HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Talk PART VI

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2013, 10:17 AM
InformTheMasses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degeneration Rex View Post
Saturday

Barrie 3, Niagara 2-Theoret, even, Graham, 1 assist, even.
Erie 5, Guelph 4 (OT)-Pelech, 1 goal (8), 1 assist, OT, + 1.
Edmonton 5, Red Deer 1-Reinhart, 1 assist, + 2.
End of Regular Junior Season.

CCHA Play-offs (Best of 3)
Notre Dame 4, Bowling Green 3-Lee, 1 goal (19), 1 assist, + 1, Russo, 2 assists, even.
Notre Dame wins Series 2-0.

WCHA Play-offs (Best of 3)
Colorado College 2, Denver 1-Mayfield, + 1.
Series tied 1-1.

Reinhart Assist:

Adam Pelech PPG, Assist:

Anders Lee and Robbie Russo:

Jesse Graham Assist:

Ill post this later.......

Also Brenden Kichton had 2 assists last night, one in OT to win the game. With that Assist he broke SPokane Chiefs single season scoring record for defenceman (Bryan McCabe had 84 points in 1994). Kichton has 85 points, with one more regular season game today. He is also 2nd place all time for Career Assists in Spokane Chiefs history with 201!!! 6 assists behind Ray Whitney (207 the Spokane record holder).

Old
03-17-2013, 10:43 AM
seafoam

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post

Also Brenden Kichton had 2 assists last night, one in OT to win the game. With that Assist he broke SPokane Chiefs single season scoring record for defenceman (Bryan McCabe had 84 points in 1994). Kichton has 85 points, with one more regular season game today. He is also 2nd place all time for Career Assists in Spokane Chiefs history with 201!!! 6 assists behind Ray Whitney (207 the Spokane record holder).
This kid has earned his contract, plain and simple.

Old
03-17-2013, 11:54 AM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
This kid has earned his contract, plain and simple.
Nothing to see here folks, move along. Only way we see Kichton in an Isles jersey is if we send him one. Typical Wang/Snow move. Bye Kichton.

Old
03-17-2013, 12:01 PM
scott99

I wanna officially vote for Degeneration Rex and Inform the Masses, as posters of the year. Their info and videos have really kept us up to date on the future of the Islanders. Great stuff, and it makes me come back for more everyday, even during the lockout. Thanks so much guys, much appreciated by everyone I'm sure. Shout out to others like Sydney's Kidney and others who give us scouting reports on our guys, they've seen them live, so it's nice to hear those reports as well.

Old
03-17-2013, 12:58 PM
gramatanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
I wanna officially vote for Degeneration Rex and Inform the Masses, as posters of the year. Their info and videos have really kept us up to date on the future of the Islanders. Great stuff, and it makes me come back for more everyday, even during the lockout. Thanks so much guys, much appreciated by everyone I'm sure. Shout out to others like Sydney's Kidney and others who give us scouting reports on our guys, they've seen them live, so it's nice to hear those reports as well.
Agree 100% Outstanding JOB and much appreciated!!! This is what makes the Islanders board one of the best around despite our crummy ownership and recent poor performance (the last 20 years). Thank you again!!

Old
03-17-2013, 01:00 PM
JPIsles21

Quote:
Nothing to see here folks, move along. Only way we see Kichton in an Isles jersey is if we send him one. Typical Wang/Snow move. Bye Kichton.
How is this typical? Isles sign all of their prospects.

The only ones that didn't get signed: Spurgeon (none of us really cared at the time as he was another small dman), Blake Kessel (currently in the ECHL as a 23 year old), and Jason Gregoire (24 yo and 28 points in 96 AHL games).

I find it very curious that this is coming down to money because he will likely spend 1-3 years in the AHL anyway on a two-way contract.

Maybe it's a numbers game with the following players already on 2-way contracts and high likelihood of playing the AHL next season:

Calvin de Haan
Aaron Ness
Matt Donovan
Marc Cantin
Joe Finley

And those that are impending UFAs:

Ty Wishart
Nate McIver
Jon Landry

And those unsigned that the Isles would likely prefer to sign for the AHL:

Scott Mayfield
Andrey Pedan
Robbie Russo
Ville Pokka

The Isles have options here obviously. If it's a numbers game, I'm sure they'd be able to deal Ness for a late draft pick. However, if the Isles truly don't think that Kichton is that good, they can deal his rights for a team that's sweet on him.

But to say it's typical Garth/Wang on matters of signing prospects is inaccurate.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:32 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Ill post this later.......

As Promised here's the 2 Assists from Kichton last night. The OT assist on the 2 on 1 is something that should be done on almost every 2-on-1 at any level, but rarely ever is. This kid is a very smart hockey player. Kichton has been Deadly on PP and 4 on 4 situations his entire career.

Congratulations to him on setting the Franchise single season mark for Points, and being 2nd all-time in career assists with 201. He can add to that total today in the final regular season game of his brilliant WHL career.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Degeneration Rex

Quote:
Thanks Scott., The rest of our family here contribute more than I do, just happy to be and post.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:10 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Friday
Denver 5, Colorado College 3-Mayfield, 2 assists, + 1.
Denver leads series 1-0.
Missed this one from Friday night, I didn't have game coverage of this game, but here are the highlights on the 2 assists from Mayfield Friday night from the Denver website complete with their music (not mine).

Old
03-17-2013, 04:21 PM
scott99

Man we are so stacked with defensive prospects with size AND talent: Reinhart, Mayfield, Pelech, Pedan, Hamonic already in the NHL. Then offensive d-men Donovan and Ness at Bridgeport. We are gonna have a sweet defense.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:30 PM
BigWorm

vCash: 50
Quote:
First time poster here...long time lurker. Been an Isles fan for a LONG time and love the prospect updates. Seeing this team go through two decades of mediocrity has been.....well.....painful.

Thanks for providing these updates and I only wish Pedan was two years older. This team badly misses a player of his type.

Old
03-17-2013, 07:33 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
First time poster here...long time lurker. Been an Isles fan for a LONG time and love the prospect updates. Seeing this team go through two decades of mediocrity has been.....well.....painful.

Thanks for providing these updates and I only wish Pedan was two years older. This team badly misses a player of his type.
What's up Big Perm?... I mean Big Worm.

Welcome to the HF Boards. Our prospects better look good since the future hinges on them.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:44 PM
Degeneration Rex

Sunday

Colorado College 4, Denver 3-Mayfield, -1,
Colorado College wins series 2-1.

Old
03-17-2013, 11:16 PM
OrangeZebra
Unregistered User

Quote:
Sunday

Colorado College 4, Denver 3-Mayfield, -1,
Colorado College wins series 2-1.
Do you think Mayfield will go pro or stay in college?

Old
03-17-2013, 11:40 PM
Degeneration Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeZebra View Post
Do you think Mayfield will go pro or stay in college?
Denver could still get an at large bid to the NCAA tournament so nothing will happen in the
next 2-3 weeks. Sounds like they will try to sign Mayfield but it's up to him if he wants to leave school.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:08 AM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Man we are so stacked with defensive prospects with size AND talent: Reinhart, Mayfield, Pelech, Pedan, Hamonic already in the NHL. Then offensive d-men Donovan and Ness at Bridgeport. We are gonna have a sweet defense.
And just think, Tavares will only be 32 when they are ready to play for us.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:10 AM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Denver could still get an at large bid to the NCAA tournament so nothing will happen in the
next 2-3 weeks. Sounds like they will try to sign Mayfield but it's up to him if he wants to leave school.
I would be shocked if Denver doesn't receive an at-large bid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
And just think, Tavares will only be 32 when they are ready to play for us.
It seems like it sometimes doesn't it? In all seriousness 2-3 more years (Around Brooklyn Year 1) most of these guys will be ready to go, and things will be much better then. In the mean time we'll be stuck watching Cappy try and coach talented youngsters playing alongside minor league free agents and waiver wire pick-ups.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Snapshotgoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post

What's up Big Worm, I agree with your comment. Pedan is just the type of D'man we need today. We have to sign him!

Old
03-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Degeneration Rex

Play-off match ups-

OHL
Kingston vs Barrie
Niagara vs Oshawa
Guelph vs Kitchener

WHL
Kootenay vs Edmonton
Tri City vs Spokane

CCHA Semi Final
Ohio Sate vs Notre Dame

Old
03-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Dan-o16

So, for people in the know... Has Strome played since he bruised the foot?

Best,

Dan

Old
03-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
So, for people in the know... Has Strome played since he bruised the foot?

Best,

Dan
No, he sat out Niagara's final regular season games. But at this point, I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. Niagara's spot in the standings wasn't going to change, they were entrenched in 6th spot whether they won or lost their remaining games. So they had no real reason to play him.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
No, he sat out Niagara's final regular season games. But at this point, I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. Niagara's spot in the standings wasn't going to change, they were entrenched in 6th spot whether they won or lost their remaining games. So they had no real reason to play him.
Thanks!

Cheers,

Dan-o

Old
03-19-2013, 01:05 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
Yup, and he has been practicing with the team and skating in pre-game warm-ups. I speculated right after it was confirmed that it was a foot bruise, that he likely wouldn't play until the playoffs. I still think you will see him Friday Night in Game 1 against Oshawa.

I'll be on the road Thursday through Saturday so I might not be posting any highlights until Sunday. Sorry guys.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Wagner

Reinhart

Lowe defenseman of the year for oil kings? What happened to Reinhart ?

Reinhart no first or second allstar ? What gives?

Old
03-21-2013, 06:31 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Some high praise for Strome by his coach...

http://islanderspointblank.com/news/...n-ryan-strome/

Closed Thread