HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours Thread Part V: Gaborik "available"; LeBrun: NYR interested in D. Boyle

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I tried to read back through several pages of this thread.... What page or post # was it reported that Gaborik was 'available'?

Thanks.
Not sure anyone knows Wolf.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Call me crazy, but I imagine Sather has enough time during the day to pursue both avenues with equal vigor.

Frankly, this should be true of every GM - but especially so of Slats, who so clearly leans incredibly heavily on Gorton, Clark and Schoenfeld (and Riseborough and so on and so on) for pro scouting, prospect scouting, minor league management, cap management, etc.
Thats just it though - the word pursue. I dont think hes actively looking to trade Gaborik. Id imagine he just sent the word out that Gaborik is available - make me an offer. Thats sort of reactive...to the point where I dont think he'd look into it any further unless hes really intrigued by an initial offer.

In regards to depth moves, I sure hope hes being proactive on that front.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:56 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The deadline is two weeks from tomorrow. The Rangers have 3 3rd rounders. Its really 4 if they don't make the finals this season. The FLA 3rd should be a high pick. Maybe the top pick in the 3rd. NSH. Conditional CLB pick. Rangers. Trading one of those picks for a depth forward who the Rangers can keep next season with 1 year left or will be a group II. Slats traded Jason Ward,MA Cliche and Jan Marek(which became a 3rd)when Marek wouldn't sign with LA for Avery in 2007. Avery played well for the rest of that season and in 07-08. He filed for salary arbitration in 07 and the Rangers criticized Avery in their brief. Set Larry Brooks off. $1.9M for 07-08. Sean left in the summer of 08 for Dallas but that was a good trade for the Rangers. Take one of those picks and a roster player. Add a middling prospect. Swapping a 3rd for a rental seems like a waste of an asset.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

I am going to repost this, because somebody said these deals were not agreed on and missed it the first time I posted it. Scroll up earlier for links to the threads..
The offers from Ottawa and Nashville are:
Ottawa:
Zibby + Greening + Wiercioch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Zibanejad,Z.Smith, Gonchar/Wiercioch for Gabby & Boyle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
I do not want to move Gaborik at all, but if you replaced Smith with Greening I would have to do that deal. Would understand if you wouldn't/couldn't do that though.
Quote:
I'd do it... Zibby,Greening,Gonchar/Wiercioch.. I was purely putting Z.Smith in the deal for your 3rd Line C need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brisbane sens fan View Post
Like I said in the other thread I would offer
Michalek (reatin 1.3M of salary if Euge is willing)+Smith+Greening
Seeing as you want a D and I am not familiar with NYR needs, maybe swap Greening for Weircioch/Gonchar like Marty offered

edit: and like I said in the other thread, I don't think that would get it done from a rangers perspective
Nashville:
Nyqvist + Blum + first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
We had this discussion in another thread.
Hornqvist + Blum + first or
Bourque + Ellis + first.

Still waiting for an answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
id rather give smith than bourque personally. smith has more value to GMs im sure though. ill have to pass with hornqvist involved. these are my counter offers to rangers fans.

craig smith + jonathan blum + 2nd round pick

matt halischuk + ryan ellis + 1st round pick

gabriel bourque (leading preds in goals) + jonathan blum + 1st round pick
Quote:
id settle for jonathan blum + patric hornqvist + 2013 1st round pick .. wouldnt be thrilled but we need a ****ing goal scorer.. just hope the 1st isnt top 10 like its looking...
Quote:
Done, fax the papers over.
Quote:
wish we could... the more i watch our top 6, the more desperate i get...

Old
03-19-2013, 12:04 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Not the Florida 3rd.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The deadline is two weeks from tomorrow. The Rangers have 3 3rd rounders. Its really 4 if they don't make the finals this season. The FLA 3rd should be a high pick. Maybe the top pick in the 3rd. NSH. Conditional CLB pick. Rangers. Trading one of those picks for a depth forward who the Rangers can keep next season with 1 year left or will be a group II. Slats traded Jason Ward,MA Cliche and Jan Marek(which became a 3rd)when Marek wouldn't sign with LA for Avery in 2007. Avery played well for the rest of that season and in 07-08. He filed for salary arbitration in 07 and the Rangers criticized Avery in their brief. Set Larry Brooks off. $1.9M for 07-08. Sean left in the summer of 08 for Dallas but that was a good trade for the Rangers. Take one of those picks and a roster player. Add a middling prospect. Swapping a 3rd for a rental seems like a waste of an asset.
How did Jan Marek get a compensation pick? He was an eighth rounder.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Old
03-19-2013, 12:10 PM
ecemleafs

no offense kwayry, but who cares what some posters on the trade forum agree to? i doubt sather and the sens gm check hf boards for approval after they come to an agreement...

Old
03-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
I am going to repost this, because somebody said these deals were not agreed on and missed it the first time I posted it. Scroll up earlier for links to the threads..
The offers from Ottawa and Nashville are:
Ottawa:
Zibby + Greening + Wiercioch

Nashville:
Nyqvist + Blum + first.
I mean honestly, who cares what a couple of idiot fans think on a message board.

We have people here who wanted to trade Derek Stepan for Jussi Jokinen.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
no offense kwayry, but who cares what some posters on the trade forum agree to? i doubt sather and the sens gm check hf boards for approval after they come to an agreement...
Because it's iammitter, a rangers fan who doesn't even read the rangers board and is posting non sense on the main boards.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:14 PM
tjs252

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
I get what you’re saying, but the consensus here is that we need players that are tough and physical, who can also score. I would only want Gaborik moved in the right deal. A smart move could set up the Rangers so that they aren’t “dog crap” in 2015, which by the way I don’t see happening anyway. We have a strong young defense, a good scoring core developing around and all world goalie, yet in 2 years we turn to **** according to you?

Gaborik will eventually regain his scoring touch, but will it be too late this season? Will he start off great next season and succumb to another injury in a full 82g season, limping again into the post season? You have to take this into consideration.
Callahan, Lundqvist, Girardi, Gaborik will all be UFAs, Richards will likely be gone, and we don't know what will happen with Stepan, Hagelin, or McDonagh as their RFA status this offseason clouds that. I'd assume we keep all of them, but that further shrinks the amount of space to keep the "key" FAs. To reiterate, the only certainties for 2014/15 are Staal, Kreider, Miller, Nash (and I guess technically Richards). That's not a good looking team. It's a worse looking team if we perpetuate the Torts "win 2-1 at all costs" system.

There's a dearth of scoring talent in the organization. The Rangers, starting in 2014 are going to have a lot of holes to fill, and, after keeping their own UFAs with the shrunken cap, not a lot of space with which to do fill them. This team is built to win now, and it's going to be a smoldering scorched earth mess by 2014. Trading Gaborik hurts our chances to win it all this year or next, and it doesn't fix the doomsday we have coming in 2 years. It's a lose-lose. I'm actually stunned so many are advocating it.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:17 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
How did Jan Marek get a compensation pick? He was an eighth rounder.
conditional pick not compensation pick...as part of the trade they got our 3rd rounder after he didn't sign.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:25 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Because it's iammitter, a rangers fan who doesn't even read the rangers board and is posting non sense on the main boards.
I'm not posting nonsense. You're just merely claiming somethings agreed to when one outlier does. The majority of Nashville fans said no to Horny straight up for Gaborik, let alone Hornqvist+. One disgusted fan was ready to agree to anything.

That doesn't mean Nashville would give that kind of package up.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:28 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
I'm not posting nonsense. You're just merely claiming somethings agreed to when one outlier does. The majority of Nashville fans said no to Horny straight up for Gaborik, let alone Hornqvist+. One disgusted fan was ready to agree to anything.

That doesn't mean Nashville would give that kind of package up.
Either you lied or you can't read

Quote:
Here, clearly if it's Hornqvist, it's not Blum+1st added on. You added that, but none of them agreed.
When clearly at least one of them agreed.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:30 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

I can show that it's not agreed to as well:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Too much, Hornqvist is a multiple 20 goal scorer entering his prime, Gaborik is on the wrong side of 30 and his contract is more than TWICE what Hornqvist is being paid.

Also Hornqvist is an RFA next year. NYR will have him for MULTIPLE years.

I think at most, it will be Hornqvist +1st for Gaborik. And that is a stretch for NYR's side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Hornqvist is considerably younger, and has scored 30 and 26 goals in his two full seasons. He's cheaper, and still an RFA.

Gaborik is obviously the better player, but you don't make trades in a vacuum. Would I rather have Gaborik for the next 100 games or Hornqvist for the next 400 or 500 at 2/3 million dollars cheaper, PLUS our first round pick?
Quote:
Hornqvist is 6 years younger, will likely be 3-4M cheaper, and is still an RFA this summer.

Considering that in his two full seasons he's scored 30 and 26 goals, I'm not sure the difference between he and Gaborik(only 1 year away from UFA, btw) is Ellis and a first.

If Hornqvist is involved, I don't think NY can ask for much more, otherwise it doesn't really make sense for Nashville to add all of that for 1.5 more years of a guy who may score 10 more goals than Hornqvist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Hornqvist, Ellis would not be part of this deal.

And you can just as easily find Ottawa fans who balk at Zibanejad+

Old
03-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

@iammitter
And you keep taking credit for the Zibby + Greening deal when it was clearly proposed by a Sens fan after a little push from I8islanders.

Quote:
Zibanejad,Z.Smith, Gonchar/Wiercioch for Gabby & Boyle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
I do not want to move Gaborik at all, but if you replaced Smith with Greening I would have to do that deal. Would understand if you wouldn't/couldn't do that though.
Quote:
I'd do it... Zibby,Greening,Gonchar/Wiercioch.. I was purely putting Z.Smith in the deal for your 3rd Line C need.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
I can show that it's not agreed to as well:
You can say some agreed, some didn't, but you can't freaking say nobody did.

Edit: That's a lie, no other way to put it.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:36 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Either you lied or you can't read

When clearly at least one of them agreed.
My post was edited at 12:14 to
Quote:
Here, clearly if it's Hornqvist, it's not Blum+1st added on. You added that, but only one person agreed. The majority were firmly against it.
Because as I was perusing other posts, I saw that one outlier.

I'm sure you can find Ranger fans that'll just as easily give up Gaborik for a salary dump. My point is that unless something is (begrudgingly or not) agreed to by most people, it's not very realistic.

Fisher+Ellis+1st is a realistic package. Hornqvist+Blum+1st isn't, really.

I like Hornqvist, but I'm not sure he would fit all that well in new york anyway. He gives about as much effort defensively as Richards, less than Gaborik.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:40 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
You can say some agreed, some didn't, but you can't freaking say nobody did.

Edit: That's a lie, no other way to put it.
Like I said earlier, my post was amended a while back.

Quote:
@iammitter
And you keep taking credit for the Zibby + Greening deal when it was clearly proposed by a Sens fan after a little push from I8islanders.
I posted it on the Rangers board right before people started mentioning it on the trade forum iirc. I'll try and find it if it makes you happy.
All I said was that I proposed Zibanejad+Greening+1st, not Greening in general. I may have said "pick" instead of 1st.

But, again, I'll try and find it.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:43 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

The key question with Hornqvist is can he play the left side?

Still not as worried about the blueline of a team that can't score as much as others are here. I know Sather wants to add some prospect for future there, but our defense doesn't really need immediate help except to add offense on the power play.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:48 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs252 View Post
Callahan, Lundqvist, Girardi, Gaborik will all be UFAs, Richards will likely be gone, and we don't know what will happen with Stepan, Hagelin, or McDonagh as their RFA status this offseason clouds that. I'd assume we keep all of them, but that further shrinks the amount of space to keep the "key" FAs. To reiterate, the only certainties for 2014/15 are Staal, Kreider, Miller, Nash (and I guess technically Richards). That's not a good looking team. It's a worse looking team if we perpetuate the Torts "win 2-1 at all costs" system.

There's a dearth of scoring talent in the organization. The Rangers, starting in 2014 are going to have a lot of holes to fill, and, after keeping their own UFAs with the shrunken cap, not a lot of space with which to do fill them. This team is built to win now, and it's going to be a smoldering scorched earth mess by 2014. Trading Gaborik hurts our chances to win it all this year or next, and it doesn't fix the doomsday we have coming in 2 years. It's a lose-lose. I'm actually stunned so many are advocating it.
the buyout of Richards, along with the inevitable departure of Gaborik will clear up the money to sign all of our players and possibly add a center to replace Richards. Every year, i hear the same doomsday ranger prophets spout cap disasters looming, and it never comes to pass.

If you actually believed your argument, you'd be advocating moving Gaborik for younger, cheaper players in an effort to avoid your cataclysmic catastrophe.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:50 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
The key question with Hornqvist is can he play the left side?

Still not as worried about the blueline of a team that can't score as much as others are here. I know Sather wants to add some prospect for future there, but our defense doesn't really need immediate help except to add offense on the power play.
I don't really see why not. Hornqvist gets most of his goals the way Callahan does, except he plays the game Gaborik-style instead of Callahan style. He's going to get his goals with tips/deflections/rebounds.

He's not much of a backchecker or grinder, though, so there's that.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:52 PM
Ola

Quote:
Girardi
haha, very funny acting like Girardi will be alive in 2015 after 1.5 more years of shotblocking...

(j/k)

Old
03-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:

Fisher+Ellis+1st is a realistic package. Hornqvist+Blum+1st isn't, really.

I like Hornqvist, but I'm not sure he would fit all that well in new york anyway. He gives about as much effort defensively as Richards, less than Gaborik.
And Fisher is 33 in June with a 4.2Mil caphit until 2015, how is that a good deal for the Rangers?

Whether you like or hate Gabby is irrelevant. You should want the best deal for the Rangers.
Let the other team decide what is reasonable and what is not.
To claim that you know their needs and bottom line more than them is unreasonable at best.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
And Fisher is 33 in June with a 4.2Mil caphit until 2015, how is that a good deal for the Rangers?

Whether you like or hate Gabby is irrelevant. You should want the best deal for the Rangers.
Let the other team decide what is reasonable and what is not.
To claim that you know their needs and bottom line more than them is unreasonable at best.
Because you've addressed 3 key needs in a trade?
- Improved the 3rd line center spot immensely
- Added a RH, PPQB defensemen on an ELC.
- Recouped a lost 1st round pick

Bonus:
- Carrie Underwood will be a regular fixture on MSG cameras.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Ola

Quote:

On a more serious note, you could be alot worse off than having a good team in a tough cap position.

I mean, what is the downside if we in the summer of 15' is forced to trade Marc Staal? What do we stand to loose?

Boston got into cap-hell [sic] and got Seguin and Hamilton out of it.

Closed Thread