jurco has been awesome recently.

If it weren't for Blashill I would be worried about Jurco's development. Blashill is the perfect coach for the Griffins - he's getting the most out of all the kids. Its a new era in Grand Rapids now that Detroit has full control and Blashill is the coach. I'm really excited to see how it goes - especially Jurco.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:39 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Mursak demoted out of the top 6, guess the Wings are controlling the lines.

Nyquist - Sheahan - Pare
Tatar - Ferraro - Jurco
Hoggan - Glendening - Mursak
Grant - Aubry - Callahan
That's a helluva AHL lineup. Tons of scoring power.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:40 PM
joe89

Mursak's 10 games: 2+4
Jurco's last 10 games: 3+4
Including tonight.

So it's pretty justified too.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:44 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Mursak's 10 games: 2+4
Jurco's last 10 games: 3+4
Including tonight.

So it's pretty justified too.
Jurco is really improving with him hitting +/-0 the other game, the Griffins now have no minus players.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:00 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

The big three put together in the second to start. AKA all three players better than anyone in our current bottom six.

Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist that line is scary although Gus took a penalty at the end of their shift.

Peoria scores a jam play for a 1-1 tie on the PP.

Peoria could be the most boring hockey team to watch in the history of hockey, I know we all keep saying that but my God they give the sport a black eye.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:03 PM
The Nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
The big three put together in the second to start. AKA all three players better than anyone in our current bottom six.

Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist that line is scary although Gus took a penalty at the end of their shift.

Peoria scores a jam play for a 1-1 tie on the PP.

Peoria could be the most boring hockey team to watch in the history of hockey, I know we all keep saying that but my God they give the sport a black eye.
Each player on that line compliments the other so well. I'd keep them together for a few games and see if they just outright dominate the other team.

Closed Thread